Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 11:05   #541
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
I am facing this strange situation. My SE for Venue tells me that if I change tyres from outside, that is non Hyundai service outlet, the warranty would be void. Now when did Hyundai start selling tyres as official accessories? Are the service centres changing tyres now? Even in warranty wordings tyres, batteries etc are clearly mentioned to be warranted by their respective manufacturers. How do I counter him? This is just replacing tyres with better quality ones, not upsizing or changing from steel to alloys.
If you are just opting for a different brand of tyres (no down or upsizing).. SE's advice has no merit. Not all vehicles in the same car model have tyres from one tyre OEM !!

Suggest to take it up with dealer service head and ask a written response in case he also insists for the same. Convey to him that you will further send his email to Hyundai Motor's with copy to him to understand OEM position. High probability they will not give you any email nor club the issue with warranty again.

However ensure that you take pictures of the original tyres for your reference and invoice copy of the new tyres in case some references required later.
Old 24th February 2024, 16:28   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hello, has anyone tried fitting the Creta dual tone horn to their Venue? The single tone horn in Venue is quite meek; I guess adding the low tone horn of Creta will sound really good. Just wanted to know if anyone has done that or if its feasible to do so.
Hello there. Yes, I did recently for my Venue, and it feels so nice. There have been absolutely no fault codes or issues with the dashboard, etc., for months now. Hella brand costs 3K and comes with 3 years of warranty. Amazing sound like in BMW
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 17:49   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hello, has anyone tried fitting the Creta dual tone horn to their Venue? The single tone horn in Venue is quite meek; I guess adding the low tone horn of Creta will sound really good. Just wanted to know if anyone has done that or if its feasible to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any pre 2022 Venue owners upgraded headlights? Any recommendations?
I am still running with stock bulbs (DCT, SXO 2019).
Yes GNOME ones are good, I got it done at the Hyundai Service centre

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th February 2024 at 17:51. Reason: Minor edit
Old 18th March 2024, 15:08   #544
BHPian

Hi All! Just wanted to update that we did a road trip of about 1200km - Chennai to Mysore and back along with some local drives inside Mysore town. The car performed very well and crossed the 30K mark during the trip. The ODO now stands at 30,350 in two years. The Conti UC6 tires have also held up well (despite 2 punctures on different tires caused by Nails). Thanks to regular maintenance (alignment, balancing and nitrogen top up) at MRF Tiredrome, it looks like the tires would last up to 50k.

I had also added a bottle of Wurth Diesel additive to a full tank of diesel the night before our trip and I felt that the engine ran a bit smoother after 50-60km into the drive, with a minor dip in noise (possibly due to lesser friction). This is the first time I have added an additive in this car and based on general recommendations, I am going to stick to a 2500km interval for each bottle of additive. Hoping to get Liquy Moly next time as it wasn't available this time around.

My standard speed during trips are 100-110 with two of us in the car and some luggage. The car showed a mileage of 20.5 during the onward trip and 21.5 during the return trip (slight up-hill drive while going to Bangalore). However, I see that there is a 1-1.5kmpl difference between my tankful calculations and what the display shows. I did not face this much of a difference in my previous cars and wanted to know if anyone else also had similar experiences with the fuel average.

Cheers!
Old 25th March 2024, 18:18   #545

Horrendous experience with the Hyundai Venue after just 3 years(66k KM)

Horrendous experience with the Hyundai Venue after just 3 years (66k KM)

tl;dr, Our Hyundai Venue (2021) broke down on the road 3 times in 30 days due to gear not falling into place (same problem in all 3 occurrences) and we are officially fed up with Korean cars. We are buying Honda Elevate ZX CVT and exchanging the Venue.

Event I (24th February, 2024): It all started on a normal drive while reaching home after almost 100KM of a drive that morning on the ORR. The car was under braking while reaching the toll gate and didn't fall into first gear, no matter how hard we tried to force it. It was going into gear when turned off on all 3 occasions. We called a tow truck because we didn't have Hyundai RSA and he charged 4k for 8KM, we didn't have any other option at the time as we were stranded near the Toll Gate. Service centre claimed that iMT actuator was damaged and it was replaced and covered under warranty. Car was better after the change but not the best.

Event II (March 16,2024): While driving back from a haircut after around 25km of driving that day, we slowed down a couple hundred meters before the speed breaker, and car was not falling into any gear no matter how much we tried. We were able to safely drive it off the road to stop. We called the same tow truck and he charged 5k for 10KM this time. This time service centre claimed that clutch bearing had to be replaced and again, it was done under warranty and delivered to us. Car was driving better but still not the best. We learnt our lesson and purchased Hyundai RSA (2k for 1 year) which offers free towing to service centre.

Event III (March 24, 2024): After around 25km of driving while coming back from HYB station, it wasn't going into gear again, again, we managed to drive off to the side of the road safely. After 20 mins of contacting and arranging RSA pickup, RSA tow truck driver just started and we were told to wait for 90 minutes. We started the car and tried putting it into gear, surprisingly it worked, so we called the RSA and told him not to come. We drove directly to the service centre. This time the clutch tube pipe had to be replaced and again, it was covered under warranty.

Learnings from this past 1 month (Warning: these opinions are purely based off of our experience with Hyundai Venue (2021), and I can guarantee it is not personal hate towards the company):
-Hyundai cars are absolutely not designed for longevity.
-Hyundai service (KUN Gachibowli) is not the most transparent service centre or dealership, we faced some issues during delivery too.
-Hyundai iMT is NOT a tried and tested technology, even if it is, it's not reliable at all.
-We were lucky to take extended warranty during delivery, as our total expense for the car was 11k(4k+5k+2k) instead of a ballpark figure of 30-35k if we had to pay for those parts.
-There seems to be some jerkiness (similar to what you feel in a manual if the car is knocking) in 1st gear while going at slow speeds. Service center guy says this is because we press brake while downshifting and that shouldn't be done in iMT cars because it damages the car. AFAIK, we haven't done that.

Conclusion:
-We are exchanging the Hyundai Venue and buying a Honda Elevate ZX CVT (Still deciding between White w/ black roof or Meteoroid Gray)
-Rephrasing Faisal Khan's words, a Honda is a Honda is a Honda
-We are going for the Elevate because our Jazz (2016, 1.3L km) runs butter smooth to this day and we believe the Honda CVT Engine will do great in the Elevate too.

Questions:
-How much can I expect for the Hyundai Venue (2021, 66,000 KM, not more than 4-5 scratches on the car, that too they're only visible if observed closely, maintained very neatly inside)
-What are some red flags from the dealership I should be careful about while buying the Elevate? We will be adamant about a PDI before the invoice is generated because once it is generated, we are helpless.
-Pride Honda (Madhapur, Hyd) is charging 5k for logistics and 12k for so called 'Basic Accessory Kit'. Can I refuse to pay these charges?
-Sundaram Honda (Secunderabad) is charging 12k for 'Basic Kit' (I think both dealers offer this same Kit) and an absurd 34k for Signature Spoiler Kit. Shocking thing is this kit is not even a part of the 'optionals' section in the price sheet.

Thanks and regards,
hoopsandbhp

P.S.: Sorry for the extremely long post, I'm still new to posting on this forum though I've been an active reader since 2 years.
Note for Mods: Please move to relevant section if needed.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th March 2024 at 09:37. Reason: Minor clean up edits.
hoopsandbhp is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 10:43   #546
BHPian

Re: Horrendous experience with the Hyundai Venue after just 3 years(66k KM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsandbhp View Post
Questions:
-How much can I expect for the Hyundai Venue (2021, 66,000 KM, not more than 4-5 scratches on the car, that too they're only visible if observed closely, maintained very neatly inside)

Thanks and regards,
hoopsandbhp
You can try the below thread, where members list their cars for sale. This can be an additional avenue for your car listing.

BHPian-owned cars for Sale | Pics & details
varunswnt is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 10:44   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Horrendous experience with the Hyundai Venue after just 3 years (66k KM)
I am a Kia Sonet iMT owner and the vehicle is now nearing 3 years of usage. Fortunately for me it's been a fill it, shut it and forget it affair. We are so satisfied with the car, that we went ahead and bought in another Kia- Seltos DCT facelift.

Any particular reason the ASS might have mentioned as to why your Venue troubled you so much? Did you use to crawl a lot in B2B traffic in the venue? Also did you try shifting to N at long stops?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:44   #548
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]
-Pride Honda (Madhapur, Hyd) is charging 5k for logistics and 12k for so called 'Basic Accessory Kit'. Can I refuse to pay these charges?
-Sundaram Honda (Secunderabad) is charging 12k for 'Basic Kit' (I think both dealers offer this same Kit) and an absurd 34k for Signature Spoiler Kit. Shocking thing is this kit is not even a part of the 'optionals' section in the price sheet.

Thanks and regards,
hoopsandbhp

P.S.: Sorry for the extremely long post, I'm still new to posting on this forum though I've been an active reader since 2 years.
Note for Mods: Please move to relevant section if needed.
Not sure about Sundaram Honda, but when we bought our Amaze last year from Pride Honda Madinaguda, basic kit costed 6k which mostly consisted of essentials like mudflaps, cleaning kit etc which could be cancelled if not interested. Logistics AFAIR was non negotiable, but try harder and you might get it waived off. Congratulations in advance on your new purchase.

Last edited by saikishor : 26th March 2024 at 11:45.
Old 26th March 2024, 20:52   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Any particular reason the ASS might have mentioned as to why your Venue troubled you so much? Did you use to crawl a lot in B2B traffic in the venue? Also did you try shifting to N at long stops?
The service advisor mentioned that it might be due to pressing the brake while downshifting. Not sure how true that is as it sounded like he was just making a guess.
We used to crawl in traffic but maybe once every 2 weeks that too for a maximum of 5-10 mins as my dad is the primary driver of the car and the route to his office is traffic-free 95% of the time.
Yes we used to keep the car in Neutral with parking brake engaged while stopped in traffic, could that be a reason as to why this happened? I never thought of it because that is what we do in manuals too, shift to N and press brake or engage parking brake. Anyways, I think it was a lesson learnt with the iMT for us. Although I must agree it was and always will be a very fun gearbox to use as it gave the freedom of a manual without the clutch.
hoopsandbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 21:59   #550
BHPian

Quote:
You can certainly refuse to pay for kit. I purchased Elevate in December last year from Delhi. Refused to buy any kit. I am not sure about logistics charges, these may have been hidden in RTO charges.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 23:37   #551

Quote:
Questions:
-What are some red flags from the dealership I should be careful about while buying the Elevate? We will be adamant about a PDI before the invoice is generated because once it is generated, we are helpless.
I got my Elevate at Magnum Kanakpura last december and the dealer was very open with us. He allowed us a detailed PDI for 2 hrs before even paying anything. He even confidently left us alone with the car (says something about Honda reliability ).
Quote:
Our Car was a company lease (involves company deciding on the insurance) and many dealers (other brands) used to suddenly dropped interest in selling to us on mentioning about the lease. Our Honda SA was totally okay with us and we even did not pick the basic kit. We paid the handling charges as I felt it was standard across Honda (there were some team bhp threads on this as well where honda themselves had agreed with dealer to charge it) but I believe with the current discounts you might be able to negotiate this off as well or reduce it someplace else.

Quote:
Basic kit is common across all car brands and you need not opt for it as I mentioned above. Spoiler kit is also a seperate part of official accessories which need not be chosen if you are not interested. Elevate sales have slowed down so I dont think dealers are in a position to make you pick something you dont want to, however I have seen posts (SA whatsapp status) about a price hike in April.
Old 28th March 2024, 18:34   #552
BHPian

[quote=

Thanks and regards,
hoopsandbhp

.[/QUOTE]

Basic kit is your call but as far as I know, any logistic/handling charges are illegal. There's a thread about how a fellow bhpian won against Mahindra in consumer court when they charged him logistics for Scorpio (Though it was a long legal battle). There are court orders against such malpractices and Google baba should help you out.

Don't pay them anything more than what is legal

Happy driving and all the best
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:07   #553
BHPian

Any reason why you are not willing to give the car to a third person repair center? If you find someone good it might last a decade and you’ll save some money. Esp since you already have a second car to use as a backup in the meanwhile.

I’m not a car expert but I’d suggest against an automatic transmission for internal combustion engine(ICE). They require enormous complexity which affects reliability and longevity. For electric cars, automatic transmission is a natural, it doesn’t require a workaround. So in this case it’s an easy choice.
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:32   #554
BHPian

Quote:
We are buying Honda Elevate ZX CVT and exchanging the Venue.

IMT has been around since quite a while now and not many complaints have been reported on the forum, have you considered that you have got a defective piece? Also, since 1st 2 years there was no issue, observe what changed which caused back to back failures, was it a new person driving the car or any recent servicing you did?
Since you have the extended warranty, why not escalate it to Hyundai via all possible means and push for a new Vehicle or a gearbox replacement. Even if that doesn’t work get an additional extended warranty on the gearbox and you’ll save some money in the long run. Given your running, once its at 5 years mark, you can consider a replacement. Elevate EV will be out by then.

If you are done considering all options, and decided to go for a replacement, then Elevate is a good choice. Honda is providing significant discounts on Elevate, check multiple dealers, ackodrive etc and you should be able to get 50k plus discounts. I don’t think any Honda dealer is in a position to force customers to buy these kits etc. Try nearby cities if dealers in your city are not interested.

Last edited by sapien : 23rd April 2024 at 16:51.
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:24   #555
BHPian

Moderators: Forgive me, for it is this kind of comments from SAs that absolutely enrage me.

Quote:
The service advisor mentioned that it might be due to pressing the brake while downshifting. Not sure how true that is as it sounded like he was just making a guess.
This service advisor’s comment is the single largest piece of horse-poop I have come across in a while. Of course there is a brake press while downshifting as you try to not hit the guy in front and like a sizeable chunk of the population, even he might brake while downshifting. Of course, one cannot wait to hit the other guy and then downshift, to save the transmission. I find it hard to believe that is how the iMT is meant to be used.

Also, since there has been many iMTs paired to this engine in Venue, i20 and Sonet and many of them on the road, one should not have to change the gear only after finishing braking action. If that were the case, I should expect many more iMTs to fail across the country, given our driving styles.

This is very similar to how HMIL/KIA’s Service and Sales Advisors respond to the question of no Wireless CarPlay in the top variant Head Units: Sir it has built in Connected Car Features/ it comes with a SIM module and that is why there is no Wireless AA/AC possible on this head unit.

Last edited by SixPistons : 23rd April 2024 at 17:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks