Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2021, 16:18   #1726
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Can some one please let me know the windshield washer fluid reservoir capacity of Seltos. I wanted to fill it with Sonax Clear view but not sure how much concentrate should I mix with water.

There is no information on this in the Car manual nor anywhere on the internet.

Thanks
Vijay
Old 13th March 2021, 20:25   #1727
Distinguished - BHPian

My uncle has picked up base model Kia Seltos. The dealer has offered to do anti rat meshing for 3k. As per them, only top end Seltos comes with meshes from the factory. Is this true ?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 20:51   #1728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Can some one please let me know the windshield washer fluid reservoir capacity of Seltos. I wanted to fill it with Sonax Clear view but not sure how much concentrate should I mix with water.

There is no information on this in the Car manual nor anywhere on the internet.

Thanks
Vijay
More than 1.5 litres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
My uncle has picked up base model Kia Seltos. The dealer has offered to do anti rat meshing for 3k. As per them, only top end Seltos comes with meshes from the factory. Is this true ?
Sounds like a nice folk tale.

Honestly, I haven't heard any such thing during my 4 services done across 4 different services. Had it been true, many of them would be offering this. Instead they offer 3M anti-rodent spray.

The manual also doesn't talk of any such features available on top variants.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 21:44   #1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys,

Is Kia planning to give mild update to Seltos this year? I've heard from someone that the Kia is planning to give mild update to the Seltos by giving additional safety features in HTX and HTX+(both AT and MT), panoramic sunroof and wireless Carplay.

I hope that Kia will improve the structure of the Seltos or Sonet as it had scored 3 stars in GNCAP crash results.
I'm currently waiting for my HTX IVT and the sales guy just called today and asked if I wanted the anniversary edition (apparently they are discontinuing the model this month and the wait time given by kia dropped to 3-4 weeks as opposed to 14-15 weeks for the regular IVT).
I asked him about the facelift and he said if there was such a facelift, it won't be a small affair. Kia would make a big deal.
He said he knew someone from the sales training dept and said would get back to me. He called an hour later saying kia is definitely working on a face-lift (where the main improvements would be a panoramic sunroof and ESP in the HTX varient) but it won't be till 2022.
This is still not official news. Just rumours. Don't base your car buying decision on this info.
pra2seven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 08:49   #1730

Hi all, facing a weird issue with my HTX IVT. The air purifier has the AQI stuck at 0, even when the windows are down. Went to my kia A.S.S. who tried swapping the filter and did a reset of the center console - the AQI is still 0. Have any of you faced such an issue? Any hypotheses?
Old 14th March 2021, 12:25   #1731
BHPian

Update on the squeaky noise from the rear-suspension: Applying grease also didn’t work-out and the noise came back to haunt me. I immediately had reported this to the same service center and Mr. Kumar (AGM Aftersales) from Car Kia confirmed on reporting this to the manufacturer and take their confirmation on replacing the “rear suspension trailing arm bush”, which was finally confirmed by Kia for a replacement.

While the part hardly costs approx. Rs 2,000 for a pair; the amount of frustration it caused all this while, was immeasurable.

Replacement of the part hardly takes less than a day; while the twist in this endeavor was – the special tool used by Kia to remove these bushes from the rear-axle just broke-away. These bushes were so tightly fitted, that even the tool succumbed to death. And now the service center had to transport the rear-axle to a lathe machine vendor, to replace those bushes. This took almost 1-day to complete and I had to pick up the car the very next day. Finally, the car is running smoothly sans the frustrating noise. Have confirmed to the service center; I would be observing this for a while and report back if there are any issues.

Thanks to Kumar for helping me take snapshots of the trailing arm bushes for the benefit of a larger audience here (attached).

Kia Seltos : Official Review-kia-1.jpeg
Kia Seltos : Official Review-kia-2.jpeg
Kia Seltos : Official Review-kia-3.jpeg

Meanwhile, Kumar did confirm the steps suggested by Kia, if customers complain of similar issues in their cars:

1. If a customer reports "suspension squeaky noise" for the first time; the action plan is to spray a lubricant on the trailing arm bushes.
2. If the same customer comes-back the second time complaining about the same issue; the action plan is to apply grease on the same area (trailing arm bushes).
3. If the same customer again comes-back for the third time with the same issue; the action plan is to request for a replacement of the trailing arm bushes.

Please do review your cars for any noise from the suspension area and report it to your nearest service center. This will also help Kia to review their quality check parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
I own the 1.4 Turbo Petrol GTX+ (manual) 2019 Nov model and have been experiencing squeaky noise from the rear-suspension which penetrates inside the cabin whenever the car goes over a pothole/speed-breaker. The noise is worse when the car is fully loaded. I had it checked at my 3rd service interval (1-year/10k km) at Car Kia Gachibowli, Hyderabad. The issue was resolved by lubricating the suspension bolt with some WD-40 like spray. But the issue was encountered again in just a month. This time I went with a list of issues:

1. Squeaky rear-suspension noise continues.
2. Software upgrade (Hello Kia) availability for 2019 models.
3. Headlight long-range poor visibility.

With new management "Kumar (AGM Aftersales)" and "Rakesh Reddy (Service Manager)" at Car Kia Hyderabad, I was told the following by them.

Mine has been lubricated with grease, let’s see how long does this lasts. My request, please do notice if similar noise is experienced in your cars.

Yet I don’t feel confident while night-driving at higher speeds on highways, the throw is very short.
pankajparikh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 15:37   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pra2seven View Post
He called an hour later saying kia is definitely working on a face-lift (where the main improvements would be a panoramic sunroof and ESP in the HTX varient) but it won't be till 2022.
This is still not official...
Oh man! You're killing me I have been waiting eagerly for Kia to introduce panaromic sun roof so that I can pick it over Creta
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:03   #1733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy_2906 View Post
Hi, the smell comes only when I switch the AC on and after 2 minutes the smell goes away.
Try this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3234585 (Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC)

Also, after that, make sure your turn off the AC and run it in blower mode for the last 5 minutes before you park the car. Intention being to make sure the coil and other wet parts dry up before you park. Leaving them wet can cause fungus/bacteria build up which causes it to smell.
Salil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 22:42   #1734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salil View Post
Try this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3234585 (Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC)

Also, after that, make sure your turn off the AC and run it in blower mode for the last 5 minutes before you park the car. Intention being to make sure the coil and other wet parts dry up before you park. Leaving them wet can cause fungus/bacteria build up which causes it to smell.
Thank you so much, will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I actually got the anti rat mesh in my vehicle during the 3rd free service. This does not come in the top model of Seltos.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th March 2021 at 14:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 16th March 2021, 13:25   #1735
BHPian

Is UVO app working fine for users here? Mine is not updating since 8th of March and I can see there is no signal of UVO on infotainment display of car either.
Old 16th March 2021, 14:05   #1736
BHPian

Its working fine. Whenever it did not work, tried the following and it worked.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4691751 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy_2906 View Post
I actually got the anti rat mesh in my vehicle during the 3rd free service. This does not come in the top model of Seltos.
Can you please share some pictures to get an idea.
Thanks

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th March 2021 at 14:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
gotoguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 16:10   #1737

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Its working fine. Whenever it did not work, tried the following and it worked.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4691751 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

Can you please share some pictures to get an idea.
Thanks
Sure, I will share the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_0420.png  

Carguy_2906 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 19:08   #1738

Took delivery of a Seltos GTX+ DCT Gravity Grey on Monday

Like all the new Seltos cars, ours got fitted with JK Tyre Royale

However, I noticed that the tyres though are brand new, bear a manufacturing year of 2017!

I pointed this out to the manager as well, initially, he argued quoting that KIA has not even launched their cars in 2017, how come it can bear 2017 tyres

I tried explaining to him that it is possible to fit older manufactured tyres that the tyre company has a stock of

After a while, he too checked and confirmed that it is indeed a 2017 manufactured tyre and he is surprised too

But before jumping to conclusions, wanted to get a quick check from recent Seltos Owners if this is the case with their Seltos too!

Posting the pictures of the tyres for reference (Please let me know if I am looking at the wrong mark on the tyre)

Kia Seltos : Official Review-t1.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-t3.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-t4.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-t5.jpeg
Old 16th March 2021, 19:34   #1739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyboi View Post
I think you are looking at the wrong markings, can you get a clear image of the DOT marking that is seen in the upper right corner? Full image of those letters. The 2017 one you posted seems more to do with some licensing or some such.

Look at the first image in this link, it will be a 4 digit marking with the first two depicting the week number and the last 2 digits of the year.

https://www.tyrereview.com.au/tyre-a...s-manufactured

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2021 at 19:35.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 09:02   #1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think you are looking at the wrong markings, can you get a clear image of the DOT marking that is seen in the upper right corner? Full image of those letters. The 2017 one you posted seems more to do with some licensing or some such.

Look at the first image in this link, it will be a 4 digit marking with the first two depicting the week number and the last 2 digits of the year.

https://www.tyrereview.com.au/tyre-a...s-manufactured
Yes, you are right, my bad,

It is indeed a 21 manufactured tire

Added to my mistake, the SA also confirmed it is 2017 tyre looking at the same marking

Kia Seltos : Official Review-t6.jpeg
reddyboi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks