Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 14:00   #2416
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hello, can somebody let me know the long-term reliability of iMT.
I had plans to buy the updated Brezza but the ZXI AT is 14.5 lakhs on road in Faridabad. VXI AT misses out on features.
Seltos HTK+ iMT is also roughly 14.5 on road.
I plan to keep the car for a minimum period of 7 years. Hence, wanted to know the reliability of this new technology.
Old 11th July 2022, 10:00   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepuSultan View Post
I have two questions regarding the 2022 Kia Seltos. Mine is HTX IVT model.

1. Where is the proper position to place the jack for tyre change? The actual place in the car (same in all four positions) and what says in the manual, are different. Photos attached.
I skirted a divider the other day, and the JK Tyre on my Seltos HTX IVT had a tear. The car stopped and I had to change the tyre on a car using the jack after many many years.
To answer your question, I couldn't find the proper position. I used my hand, and did some guess work and used the jack. Was able to raise the car.

Secondly, these 16 inch tyres(spare tyre) are heavy. Had a tough time picking it up and placing it back.

Have taken insurance from Kia, and tyre will get replaced and will not affect my no claim bonus also.
Old 11th July 2022, 10:13   #2418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post

Have taken insurance from Kia, and tyre will get replaced and will not affect my no claim bonus also.
Was the tyre replaced under warranty or you had to file insurance claim? If insurance then how come the NCB is protected for next year?
Old 11th July 2022, 11:04   #2419
BHPian

V3 cars did a long term review of Seltos GTX+ DCT. Owning the same variant, I can relate to this video:

harshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 08:40   #2420
rrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavarun View Post
I have become proud owner of Kia Seltos HTK+ iMT (Petrol) Model in Feb 2022.

Accessories fitted with
1. 7D Autozone car mats
2. Accessories taken (for faster delivery)

I am looking for suggestions regarding the modification like which brand / product to opt for.

Some pointers
Head light upgrade to 5k Led bulbs (dealer is pushing me for Maxxlink brand, he doesn’t keep Osrams)
Front parking sensors (will have to be fit on dashboard)
360 camera (as my car has 8” system, says the same may not be available)
Dashcam (hard wired) (undecided between front or dual)
Congrats Varun. Wish you happy miles.

I got my HTK+ D AT few weeks ago and couple of my friends own Seltos P HTX manual. While it is too early to comment amount FE of my ride, however my friend's ride which is manual also gets similar FE like yours after 20k on the odo. On open highway the FE on his ride is about 14ish at 110-120 kmph speeds. In city it is 10-11 kmpl. Looks like your FE is acceptable and in the range from what I have seen.

For the mods:
1. Seltos with projector is headlight is dumb. Specifically during rains it is just useless. Highways I can do max 70kmph but 60kmph is the safe with these headlights (others might find it lights OK but may be I am getting old ). In Blr, dealer/service center has osram as well. However note that HID provide better light than LED when done properly. I am inclined towards 35w osram HID 4200kelvin. No plans to change the fog as such. No matter whether the change is HID or LED I am of the opinion that modification of headlight is illegal - we can only change the bulb but not alter the spec.
2. I got used to the length of the ride and did not find it necessary for front parking sensor. However dealer in Blr have it if we want which a switch to turn it on or off.
3. 360 camera is not possible in 8inch headunit. Either upgrade to 10 inch that comes in HTX or after market headunits. There seem to be no 8 inch after market head units to my knowledge that fits HTK+. My friend HTK was modified with 360 and the end result is not all great. During navigation if you turn on the indicator the blindspot view is shown instead of split screen view. I have seen few of youtube videos of after market 360 camera where it can function as dashcam to record. But haven't come across a video which shows navigation and 360 view in split screen. Hence I dropped the idea of 360 camera.
4. Dashcam - Got vifio A129 pro duo. This is both front and rear but you can get only the front and then addon rear later as well. I have fixed the front myself. It took about 15 mins and thanks to youtube. There is a separate thread for dashcam and I suggest to go thru it before you decide on which dashcam fit your need.

Hope this helps.
rrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 09:13   #2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
Hello, can somebody let me know the long-term reliability of iMT.
I had plans to buy the updated Brezza but the ZXI AT is 14.5 lakhs on road in Faridabad. VXI AT misses out on features.
Seltos HTK+ iMT is also roughly 14.5 on road.
I plan to keep the car for a minimum period of 7 years. Hence, wanted to know the reliability of this new technology.
I have been using iMT since mid of feb 22, I have not faced any problem so far.
Old 12th July 2022, 09:28   #2422
rrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepuSultan View Post
I have two questions regarding the 2022 Kia Seltos. Mine is HTX IVT model.

1. Where is the proper position to place the jack for tyre change? The actual place in the car (same in all four positions) and what says in the manual, are different. Photos attached.

2. Whoever bought the 2022 Kia Seltos, did you receive the battery warranty card? I did not receive it with my docs/booklet. Is it that we should receive along with our docs? Little scared.
1. Yes. I agree that the representation could have been more user friendly. However it is not all difficult.
a. The scissor jack will have a grove on top. That grove should placed between the two cuts that your see in belly of the car. Also make sure that the hook on the scissor jack is facing you (i.e, outside and not inside) so that you can crank it up or down as the case is. This groove on the jack will ensure that the jack does not slip. Give it a try on a flat/plain surface and you will champion it in less than 10mins

2. I recently bought Seltos few weeks ago. There is not separate battery warranty card. In your Kia manual the first page will have "Vehicle record". The model, VIN, battery make and serial number, tyre make and batch etc will be mentioned along with your dealer sign/seal.
Old 12th July 2022, 14:46   #2423
BHPian

Hi all,

Posting after a while. I own an IVT 2019 model, just done about 14k km. After my last service (~10k km / 3rd), I suddenly started observing engine hesitancy along with decreased power and mileage. During acceleration, I clearly observed that the engine was missing at times. This was not happening during every pickup action but the problem was observable. On one instance, the car almost refused to move in a slight incline while reversing.

I took it to service station and SA accepted the fault but took 4 days to diagnose. While testing, they also observed that the engine was smoking on hard acceleration. They said that there was a minor oil leakage and hence the issue.

Since receiving the car, I still feel the same issue at times, though it is not so much pronounced now. Mileage, definitely, has dropped - but its hard to convince the SA about it. I also observed smoke once when I pressed the accelerator very hard.

Any clue on what could be an issue? I was thinking whether it could be an early indication of a fuel pump going bust?
Old 13th July 2022, 21:24   #2424
BHPian

I have been considering to buy the Seltos HTX IVT version. Can anyone confirm if the suspension tuning is any better now? I had watched some youtube videos claiming that post the April 2022 update, Kia has fine tuned the suspension. I wanted to check with members on this forum if anyone has taken the delivery of a Seltos that was manufactured post April 2022 and if the suspension was any better?

I would also request some advice on the tranmission options to chose - IVT vs DCT.

1. The Seltos test drive car for IVT was simply superb and I loved the way the car drove. I am not sure if this was specific to the test drive car or it is the same observation for the IVT versions in general?

2. I intend to hold the car atleast for 7-8 years and would like to purchase a car with all frills. But the Seltos IVT variant does not come in the top-end version. This means that I loose out on 2 Airbags, 360 camera, Bose speakers, Ventilated seats, 8-way electrically adjusted seats, HUD display). What I am most hung up about is the Ventilated seats and the 2 airbags that are missing in the HTX IVT variant. I am really not able to make a decision here and would like members here to suggest.

3. I was considering the DCT version as well so that I can get it on the top-end. But I am too worried on the transmission reliability in the long term. If all that is required is to shift to neutral in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I can manage that discipline. But, I also watched youtube videos where some of the folks have requested to stop the car for 10-15 mins every 1.5 hrs if taking the vehicle on long drives or on inclines. Is this true? There seems to be too many guidelines / instructions to follow and I don't want to take home a touch-me-not baby that has to be very carefully handled.

The car buying decision has been impending for more than 2 months now and I am not able to make up my mind one way or the other. Too further make this decision difficult, there are 2 new cars - Hyryder and Grand Vitara and carens that's available in the same price. I am just too confused!

Appreciate everyone's input.

Last edited by vijay.s : 13th July 2022 at 21:26.
Old 13th July 2022, 21:47   #2425
avk
BHPian

With the seltos launch nearing 3 years, wanted to check with the early owners on whether there is any information on the eSIM status. Wasn't the connected features free for the first 3 yrs only? Will there be an extension on the free validity or will there be a subscription plan?

PS: Not an early owner. My car ownership has been less than 2 yrs.
avk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 10:30   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post

I would also request some advice on the tranmission options to chose - IVT vs DCT.

Appreciate everyone's input.
I recently bought Seltos DCT top end.

1. Suspension is better but still it's bit on stiffer side, which is good for highway drives

2. DCT is super sporty to drive with the feel of manual, quick shifts and immediate power to the wheels

3. If your drive is fully on city with bumper to bumper traffic, then I would recommend CVT. For mixed driving DCT is fine. There is absolutely no need to stop for 1.5 hours on long drive or inclines You can watch long term reviews of Seltos DCT.

4. With the features you mentioned on top end, experience is totally different. All the features add more premiumness to the car. Also, did you miss the superb looking alloys in GT

Seltos DCT is one of the great cars available for the price right now. It definitely challenges some of more expensive luxury brand cars
Old 17th July 2022, 18:54   #2427
BHPian

Recently, I had a scay experience driving my Seltos gtx plus dct during a slight drizzle on a kuchha road with lot of undulations. While I had a very light foot on the accelerator, suddenly I realized the vehicle was accelerating uncontrollably. I immediately left the accelerator and slammed on the brake which slowed down the vehicle and then it started behaving normally as if nothing had happened.

Not sure what happened and why, but I am not able to get it out of my mind. Look forward to hearing from fellow Seltos owners on what it could be and if they ever experienced something similar.
civic-dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 21:16   #2428
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone please help decode the VIN MZBET811VNN392694

I tried doing it myself online but couldn't figure out the month.

Thanks.
Old 18th July 2022, 23:40   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Recently, I had a scay experience driving my Seltos gtx plus dct during a slight drizzle on a kuchha road with lot of undulations. While I had a very light foot on the accelerator, suddenly I realized the vehicle was accelerating uncontrollably. I immediately left the accelerator and slammed on the brake which slowed down the vehicle and then it started behaving normally as if nothing had happened.

Not sure what happened and why, but I am not able to get it out of my mind. Look forward to hearing from fellow Seltos owners on what it could be and if they ever experienced something similar.
I also drive GTX+ DCT, I didn't face this issue. It's indeed scary. We just take car for granted to behave how it supposed to behave. I'll let this group know if I observe anything like this
Old 19th July 2022, 15:04   #2430
BHPian

Next iteration of Seltos to come with AWD?

Link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgKbE...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks