Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 12:13   #2671
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Finally android auto gets full screen option. After the latest Android Auto update, this is how the info-entertainment screen looks on my HTX+
Are you using wireless android auto?
Old 10th March 2023, 12:16   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Are you using wireless android auto?
Yes, I use the adapter from AA wireless, the full screen update works on both wired and wireless.

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 18:59   #2673
BHPian

I have bought myself a Seltos GTX+ 1.5 D AT last Jan and it has been a fantastic ownership till now. I'm used to driving the Honda's 1.5 i-DTEC and find this 1.5 CRDI more refined when it comes to NVH. Both of them are easy to drive and have all the grunt to keep us moving in the slow city traffic.

My question to the D AT folks is how you manage to keep the vehicle in higher gear. For example, 5th gear when driving at a 40 KMPH speed. This gear box drops to 4th gear as soon as the speed reaches say 48 KMPH and similarly drops the gear to 5th from 6th when driving at a speed just shy of 59 KMPH. Should we use the Eco mode? I see it a bit lethargic, and the manual mode doesn't help as it still drops the gear to prevent from knocking.

Some clicks of my beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-2bf0607fd47a4358939f2ec49a03f35e.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-addba5f619bd431fb3aef5dc2fbeb6e5.jpeg  

Last edited by saisree : 10th March 2023 at 19:06.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 20:32   #2674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
My question to the D AT folks is how you manage to keep the vehicle in higher gear. For example, 5th gear when driving at a 40 KMPH speed. This gear box drops to 4th gear as soon as the speed reaches say 48 KMPH and similarly drops the gear to 5th from 6th when driving at a speed just shy of 59 KMPH. Should we use the Eco mode? I see it a bit lethargic, and the manual mode doesn't help as it still drops the gear to prevent from knocking.

Some clicks of my beauty.
Eco mode can do what you are looking for. It shifts to higher gear pretty quickly.
Old 11th March 2023, 11:38   #2675
BHPian

You can use paddle shifters also as it will give you a greater control in terms of the gear shifts. I do it in my GTX+. Mine is a petrol version and I am not sure if diesel is offered with paddle shifters.
Old 13th March 2023, 15:36   #2676
BHPian

Hi. I am considering purchasing a new Kia Seltos, will the experts advise between petrol and diesel for a 6MT transmission. I test drove both, and prefer the diesel. However, my use of the vehicle is going to be limited. About 7,000km/year - mostly long trips. Plus long durations of non use - up to 2 months in some cases. All advice will be appreciated.

Also, I am planning to get manual seats. And I noticed there is a steel bracket, which is mostly empty, under the seat. Can this bracket be removed - after reconnecting all the wires? I am hoping to slip a small subwoofer under the seat.

Thanks in advance
Old 13th March 2023, 18:08   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hi. I am considering purchasing a new Kia Seltos, will the experts advise between petrol and diesel for a 6MT transmission. I test drove both, and prefer the diesel. However, my use of the vehicle is going to be limited. About 7,000km/year - mostly long trips. Plus long durations of non use - up to 2 months in some cases. All advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
7K Kms a year should be Petrol for sure. Diesel doesn't make sense unless you are sold to the Diesel Torque.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 02:36   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Eco mode can do what you are looking for. It shifts to higher gear pretty quickly.
Did you mean Sports mode ?

Finally got delivery of my Seltos Diesel AT. Too early to comment for overall ownership experience , but loving the drive so far !
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-56ty45eed.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th March 2023 at 03:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
CosmicGeneral is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 08:40   #2679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Did you mean Sports mode ?

Finally got delivery of my Seltos Diesel AT. Too early to comment for overall ownership experience , but loving the drive so far !
Congratulations! Wish you many happy miles!

I meant the eco mode, as OP wants to shift to higher gear sooner. Sports mode would do the opposite.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:57   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Eco mode seems to do the trick. It up shifts quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
You can use paddle shifters also as it will give you a greater control in terms of the gear shifts. I do it in my GTX+. Mine is a petrol version and I am not sure if diesel is offered with paddle shifters.
Paddle shifter doesn’t allow you to upshift until you reach the necessary speed. Will try again.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 14:31   #2681
BHPian

Seeking recommendations for 360 degree camera after market fitment.

Any suggestions for a 360 degree camera for Kia Seltos? I have a GTX that did not come with 360 cam and having used this feature in my other car, I realise the usefulness and would like to get one for my 3+ year old Seltos.

Please help!
Old 21st March 2023, 13:40   #2682
BHPian

Hi fellow BHP'ians,

So I own a Seltos GTX plus DCT 1.4 turbo petrol which is now about 4 years old.
Not too long ago, (well it has been over a year almost) I noticed that the Transmission Temperature of the gearbox tends to go up pretty quick while in traffic.
I live in Delhi and mostly commute within the city and as we all know, city traffic is literally bumper-to-bumper like 95% of the time in the day.

When I approached the Service center with regards to this issue, they told me that its like a warning for the gearbox heating and the only solution is to drive the car using the creep function in traffic times and to disengage the gearbox while standing still i.e. shift the gear to N (neutral).

I have been trying this for a while and though it does help a bit in keeping the transmission temperature bar in the white color range (rather that in the Yellow or worse, RED color range) its highly inconvenient to drive like this on a daily basis. It sometimes almost feels like I'm driving a manual transmission car, constantly shifting the gear from D to N to back to D and so on.

In fact the car's transmission temperature has gone to RED in 2 previous instances while driving, and in those cases, we had to stop the car on the side of the road for like 5-7 minutes to let the gearbox cool down. That was pretty ridiculous for a car from a brand like Kia. This also made me think whether or not this DCT gearbox was actually MADE FOR INDIA(N) traffic conditions or not.

Have any of you experienced this problem, or is it specifically with me? Because if that's the case, then maybe the car I have has this problem.

Would really appreciate some input and help on this matter from the community.
Thanks in advance.
Old 21st March 2023, 15:12   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post

So I own a Seltos GTX plus DCT 1.4 turbo petrol which is now about 4 years old.
Not too long ago, (well it has been over a year almost) I noticed that the Transmission Temperature of the gearbox tends to go up pretty quick while in traffic.

Have any of you experienced this problem, or is it specifically with me? Because if that's the case, then maybe the car I have has this problem.

Would really appreciate some input and help on this matter from the community.
Thanks in advance.
You are not the only one with infamous DCT overheating issue and it is not specific to Seltos. Here's TBHP thread for more details..

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...tos-dct-4.html (Serious gearbox issue in my Kia Seltos DCT)
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 20:33   #2684
BHPian

Question to the experts:
How much can i expect to get for a well maintained, niggle-free 2019 Kia Seltos 1.4 GTX DCT (Not GTX Plus & hence does not have Bose speaker set up, Ventilated seats, Sunroof, Electric seat adjustments & 360 cam) with under 15k kilometres & a clean history in the resale market (Extended warranty till Oct-2024)?

Note to mods: Please move this post if this is irrelevant here, please.

Last edited by car-o-holic : 27th March 2023 at 20:33. Reason: Include a note to mods
Old 31st March 2023, 04:44   #2685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Question to the experts:
How much can i expect to get for a well maintained, niggle-free 2019 Kia Seltos 1.4 GTX DCT (Not GTX Plus & hence does not have Bose speaker set up, Ventilated seats, Sunroof, Electric seat adjustments & 360 cam) with under 15k kilometres & a clean history in the resale market (Extended warranty till Oct-2024)?

Note to mods: Please move this post if this is irrelevant here, please.
If you plan to sell to used car portals or dealers then quote from cars24 could be a good yardstick. Direct sale to an individual may fetch more depending on your negotiating power.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks