Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2024, 20:31   #2866
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Have an update to share on the above rusting issue.

Half of the silencer (new part) was replaced and clamped (new part) with the original unit.
It seems this is quite common in pre-facelift Seltos, and may cause damage to other parts as well, but fortunately was replaced under warranty.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 08:21   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Have an update to share on the above rusting issue.

Half of the silencer (new part) was replaced and clamped (new part) with the original unit.
It seems this is quite common in pre-facelift Seltos, and may cause damage to other parts as well, but fortunately was replaced under warranty.
Thanks for sharing! I remember reading one more case of rusted muffler in another BHPian's 2020 Kia Seltos. I can't find the thread now, but the muffler was cleaned and coated with some anti rust spray. And the service centre even charged him for that.

Good to know that yours was replaced under warranty, and rightfully so. But the occurrence of rust in a 1.5 year old part is indeed concerning. I make it a point to inspect the underbody myself at every given chance (for eg. service, alignment or even washing bay) to check for any irregularities. My car is similar vintage, August 2022, and there are no signs of rust on the exhaust. For rest of the underbody, I'm not sure as it's covered under a layer of some rubbery coating, which I got done at the time of delivery.

EDIT:

This is the other case I was referring to.

Last edited by self_driven : 28th January 2024 at 08:29.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 13:46   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Is it possible to share a copy of the bill and job done here. It will be useful for people to quote and share to SA when a similar issue arises. As shared by @self_drive above, he was charged for the job where in it has to be a warranty replacement.
Old 29th January 2024, 14:34   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Is it possible to share a copy of the bill and job done here. It will be useful for people to quote and share to SA when a similar issue arises. As shared by @self_drive above, he was charged for the job where in it has to be a warranty replacement.
Absolutely. Here are the attached pictures of the rusted part, and the part of invoice itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20240129_142601_gallery.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20240129_142334_acrobat-samsung.jpg  

Old 6th February 2024, 21:03   #2870

4 years 40kms for my dct petol. Upsized tyres with michelin primacy 4st 235/55/r17(1500rs), and changed battery with Exide mileage 44a(5200rs after oldexchnage). Will udpate on tyre behavior shortly

Kia Seltos : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240206-8.15.50-pm.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240206-5.41.20-pm.jpeg
nithin_dct is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 09:42   #2871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_dct View Post
4 years 40kms for my dct petol. Upsized tyres with michelin primacy 4st 235/55/r17(1500rs)

Attachment 2570072
Michelin at 1500 Rs! Is it a typo? Else tell us how you got a deal
Old 10th February 2024, 17:26   #2872
BHPian

Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with my 2-year-old Kia Seltos IMT (16000 Kms). Over the past 5 months, I've noticed occasional jerking in the 1st gear after driving for 30-40 minutes. Initially sporadic, it's now becoming more frequent. Last time I visited Kia service centre they didn't;t find any issue and I was not able to demonstrate it since it didn't happen during the ten run. I'm heading back today again for further inspection. If anyone has encountered a similar issue and can offer advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 11th February 2024, 08:57   #2873

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Which component warranty are you thinking will be void if you damp the doors? Ideally IMHO, damping the doors should not void the warranty. I have it done in my Seltos to the doors, front fenders and bonnet. My vehicle is 1 year old and I have the 5 year warranty on the car.
Team - I would like to upgrade my speakers for IVT which bought oct 2023, I've 5 years extended warranty hence want to upgrade without impacting the warranty, if we need to replace just speakers to improve sound quality what speakers will you suggest and damping product. I'm based out of Chennai, hence any reference to shops will be helpful
Old 11th February 2024, 13:15   #2874

Hi All,
I have the Seltos 2022 7DCT petrol. Around August 2023 I started hearing some kind of whitling sound coming from the engine everytime I accelerated a little. Took it to the workshop in October and they replaced some part in the turbo all under warranty. I started hearing the same whistling sound again but this time its not as significant as earlier. I have informed the SA and he has aske me to send the vehicle for inspection.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their cars and if so what was the solution?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20231004wa0015.jpg  

Old 13th February 2024, 15:24   #2875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Michelin at 1500 Rs! Is it a typo? Else tell us how you got a deal
oh no. it was typo it costed me 15k.
nithin_dct is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 15:40   #2876

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Why do you want a paddle shifter? I own a D 6AT which has a paddle shifter and haven't seen them to be so necessary.
Definitely helps if u want more control in highway.
Old 19th February 2024, 11:34   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_dust View Post
Managed to lock the car with keys inside!!

Any alternative suggestions on what could have been done, as some of us may have gone through something similar in the past.
its a very rare yet plausible situation you found yourself into. but forgetting house key happens more often than anyone can think of. in my case since my wife and I both drives, sometimes when we go out and assume that other has taken they keys before locking the front door. we end up having no key with us at all.

I have prepared for such scenarios by keeping spare keys with 2 of my trusted friend and a 3rd key in my two wheeler's front storage pocket, well taped and hidden so no one can see it. so far we have used the hidden key 3 times in past 2 years.
Strider24 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th February 2024, 16:22   #2878

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_dust View Post
True, Seltos HTK + variant does not come with Kia connect app, which would definitely be helpful for higher end variant owners in such cases. Same episode in a remote/drive location would have been a nightmare with possibility of resorting to window breakage and then reach nearest SC for repairs.
Kia connect app does come in handy...but it's not full proof.
  • Many a times, I try to start the engine or unlock the door just for fun. It works 70% times but not always.
  • What if the mobile is not around or its in the same bag.
Its better to be careful.
prem.baranwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 12:12   #2879
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I'm in the market for a used car and came across the Seltos GTX+ DCT (Pre-Facelift) model with 40–50k millage for around 14.5-15 lakh (Bengaluru). Can pre-facelift Seltos owners comment on the price, and is it worth going for the price instead of a new facelift GTX+, which costs 25 lakh OTR in Bengaluru?

1. What are all the things I should be worried about if I'm opting for pre-facelifts 4-5-year-old seltos?

2. Is the heating issue still present with the DCT transmission?

3. How different is the older engine from a newer 158-hp engine in terms of performance?

4. What is the millage expected?

5. Should I opt for used Diesel automatic (albeit at bit higher price) (My use case 7-8 thousand kms per year with mostly highway runs)

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by sunilarkt : 21st February 2024 at 12:17. Reason: spelling and format
Old 23rd February 2024, 13:35   #2880

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with my 2-year-old Kia Seltos IMT (16000 Kms). Over the past 5 months, I've noticed occasional jerking in the 1st gear after driving for 30-40 minutes. Initially sporadic, it's now becoming more frequent. Last time I visited Kia service centre they didn't;t find any issue and I was not able to demonstrate it since it didn't happen during the ten run. I'm heading back today again for further inspection. If anyone has encountered a similar issue and can offer advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I would suggest you run your car with a full tank of premium petrol (HP Power/BP Speed/similar). If the jerking issue disappears, it is mostly a knocking issue (clogged injectors or fuel filter). Hope this helps !

It can also be due to a clogged air filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks