Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 22:49   #2656
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hello Folks.
I drive a Seltos HTX D AT (May 2022 manufactured) currently with odo at 14k

There are 4 issues I need assistance with:
1. During slow speeds, if I press the accelerator (no sudden inputs), there is some jerk which I experience, like engine is missing. The car remains in the same gear but jerks for a while. All this happens below 2k rpm.

2. In third gear around 1500-2000rpm, the downshift to second is quite jerky. (The accelerator input is moderate to catch up the moving vehicle ahead.)

3. When I engage reverse gear and car is stationary, there are vibrations which are felt. These were not present before. (Breaks fully pressed)

4. The engine rpm fluctuates at idle. I have shared a video recording of the same with service centre. But as there are no fault codes and the problem did not occur in their presence, they could not do much. It has happened quite a number of times now.

Last edited by gk.93 : 17th February 2023 at 22:52.
Old 18th February 2023, 18:33   #2657
BHPian

Hi gk.93,

I have the same same car, same month & year, hope yours isn't a black color
I had the problem 1 & 4, the 3 problem was not as bad as you are facing.
This happened after I changed the engine oil at 10,000 kms.

But all these were due to a new BP fuel station. I changed back to my old pump and all has been fine.

I only do full tanks and stop at the first auto cutoff, the last time I noticed fuel wasn't flowing smoothly and I did a tankful to the brim, to ensure all air is out of the tank.

Try these and let us know if there is any improvements.
Old 24th February 2023, 15:54   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
4. The engine rpm fluctuates at idle. I have shared a video recording of the same with service centre. But as there are no fault codes and the problem did not occur in their presence, they could not do much. It has happened quite a number of times now.
There can be many reasons causing rpm fluctuations at idle state involving fuel, spark plug, fuel pump, throttle body, injectors etc. It is a tedious process to check and identify all of that. If you know an experienced mechanic, then he can help to diagnose the issue with a test drive.
Old 24th February 2023, 21:11   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Anyone seeing odd behaviors with the MyKia app on iOS? I just opened the app after a long time and got multiple 404 errors. Once the errors settled down, I could see the details of a completely different car in my app. It's showing all the details like VIN No, Engine No, Registration details, insurance details, warranty status of a completely different car. The login information shows my account details correctly but a completely different car is tagged to my account. This is a pretty serious issue, I'm going to escalate this with Kia. I'm pretty sure that my car details will be seen by someone else in their app.

Edit: I relaunched the app multiple times and I can now see the details of my car. This is pretty bizarre. How can some random car can just show up in my account with all the details exposed I'm still going to escalate this with Kia. Looks like no data is securely stored in their cloud backend.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 24th February 2023 at 21:13.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 11:28   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Are you sure? PPF quoted at few centers is 1lac+ minimum. While Ceramic coating is around 25-35k.
Ceramic coating at that price would be sensible, wouldn't suggest ppf for 50k also, can paint the dented or scratched panel when it does for 10% of that cost obviously, I would do ppf only on say maybe a Lamborghini or Ferrari where the color is really tough to match.
Old 26th February 2023, 16:26   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Anyone seeing odd behaviors with the MyKia app on iOS? I just opened the app after a long time and got multiple 404 errors. Once the errors settled down, I could see the details of a completely different car in my app. It's showing all the details like VIN No, Engine No, Registration details, insurance details, warranty status of a completely different car. The login information shows my account details correctly but a completely different car is tagged to my account. This is a pretty serious issue

How can some random car can just show up in my account with all the details exposed

I have all the above issues in the my KIA iOS app. It shows some MH registered 2022 car and mine is 2023 car. Warrants details, service details are all blank. When I click on My Kia the app crashes. I have to use some skill to capture the data that is shown before it crashes. I wrote to KIA and it was sent to my dealer. Dealer called me and I explained them the issues and they are returning back with the solution for the past 5 days.

I used to have the Honda connect app and it was pretty decent.
Old 26th February 2023, 17:54   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Anyone seeing odd behaviors with the MyKia app on iOS? I just opened the app after a long time and got multiple 404 errors. Once the errors settled down, I could see the details of a completely different car in my app. It's showing all the details like VIN No, Engine No, Registration details, insurance details, warranty status of a completely different car. The login information shows my account details correctly but a completely different car is tagged to my account. This is a pretty serious issue, I'm going to escalate this with Kia. I'm pretty sure that my car details will be seen by someone else in their app.

Edit: I relaunched the app multiple times and I can now see the details of my car. This is pretty bizarre. How can some random car can just show up in my account with all the details exposed I'm still going to escalate this with Kia. Looks like no data is securely stored in their cloud backend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I have all the above issues in the my KIA iOS app. It shows some MH registered 2022 car and mine is 2023 car. Warrants details, service details are all blank. When I click on My Kia the app crashes. I have to use some skill to capture the data that is shown before it crashes. I wrote to KIA and it was sent to my dealer. Dealer called me and I explained them the issues and they are returning back with the solution for the past 5 days.

I used to have the Honda connect app and it was pretty decent.
This has been an issue since Day 1. I have reported this multiple times in 2019 and 2020. Finally gave up and use offline means to get any data about my car. For example, my location was tagged to a Hyderabad dealer just because I did my 2nd service there. Whenever I try to book a service appointment it sets it at Hyd. The Bangalore dealer hasn't been able to solve it since 2020.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 15:06   #2663
BHPian

Have any Seltos onwers upgraded their tires from 205/65 R 16 to 215/65 R16?

I am curious how that worked out. TIA.
Old 27th February 2023, 15:32   #2664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Have any Seltos onwers upgraded their tires from 205/65 R 16 to 215/65 R16?

I am curious how that worked out. TIA.
It is close to a year and 16k kms now since I am running my Seltos on 215/65 R16 Continental CrossContact LX2 tyres.

Negatives:

1. Increased body roll, less confidence in turns (needs getting used to)
2. Car feels a little sluggish in the first couple of days
3. Expensive tyre prices
4. Marginally more spray from the tyres to the door sides

Positives:

1. Improved ground clearance
2. Softer ride due to increased sidewall
3. Better tyre options (subjective)
4. Due to #2 above, much better braking, grip and silent tyres
5. Beefier looks
6. These tyres barely lose 1 PSi in >4 weeks time. No punctures till date

I wrote a mini-review here and then here.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 15:27   #2665
BHPian

Heard on FM radio that a discount between 50k to 1 lac is available on Seltos. Is it true? or is this a dealer specific offer?
Old 1st March 2023, 15:31   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Heard on FM radio that a discount between 50k to 1 lac is available on Seltos. Is it true? or is this a dealer specific offer?
This is true, a big ad came in the newspaper also recently. May be applicable for unsold 2022 stock, not sure.
Old 1st March 2023, 15:38   #2667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
The radio and paper ad mention about offer applicable on available 2022 models. I had posted about it on some other thread weeks ago.
Old 9th March 2023, 16:00   #2668
BHPian

Anyone got info about UVO/Kia Connect subscription? I believe it was free for 3 years, is it extended or do we have to pay?
Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 20:15   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Anyone got info about UVO/Kia Connect subscription? I believe it was free for 3 years, is it extended or do we have to pay?
Thanks
You can renew it after the free subscription ends, here is the Link
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:21   #2670
BHPian

Finally android auto gets full screen option. After the latest Android Auto update, this is how the info-entertainment screen looks on my HTX+
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230306210530.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230306210552.jpg  

vijay_k is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks