Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2023, 19:12   #2641
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Good you found it, I was so close to suggesting you drive the car in reverse all the time.

On a serious note, don't keep it on all the time, I found it to be very disorienting & once caused a brain fade for a spilt second.
neofromcapone is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 01:27   #2642
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Good you found it, I was so close to suggesting you drive the car in reverse all the time.

On a serious note, don't keep it on all the time, I found it to be very disorienting & once caused a brain fade for a spilt second.
It's going to be used by the driving instructor while my wife gets accustomed to driving this car
Old 2nd February 2023, 20:32   #2643
BHPian

Hello,

Has anyone got 90/100 watts or 130/100 watts halogen bulb installed with relay?
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:03   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Looks like the Facelift for Seltos 2023 was a no show at Autoexpo 2023. Any idea when it might be launched & should we wait for it?

I currently have a Seltos HTX IVT booking, with delivery in a month or two probably & contemplating if should wait for the newer version. Confused.
Changed my booking from htx IVT petrol to HTX Diesel TC after contemplating a lot on the drive experience & will be doing PDI soon as some stock seems to have arrived at my dealer. Had to stretch a lil bit on budget.

Anything apart from PDI checklist to review ?

Regardless of govt regulations or BS6 phase 2, I just loved the Diesel engine + torque converter & adding a bit of fuel efficiency isnt bad. Hopefully I can use this gem of engine for atleast 5 years minimum without bureaucrats deciding against ICE engines ..
Old 4th February 2023, 15:22   #2645
BHPian

My fellow BHPians, I did PDI of vehicle today at stockyard & in the PDI I noticed unaligned/panel gap at the bonnet. The sales executive tried to downplay it , but Im not convinced. Apart from that everything else was OK within the vehicle per PDI checklist.

I then checked a few of other seltos from my friends & service vehicles , none of this type of gap exist with other vehicles.

Attached are the pictures, Please advice if this is acceptable or to wait for another allotment .
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-photo_20230204_151857-2.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-photo_20230204_151857-3.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-photo_20230204_151857-4.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-photo_20230204_151857-5.jpg  

CosmicGeneral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 14:25   #2646
BHPian

Looks like bonnet can be adjusted to make panel gap even. Need not reject allotment.

Last edited by harshbhat : 6th February 2023 at 14:26. Reason: Added additional point
Old 6th February 2023, 16:23   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Looks like bonnet can be adjusted to make panel gap even. Need not reject allotment.
I asked the Sales exec to get a technical person to inspect and see if it can be aligned properly before I can proceed. They are verifying currently & will let me know.

How do they make these adjustments & what can cause it ? Any idea

I want to make sure there isnt any other damage or replacement that could have caused it.
Old 7th February 2023, 08:30   #2648
BHPian

Bonnet can be aligned by adjusting at the hinges. Service centre guys will do it.
harshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 14:19   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Bonnet can be aligned by adjusting at the hinges. Service centre guys will do it.
Thanks for the inputs mate, they got the vehicle to the showroom & have now aligned the bonnet apart from that all of the PDI checks were fine. I rechecked & now it looks aligned properly. I will be proceeding further with the same vehicle.
Old 13th February 2023, 11:03   #2650
BHPian

Since KIA uses LNT for the diesel engines, Will there be issue with existing vehicles for the RDE / BS6 Phase 2 compliance ?

I feel I should have waited for the new RDE complaint engines that are launching in 2023 March. :(
Old 15th February 2023, 11:30   #2651
BHPian

Hi,
I am getting my Kia Seltos next week. Booked day before car was available in stock. Just wanted to know how much would it cost to Ceramic coat it
Old 15th February 2023, 11:45   #2652
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Hi,
I am getting my Kia Seltos next week. Booked day before car was available in stock. Just wanted to know how much would it cost to Ceramic coat it
I think it should be around 65K-70K. I would recommend going with PPF which will cost almost the same.
PPF completely avoids small scratches and dings and has self healing properties.
You can read up the PPF and Ceramic coating threads on TBHP.

Last edited by MCR : 15th February 2023 at 11:57. Reason: Typo
Old 15th February 2023, 13:20   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I think it should be around 65K-70K. I would recommend going with PPF which will cost almost the same.
Are you sure? PPF quoted at few centers is 1lac+ minimum. While Ceramic coating is around 25-35k.
Old 15th February 2023, 14:00   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Are you sure? PPF quoted at few centers is 1lac+ minimum. While Ceramic coating is around 25-35k.
Thanks for sharing. Will definitely check both. I don't think I can spend 1L for PPF. Would rather stick to ceramic coating
Old 15th February 2023, 14:18   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Thanks for sharing. Will definitely check both. I don't think I can spend 1L for PPF. Would rather stick to ceramic coating
Apologies I stand corrected.

For Seltos PPF ranges from 70-1lac depending on the detailer . I'm looking at getting it done too, still looking at pros vs cons for both ceramic & PPF.

Ceramic coating = cheaper, requires maintenance & detailers also highlighted that the vehicle needs to be washed in certain way to maintain the coating.

PPF coating = pricey , has the issue of yellowing over time if vehicle is light colored .

Any recommendations from TeamBHP folks from bangalore here would be good help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks