Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:31   #2251
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
Yes, the phone does charge. I was testing Android Auto yesterday and very well remember, that my phone went from 39% to 45%, so it did charge the phone.
Thanks for your reply and help on the issue buddy. Its great that the wired Android auto also charges the phone.
Old 24th February 2022, 17:53   #2252
BHPian

Folks,

Did Kia softened the suspension setup of the Seltos GTX+? Asking because I'm on the verge of booking a Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT soon and the only gripe with the car is ride quality being stiff and that's the reason I was considering the Creta as well over Seltos, which has better suspension setup.

But, since I might be needing the vehicle immediately, I might go for the Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT and the Kia dealer I know had assured me that he can get me the Seltos in my preferred variant and colour choice within a month.
Old 24th February 2022, 23:52   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

Did Kia softened the suspension setup of the Seltos GTX

Kia dealer I know had assured me that he can get me the Seltos in my preferred variant and colour choice within a month.
I saw a couple of YouTube videos in which the reviewers said that last years updated model had a changed suspension setup and it was a little softer. But I am not sure about their authenticity.
I would suggest you take a long test drive and check for yourself.

Kia dealer might promise you car in a month, but it can also take more. Although top end vehicles are delivered earlier.
I was also told that I will get the HTX IVT in 45 days, and it took over 60 days for the delivery. Again, not a very big delay, but if you abosultely need the car on a specific date, then you might want to rethink.

Creta's waiting is even more. When we visited in November last year, he told us 6-8 months waiting time, which was far more than that of Kia Seltos, whose offical waiting time was 3 months, and dealer promised us 45 days
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 18:39   #2254
BHPian

Anyone experienced issue of slight stiffness while changing gears? I don't feel gear shift as smooth as my other cars. My seltos has 3000 km on odo, purchased 4 months ago.
Old 25th February 2022, 23:29   #2255
BHPian

I completed 2k kms within 20 days of purchase. I'm facing issue with the official KIA 7D mats. Even after keeping them under sun for few days, the bad odour of some chemical is not subsiding. It feels suffocating and I've to roll down the windows every 10 kms. Anyone else facing this issue ?
Old 27th February 2022, 11:27   #2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A good friend of mine and an enthusiast is considering HTX iVT. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I brought HTX IVT in Nov-2021. Drove close to 2K so far, a mix of city roads and expressway. I didn't notice any rubber-band effect and found power to be sufficient to overtake at various speeds (and especially immediate when in 70+kmph speeds). The cabin is silent and drive is effortless.

One observation though, the dealer had set all 4 tyres at 46-47 PSI at the time of delivery. I drove it in the same state for close to 1.5K. Recently I brought down the tyre pressures to 35 PSI and found that the FE reduced by ~1-2 kmpl.
Anyone else had similar experience? Apparently the recommended number is 33 PSI.
Hari Seldon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 12:19   #2257
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember few members had asked this but I can't find the post now. Parked in a tight spot, if you want to unlock your car and yet, don't want the mirrors to unfold then here's what you have to do:

Fold your mirrors (using the mirror fold button) before/after switching off your car.
Lock your car.

Now, whenever you unlock the car, the mirrors won't unfold and this setting is saved perpetually - mirrors stay in the folded state. To go back to the earlier mode, unfold the mirrors using the button.

Although I haven't tried this yet, this should be true for all Kia/Hyundai cars.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th March 2022 at 12:21.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 12:43   #2258
BHPian

Folks,

Did anyone face the issues with Seltos DCT post 2020? Asking because I'm in a conundrum whether I should go for Seltos Diesel AT or DCT since my average running would be 2000 Kms a month.

And, since I've plans to move out of country this year for a brief period, I felt that DCT would make sense considering that I'd be passing onto my mom when I move out of country and her daily usage would be just 15 Kms to and fro a day.

Coming to DCT, I liked everything but I'm concerned with long term reliability of the transmission and mileage.

Coming to Diesel AT, the only grouse is DPF issues. Apart from that, Seltos Diesel AT is smooth like a butter.

Apart from the Seltos, I'm considering the Sonet Diesel AT, Honda City CVT and i20 N-Line.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:41   #2259
BHPian

Hi All,

After 8 months of struggling with cops, insurance company and the bank, I have finally closed all formalities related to my stolen car and am excited to bring home a new one soon.

After endless discussions and research, I have chosen the Kia Seltos GTX Plus AT - Diesel over the MG Astor Savvy Turbo AT.

Why ? First, because my car is like my pair of shoes. If there's any place 4 wheels can go, mine will (no matter how long it may take) ! So I wanted a diesel engine to atleast have some edge in the fuel efficiency. Second, I didn't see enough Astors on the road to be able to convince myself of the product. In my mind, I thought they were so rare because the waiting time is high but turns out, the bookings aren't that high for the Astor (vis-à-vis the Hector). The Sales Rep I was talking to offered any color in any variant delivered within 15 days. Third, their services center network in Delhi is pretty thin. Did some research and apparently they just have 3 service centers across the city. Fourth, the audio setup is mediocre for a 20L vehicle and the Sales Rep told me during the TD that any changes to the audio setup will void warranty.

What I liked about MG ? The amazing response time to every query. Their test drive experience was the best I've had till date. They were happy to schedule test drives for all three transmission variants and let me decide for myself. Their willingness to help me with sorting out the pendency with my bank and insurance company (probably because I told them I am only get a new car once my ongoing formalities are settled) was another nice gesture. The ADAS and other features on offer are impressive. The sangria red interiors look different but absolutely classy.

Now coming to my experience with Kia ...

Niets ! Nichts ! Niente ! Nada ! Nothing ! Called all 7 dealers in New Delhi and not one of them has called back ! Been almost 8 days now. I wonder what it'll be to book a TD and then a delivery ! I know a few Seltos owners so I know the look and feel of the trims and the features, but I still want to drive the Diesel AT ! I went to the showroom and a baffled Sales Rep showed up, handed me a print out of the price list and vanished to be never seen again. The showroom was FULL of visitors/customers but I as really expecting for somebody to talk to me. Waited for 20 minutes and left. Looking at my experience with Kia, I am confused !

Customer service is one thing, they're not even following up on sales leads. Not even when the customer is walking in himself ! I know the product (the actual car) has nothing to do with this experience but again, isn't customer experience the first step towards everything "sales" ?

Should I consider the MG Astor ? Not a fan of the Creta. Already had the Brezza/Urban Cruiser. Do not want to go Nissan. As much as I like the Compass, it's way beyond my budget. XUV500 is no more available. Did not like Tata products.
DeepeshKarnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:58   #2260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Hi All,

Looking at my experience with Kia, I am confused !

Not a fan of the Creta
Well, given there is healthy demand for Kia, your experience is not unique specially walk-in during weekends. However if you really like Seltos (there are hardly anything not to like actually), then do not get disappointed. Try calling or walkin on working day and I hope you'd get better response.

Hyundai is another level of indifference. You would be praising your Kia experience compared to the good for nothing treatment you would have gotten at Hyundai if you were enquiring for Creta.
Old 8th March 2022, 17:17   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Well, given there is healthy demand for Kia, your experience is not unique specially walk-in during weekends. However if you really like Seltos (there are hardly anything not to like actually), then do not get disappointed. Try calling or walkin on working day and I hope you'd get better response.

Hyundai is another level of indifference. You would be praising your Kia experience compared to the good for nothing treatment you would have gotten at Hyundai if you were enquiring for Creta.
When you first step in Hyundai showroom asking for Creta, they will try to show long waiting times and divert you to Alcazar if budget permits

I did have very different experience in Kia Palace road showroom. Inspite of crowd on weekend, SA was assigned and he was prompt and offered test drive/ send one at home. There was a good follow up as well so no complains there.

I just hope Kia improves on NCAP Rating (which is 3* right now) when they come up with facelift. Hyundai also needs to send Creta for safety rating. The top end variants are ~22+ lakhs OTR in Bangalore
Old 8th March 2022, 18:12   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Customer service is one thing, they're not even following up on sales leads. Not even when the customer is walking in himself ! I know the product (the actual car) has nothing to do with this experience but again, isn't customer experience the first step towards everything "sales"
You can't be faulted for feeling distraught for reasons that you have mentioned. A good "sales experience" is what everyone expects and you are no different. However, I am always more concerned about the "service experience". Vehicle delivery process is an one-time event whereas service isn't. I suggest you to consult your friends and others who own Kia cars at your place and take reviews about the service from them. If you get positive reviews from them, I don't see any other reason for you to reject the vehicle going by your set of preferences.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 17:28   #2263
BHPian

Pune dealers are no different at least when it comes to Sales. I have been in touch with all three of them, and the experience is pathetic.

- They only chase you until you book with them. Once you do, they forget you. Then you chase them.
- If you cancel the booking, again you have to chase them for refund. They don't even acknowledge messages / calls / emails.
- The overall process from booking till allotment is not transparent at all, because there are no updates directly from Kia. Only if the dealer wishes, they'd email monthly updates with your sequence number in queue.
- If you don't take accessories and insurance from them, they will not allocate a vehicle earlier than the stated waiting period, and rather look for those who are ready to pay for accessories and insurance in exchange for an immediate purchase (no booking).
- Last moment thrill is when they call you to inform that a vehicle has been allocated but ask to make full payment without PDI, while giving a fake warning that they'd allocate the vehicle to someone else if you don't pay in full immediately.
morphique is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 18:17   #2264
BHPian

Anyone has feedback on Seltos Petrol DCT's fuel efficiency? Mine is 2 months old and has hardly crossed 1350 km mark. Recently, I observed that the car is giving an average of lower single digits. I have asked my driver to change the driving style. Additionally, have also asked him to drive using eco mode to see if there is any tangible difference to the fuel economy.
youknowitbetter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:43   #2265
BHPian

One of my friend is planning to go ahead with the HTK+ variant with the 1.5 Petrol. However, I would like to request the owners to respond to some of my queries.

1) Has the brake issue been rectified by Kia? I can't see any new entries in the brake problem thread of Seltos since 2020.

2) What is the fuel efficiency that the 1.5 Petrol MT will give? The salesman said 16kmpl in the city and 19 on the highway. I know a lot depends upon the driving style, but owners insights would be useful.

3) Any other issues I should be aware of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks