Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:16   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Venue to get clutchless manual transmission in July 2020.

The intelligent manual transmission (iMT) aims to combine the strengths of manual and automatic gearboxes.
Really hope this doesn't mean the DCT will be replaced by the iMT. While it is an interesting concept, I am sure there are a large number of people (including myself) that see the DCT as one of the major selling points for the Venue. It would be great if both the gearboxes are offered simultaneously.

Apart from that I am really curious to know how exactly Hyundai and Kia are going to execute this system.
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:22   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have been wondering exactly how to categorize this. Would it be just that with an AMT (or Auto DCT) actuator, the gear stick has a 5 (or 6)+R gates instead of the sequential +/- shifting in traditional AMTs (or DCTs)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Really hope this doesn't mean the DCT will be replaced by the iMT. While it is an interesting concept, I am sure there are a large number of people (including myself) that see the DCT as one of the major selling points for the Venue. It would be great if both the gearboxes are offered simultaneously.
Quoting myself since I forgot a key item in my own post. For an AMT - this iMT would be a simple thing to achieve.

With a DCT this is quite remarkable if done. The crux of DCTs is where the system pre-selects the next predicted gear and thus manages to have lightening fast shifts on most cases. Put in a purely user driven gear selection & I'd say the DCT's primary benefit potentially takes a hit (in theory, since the user can select a gear other than what the DCT logic finds appropriate). An AMT would make better sense in that case to save costs.

Edit - Upon further reading - found that its a single clutch system. So a "Partial AMT" sort of thing that only automates the clutch actuation. Interesting that it will get paired with the TGDi engine which is considered a premium offering.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd July 2020 at 14:36.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:57   #258
Senior - BHPian

But why iMT !?
Time tested Torque Converter transmissions exist all over the world since ages but Hyundai wants to sell us an "electronic" TCU which (presumably) only they can diagnose? And should consumers plan for tonsure after warranty ends/voids?

Hope this atleast comes with a long term Warranty & AMC package bundled together. Preferably 4 + 3yrs.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 22:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
But why iMT !?
Time tested Torque Converter transmissions exist all over the world since ages but Hyundai wants to sell us an "electronic" TCU which (presumably) only they can diagnose? And should consumers plan for tonsure after warranty ends/voids?

Hope this atleast comes with a long term Warranty & AMC package bundled together. Preferably 4 + 3yrs.
Spot on. Now I am beginning to see their plot. Torque converters are most reliable type AT just as NA 4-cylinder engines are. These seldom break down. No breakdown means no after-sale income for companies. Now, Scotty Kilmer's comment are beginning to make sense. He once said in one of his episodes that best ICE cars came between 2000 to 2005. They went downhill from there. More gizmos, more electronics and cheaper and less durable core components under the hood.

Not just Hyundai but suddenly every car is maker is pushing dry-clutch DCTs, turbos, 3-cylinders down our throats. I shudder to think of the wave of breakdowns that may hit consumers 2/3 years down the road. I hope I am proved wrong though. I mean no ill-will for anyone. Just my speculation. And, meanwhile, I am fine with my NA 4-cylinder torque converter car, thank you, which some far away day into future, I may be tempted to sell out of boredom and not because it kept heating up on me in traffic or it kept spitting one part or the other out front.
pgsagar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 14:01   #260
BHPian

Dear Team-BHPians,

It is now time to purchase the 2nd year insurance for my Venue (SX MT petrol). Hyundai has given me the attached quote with break-up. Can you please take a look and provide your kind guidance if the necessary items are there or suggest anything to be taken additionally?

My car has a very low running. It has touched just 3000 km in the last 11 months and with travel restrictions on, I do not think it will go more than another 5000-6000 km for the one year term of the insurance policy.

Looking forward to valuable suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-2nd-year-insurance-premium-breakup-.jpg  

Old 5th July 2020, 06:49   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post

Can you please take a look and provide your kind guidance if the necessary items are there or suggest anything to be taken additionally?

Looking forward to valuable suggestions.
Hey, I recently renewed my Insurance too. I drive the SX + DCT.
I went through the renewal from Hyundai itself, as I didn't want the hassle of looking for policies independently.

Initially Hyundai was upselling me the policy with additional cover such as Engine flood protection etc., But I asked for a revised quote with the addition of only RTI (Return to Invoice).

I think even though you may not drive a lot every year, RTI gives you the additional peace of mind that if for any reason the cars gets totalled and is a write off, you'll get your actual on-road amount back, and not just the IDV.

And this add-on cost around 2k over the base policy. Give it a thought!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20200705064700.jpg  

KaranP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 13:18   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Initially Hyundai was upselling me the policy with additional cover such as Engine flood protection etc., But I asked for a revised quote with the addition of only RTI (Return to Invoice).

I think even though you may not drive a lot every year, RTI gives you the additional peace of mind that if for any reason the cars gets totalled and is a write off, you'll get your actual on-road amount back, and not just the IDV.

And this add-on cost around 2k over the base policy. Give it a thought!
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and suggestions together with your recently taken policy. This is very helpful and highly appreciated
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 13:54   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
The dashboard is normal black for all the variants. May be it's not apparent in the pics due to lighting. The only change is the khakhi inserts on the door panel and a khakhi seat cover. Apart from that there are no major differences between the forest green and other variants. Also my car does not have these red inserts in the AC controls and in the blowers.
So if you book a AT DCT SX Variant in Deep Forest, you still get a black dash board and not the green one. The green dashboard is only in the SXO variant?

Can someone please confirm this?
Old 6th July 2020, 16:15   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatednemz View Post
So if you book a AT DCT SX Variant in Deep Forest, you still get a black dash board and not the green one. The green dashboard is only in the SXO variant?

Can someone please confirm this?
Assuming you meant the SX+ DCT variant of Deep Forest exterior color, it gets the green interiors and not black. Kindly look at this video of the same car in the same color. Though difficult to identify the dark green in the video, it is well noticeable in person. The seats, dashboard, door panel is finished in dark green. If I am not wrong, the steering wheel and armrest is also in dark green.

Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 17:41   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Assuming you meant the SX+ DCT variant of Deep Forest exterior color, it gets the green interiors and not black. Kindly look at this video of the same car in the same color. Though difficult to identify the dark green in the video, it is well noticeable in person. The seats, dashboard, door panel is finished in dark green. If I am not wrong, the steering wheel and armrest is also in dark green.
Thanks for clearing that up. The Deep Forest color is probably the best exterior colour IMO. The green dashboard however is a a letdown. I had booked myself the deep forest SX+ DCT, but I got a call from Hyundai today telling me that the factory has stopped production for DCT in this variant to start rolling out the iMT . Delivery was originally scheduled for next week, but I was told I will have to wait much longer (a few months apparently) if I want the deep forest in DCT.

I did not want to wait any longer and decided on the star-dust colour instead. Went to the dealer with my brother to check out the colour in person and we both found it to be very lackluster. It looks a little dated even when the paint is brand new and I like my cars shiny. Eventually decided to go with the Denim Blue shade which will be delivered next week.

A strange thing the lady kept mentioning is that I can only get the deep forest in IVT now (which is what Hyundai calls their CVT). I asked her if she meant iMT, she said "No, IVT.. " ...like the Seltos. This confused me because there is no news on information on this. Take it with a pinch of salt, because I don't know if this lady is misinformed or if she just leaked the IVT variant.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2020 at 18:56. Reason: Removing youtube URL from quoted post - repetition. Thanks!
heatednemz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 17:29   #266
BHPian

Recently, I bought my DCT in Forest Green. Here are two random pics while driving down a lushly hill road today. I liked this color better than the others on the Venue.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-t1.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-t2.jpg  

KVNair is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 17:57   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
Recently, I bought my DCT in Forest Green. Here are two random pics while driving down a lushly hill road today. I liked this color better than the others on the Venue.
The color definitely looks better on Venue. I have not seen this color on a Venue on the road till now and seems to be rare as of now. Is there additional price of this color or this available as part of normal selection?
Turbo_anup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:01   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I have not seen this color on a Venue on the road till now and seems to be rare as of now. Is there additional price of this color or this available as part of normal selection?
I did not pay any additional costs. This colour was offered to me when I booked the new BS6 vehicle.
KVNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:26   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
The color definitely looks better on Venue. I have not seen this color on a Venue on the road till now and seems to be rare as of now. Is there additional price of this color or this available as part of normal selection?
True. Deep forest colour shade is a rare sight amongst Venue's. What I got to know from the SA at the time of purchase of my friend's Venue is that, almost 70% of the Venue's produced are in White shade, since that being the preferred choice lately. Similar was the case with the earlier gen Creta's. However, not quite sure about the 2020 model.
Old 22nd July 2020, 01:21   #270
BHPian

Hi guys , taking delivery of my venue sx 1.0 turbo tommorow plan to upgrade tyres to 225/60/16 anyone done this, if so please suggest options. Thanks in advance ������
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks