Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 15:44   #2431
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I don't have much to add today to the forum, but let me leave couple of pictures of my car enjoying it's first monsoons.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20220719151148.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20220719151119.jpg  

harshbhat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:44   #2432
BANNED

Hi BHPians I would like to know from the Diesel AT owners on how their car has fared so far? Ride and handling, power and performance, mileage, service costs etc.
Any one could please offer their personal insights would be very well appreciated. Thanks!
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:26   #2433
rrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Hi BHPians I would like to know from the Diesel AT owners on how their car has fared so far? Ride and handling, power and performance, mileage, service costs etc.
Any one could please offer their personal insights would be very well appreciated. Thanks!
It is been about 3 weeks since I had my HTK+ diesel AT and 1100km on the odo. I have also driven my friends 2019 top end diesel AT for 1000+ km couple of months ago. I have test driven 5 time diesel AT and manual before I put my money. That said, let me share my experience comparing two rides.
1. Power/performance - diesel AT is adequate for both city and highway. When you step on "A" it picks the pace. Infact this is the best AT I have ever driven. It wont disappoint you but you need to get accustomed to driving AT if your current ride is any MT.
2. Suspension - My ride feels little softer than my friend's ride. The saying at the dealer is that since April 2022 Seltos carries carens suspension and hence it is softer than previous editions. I dont know if this is true. But both the rides behaved well on highway. My city ride has been only about 300km and have driven on bad roads and no complains so far. But then this is new car and time will tell what is in the kitty.
3. Ride/handling - It depends are what you are looking for w.r.t ride/handling. The steering is light for city and upto 80km-90km speeds, after which you will notice it heavy. Overall I liked it and definitely cannot compare with VAG/Skoda here anyway.
4. FE - my new ride shows 23.1 kmpl on 30% city and 70% highway. My friends ride if I recollect correctly had 19+ kmpl on 1000 km roundtrip high way drive. Easily the best diesel car in its segment w.r.t FE. In city I am not expecting more than 13-14 kmpl anyway. But time will tell as I adjust to driving AT.
5. service cost - my friend 's ride is 20k on the odo is happy so far. I have spoken to other seltos owners and all of them said service cost is on the lower side. But other long timers are pitch here. BTW, I just did my first service (which I think is unnecessary) and the bill is zero.

Personal opinion:
While there are lot of things that is well taken care in seltos there are few gotchas as well:
1. Poor mudflap design - all the dirt is on the bottom portion of door and rear bumper. thanks to torrent rains to make things worse. Not sure what the Kia engineers are smoking when designing mudflaps
2. things keep rattling (if you tend to notice) - Although not a concern, I am surprised no body mentioned it in the forum. IVRM, OVRM, passenger seat (when no occupant) when going over rough road. I have driven Ford Figo for 11 years and nothing like than I have ever seen.
3. Rear a/c vents - not upto mark. But then any car a/c will be poor after driving Ford Figo. You cannot close the vents fully
4. safety - well, lets not talk about it anymore. not vfm for money we put

Hope this helps.
rrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 00:33   #2434
BHPian

Kia is offering a free service check up camp from 21st July to 27th July 2022

Heard this is across India except Tamilnadu

So, seltos car owners having minor niggles or nitty-gritties, rush before 27th July to your nearest kia dealership

Camp is between 21st to 27th July 2022

Also got a free KIA Coffee mug for giving a video feedback on the check up experience
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-f78c0d64744b4c268b7996791fba4aea.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-30c7fb9c12a04aa3b562755c7de158df.jpeg  

GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 01:01   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrk View Post
4. FE - my new ride shows 23.1 kmpl on 30% city and 70% highway. My friends ride if I recollect correctly had 19+ kmpl on 1000 km roundtrip high way drive. Easily the best diesel car in its segment w.r.t FE. In city I am not expecting more than 13-14 kmpl anyway. But time will tell as I adjust to driving AT.
Above 23.1 and 19+ kmpl figures are from car's MID display? or tankful to tankful?
Old 23rd July 2022, 21:20   #2436
BHPian

My 2019 Seltos GTX Plus DCT is giving a rattling sound somewhere from rear left side whenever the car goes over speed bumps, especially the rubber ones. I have tried a lot to identify where the sound might be coming from, but am unable to find the root cause. Hate driving a car which rattles.

Request fellow Seltos owners inputs if they have experienced something similar and also if they managed to identify the issue and get it fixed.
Old 23rd July 2022, 23:40   #2437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
My 2019 Seltos GTX Plus DCT is giving a rattling sound somewhere from rear left side whenever the car goes over speed bumps, especially the rubber ones. I have tried a lot to identify where the sound might be coming from, but am unable to find the root cause. Hate driving a car which rattles.

Request fellow Seltos owners inputs if they have experienced something similar and also if they managed to identify the issue and get it fixed.
Have you checked the usual suspects - rear parcel tray and contents of the boot floor? Try a drive after removing the parcel tray and tool kit, etc. Once it's ruled out, ask someone to sit tight on the rear seat (rear backrest is another suspect) and then drive.

The above issues were identified and fixed successfully in my car by the service centre.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd July 2022 at 23:41.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 00:13   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Have you checked the usual suspects - rear parcel tray and contents of the boot floor? Try a drive after removing the parcel tray and tool kit, etc. Once it's ruled out, ask someone to sit tight on the rear seat (rear backrest is another suspect) and then drive.

The above issues were identified and fixed successfully in my car by the service centre.
Thanks Ashish. I have removed all the contents of the boot floor. Haven't tried removing parcel tray and tool kit. Will try tomorrow and then visit the Kia service centre of the issue still persists.

By the way, can you throw more light on what was the fix the service centre applied in your car?
Old 24th July 2022, 00:43   #2439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks Ashish. I have removed all the contents of the boot floor. Haven't tried removing parcel tray and tool kit. Will try tomorrow and then visit the Kia service centre of the issue still persists.

By the way, can you throw more light on what was the fix the service centre applied in your car?
For the parcel tray, they added a couple of small velcro strips below the tray where it lies on the side plastic panel. This was a 'patch' fix applied on most of the cars that were sold early on during 2019.

For the rear seat back, they applied a couple of rounds of tape on the seat lock so it is tight fit.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 06:40   #2440
BANNED

Quote:
For the parcel tray, they added a couple of small velcro strips below the tray where it lies on the side plastic panel. This was a 'patch' fix applied on most of the cars that were sold early on during 2019.

For the rear seat back, they applied a couple of rounds of tape on the seat lock so it is tight fit.
i guess these were some of the initial niggles most new cars have, it is a fact that new models coming out tend to have a few initial niggles here and there, but they get corrected over time by the manufacturers
Old 24th July 2022, 09:05   #2441
BHPian

Quote:

I bought a 2022 Seltos DCT and no tapes and no rattles
Old 24th July 2022, 11:05   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrk View Post
Adding my experience - my 2019 Seltos HTX AT D have completed 22K. I use it mainly for 360km up and down from Bangalore to Coimbatore (about 300km is 4-6 laned highways), 65km up and down from Coimbatore to Coonoor (35km ghat section) and 22km Bangalore traffic.

Highway: Gets about 18-20kmpl on MID for the whole trip if I keep the RPMs down below 2K RPM. Usually translates to 95-105kmph. It actually gives about 21-22kmpl and drops down to the original value for the last 50km stretch around Bangalore. This used to be 23kmpl initially, but after 10K on odo, it has settled down to the current value. I have not observed too much of variation whether car is occupied by 2 adults and 2 children or just me. Tank full to tank full is about 0.5kmpl lesser. Straight speed stability is excellent - but lack of wheel alignment is very much fealt on steering and I end up doing this once in 5K because of that. Suspension is ok on smooth roads, but it is definitely nowhere close to my 2007 Innova. One particular annoyance is the gap between panels on flyovers that just hits you hard.

Bangalore city commute: 14-15kmpl. I usually commute between 7:30-8:30am and 4:30-6:00pm - perhaps that is helping it. AT is a boon, but potholes are fealt.

Ghat section: Going up to Coonoor gives me about 10kmpl for 35km. Coming down gives about 45kmpl But that evens out for next 30km in traffic to finally settle at 19kmpl and overall round trip to about 16kmpl. Car is quite nice to drive on curves and doesn't have sideways motion.

Positives are well explained in many posts. While car is good VFM, other than the safety rating, following are the cons I've experienced in last 3 years.

While I thought car was well insulated from outside when compared to Innova, I do feel it is not all that noise-free. Tyre nose from stock ones are a bit irritating.

Another problem on highway drives is the performance of LED lights especially in rains. Lot of time, I end up driving at night and when it is raining heavily, the wiper speed is also not good and the lights are not good. When it is drizzling, the intermittent wiper speed is too fast as well. I miss Innova that had some 5 speed settings for wiper and old halogen lamps were fantastic. I don't like driving with high beams on, but Seltos forces me to do that often. Even my A-Star AT lamp+wiper works better on rainy night drives.

Wiring is mostly on the floor and it is a costly affair if rain water seeps into the floor even a bit. Floor under the carpet is shaped like small compartments and if water gets in, you've to remove carpet and seats and siphon it out. This is poor design for a hatchback marketed as an SUV. The height of door sills give a wrong impression - the manual also specifies somewhere that safe water depth is just below the lowest wheel nut.
vsbabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:49   #2443
rrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Above 23.1 and 19+ kmpl figures are from car's MID display? or tankful to tankful?
It is on the MID. I haven't measured using tankful to tankful method yet but I guess it will be about 21kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Adding my experience - my 2019 Seltos HTX AT D have completed 22K. I use it mainly for 360km up and down from Bangalore to Coimbatore (about 300km is 4-6 laned highways), 65km up and down from Coimbatore to Coonoor (35km ghat section) and 22km Bangalore traffic.

Highway: Gets about 18-20kmpl on MID for the whole trip if I keep the RPMs down below 2K RPM. Usually translates to 95-105kmph.
Spot on. Seltos D AT fuel efficiency is best (based on MID) at 2k RPM around 100kmph speed.
Old 26th July 2022, 21:56   #2444
BHPian

The 2023 facelift Seltos looks dashing! Wish they launch it in India soon and hopefully with a stronger structural reliability.

Old 29th July 2022, 10:55   #2445
MAS
Senior - BHPian

From August 1st, all Seltos variants will get 6 airbags.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks