Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2021, 22:35   #1771
BHPian

I am having 2 issues in my Seltos gtx dct plus (bought in Dec 2019).

First one relates to km/litre reading which has vanished and I am seeing transmission temperature instead.

The second issue relates to voice recognition. One week back while driving, I said the word 'dekho' to my wife regarding how the guy on the 2 wheeler was driving. Suddenly, I realized I am getting an audio message from the head unit that it didn't understand what I was saying. I never knew that 2019 seltos had it and haven't been able to activate it again.

Request inputs / guidance from fellow Seltos owners.
civic-dk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 23:31   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
The second issue relates to voice recognition. One week back while driving, I said the word 'dekho' to my wife regarding how the guy on the 2 wheeler was driving. Suddenly, I realized I am getting an audio message from the head unit that it didn't understand what I was saying. I never knew that 2019 seltos had it and haven't been able to activate it again.

Request inputs / guidance from fellow Seltos owners.
That would be Android auto which keeps 'hearing' imaginary words while you're talking and tries to participate in the conversation

To activate, you could say 'Hey Google'
Or
Press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel (top left corner button on the left side of the wheel)
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 12:06   #1773
MCR
BHPian

Any 1.4 Turbo Manual transmission owners here?
I am considering the GTX+ Manual transmission variant. I am yet to take a TD of the same, since most dealerships have the DCT variant only for the TD. The dealership has promised a TD this Friday.
Is the clutch light and gear shift throws short? Also are the gates well defined? I don't want to end up with a notchy gearbox and a bad clutch combo, as it takes away the fun of driving.
The other cars I have in contention are the Creta SX(O) Diesel Manual and the Harrier XT Plus.
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:08   #1774

What are your views with the dieseltronic installation? is it worth it, how much of a difference in drive wrt city and highway
Any other change post its installation
vshar126 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 18:57   #1775
BHPian

Here is the detailed video on the updated 2021 Seltos!

Was quite disappointed to see that they didn't add another variant in Diesel AT and there will be a price difference of around 4L between HTK+ Diesel AT and GTX+ Diesel AT and I feel that they could have introduced HTX Diesel AT to fill the gap between HTK+ and GTX+ so that people can prefer buying this variant instead of spending an extra 2L on GTX+!

I'm at least happy that they've added extra safety features from the HTX variant but sad to see that they didn't add those features in HTK+, which is quite disappointing and that too, even after adding some kit like the sunroof, FATC in iMT variant!

They could have added a fully loaded Diesel MT top-end with 6 airbags in order to compete with its cousin, Creta, and others like Hector, Harrier, and what's irony is, even its cheaper sibling, the Sonet is getting a fully loaded Diesel MT top-end version with 6 airbags while the Seltos is getting HTX+ with 2 airbags as the top-end version in Diesel MT!

And, I see that they didn't add paddle shifters in the HTX IVT variant, which is quite disappointing!

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 26th April 2021 at 18:59.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 17:11   #1776
BHPian

I got a rolling sound when driving at crawling speeds on rough roads within the city. Hence brought it to the notice of the ASC who did a road test and diagnosed it as sound coming from near the steering column motor. They took the car and have lubricated the same. I am yet to extensively drive the car to see if its sorted. In case of recurrence, the service centre has assured to replace some parts under warranty.
Hope it gets sorted.
gotoguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 19:38   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Any 1.4 Turbo Manual transmission owners here?
I am considering the GTX+ Manual transmission variant. I am yet to take a TD of the same, since most dealerships have the DCT variant only for the TD. The dealership has promised a TD this Friday.
Is the clutch light and gear shift throws short? Also are the gates well defined? I don't want to end up with a notchy gearbox and a bad clutch combo, as it takes away the fun of driving.
The other cars I have in contention are the Creta SX(O) Diesel Manual and the Harrier XT Plus.
Hello MCR, "Go For It", if you are one of the guys who supports the saying "You drive a manual car and an automatic car drives you" , then this ones for you.

Pros:
- Super fun to drive.
- Smooth Gearshift and Clutch is super light but the travel is pretty long. I guess if you have driven Hyundai cars earlier you would know.

Con's:
- Second gear gets slightly underpowered due to the turbo lag, you might want to shift to 1st at times, this is not a major concern though you would get used to it fast.
- I noticed that when I did a bit of offroading, or in steep climbs, the traction control underpowers the engine and I ended up switching it off (I am not sure of the behavior of the Automatic model during these situations)
- Once in 6th gear, the gear sticks out like a sore thumb, somehow it doesn't seem to be in proportion.

Forget the Con's, it's a superb combination of a punchy engine with a good gearbox, I would definitely recommend it.
ThatCarGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 14:08   #1778
BHPian

Kia Seltos HTK plus spotted with updated Kia logo, there are few changes to the existing variant.

vvivek85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 18:09   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Kia Seltos HTK plus spotted with updated Kia logo, there are few changes to the existing variant.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=5ZvnQDX_yd4
I hope they have got their ABS calibration correct and there is no brick like pedal now. Else no point of putting new logos and adding features in my opinion
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 22:46   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=5ZvnQDX_yd4
Has the company removed Rear discs from the HTK+ variant? Cannot be seen in the video.
Muscle Boyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 00:28   #1781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Boyy View Post
Has the company removed Rear discs from the HTK+ variant? Cannot be seen in the video.
Rear disc brakes are available on the diesel variant only, on the HT line. The turbo petrol receives disc brakes all around.

The car in the video is a NA petrol version.

Edit: There's no major change in the feature list as was speculated earlier. The only addition is the remote start.

As was apparent in the leaked brochure pics, the sunroof and automatic climate control have been added on the iMT variant of HTK+.

While the sunroof was not welcome, they should have made the ACC standard across HTK+.

Last edited by ashis89 : 30th April 2021 at 00:34.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 17:42   #1782

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
As was apparent in the leaked brochure pics, the sunroof and automatic climate control have been added on the iMT variant of HTK+.

While the sunroof was not welcome, they should have made the ACC standard across HTK+.
What’s even more mind boggling is the fact that a lot of these features being added in HTK+ are meant for IMT version. There’s no mention of HTK+ AT(torque converter). Isn’t torque converter a better and costly technology in essence than IMT? I’m not able to comprehend that chart at all.
v_square is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 08:44   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Updated Kia Seltos added features and price list

Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1619838776875.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1619838780516.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:59   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Updated Kia Seltos added features and price list

Attachment 2150991

Attachment 2150992

Source
Any idea if they have added ACC in the HTK+ iMT model?
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:23   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Any idea if they have added ACC in the HTK+ iMT model?
HTK+ iMT model is equipped with ACC and other iMT only features include

- Electric Sunroof with LED room Lamps
- Premium Fabric Seats Beige
- Fully automatic temperature control with Silver Garnish
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks