Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 16:44   #2881
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Do not touch the wiring as then electrical warranty will be in question. Just change into a higher wattage bulb for now. Does the job.
Any idea what is the headlight bulb wattage for low and high beam for gt line models ? I am contemplating adding projector bi-led fog lamps which go upto 84 W or 150 W. Would 150 W be too much to handle for car battery?
Old 1st March 2024, 19:50   #2882
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I have booked a 2020 Seltos HTK Plus Diesel AT for self drive.

Does this car have hill hold? Asking since I will be taking it to Himachal.

Also, does the car provide engine braking when going downhill?
Old 4th March 2024, 16:43   #2883

Hi All,

I’m back in India for a while and have been driving my dad’s 2019 Kia Seltos GTX+ D Auto. Just noticed that the left door tweeter and centre speaker are not working. Any idea what could be the problem?

Also the car was attacked by a rat recently and some engine management cables were eaten which is now fixed. Could there be any cables that the rat may have eaten?
Old 10th March 2024, 00:57   #2884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
Does this car have hill hold? Asking since I will be taking it to Himachal.

Also, does the car provide engine braking when going downhill?
The answer to both your questions is yes.

I daily drive a GTX+ D AT to work. Same powertrain as the one you are looking at. Gate to my factory has a massive slope leading up to it. Almost close to 30 degrees i assume. And i need to hold the car at the top of it to wait for the gate to open.

Whenever i come to a full stop on the slope and then just fully let go of the brakes, the car does hold itself still. No roll back at all. A gentle touch of the throttle and it starts to crawl up the slope as well. Great torque all the way from idle. But in the scenario where i gently let go of the break as if i were inching forward in traffic, it begins to crawl forward from the getgo. No holding in place.

I doubt u will have to worry much about rollbacks in general as the torque converter AT is superb at slipping and allowing torque build up even on steep hills. Plus the engine is plenty torque-y. And worst case scenario, there still is Hill Hold Assist.

As for engine braking, it depends on speed and sometimes on the angle of decline too. For speeds under 50 kmph and moderate to high downhill decline angle such as in hilly areas there will be good engine braking. I have steep downhill exit from a flyover i take everyday on my work everyday. Soo steep in fact that from 0, you can accelerate all the way past 60 if your car is in neutral (have tried). But approached slowly, the car descends while holding around 30-32 kmph in 3rd gear at around 1800 rpm. You can literally feel gravity wanting to accelerate you more but the engine engine breaking holding you back.
DCTfanatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 20:37   #2885

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
So I have been driving My GTX+ DCT twice a week around 10 kilometres each time. I notice a squeaky hinge type of sound from the rear left suspension when I go over a speak breaker. Does anyone know if it is because of not being driven that often or it’s something else like the ball joints / bush / suspension issue that wouldn’t go away. I’ve just clocked 5k in total and treat the car really well.

I don’t want to go to a service centre for such a small issue because the COVID situation is so bad.
A bit late to the party but I have the same thing happening to my 2019 GTX+ D AT. Though in all fairness the car has covered 40k km in 4 years before this started happening. But it was something that started overnight and has been present over the last 500-700km. Sound intensity varies based on load and rear seat occupants.

Another thing i noticed is that the tyre pressure affects the loudness of the squeak. It is more pronounced at 31-32 psi compared to a very muted sound at 35-36 psi.

Annual service is coming up where i will have this diagnosed. Coincidently i was thinking of having a damper upgrade done to the new facelift spec that has softer dampers. The rise of the launch spec dampers is bone-jarring in the city on broken roads. Was hesitant but now that there is a chance that the left rear damper might be damaged, will get all 4 changed to the new spec.

Relatively inexpensive upgrade at 2500 rs per damper approx.
Old 11th March 2024, 15:58   #2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with my 2-year-old Kia Seltos IMT (16000 Kms). Over the past 5 months, I've noticed occasional jerking in the 1st gear after driving for 30-40 minutes. Initially sporadic, it's now becoming more frequent. Last time I visited Kia service centre they didn't;t find any issue and I was not able to demonstrate it since it didn't happen during the ten run. I'm heading back today again for further inspection. If anyone has encountered a similar issue and can offer advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hey,

I have a similar issue with my Kia Seltos iMT 1.5 Petrol. Mines is 35k+ driven (all my me). I went to service centre and explained them the issue. I was not able to demonstrate that issue either since it didn't happened during the test runs. Based on my explanation of issue SC are recommending the clutch plates change alongside pressure plates and Flywheel (based on inspection after opening the clutch). They are quoting 25k for it.

Currently issue wise, i don't feel any issues in terms of acceleration. Car easily goes to triple digit within no time. Only issue happens while doing my daily commute from Delhi - Gurugram during the peak hours with bumper to bumper traffic. While moving my car from rest to speed in 1st gear, it gets jerks and sometimes when you want sudden acceleration on traffic signals, it becomes quite frustrating. Plus i am regular to hills so i am thinking of getting my clutch plates changed.

Regards

Jatin.
Old 12th March 2024, 10:49   #2887

Not sure if anyone has had this issue. Last evening all of a sudden when I had driven about 800 metres or so I heard a strange sound from the front right wheel. Then the car moved for a couple of hundred metres without any issue and I thought that I might have been mistaken.

However, it kept returning with increasing frequency and I also felt a light shudder while breaking. The yellow indicator above the head light indicator(traction?) kept blinking on and off. Felt that there was a drop in power too, so drove slowly, fortunately for my luck, the road after Bommanahalli junction to Madiwala was surprisingly empty and I could park the car at a safe place.

Called roadside assistance and had it towed as I did not want to risk driving in peak hour traffic.

Any inputs on what it could be. The service centre is yet to identify the issue. They need to drive to understand and guess they still haven't done so.
Old 12th March 2024, 12:44   #2888
BHPian

Hi - just wanted to check how accurate has been range prediction for Seltos GTX+ Petrol. I have found it to be unreliable and not sync with the live and long terms average, and even the fuel gauge. I think I will do a tankfull to tankfull method to cross check. Writing here to know if the deviation is 10-15% or more. Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 14:22   #2889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - just wanted to check how accurate has been range prediction for Seltos GTX+ Petrol. I have found it to be unreliable and not sync with the live and long terms average, and even the fuel gauge. I think I will do a tankfull to tankfull method to cross check. Writing here to know if the deviation is 10-15% or more. Thanks
Yes the DTE/range is very non-linear as fuel level falls. It doesn't change much for the first half tank of fuel and then falls rapidly for the last half. But the range shown on full tank is fairly accurate.

The FE shown on the MID is also optimistic by 10%.

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th March 2024 at 14:23.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 13:05   #2890

Anyone here got sletos dct gear box replaced under 5 years extended warrenty? what were the issues? I see a small jerks/judders, sudden jump in low gears in b2b traffic on my 2020 model dct. Should i be worried and reach SC?
Old 21st April 2024, 03:21   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_dct View Post
I see a small jerks/judders, sudden jump in low gears in b2b traffic on my 2020 model dct. Should i be worried and reach SC?
You can get the DCT fluid changed and also the filter at the SC, it might resolve the issue you're facing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks