Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 16:59   #2566
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
During the last Pune-Goa trip I had to stop specifically after Aajra to calm myself down and the same thing happened after crossing Karad on return. The feeling is such that I can no longer tolerate driving at all.
I had to lie down for the rest of the day after getting back from Dapoli recently which was just a 4 hrs 30 min drive as i could feel the buzzing if I sat or got up.
I am unable to find out if this is due to stiff suspension of Seltos or it is due to ageing as i am in my mid 30s.
Currently the entire stretch from Sawantwadi via Amboli, Ajara till Nipani is a disaster. So possibly that played a part in this.

That said - its definitely not the car. I'm past "mid"30s already & drive a car with equally stiff suspension and even shorter wheelbase. The Nexon is an absolute bouncy castle in the aforementioned stretch, if driven slow to take care over the potholes. And I don't feel anything like this yet. Its not the age.

I suggest you actually visit a doctor quickly & get some cardiac and orthopedic tests done. The symptoms that you are mentioning, can be something as simple as mild slip-disk/spondylosis or spasm in the vertebral column / neck-cervcial region etc. Zero medical knowledge of course - but definitely feel you should see a doctor.

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th November 2022 at 17:04.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 19:18   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Currently the entire stretch from Sawantwadi via Amboli, Ajara till Nipani is a disaster. So possibly that played a part in this.

That said - its definitely not the car. I'm past "mid"30s already & drive a car with equally stiff suspension and even shorter wheelbase. The Nexon is an absolute bouncy castle in the aforementioned stretch, if driven slow to take care over the potholes. And I don't feel anything like this yet. Its not the age.

I suggest you actually visit a doctor quickly & get some cardiac and orthopedic tests done. The symptoms that you are mentioning, can be something as simple as mild slip-disk/spondylosis or spasm in the vertebral column / neck-cervcial region etc. Zero medical knowledge of course - but definitely feel you should see a doctor.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I shall get in touch with a doc to ask about this as I am having this issue all of a sudden as I must have clocked over 5 to 6 lac kms of travel by car. I dont get any type of aches but just weird unbearable uneasiness (not nausea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Having the Seltos Diesel AT for the past year and have covered close to 14k kms so far. Have never felt the feeling you are describing. Of course there was the initial discomfort due to change in driving position and I was seated a bit too high for my liking which led to mild cramping in the leg or strain on lower back on long drives. Once I adjusted the seat to my preferred driving position, I am not having any discomfort as well and I can do non-stop 600kms with just bio breaks in between. Did a recent BLR-HYD trip and we were able to cover the ~600kms in about 5hours 20 mins and door to door was around 6 hours. Comfort wise, getting your seating position matters more than changing the car itself.

We also have another member who has a Seltos (ashis89) who drives from BLR to Orissa and back. Maybe his inputs might be helpful too!

Thank you. I will try and connect with him and I will also try to get the seating right.

I am thinking of getting cushioning and padding done on the driver seat and check if it changes my experience. Plus I will try and bring down the tyre psi to 32 ish as well. Right now I am maintaining 35. Maybe the little things matter. I have a MRF tyre showroom next to my shop and the people over there suggested against changing tyres as well. They said it makes no difference as far as making a car ride more comfortable so that's out.

Last edited by psbali : 17th November 2022 at 19:24. Reason: Quote.
Old 17th November 2022, 19:25   #2568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
During the long trips I have noticed that I get really tired and have this buzzing going on in my body as if my BP & heart rate is high and I cannot bear the driving anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
+100 to what Reinhard said.

Please get yourself checked to rule out any health issues. If all is well, you can try long drives in a different car(s) and see if you experience any fatigue.

Me and my wife, do 8-12 hrs. long trips very frequently. The longest has been a 1200+ km with a drive time of 17 hrs. (due to some compulsion we had to stretch) and even that wasn't bad. I am the sole driver each time.
My brother's family, my parents and my in-laws have also done 1 day trips with us, ranging from 300 - 800 kms but no one had any complaints.

Seltos has a stiff suspension. No second thoughts. It softens with time/use (mine improved post 10k kms). Tyre pressure of 32-33 psi and softer tyres (the OE Kumho Solus do well here) do improve things considerably. And last, the suspension feels more settled when it is loaded with 3-4 adults.

All that said, some cars and their ergonomics suit us well while some others just don't (I have several examples). If Seltos doesn't suit you, please replace it with something that is comfortable for you. My brother has a Honda City and I would prefer the Seltos any day over the City because of the low seating. On the other hand, the ladies in the house prefer the better reclined rear seat of the City.

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th November 2022 at 19:35.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 19:54   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
+100 to what Reinhard said.

Please get yourself checked to rule out any health issues. If all is well, you can try long drives in a different car(s) and see if you experience any fatigue.

Me and my wife, do 8-12 hrs. long trips very frequently. The longest has been a 1200+ km with a drive time of 17 hrs. (due to some compulsion we had to stretch) and even that wasn't bad. I am the sole driver each time.
My brother's family, my parents and my in-laws have also done 1 day trips with us, ranging from 300 - 800 kms but no one had any complaints.

Seltos has a stiff suspension. No second thoughts. It softens with time/use (mine improved post 10k kms). Tyre pressure of 32-33 psi and softer tyres (the OE Kumho Solus do well here) do improve things considerably. And last, the suspension feels more settled when it is loaded with 3-4 adults.

All that said, some cars and their ergonomics suit us well while some others just don't (I have several examples). If Seltos doesn't suit you, please replace it with something that is comfortable for you. My brother has a Honda City and I would prefer the Seltos any day over the City because of the low seating. On the other hand, the ladies in the house prefer the better reclined rear seat of the City.

Thank you very much for your inputs. This is exactly what I wanted to find out. I only have a baleno apart from seltos to try but I will first try the seating thing and try lowering the psi. Will try finding out if harrier/hector are available on zoomcar etc to compare.

I really like Seltos and to be frank it is very difficult to buy something else. I checked out hyryder/GV and I was disappointed with the interiors. Really makes Seltos feel extra special and I have HTK+ which is adequately loaded with features.

Last edited by psbali : 17th November 2022 at 20:10.
psbali is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 21:21   #2570
BHPian

I have recently taken delivery of a Seltos HTK+ iMT. If put on Auto, the headlamp is on even when there is sun outside. I understand the sensor is on the dashboard and it is not covered. Any ideas what might be causing this?
Old 17th November 2022, 22:39   #2571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
I have recently taken delivery of a Seltos HTK+ iMT. If put on Auto, the headlamp is on even when there is sun outside. I understand the sensor is on the dashboard and it is not covered. Any ideas what might be causing this?
If the light sensor is not in shade then the sensor is malfunctioning. Please get it checked at the service centre. The light sensor of the Seltos is not very sensitive. It doesn't turn on the headlight unless it is fairly dark.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 23:58   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Seltos Petrol 1.5L HTK+ Feb 2020 Model. I really like the car and owning it so far has been hassle free. I get decent fuel efficiency as well so no complaints so far.

Post unlock I have done some self driven long trips such as Pune to Goa, Pune-Sangli, Pune Dapoli and apart from that the odd pune-mumbai day trips. During the long trips I have noticed that I get really tired and have this buzzing going on in my body as if my BP & heart rate is high and I cannot bear the driving anymore. During the last Pune-Goa trip I had to stop specifically after Aajra to calm myself down and the same thing happened after crossing Karad on return. The feeling is such that I can no longer tolerate driving at all.

Am 42, done 3 Bom / Maa return trips in 21, usually done with a night halt in Blr, so Bom - Maa means a straight 10-12 hr drive, halt for the night and then 4-6 hrs based on traffic.

Never once felt anything even remotely similar to what you describe. Yes, in my mid 30's a 12 HR drive barely impacted me and i could get out, have a 30 min nap and was fresh as a daisy but these days I need 2 night's worth good sleep to recover.

Please do a comprehensive body check up and speak with your doctor.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 00:01   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I shall get in touch with a doc to ask about this as I am having this issue all of a sudden as I must have clocked over 5 to 6 lac kms of travel by car. I dont get any type of aches but just weird unbearable uneasiness (not nausea).

Thank you. I will try and connect with him and I will also try to get the seating right.

I am thinking of getting cushioning and padding done on the driver seat and check if it changes my experience. Plus I will try and bring down the tyre psi to 32 ish as well. Right now I am maintaining 35. Maybe the little things matter. I have a MRF tyre showroom next to my shop and the people over there suggested against changing tyres as well. They said it makes no difference as far as making a car ride more comfortable so that's out.
Mods apologies but please merge my posts, missed this one.

Not an expert but never ever drive on highway drives with an under / over pressure situation in the tyres. Recommended is 36, stick to it. City yes 32 works
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 21:04   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Congratulations for the new ride. What was the waiting period your model? Have been asking this question on multiple threads.
Regards
Nikhil
The waiting period was about 4-6 weeks also due to some delays from my side. I understand that the waiting period for Seltos has drastically reduced and dealers are getting vehicles regularly. However, with Hyundai I am told that it has become worse. Don't know the reason for this.

However waiting period for the Sonet diesel top end continues to be 3+ months.

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th November 2022 at 08:31. Reason: Typos
contentedbloke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 22:06   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Am 42, done 3 Bom / Maa return trips in 21, usually done with a night halt in Blr, so Bom - Maa means a straight 10-12 hr drive, halt for the night and then 4-6 hrs based on traffic.

Never once felt anything even remotely similar to what you describe. Yes, in my mid 30's a 12 HR drive barely impacted me and i could get out, have a 30 min nap and was fresh as a daisy but these days I need 2 night's worth good sleep to recover.

Please do a comprehensive body check up and speak with your doctor.
Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience. In my case even frequent breaks dont work and even then I am happy to note that it may not be a car related issue otherwise there would be a lot more fatigue related post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Mods apologies but please merge my posts, missed this one.

Not an expert but never ever drive on highway drives with an under / over pressure situation in the tyres. Recommended is 36, stick to it. City yes 32 works
Noted.

PS for people waiting for seltos:- I got this out of the blue from Kia on whatsapp in the evening. Maybe the waiting has reduced considerably.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20221118wa0019.jpg  

Old 19th November 2022, 21:11   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
PS for people waiting for seltos:- I got this out of the blue from Kia on whatsapp in the evening. Maybe the waiting has reduced considerably.
Waiting period depends on the variant. I was offered a car within 2 weeks of booking. I got the colour I wanted in 1.5 months
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 07:42   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Waiting period depends on the variant. I was offered a car within 2 weeks of booking. I got the colour I wanted in 1.5 months
The waiting period on some models of the Seltos has vanished. I was at VST Kia, Palace cross road yesterday and was offered a Seltos HTK+ IMT with immediate delivery in white and silver colours.
ashenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 11:23   #2578
BHPian

I am hearing the facelift Seltos will be debuted in India in Jan-2023.
If it gets debuted in Jan-23, when can we tentatively expect it's booking to start?

I am still contemplating if should book current version or wait for facelift.
Old 21st November 2022, 12:02   #2579
BHPian

Quote:

I got the Seltos in May 2022, and found the seats too plush and extra supple, did some seat, height and steering column adjustments and found my most comfortable driving position. Happy.

One day I had to meet a client in his Innova and once I sat down, realized Kia has gone for style and looks by providing an luxurious looking seat than a functional seat. It is just too soft.

I would urge you NOT to reduce the PSI to 32, that will not solve the problem
Do visit the doctor, and update us
Quote:
how cushioning and padding done on the driver seat
on how this turns out.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 21st November 2022 at 12:32. Reason: grammer
Old 21st November 2022, 12:31   #2580

I took delivery of my GTX+ Petrol (Black) in the first week of November and am nearing 600kms.
Sat in the back seat only on the day of delivery and did feel the stiff suspension, not sure if this was due to the fact that I had read so much about this and as a result I was looking for it. Tyres were also set at 45 which i have since reduced to 35.
Wife usually sits in the back seat with my 6-year-old son and as compared to my previous car,4th gen Honda City she finds this to be more comfortable. My cousin too has not felt any stiffness in the ride quality and was quite happy. For ref apart from my Honda City and his Verna, he drives a Subaru Forester in Canada. I don't really feel the need to change the stock tyres just yet as JK seems fine so far.
I find the car an absolute breeze to drive in Bangalore, yet to take it out on the highway.
If there is one area, I am concerned is the mileage. The current average is little less than 8. On slighly longer trips I have seen it cross 9.5 kmpl but the total is less than 8. It appears that on my current full tank I may end up around 370 kms or so. I drive a lot on roads where due to white topping, traffic is usually horrendous so this might be affecting but City did give me better mileage on the same roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks