Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2023, 15:18   #2821
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_dct View Post
Own a seltos DCT 2020 model. Is there option we can fit in the stock paddle shitters from kia SC?
Why do you want a paddle shifter? I own a D 6AT which has a paddle shifter and haven't seen them to be so necessary.
Old 20th October 2023, 20:41   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
One of my recent trips yielded the best ever recorded fuel average in our car(1.5D). I was 'forced' to maintain a sedate pace as I was following my relative's car all through the journey . The end result-

Attachment 2222908
And I have bettered this!

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20231019_105901.jpg

I managed to achieve this during my last drive on the Bangalore-Mysore Expressway. To be honest, this left me astonished. The fuel economy figure on the MID even breached the 27 kmpl mark for a brief period.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20231019_102140.jpg

P.S.- Excuse the poor image quality. This was clicked by the co-passenger.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 01:26   #2823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And I have bettered this!

Attachment 2519447

I managed to achieve this during my last drive on the Bangalore-Mysore Expressway. To be honest, this left me astonished. The fuel economy figure on the MID even breached the 27 kmpl mark for a brief period.

Attachment 2519448

P.S.- Excuse the poor image quality. This was clicked by the co-passenger.
How accurate is the MID compared to Tankful calculations?
Old 21st October 2023, 17:30   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
How accurate is the MID compared to Tankful calculations?
I have noticed that MID readings are usually about 6-8 percent more optimistic compared to the tankful calculation. However, there have been a couple of instances where MID readings were 10 percent higher whenever I opted for auto cut-off while filling up.

May I know your thoughts on this? What has been your experience on this?
Old 21st October 2023, 19:31   #2825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed that MID readings are usually about 6-8 percent more optimistic compared to the tankful calculation. However, there have been a couple of instances where MID readings were 10 percent higher whenever I opted for auto cut-off while filling up.

May I know your thoughts on this? What has been your experience on this?
My numbers are similar, 7-10% off the MID numbers. Always calculated at tankful or occasionally filled to the brim.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 16:21   #2826

Re: Finally, a new car | Kia Seltos GTX Plus Diesel AT Review | EDIT: 2 years/ 20,000 km update

Hi Everyone,

New Member here, so please excuse if I have posted in the wrong thread.

I bought a Kia Seltos Diesel Automatic GTX Plus from Kia Autobahn in Mumbai in June earlier this year.

Last week the check engine light in my car was on so I sent it to the Kia Autobahn workshop to check.

They claimed that diesel adulterated with Kerosene was filled in my car leading to this problem. They changed the fuel filter, emptied by fuel tank and sent the car back (after charging me 5.5k saying fuel adulteration is not covered under warranty).

I refueled the car again on Monday, car was fine. On Tuesday (Dussehra day) the light again came on again. Since it was a holiday I thought I will call the workshop today (Wednesday).

Called them today and sent my car with driver to their Sewri workshop. They checked it and are now saying the DPF filter is gone and I have to pay 1.5 lakhs to replace it!!!!!

I find this extremely fishy, firstly how can every petrol pump sell adulterated fuel, secondly within 3 days of emptying the fuel tank and replacing fuel filter how can the car suddenly have this issue?

Spoke to the seniormost person in the workshop, who is now saying keep the car with us for 10 days, we will try on a best effort basis to get this replaced within warranty.

So my options are:
1. Pay 1.5 lakhs and get my car repaired (still dont understand how every pump can sell adulterated fuel)
2. Stay without a car for 10-15 days and keep fingers crossed hoping that Kia will replace this.

Grateful if any experienced members can guide if I have any other options.

Also let me know if escalating to Kia will help.

These guys are also refusing to provide any replacement car saying they dont have one available currently.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th October 2023, 12:10   #2827
BHPian

This morning, I encountered engine management system malfunction error. I parked the car and reached out to the SA from Hyderabad, who recommended taking the car to the nearest showroom for a diagnostic scan and advice on necessary actions.

After a 30-minutes, I resumed my drive, and surprisingly, the malfunction error didn't reappear during my 10km drive to the showroom. I visited the recently opened KiA showroom in Nizamabad, but it's currently only open for sales, with service operations scheduled to begin in 15 days. Unfortunately, there were no trained professionals on-site. I have driven 25km so far post the error message and so far the error hasn't come back again!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Mine is a facelift GTX+ Diesel which has done only 2,400km so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20231026wa00043.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20231026wa00052.jpg  

Old 26th October 2023, 15:23   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
This morning, I encountered engine management system malfunction error. I parked the car and reached out to the SA from Hyderabad, who recommended taking the car to the nearest showroom for a diagnostic scan and advice on necessary actions.
Better to take it to the ASC and get it checked rather be sorry later. Could be a false alert too but get it scanned.
Old 28th October 2023, 19:21   #2829
BHPian

Has anyone tried replacing the window buttons with the illuminated ones from the 2023 model?
Old 2nd November 2023, 15:15   #2830
BHPian

Re: Finally, a new car | Kia Seltos GTX Plus Diesel AT Review | EDIT: 2 years/ 20,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker23 View Post
Hi Everyone,

New Member here, so please excuse if I have posted in the wrong thread.

I bought a Kia Seltos Diesel Automatic GTX Plus from Kia Autobahn in Mumbai in June earlier this year.

Last week the check engine light in my car was on so I sent it to the Kia Autobahn workshop to check.

They claimed that diesel adulterated with Kerosene was filled in my car leading to this problem. They changed the fuel filter, emptied by fuel tank and sent the car back (after charging me 5.5k saying fuel adulteration is not covered under warranty).

I refueled the car again on Monday, car was fine. On Tuesday (Dussehra day) the light again came on again. Since it was a holiday I thought I will call the workshop today (Wednesday).

Called them today and sent my car with driver to their Sewri workshop. They checked it and are now saying the DPF filter is gone and I have to pay 1.5 lakhs to replace it!!!!!

Thanks in advance.
This is absolutely fishy! I would escalate to Kia directly via call centre, use "X" to also make noise on this issue.
Old 3rd November 2023, 23:44   #2831
BHPian

Hi All,

An update on my Seltos D Manual. My Seltos has completed 1 year as of October 2023.

The last 11 months were good with no major issues, having completed 23500 kms till date & the service also nothing to complain.

However, in the month of October I started facing some issues. The car would vibrate suddenly during city drives. At first, I let it off, thinking they may be random events. However, towards the end of October, the vibrations were more noticeable & happened more frequently. I finally took the car to the service center on the 2nd of this month. They connected the car to the scanner & a DPF error popped up on the scanner. The supervisor requested to leave the car with them for a day. On picking the car up today, I was informed that the DPF filter was burned & would need to be replaced. I was shocked at this, as there were no warning signals nor had the CEL popped up anytime till date. I further questioned the supervisor, since the car was only a year old & my driving was a mix of City & highway. I was told that this is a common issue with many BS6 Diesel cars & cars with low mileage were also facing this problem.

Anyways I was told by the supervisor that the DPF would be replaced under warranty and that I could continue driving the car till they sourced the component, which would take about a month. My question to the fraternity

1. How is it that a CEL did'nt pop up during this period?
2. How long can one drive with a faulty DPF
3. Your take on the DPF failure, keeping in mind that 60% of my driving is City & 40% highway.
Old 6th November 2023, 13:22   #2832
BHPian

Did anyone face Reverse camera not popping up on the ICE when reverse is engaged? Mine is GTX+ 6AT Diesel with the Bose head unit. I have noticed this happening twice in the last one month. There was a recent update, but I believe its restricted to the Maps alone.
Old 7th November 2023, 23:01   #2833
BHPian

Could someone with a 2019 Petrol Seltos kindly confirm whether their RC/ HSRP sticker says BS IV or BS VI?

We have a 2019 Petrol HTX Seltos that was sold to us on the pretext of it being a BS-VI. Heck, even the boot even has a BS-VI Sticker. But the RC and the sticker for HSRP say BS-IV.

Can anyone help me understand if I'm missing something?
Old 9th November 2023, 14:00   #2834
BHPian

IIRC the Kia Seltos was launched with BS-VI, infact even before BS6 become the norm in April 2020.
Maybe the RTO was not ready with BS6 certifications when your car went for registration.
neofromcapone is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 12:30   #2835
BHPian

Insurance questions, can someone please help?

I have 2nd renewal coming up and decided to go with Kia dealer.

How's IDV value calculated? They are taking ex showroom price of facelift (which is higher) and taking 30% depreciation even though insurance is renewed before end of 2nd year (should it be 20%?). Is that correct?

Also, Bajaj is offering additional Rim coverage when taking Tyre coverage but Reliance is just offering Tyre.
Bajaj is 2k more. Any suggestions here which one to go?

Been with Bajaj for 2 year and claimed Tyre insurance once (though they covered 50%) along with other damages.

Thank you!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks