Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 03:46   #2371

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Any impressions on the new suspension for 2022 Seltos’?
Got delivery today and drove for 60 kms. Loved the suspension. Hadn't driven the pre 2022 model.

Also, i know this would be a common question but I'm getting mixed answers on YouTube. In bumper to bumper traffic, if the stop is 10 seconds +-, should i shift to neutral and press the brake ? Or be in drive.

Thanks.

P.S. It was my first day with a non manual.
anants_220 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 07:55   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anants_220 View Post
Got delivery today and drove for 60 kms. Loved the suspension. Hadn't driven the pre 2022 model.

Also, i know this would be a common question but I'm getting mixed answers on YouTube. In bumper to bumper traffic, if the stop is 10 seconds +-, should i shift to neutral and press the brake ? Or be in drive.
Cheers mate. I got my GTX+ DCT 2 weeks back and driven 2000kms. Yes, better to shift to neutral in bumper to bumper traffic when the vehicle is not moving. Think of it as manual transmission, riding on clutch reduces the clutch life. On crawling traffic clutch won't be disengaged fully and leads to heat and wear and tear. DCT is not recommended to drive in heavy traffic, so I'm avoiding exclusive city drives.

Which color did you chose? This is me with the car .

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20220514093204.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 15th June 2022 at 21:42. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 12th June 2022, 15:58   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Cheers mate. I got my GTX+ DCT 2 weeks back and driven 2000kms. Yes, better to shift to neutral in bumper to bumper traffic when the vehicle is not moving. Think of it as manual transmission, riding on clutch reduces the clutch life. On crawling traffic clutch won't be disengaged fully and leads to heat and wear and tear. DCT is not recommended to drive in heavy traffic, so I'm avoiding exclusive city drives.

Which color did you chose? This is me with the car
Congratulations mate! Cool color, awesome car! Happy & safe driving!
sarbagna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 12:20   #2374

Dear All,

Greetings!

I am a new member of Team-BHP and would like to thank the moderator and all of the members for their valuable inputs and experiences.

I am planning to buy a compact SUV. I have recently taken test drive for Creta Petrol IVT, Seltos Petrol IVT and Sonet Diesel automatic.

I personally found Creta's driving better compared to Seltos but I am still considering Seltos. Before i book the car I need your views on the observations
1. In my opinion the right arm rest is bit far from the steering wheel which can cause tiredness in the long driving. This is because i keep my elbow on the right arm rest on the driver's door and hold the wheel with the right hand. i am used to this for last 12 years of my driving. This is purely based upon my driving style. Did anyone of you have felt the same?
2. During the test drive, I found some unwanted noises from the rear but did bother much at that point of time until I saw few videos on YouTube particularly mentioning the same for both rear and front seat. Please share your views based upon your driving experience till date.

I have already sold my previous car and need a new one as soon as possible, kindly share your views on the above points, thank again to all of you.
Old 13th June 2022, 12:36   #2375
BHPian

Hello all,

After four months of waiting, we finally got the Sparkling Silver HTX IVT delivered on Jun 11, 2022. It was a hectic weekend as the entire family had gone to Bangalore and came back on Jun 08. My dad and mom were super tired but in good spirits. All said and done; I think the action started after I raised a complaint with KIA Customer care.

I'll post a few pics and let it do the talking. We have covered around 65 km altogether. The VIN came clean, the PDI was ok, and KUN Ambattur was friendly and professional. The only gripe is that till your 'car' is dispatched from the factory - no one has any clue. We didn't have any ceremony as such and requested our vicar from our church to bless and say a prayer, and that was it.

Having driven just a few km with the Seltos, it moves like butter (compared to the Nexon), and my mom loves it. Dad is just getting used to the tech side of things. My sister and I felt it was time for him to 'enjoy' driving rather than driving. Looking back, he was close to canceling the car and going for another one. But in the end, it paid off. My sincere thanks to Team-BHP, as it instilled confidence in me to inform my dad of developments with proof and became an invaluable source of truth.

Thanks everyone.
Vijay

Kia Seltos : Official Review-1655102158002_1.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-1655102158074_1.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-1655102158248.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-1655102158485_1.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-1655102159182_2.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 15th June 2022 at 21:42. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
trumpet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:40   #2376
BANNED

There seems to be a lot of complaints about the headlights,halogen or led,with Seltos.Can any one throw some light on this. :-)
Old 14th June 2022, 21:00   #2377

Quote:

Which color did you chose? This is me with the car
Hey, thanks, to you too. I chose intense red. I spoke to my service manager today. He said, only when you know you will be parked for 30 sec+ you can shift to neutral to not keep pressing the brake.

On drive, when the car is stationary, with the brake pressed, disengagement happens and then no stress on clutch. I also saw many videos and all mags also said the same, that neutral should only be used when towing. Also, being on drive is a tad bit safer for a quick dash last minute to avoid an accident.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20220614_18175801.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 15th June 2022 at 21:43. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 15th June 2022, 18:24   #2378

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
After four months of waiting, we finally got the Sparkling Silver HTX IVT delivered on Jun 11, 2022. It was a hectic weekend as the entire family had gone to Bangalore and came back on Jun 08.
Congratulations on your new car!! I have the same variant in black. It's been 3 months and I have taken two 700km trips. The car behaves well in highways, just keep in mind that it's CVT while overtaking. Mileage was also good for me, first time entire ride was at night and got 19.9kmpl and second time got 17.8kmpl, but I drive sedately at 90kmph. Anyways wishing you many more years and miles with your new Seltos.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th June 2022 at 19:10. Reason: typo.
arungoks is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2022, 20:19   #2379
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Today my friend took the delivery of SELTOS XLine D AT. He is using OnePlus Nord phone and he is not able to find Uvo connect app in google play store in his phone. Where as on other phone models he is able to find the app. Is there any limitation that some smartphone models does not support Uvo connect and Oneplus Nord is one among them. Can someone who experienced this throw some light on this like how they overcome the problem.
TIA
Govardhan
Old 15th June 2022, 21:21   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Is there any limitation that some smartphone models does not support Uvo connect and Oneplus Nord is one among them.
The app is now called Kia Connect, though a search for Uvo Connect should automatically redirect.
Your friend could try visiting the Play Store from a desktop browser and finding the app there. If the app is incompatible with his phone there should be a message displayed to that effect. If the message is not displayed then he can have the app marked for installation on his phone from the browser UI.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th June 2022 at 21:43. Reason: Spacing.
malim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 10:25   #2381
BHPian

Hello all, we finally got delivery of our white GTX+ 7DCT, after over 7 months of waiting. While I have jotted down our not so great exp with the dealership, we are very happy with the new car. But there are some niggles we encounter. Need your suggestions and help on the same:

1) Minor rattles, i'm guessing from the rear seat/parcel tray. Cant tell where is is originating from.Will talk to the SA during the first service to check this.
2) Lower back pain. We drove a 2009 Swift VDI. Never faced this issue. But even a relatively short drive of 15-20 mins gives us noticeable lower back pain. Drove a couple of hundred kilometers over the weekend, and I had significant back pain. This is exp by both me and my wife. Is this a common problem? have any of you faced this? I understand one solution is lumbar support, but have any of you faced this? If so is there a seat setting we need to change?
3) Was travelling back home on a state highway and changed to Sport mode on-the-fly. Was behaving weirdly, revving very-high and staying in the same high RPM for extended periods, took long time to upshift. I had driven in sport mode before and never encountered this problem, changed it to normal and back to sport, still behaved the same. Tested the same after a couple of days and the sport mode works good now. Is this something to be worried about? Do I need to look out for something?
4) The suspension is still very stiff. It crashes badly in potholes, not so great body-roll. My brother-in-law too owns a GTX 7DCT, albeit a 2020 model, he drove our car and says he finds no significant difference in the suspension, says on very small potholes it is noticable, but slightly, otherwise it feels exactly same. Can somehow help me in understanding is there really a significant difference in the ride quality in the newer models, or am I over-reacting?
Old 16th June 2022, 12:54   #2382
BHPian

Quote:

Which color did you chose? This is me with the car .

Attachment 2319447
Hi Harsh. Just curious, as to how long was your waiting period, as you have the same variant and Color as mine.
firingpistonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 16:19   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingpistonz View Post
Hello all, we finally got delivery of our white GTX+ 7DCT, after over 7 months of waiting. While I have jotted down our not so great exp with the dealership, we are very happy with the new car. But there are some niggles we encounter. Need your suggestions and help on the same:
Hello,

First of all, congratulations on your new car and happy motoring!
I booked in mid-January, got in mid-May. So, 4 months of waiting.

Coming to your niggles:

1. Check it is from the sunglass holder, there should not be any rattles from new car. Or could be rear parcel tray fitment. Should be easy to fix.
2. I have done 500km stretches in my new Seltos and didn't find any discomfort and I also drive Maruti SX4. If you want, you can get lumbar support as accessory. I liked all accessories collection from Kia.
3. Sport mode has high-revving characteristics. It stays in lower gears for more time and gets you more power. I find normal mode is ideal for day-to-day driving. Neither eco, not sports.
4. I find Seltos better than SX4 in bad roads. But driving dynamics are better in Sedan than SUV. I clearly find cornering, confidence is higher in SX4. I don't have complaints on Seltos suspension.

I find Seltos GTX+ DCT is HUGE value in terms of driving pleasure, technology and features on offer.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th June 2022 at 17:42. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 16th June 2022, 17:36   #2384
BHPian

Hi SriCar,

Having just taken delivery of the 2022 Seltos, the stock lamps have decent throw of light within city roads and side roads during the night rides I have taken. The low/high beams are adequate. I have not taken this on any highway yet. But I guess, it should have a decent throw to illuminate everything on a normal highway. I have read reviews of how the stock headlamps were on the earlier versions the Seltos. But, this one seems ok. I am comparing these to the 120w LEDs I have on the Nexon and Seltos seems to do the job well.

Since my dad is the primary driver, I might upgrade later on - based on what he feels.

Thanks
Vijay
Old 17th June 2022, 20:46   #2385

Hi All,

We booked a Seltos HTX IVT (Black) in the first week of May with Shri Kia, Ujjain (M.P.), and were told that the waiting period will be 3-4 months. But this week itself, got calls from the SAs that the vehicle has been allotted and will arrive soon. However, both the SAs that we are in touch with are giving different stories for the early delivery. While the first SA is saying that the car has been arranged from some other dealership, the second SA is saying that the car is coming from the plant itself.

We will do a PDI before making any payments but is there any reason to be worried and pass up this car, especially since both the SAs have different stories, and no one seems to be getting delivery this soon? Also, any specific things to mind while doing the PDI? TIA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks