Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 23:31   #2521
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
May I ask when did you book?

I booked on 26th Sept and just want to sure I will get the color.
I booked on September 1st week
Old 2nd October 2022, 09:53   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Hello !

This is going to be my first post here, although I've been lurking around for a while looking at experiences .

Initially started looking at Compact SUV segment Sonet/Venue , however After a few months of deliberation/test drives between Creta, Seltos, Taigun & Kushaq, I've finally decided to book Seltos HTX IVT . This is going to be my first owned car here , I'm a bit conflicted of late with few queries

- I see mention of Seltos Diesel AT having great performance, but cost jump is a bit on higher end & the overall stance of govt these days regarding diesel vehicles .

Any suggestions or views on the above would be much appreciated !
Hey congratulations on booking.

The diesel AT engine yes is quite superior to 1.5 petrol in many ways including the torque, high speed and the confidence it throws on highways. As of now I dont see any guiidelines from government except Delhi state where the ten year rule stands. I am from Mumbai and got my Seltos AT diesel with 15 year RC period.

Also even if you drive less, the performance of the diesel whether manual or automatic will always give you a good kick. I have tried the 1.5 petrol hence I know. So its not entirely about mileage but more about the overall experience. The drive and ride quality of AT diesel is unbeatable I feel in this segment.

Suspension is stiff and not sure if anything can be done about it except keeping a lower tyre pressure like 32 or 33 instead of recommended 35.

The facelift version will obviously be better in many ways and by the time you wait for it there will be other new options as well. So if not in a hurry you can wait and watch for a year.
WheelJack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 15:58   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelJack View Post
Hey congratulations on booking.

The diesel AT engine yes is quite superior to 1.5 petrol in many ways including the torque, high speed and the confidence it throws on highways. As of now I dont see any guiidelines from government except Delhi state where the ten year rule stands. I am from Mumbai and got my Seltos AT diesel with 15 year RC period.

Also even if you drive less, the performance of the diesel whether manual or automatic will always give you a good kick. I have tried the 1.5 petrol hence I know. So its not entirely about mileage but more about the overall experience. The drive and ride quality of AT diesel is unbeatable I feel in this segment.

Suspension is stiff and not sure if anything can be done about it except keeping a lower tyre pressure like 32 or 33 instead of recommended 35.

The facelift version will obviously be better in many ways and by the time you wait for it there will be other new options as well. So if not in a hurry you can wait and watch for a year.

Thanks for the feedback , much appreciated, I have yet to try the diesel AT unfortunately, Will try it out. To be honest I'm not in a hurry as such , but want to start my travel journey with my own vehicle soon , not that I cant currently , but its a different feeling doing it with your own vehicle. [ maybe just me ]

I'm really conflicted whether to wait for the facelift or just go ahead with the existing model if the delivery comes across.

Getting a feeling the sales executives for Seltos & Creta are both looking to clear out inventory in anticipation for the facelift models, as usually they would give a 4-5 months minimum wait period, the SA I'm in touch with, they are confidently saying within a month or so they can provide delivery.
CosmicGeneral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 23:58   #2524

Have booked a Htx Plus diesel in two showrooms before two months and still no response. Should I extend my budget and get a Harrier ? Thoughts. I am in sheer love with the looks but scared about the niggles and Tata service.
Old 6th October 2022, 22:47   #2525

Hello everyone. I did the PDI for a Kia Seltos GTX Plus 1.4 T Petrol Manual today. Everything seemed ok. But when started the engine noise was loud like a diesel engine. Is this normal for a new car engine? The number of KMS showed as 11 km and the mileage was 10kmpl. The vehicle was also pretty dirty on the outside which i think is normal at the stock yard. We were shown another vehicle of the same variant and it too had a loud engine. I have pasted the VIN (MZBET811LNN429642) for decoding on the VIN decoding thread. The loud engine slightly concerns me, whether it has been used by the showroom.
Old 10th October 2022, 18:14   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insatiable View Post
Hello everyone. I did the PDI for a Kia Seltos GTX Plus 1.4 T Petrol Manual today. Everything seemed ok. But when started the engine noise was loud like a diesel engine. Is this normal for a new car engine? The number of KMS showed as 11 km and the mileage was 10kmpl. The vehicle was also pretty dirty on the outside which i think is normal at the stock yard. We were shown another vehicle of the same variant and it too had a loud engine. I have pasted the VIN (MZBET811LNN429642) for decoding on the VIN decoding thread. The loud engine slightly concerns me, whether it has been used by the showroom.
This is normal, when you start the engine, the noise is pretty high and after a couple of minutes, it becomes normal and goes pretty silent. Not sure why this happens, but that is how it is.
ThatCarGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 23:29   #2527
BHPian

Thinking of switching from HTX Petrol AT to HTX Diesel AT, its an increment of almost 1.5 lacs and waiting period of 24-30 weeks! Price in longer run I dont think matters a lot, but still a hefty premium & wait time increases a lot.

Another thing I'm contemplating is to whether to cancel this booking & switch from Seltos to Sonet GTX+ D AT instead.

I have to admit it was a bad idea going through the Sonet review pages on teambhp & seeing everyone rave about the Sonet GTX+ D AT variant
Old 14th October 2022, 00:20   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Thinking of switching from HTX Petrol AT to HTX Diesel AT, its an increment of almost 1.5 lacs and waiting period of 24-30 weeks! Price in longer run I dont think matters a lot, but still a hefty premium & wait time increases a lot.

Another thing I'm contemplating is to whether to cancel this booking & switch from Seltos to Sonet GTX+ D AT instead.

I have to admit it was a bad idea going through the Sonet review pages on teambhp & seeing everyone rave about the Sonet GTX+ D AT variant
Depends on your requirements. If you need bigger space and SUVish feel, then you stick to Seltos. If you care more about features at similar price point and can live with the relatively smaller space (back seat and boot) then Sonet it is. You can't go wrong with either, it is just a question of what fits your needs and touches your heart more.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th October 2022 at 00:23.
Old 14th October 2022, 08:57   #2529

Hello everyone!
I have been driving the GTX+ DCT 2020 model
I bought the car in January 2020 and hardly got time with it before lockdown.
Only recently I have resume going to office regularly in it
I have started to face very tight bumper to bumper traffic more regularly than before and I noticed this weird behaviour:
Crawling, after a few minutes, results in jerks and the ride becomes unpleasant
If I press the accelerator and able to move beyond crawl speed, things seem to work correctly.
To crawl, I basically leave the brake pedal without involving the accelerator at all

Is this the recommended approach?

My car has clocked over 20k km in these 2.5+ years
Old 14th October 2022, 10:22   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGhost View Post
How you guys are protecting the piano black interiors in seltos ? I have ocd about minor scratches. I have two mischievous sweet hearts. Can we do ppf or anything you guys suggest ?
Unfortunately.... nothing can be done about it. It is not the scratches but the piano black bits are an absolute fingerprint magnet. I just clean it with a damp cloth every morning. That's pretty much it. Haven't really tried ppf'ing the interior though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertrj View Post
Hello guys. I have a Seltos HTX diesel. The visibility at night is really poor. I would like to ask the members here about the best way to improve the headlight visibility at night. Got 2 options scanning through this thread :
1) Replace the headlights - If so which are the best options? Please suggest
2) Get a hella light bar as suggested by @Stribog -> Worried since it is an aftermarket mod. And I drive frequently to Kerala. Could get a challan for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
I have a Seltos HTX IVT Petrol, and the visibility is horrible at night, especially when its raining and you have cars driving from opposite direction. Sometimes, I feel like driving solely on my judgement.
Folks, have 40k km on the car, 15k must be in highways with a fair bit of early morning (0400 hrs) and night driving (till 0100 hrs) across TN, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Kerala. With this experience I tell you, the lights are bad, not just bad, atrociously bad.

Two things have helped me so far,

1) My Hella light bar - and no, not been challaned or even stopped for this even once. I also have 0% usage in the city. Have an independent switch and till I hit a median divided highway the lights are off.

Also have checked this on the highway myself, the scatter is very controlled and it DOES not blind oncoming traffic.

2) this might be a factor of age, as apparently post 40 your eyesight starts to deteriorate, esp night vision so I picked up a pair of Carl Zeiss Night drive glasses.

Combined they have drastically improved visibility at night. Now mind you, it's still incremental and not revolutionary or something. I used to have Osram nightbreaker halogens in my previous car and nothing even comes close to it. Heck my 2000's era santro Zing had 100/90 bulbs and even those were better.

Fact is, the designers went for 70% form and 30% function, but with the existing set up, the Lightbar + the glasses definitely make night drives far more safer.

And please, do not go for the cheap aftermarket Chinese Lightbars, a few friends of mine have (on various cars) and those really blind oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
A question regarding improving the ride quality in my Kia Seltos DCT 2019

After having driven my cousin's Jeep meridian for a few days and having sat in a friend's 7 year old Ford Ecosport, the ride quality in my Seltos bothers me more now!

Is there anything I can do to improve the ride quality? The thuds on even small bumps and potholes are getting really bothersome! The road i take everyday to my office is filled with such small bumps and multiple craters!

Any solutions in Bangalore?

Will a tyre upgrade make a perceptible change?

Please advise!
Changed tires to Conti and both in suspension terms and noise levels they make a lot of positive difference.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 13:13   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Changed tires to Conti and both in suspension terms and noise levels they make a lot of positive difference.
Thank you very much Stribog.
Could you share the tyre details, please?
Old 14th October 2022, 19:20   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Thank you very much Stribog.
Could you share the tyre details, please?
Hey man, you have a plethora of options, Michelin primacy ofc being a top one, I went in for the Max contact 5 iirc.

The road noise on the highway alone (the reduction thereof) is worth every Paisa I paid.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 21:07   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Folks, have 40k km on the car, 15k must be in highways with a fair bit of early morning (0400 hrs) and night driving (till 0100 hrs) across TN, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Kerala. With this experience I tell you, the lights are bad, not just bad, atrociously bad.

Fact is, the designers went for 70% form and 30% function, but with the existing set up, the Lightbar + the glasses definitely make night drives far more safer.

Is your variant fitted with the "crown jewel LED Headlamp"? Is the bad performance due to white light? Does the one fitted with projector better?
Old 16th October 2022, 09:03   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Is your variant fitted with the "crown jewel LED Headlamp"? Is the bad performance due to white light? Does the one fitted with projector better?

My understanding is, yes. The temperature of the light is just not suited for night driving in dark conditions.

It does look good in the city though
Old 18th October 2022, 09:24   #2535

@silvy_rider I have the 2022 Seltos DCT and just last week i faced the same issue in Bumper to Bumper traffic and when I spoke to the SA about it he said its an issue with the DCT as it gets over heated in such traffic. I was advised to change to N when in such traffic. I was a bit scared when this occurred in the middle of the road and in such traffic.
SA also told me that they will tune the gear box n all but I dont think it will make any difference. Mine is just run 8000KMS.
Hope it helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks