Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2019, 20:15   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Thanks, Reinhard, for your suggestion, would ask them to do that when I go there the next time. Even I am not in for a cluster change, it will have an impact on ODO.

Update - I went there yesterday, they were clueless on why this is happening, one of the SA even tried to convince me that this is how it is in Venue, but wasn't able to answer some logical questions which I asked him.

On seeing me arguing, Arumbakkam Service center manager Mr Praveen intervened and assured me to check with the training team and get back to me before 1 PM yesterday. I am still waiting for his call. Meanwhile, they just unplugged the battery and tighten it again. As they did so, this peculiar issue happened there again, I called Praveen and showed the same to him. Now my thought is, could this issue happened because of some loose contact?

As I said, I am not too worried about the issue, but at the same time I am not able to ignore as well. I hope this is rectified.
Old 18th December 2019, 14:03   #122
BHPian

Those interested in Venue can try it with Revv. I am cross posting my experience from the Revv thread

Good experience in hiring from Revv for couple of days. hired a Hyundai Venue DCT petrol. It was the lower end version.

- Delivery experience was great and on time
- Car condition was very good and it was clean
- It was run over 10K and in very decent condition and running smoothly.

Some observations on Hyundai Venue
- It is quite a capable car with decent space and easy to use
- It is good to drive on Highways and the engine - transmission combination making it quite peppy

- Seating position and visibility is good and handling is quite good with overall suspension little firm. body roll is also controlled

- In crawling traffic it is not so good as transmission and the turbo lag making traveling in start/stop traffic not as easy as in some of the other AT options. This is because the Transmission does not downshift soon and tries to remain in second gear so you feel it bit jerky.

- It is very nice cruiser and gives very good response at half throttle. However if you press too hard the limitations of the engine becomes apparent and there is a significant turbo lag and things get noisy.

I would say it is a very good option for a small family as their first car. Though it may not be the best option for those regularly traveling in very high traffic. If you want a second city car this may not be the best option

Last edited by Sheel : 28th December 2019 at 21:24. Reason: Please do not put too many spaces between paragraphs. Thank You.
neeravnaik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 07:57   #123
BHPian

Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) crash test. Not sure if it’s already been shared. Venue is rated 4 stars.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th December 2019 at 17:37. Reason: External smileys deleted
vvivek85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 14:47   #124
Senior - BHPian

4 stars is good. I'm surprised it didn't beat the Nexon which has fewer airbags. Maybe the chart with damage zones will give us a better idea of how curtain airbags have protected the occupants in a sideways crash Vs a car without those airbags.

Once again hats off to the build quality of the Nexon
Old 19th December 2019, 17:04   #125
BHPian

Guys i am planning to buy Venue 1.2 S petrol next month and i would like to know can my car come with factory fitted ICE and head unit just like its higher models and if so what amount will they charge extra for factory fitted ICE. Another thing in my mind is that if i don't get a factory fitted ICE and display can i get one fitted at the showroom itself after taking the delivery of the car. Is there any provision for such a thing at Hyundai where we can fit the original ICE and display as an official accessory.

By the way i saw a few videos on youtube showing Hypersonic ICE being fitted in Hyundai. Is it worth it and will it void the warranty or i should just buy it from the dealer and take it to Hyundai people to fit the same into my car. Some answers here will surely help me make a better decision.
Old 20th December 2019, 11:47   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys i am planning to buy Venue 1.2 S petrol next month and i would like to know can my car come with factory fitted ICE and head unit just like its higher models and if so what amount will they charge extra for factory fitted ICE. Another thing in my mind is that if i don't get a factory fitted ICE and display can i get one fitted at the showroom itself after taking the delivery of the car. Is there any provision for such a thing at Hyundai where we can fit the original ICE and display as an official accessory.

By the way i saw a few videos on Youtube showing Hypersonic ICE being fitted in Hyundai. Is it worth it and will it void the warranty or i should just buy it from the dealer and take it to Hyundai people to fit the same into my car. Some answers here will surely help me make a better decision.
No as far as I know, it is not possible to fit the system from the higher models. They control a host of car functions too. Also the wiring will be different compared to the basic headunit.

Hyundai does not sell this system as an accessory. They will give you either a basic Sony/Pioneer headunit.

Also the higher models have a shark fin antenna which holds the GPS required for the inbuilt navigation to work on the factory touchscreen headunit.

Regarding aftermarket android headunits like Hypersonic, if no wires are spliced warranty should not be void, but best if you ask Hyundai regarding this.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 11:55   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
4 stars is good. I'm surprised it didn't beat the Nexon which has fewer airbags. Maybe the chart with damage zones will give us a better idea of how curtain airbags have protected the occupants in a sideways crash Vs a car without those airbags.

Once again hats off to the build quality of the Nexon
These results are from the ANCAP where as the Nexon scored 5 stars in the GNCAP. The rating criteria is very different in both cases and hence is not a apple to apple comparison.

GNCAP is targeted for emerging markets and is way more lenient than EU NCAP, ANCAP, etc.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 20th December 2019 at 11:56.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:41   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) crash test. Not sure if it’s already been shared. Venue is rated 4 stars.
Is the Venue sold in Australia and India exactly the same? If not, then these results have little significance for Indian customers.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th December 2019 at 13:59. Reason: Removed video within quote.
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 15:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
These results are from the ANCAP where as the Nexon scored 5 stars in the GNCAP. The rating criteria is very different in both cases and hence is not a apple to apple comparison.

GNCAP is targeted for emerging markets and is way more lenient than EU NCAP, ANCAP, etc.
Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info !
Old 24th December 2019, 12:53   #130

Quote:
The main problem is, there is no pattern in the way this issue is happening. So I am skeptical if it will happen when the car is with them. But still I wanted to give them one more chance. Before I give it to them, I wanted to check with you all what could be the reason for this peculiar issue? I would appreciate if you could reply to the same. Thanks in advance.
Hi Vivek,

I own a Venue diesel base model E and I'm facing the same issue. The Trip A resets to zero every morning. I live in Madurai and the Susee Hyundai workshop at Madurai hasn't give me a satisfactory answer yet. I went through the same procedure of taking photos of the instrument cluster in the night as well as the next morning.

One of the service technician even tried to convince me that this trip meter resetting itself is a 'feature' of the venue and not a problem ! This morning I've taken the car for its first service and I've raised the issue once again. Shall keep you all posted on the outcome.

Last edited by Déesse : 24th December 2019 at 13:00. Reason: Fixing quotes
Old 27th December 2019, 11:43   #131
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi, does anybody have an idea how to disable / mute the horn alert during locking / unlocking in the Venue SX+ / SX(O)? It gets really annoying every time you lock / unlock from a distance, especially during night. Kindly suggest.
Old 27th December 2019, 13:48   #132
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi, does anybody have an idea how to disable / mute the horn alert during locking / unlocking in the Venue SX+ / SX(O)? It gets really annoying every time you lock / unlock from a distance, especially during night. Kindly suggest.
2 Options-
1-Lock manually with key. Or
2- A pal of mine has had wires snipped to disable this nuisance.
Old 27th December 2019, 19:25   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Have you tried pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for a few seconds on your key fob? The indicator lights will flash then.

That should put the lock unlock sound to mute.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 19:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys i am planning to buy Venue 1.2 S petrol next month and i would like to know can my car come with factory fitted ICE and head unit just like its higher models
No it wont.

Quote:
Is it worth it and will it void the warranty or i should just buy it from the dealer and take it to Hyundai people to fit the same into my car. Some answers here will surely help me make a better decision.
My friend got the 1.0 S DCT model which didn't have the touchscreen. So he got a Blaupunkt 9" system from dealer itself and as per him the warranty stays intact. Cost him 30k but he is happy with the experience as he can mirror his android phone seamlessly over wifi. It even fits nicely and doesn't really look aftermarket-ish. He sent me a video but I couldnt upload it here. Here's a snapshot of the same on the go. You can see Google maps running on it which is mirrored from his android phone.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th December 2019 at 08:11. Reason: as requested
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 20:29   #135
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
2 Options-
1-Lock manually with key. Or
2- A pal of mine has had wires snipped to disable this nuisance.
SX+ has a smart key, not flippy key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Have you tried pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for a few seconds on your key fob? The indicator lights will flash then.

That should put the lock unlock sound to mute.

Regards
Nikhil
No, I haven’t tried method. Will try & update soon. Thanks!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks