Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:04   #2686
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I have been facing frequent disconnects on Android Auto (both wireless via a 3rd party app / machine and wired).

Anyone else also noticing the same?
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:38   #2687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I have been facing frequent disconnects on Android Auto (both wireless via a 3rd party app / machine and wired).

Anyone else also noticing the same?
I do, but once in 3-5 hours of continuous driving. Removing the wire from the phone and connecting it back fixes the issue. See if you have updates pending on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Finished my 30k km service but surprised to hear my SA tell me that the clutch might need changing. It is a bit hard but gear shifts are still easy. Single driven only by me, 70% peak city driving.

Anyone else faced this?

I pushed it to the next 10k service.
Did you change the clutch? If yes, what was the expense like and did they change the flywheel as well?

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd April 2023 at 18:41.
Old 4th April 2023, 20:13   #2688
BHPian

Question to Seltos owners (especially 2023 model): is the volume out of your rear speakers very low compared to the front speakers?
Old 5th April 2023, 10:24   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I do, but once in 3-5 hours of continuous driving. Removing the wire from the phone and connecting it back fixes the issue. See if you have updates pending on your phone.

Did you change the clutch? If yes, what was the expense like and did they change the flywheel as well?
Hey Ashis, thank you for your reply.

The disconnects are far more frequent and even in my wireless mode. Happened once and did a factory reset and it helped.

Will try it.

No didn't change the clutch, given my usage these days is very minimal, made no sense (I drive 10kms a day, 3 days a week). However it's not gotten worse, remained the same.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 17:40   #2690
BHPian

Doesn't the HUD display the MAP content from Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. if so, the HUD is going to be useless after the 3-year subscription is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Question to Seltos owners (especially 2023 model): is the volume out of your rear speakers very low compared to the front speakers?
Yes its always like that. We have a thread here on the upgrade

Last edited by saisree : 5th April 2023 at 17:43.
Old 5th April 2023, 19:06   #2691
BHPian

My question is to the owners and the people who have taken test drive of diesal IMT. Does the diesal IMT has the turbo punch of that of the diesal Manual? & How is the fuel efficiency in city traffic. And does the car has roll back issue?
Old 6th April 2023, 09:04   #2692
BHPian

Has anyone change their gearbox fluid for Diesel Auto. Mine has run close to 80k kilometres and as a preventive maintenance I was thinking about replacing the fluid even though there are no issues with the shifts.

Any information in this regard like ease of doing it, cost etc would be much appreciated.
Old 6th April 2023, 17:20   #2693

Yeah it was like that for me also, but if you change the settings as below, it will improve.

1. Go to settings
2 Go to advanced
3. Select Lounge instead of Natural
4. Problem solved ��

Now actually you will feel that overall sound in the car has double loudness and bass is much more punchy, even rear speakers feel like real speakers now.

but this works only when you are connected to Android auto audio.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th April 2023 at 17:27. Reason: spacing for improved readability
NOMORE7KRPM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 00:18   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Has anyone change their gearbox fluid for Diesel Auto. Mine has run close to 80k kilometres and as a preventive maintenance I was thinking about replacing the fluid even though there are no issues with the shifts.

Any information in this regard like ease of doing it, cost etc would be much appreciated.
Cross posting from my reply in the ATF thread Not sure about availability in Delhi/NCR
Down south in Bangalore, KIA is selling SP-4 ATF from GS Caltex brand, costs 1k per litre, comes in 2.5L cans, selling at 2.5k INR
Costs half of the OE KIA/HYUNDAI SP-4 ATF which sells at 2k per litre
ATF Can label says, it's KIA recommended, made in South Korea, imported in bulk & repacked in India
Anyone heard of this brand
Caltex was an old lubricants brand from the license Raj days in India
Label says this is a JV between CS Energy group South Korea & Chevron USA

This info is from VST KIA, Bangalore
Since it's a lifetime oil as per manual, Most KIA dealers don't stock transmission fluid as it's not a fast moving item
Images of the GS Caltex & Hyundai/KIA OE ATF can attached

Moderaters: kindly merge if needed
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230325115207.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230325115212.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_2023032512165153_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

GSMINC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 13:45   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMORE7KRPM View Post
Yeah it was like that for me also, but if you change the settings as below, it will improve.

1. Go to settings
2 Go to advanced
4. Problem solved ��

Now actually you will feel that overall sound in the car has double loudness and bass is much more punchy, even rear speakers feel like real speakers now.

but this works only when you are connected to Android auto audio.
Why only when in Android auto mode though? This is outside the Android auto ecosystem rigjt
Old 9th April 2023, 00:44   #2696
BHPian

The sound settings is of the car ICE, Android Auto makes no difference to these settings.
Old 10th April 2023, 12:20   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Did you mean Sports mode ?

Finally got delivery of my Seltos Diesel AT. Too early to comment for overall ownership experience , but loving the drive so far !
Reporting back after a month of usage & little bit of down time due to viral infections running amock in society.

Absolutely love the engine & gear box combo . So far mileage isnt great to speak about, but its done less than 1k, probably needs to settle in.

Apart from this, only minor issue I've had is the way the accelerator responds to input, at odd instances I feel like I have to push the pedal harder as the responsiveness goes down a bit, especially at low speeds. On highway no such complaint its smooth as butter.
Old 12th April 2023, 12:55   #2698
BHPian

I've been facing a peculiar issue on my Seltos GTX+ DCT since over a month now.
Sometime last month during my drive to Nagpur, the TPMS suddenly showed low pressure on both front tyres but the psi on all 4 tyres was 33!
I stopped and checked both tyres, no signs of any puncture so continued with the journey while keeping an eye on the PSI.
Reached Seoni with zero drop in air pressure. Still got both tyres checked for punctures and as expected, there was no puncture in either tyre and no leaking valves either.
The TPMS continued to show low pressure on both front tyres throughout my journey till Mumbai.
A few days later when I took out the car again and the TPMS only showed low pressure error for the front left tyre.
I then drove the car all the way to Ahmedabad and have been here since over a week and the car continues to show me the error but there has been zero loss of air pressure.

My question is that is there a way of resetting TPMS?
I looked up the manual but couldn't find anything related.
Or would I need to take the car to the nearest KIA service center?
Old 13th April 2023, 12:52   #2699
BHPian

Quote:

1. Go to settings
2 Go to advanced
I don't see these options on my Seltos. Could you post a photo of that screen?
Old 13th April 2023, 16:14   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I've been facing a peculiar issue on my Seltos GTX+ DCT since over a month now.
Sometime last month during my drive to Nagpur, the TPMS suddenly showed low pressure on both front tyres but the psi on all 4 tyres was 33!

Or would I need to take the car to the nearest KIA service center?
Have an issue similar to this on my Seltos GTX+ 6AT but the other way. Though my air pressure is set at 33 it shows me 37 PSI and the front left alone shows 38 PSI. Checked the pressure in multiple Tyre Shops but there is no change.

I'm also thinking of taking it to the dealer and check if the sensors need to be calibrated or changed.

Quote:

1. Go to settings
2 Go to advanced
4. Problem solved ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by malim View Post
I don't see these options on my Seltos. Could you post a photo of that screen?
IMO, The above setting is not for the 10" ICE that comes with the GTX models

Last edited by saisree : 13th April 2023 at 16:17.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks