Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 09:49   #391
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

I thought this may be useful to prospective buyers. Hyundai seems to have changed the wheel offering in the Venue from those nicely cut alloys (I quite like them) to steel rims. The article talks about the SX variant but I don't know if the other variants are changed as well.

Here's the article, and a quote from it: "..has found that the car that has been allotted to him has steel wheels instead of alloys."

https://www.carblogindia.com/hyundai...-steel-wheels/
Old 8th July 2021, 10:00   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gks777 View Post
I've noticed a couple of slightly odd things when driving. Like to know your inputs
1. First and second gear shifts are not as smooth as the rest. First gear especially feels harder to slot at times.
2. Clutch release in 1&2 gears is jerky at times unless I time the clutch release perfectly.
3. The brake shudders quite a bit when done hard. Is that the abs?
4. Car shakes quite a bit if rpm is low for the gear.
5. Car moves slightly to left when steering is free.
6. The inbuilt navigation keeps showing my car direction in opposite direction making it useless to show correct directions. Can't seem to right it.
7. The front right brakes squeal sometimes. What could the cause be?
Any suggestions/inputs are welcome. Thanks!
If this is a new vehicle, please use it for a few 1000 Kms, preferably some highway trips as well and then see how things are , chances are many of these will resolve itself.
Old 10th July 2021, 23:09   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I have a i20 turbo Sportz model. The technician at Hyundai instructed me to use USB wire to connect phone to HU and I did so and it worked great.

But then I switched on both wifi and BT on phone before starting the car and it connects to the HU Android Auto without wires seamlessly. But it takes about 20 /30 seconds. Hope this helps
I read your post but did not understand. Are you saying the i20 sportz model does not have wireless android auto, but you were able to use wireless android auto using this method?
Old 11th July 2021, 13:27   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I read your post but did not understand. Are you saying the i20 sportz model does not have wireless android auto, but you were able to use wireless android auto using this method?
Sorry if I was not so clear.

I'm a noob when it comes to technology (being 63 years young doesn't help). So I bought this new i20 and couldn't figure how to connect my Android phone to the HU without USB cable. My son who has an IPhone connected to my car's HU in seconds, wirelessly. Then I looked up YouTube and found that to connect Android wirelessly one has to get into developer mode etc etc which was geek to me. So when I went to get number plate fixed asked the enlightened sales guy? He tells me "all Android phones cannot connect wirelessly. It doesn't depend on what version of Android you have, but on phone hardware. Since your phone is not supported you have to use USB cable"

But then I paired my phone to the HU (Android Auto) wirelessly keeping phone wifi and Bluetooth on following the instructions on The HU.
Now, 3 months and 1500 kms later, I have experienced no problem. It takes 15 /20 seconds for the pairing and the HU starts playing the same song that I last played when I stopped it.
I am running Android 11 on a Realme 7.

Hope this helps.
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 14:17   #395
MSC
BHPian

Received via social media.
The post claims some alterations in Venue feature list. It's is also claimed that Bluelink is getting some enhancements as well as a high line TPMS instead of a Low lone one. There have also been claims in some Facebook Venue owner group that Venue models after June 2021 are getting wireless Android connectivity as well.
Though hopes are bleak, will it be possible to upgrade older units into wireless ones?
It's a wild guess
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20210724140912__01.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20210724140905__01.jpg  

MSC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 19:34   #396
BHPian

Found this picture in Venue owners FB page where the person was claiming wireless Apple car play is available in Venue which were manufactured after April 2021. Checked in their website, nothing is updated in broucher though.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fb_img_1627135133831.jpg  

vvivek85 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:50   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The post claims some alterations in Venue feature list. It's is also claimed that Bluelink is getting some enhancements as well as a high line TPMS instead of a Low line one.
Is it possible to upgrade the existing low line TPMS to high line? I don't care about BlueLink and Wireless AA.

I guess with sensor change + some coding for dashboard, it should be doable considering there's a provision for it already. Can anyone test it out, please?

Edit -

TPMS changes are there in website
https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/find-a-car/venue/features

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot-20210726-12.52.11-pm.png

Last edited by prajwalmr62 : 26th July 2021 at 12:53. Reason: added screenshot
Old 29th July 2021, 17:12   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The post claims some alterations in Venue feature list. It's is also claimed that Bluelink is getting some enhancements as well as a high line TPMS instead of a Low lone one. There have also been claims in some Facebook Venue owner group that Venue models after June 2021 are getting wireless Android connectivity as well.
It's a wild guess
I can certainly confirm about TPMS. Yesterday, I was at dealer stockyard for PDI of 2 SX+ DCTs. As per VIN, production date of first unit was 05-06-2021 while second rolled out on 26-06-2021. Latter one had the highline TPMS while former one was still on lowline TPMS, probably it was manufactured in May and dispatched in first week of June.
gloriole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 13:27   #399
BHPian

I own an April'21 manufactured Hyundai Venue SX+ DCT Sports. Due to lockdown, the delivery was delayed by 2 months and yesterday I went for my 1st free service. I asked the Service Advisor about the possibility of updating the new features on my car - 1. Lowline to Highline TPMS and 2. Wireless AA. The looks he gave after my query felt like I have asked him for a new Creta in exchange of my car

He told me he will revert after checking with his team (which he never did and I had to follow up) and finally confirmed that it's not possible to upgrade these features in previous versions of the car.

Also, I noticed a strange sound coming when I apply brakes after getting the car serviced. The car definitely runs smoother but never heard these brake sounds earlier. Any thoughts on this?
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 20:01   #400
Senior - BHPian

Any 1.0 Turbo DCT owners added any performance filters? If so any brands/recommendations?

Anyone has done further performance turning? Or added tuning boxes?
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:48   #401

Hello fellow Venue owners ! Just got myself a 1.0 Turbo DCT SX+ on the 1st of Sept 2021 and I’ve noticed this on the disc brake on the 6th ! I contacted the service center and was told that this is a common occurrence especially during the rains. Is this a fact ? Any solution other than keep using the car (as told to me by the technician) ? I must add that I haven’t been using it daily .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-d53f438b88e5473aa7842c89abfe68b4.jpeg  

Old 8th September 2021, 00:48   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint2001 View Post
Hello fellow Venue owners ! Just got myself a 1.0 Turbo DCT SX+ on the 1st of Sept 2021 and I’ve noticed this on the disc brake on the 6th ! I contacted the service center and was told that this is a common occurrence especially during the rains. Is this a fact ? Any solution other than keep using the car (as told to me by the technician) ? I must add that I haven’t been using it daily .
This is a common phenomenon in not just Venue but other cars also. Will go away once you start driving the car. The disc is made of cast iron and hence this happens.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 16:19   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any 1.0 Turbo DCT owners added any performance filters? If so any brands/recommendations?

Anyone has done further performance turning? Or added tuning boxes?
An update on this:

I have not received any answers - I tried to ask this in this thread, twice about K&N filters for 1.0L DCT.
Last week I fitted the filter - which is the same as the one Fluidic Verna.
For those interested, The part/model number is 33-3081. It is Rs. 6900, but it is available on Amazon for around 5700/-

There is a noticeable performance increase. There was a sluggishness, as some of you might have noticed in the lower RPM or initial shifts from 1-2-3, as if the accelerator is bit disconnected from the engine. Kind of slow response. Which is now gone. Overall happy about the decision.

The stock filter is 2+ inches thick, but K&N is around 1 inch.
agbenny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:57   #404
BHPian

Folks we have booked the Venue DCT SX+ for my dad and are expecting the delivery in a months time and in the meanwhile, I have a few questions for the fellow owners:-

1. Does SX+ DCT comes with Wireless Android Auto?
2. Does it come with TPMS?
3. How much was the waiting time for the DCT folks in general? And based on the VIN how much old was your manufacturing month like 1 month old or 15 days old?
4. Any particular accessory or add-on you would recommend to be bought with the vehicle?
5. There is a SOT package but I heard it's not available for Venue. Is that True? And if not then is it worth buying ?
6. How much mileage is the DCT folks getting in city in medium traffic?
7. Any heating issues have anyone has faced so far.
8 . What is the best approach to drive the DCT in start-stop traffic. Like with respect to the D, S, P mode. In other terms what's the best approach to reduce the wear and tear to the engine in the start-stop traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
My 76 year old Dad was finding it increasingly difficult to drive his 2003 Hyundai Santro Xing in Bangalore traffic. So the Santro had to go. His new car requirements:

- Automatic transmission
- Has to be a tallboy for ease of entry/exit
- Budget of Rs. 10L to Rs. 12L
- Has to be a Hyundai (because Santro was flawless and troublefree)

After millions of hours of research on the internet to find such a car, we finally zeroed in on:

Pretty much with the same requirements for my 60+ years, we took TD for
Sonet, Seltos, S Cross, Polo, Brezza, and every time we used to come back and realize that Venue was the only vehicle that satisfied all our requirements. We finally booked SX+ DCT and thanks to the lower road tax we booked the vehicle for 13.10 On-road(Punjab). The only complaint I have is that it doesn't get 6 airbags as against the SX(O) IMT but then that's fine. Nothing much can be done. I don't think at this price point there is any other vehicle that offers these many features. Since it will be my parents alone who will be using the vehicle the backspace was not an issue. While searching online I found that Venue scored a decent 4 start in the Australia tests so I am making an assumption that it's a safe vehicle.

Please do let me know how has been the journey so far with respect to the DCT heating issues in Bangalore start-stop traffic. Did you make the right choice by going with DCT? Any other issues in particular you faced. The reason for asking is that my dada also will be using the vehicle mostly in the city with some traffic and I want to guide him with the best approach to how to handle the vehicle in start-stop traffic with minimum wear and tear.

Last edited by Artyom : 25th September 2021 at 22:21.
Old 25th September 2021, 22:20   #405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
3. How much was the waiting time for the DCT folks in general? And based on the VIN how much old was your manufacturing month like 1 month old or 15 days old?
We got our S+ DCT in around 20 days. However, delivery times might be longer now. My friend booked a Sonet DCT and the dealer has tentatively promised delivery in 3 months.

My Venue was manufactured in Jan 2021 and delivered in March 2021.

Quote:
6. How much mileage is the DCT folks getting in city in medium traffic?
I'm getting 8.5 kmpl in heavy traffic and/or short trips. In medium traffic and/or longer trips, I'm getting around 9.5 kmpl. In ring road type conditions with smooth flow of vehicles, expect around 11 kmpl.

Quote:
8 . What is the best approach to drive the DCT in start-stop traffic. Like with respect to the D, S, P mode. In other terms what's the best approach to reduce the wear and tear to the engine in the start-stop traffic.
I instinctively shift to neutral at traffic signal or even in stop-go-stop driving conditions if it takes longer than 5 to 10 seconds. But I've been doing this with all my automatics.

There is no S mode in Venue DCT.

Last edited by SmartCat : 25th September 2021 at 22:21.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks