Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2020, 17:23   #1156
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Have any of the Kia Seltos owners faced an issue with the TPMS? I own a Seltos GTX+ D AT from Feb-20 and while the car did ~1000 kms in the 1st month, usage has been negligible since lockdown started. I take the car out once every week for a 15-20 km drive over the weekend. Tire pressure as per the display has always been in the 30-32 range during this period.

Last week when i took the car out, i got the attached TPMS message highlighting that pressure on 2 tyres was low (readings showed 29 and 30 respectively)(See attached image). Not wanting to take a chance, i immediatelly topped up all tires to 33, however that error did not go. I checked with the sales advisor who said that it sometimes may take 15-20 kms, or 30 mins of driving post filling air for this error to go, and if it doesnt, to go to the service station (who may reset the TPMS).

It's over a week now and the error persists (have driven for ~40 kms since i topped up the air, over 2-3 days). The UVO app shows TPMS is working fine (green color against it in the "Vehicle Health Report" section)

While i intend to take the car to the service station to get this checked, curious to see if anyone else has faced something similar and how was this fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200703wa0001.jpeg  

Last edited by aroonanand : 12th July 2020 at 17:24. Reason: added specs
aroonanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 22:33   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post

While i intend to take the car to the service station to get this checked, curious to see if anyone else has faced something similar and how was this fixed?
Even though I don't have the same car from what I have read here in the thread as well as a few groups is that I think you have to top it up to 35 PSI and then bring down the pressure to 32-33 PSI to make the TPMS warning go away.
sv97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 12:42   #1158
BHPian

Hi, I am looking at the Seltos HTK+ Diesel AT variant and it looks value for money.
The only observation I have is - this variant lacks ESP, Traction control, hill hold assist, etc. How important are these in day-to-day situations? If these are missing, what are some of the situations where it might have been useful and the driver needs to be careful? Thanks!
Old 14th July 2020, 15:14   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Hi, I am looking at the Seltos HTK+ Diesel AT variant and it looks value for money.
The only observation I have is - this variant lacks ESP, Traction control, hill hold assist, etc. How important are these in day-to-day situations? If these are missing, what are some of the situations where it might have been useful and the driver needs to be careful? Thanks!
I could live without traction control and hill hold.

But ESP - That is a very difficult question to answer. To me it's like answering how important is a parachute on a cliff? It is if you plan to jump off, but if you're planning to trek down, not much.

These aren't convenience features or anything that will effect your daily city drive probably. Safety features like ESP probably wont kick in everyday, but when it will, it is probably saving your life - tough call!.

I see the lack of auto climate control another big let down in htk+, one of the main reasons I decided not to get Seltos.
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 17:53   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
Safety features like ESP probably wont kick in everyday, but when it will, it is probably saving your life - tough call!.
Thought so!
How difficult is it to give the market a Diesel with a torque converter and safety features. I mean, for 15.5L INR, I'm getting 2 airbags and no ESP! And that's our Car of the year!
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 18:57   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Just for the benefit of understanding ESP, this video from Skoda is probably one of the best ones I have come across explaining its concept and significance.
So, yes, it is truly dependent on whether you will encounter such a situation or not.

Quote:
I mean, for 15.5L INR, I'm getting 2 airbags and no ESP! And that's our Car of the year!
Agree. Ford Freestyle which is < 10L offers it today. BS4 Aspire offered the same in their automatic variant(Currently discontinued).

Regarding Hill hold assist, I had asked the same question to my friend who owns a Swift AMT. He was the opinion that he manages it easily with the handbrake. However, this question would be best answered by someone who had driven one without this feature and later upgraded to the one having this.
skarthiksr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 19:56   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Thought so!
How difficult is it to give the market a Diesel with a torque converter and safety features.
You can consider Creta AT. It has safety features standard in all the AT models (SX, SX-O). Kindly excuse if you have rejected it already for looks or higher price.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 20:21   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
You can consider Creta AT. It has safety features standard in all the AT models (SX, SX-O). Kindly excuse if you have rejected it already for looks or higher price.
Yes, I just checked them out but at more than 18.5L INR for the Creta SX or around 19.5L for the Seltos GT is way over the budget.
Old 15th July 2020, 00:10   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Only car which I can think of with all the above quoted safety features from the base variant onwards is Nissan Kicks. Issue is, it comes in Turbo petrol rather than diesel. And another thing is thin sales and service network.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:29   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Only car which I can think of with all the above quoted safety features from the base variant onwards is Nissan Kicks.
I had registered an interest on Nissan India website after checking your post. Today I received a call from Nissan and the gentleman on the phone started explaining me the safety features on the Kicks first - specifically the benefits of ESP.
I had to interrupt him and tell him about my frustration and this thread on Team-Bhp
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 17:44   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
However, this question would be best answered by someone who had driven one without this feature and later upgraded to the one having this.
It's always better to get a car with ESP and traction control, especially in our unpredictable road conditions. As for hill hold assist, even if it might sound like something which you can live without, once you've experienced it, there's no going back...trust me! I used to own a Vento 1.6 TDI which didn't have hill hold. Now I'm driving an XUV5OO AT with hill hold. It's just too damn convenient. My workplace is at Wayanad which is a ghat section. My home is around 250 kms from my workplace and I go home every weekend. Hill hold makes a world of a difference when you're driving on such roads, especially so when there's heavy traffic. Imagine having a bunch of trucks loaded to the brim ahead of you when you're on a narrow, winding, ascending road of a ghat section. Upon reaching a hairpin, all the trucks slow down. It could take a while for all the trucks to make the turn. You may have to wait your turn and each time the trucks slow down, you may have to halt. Now I have done these roads in a manual, an auto without hill hold assist and an auto with hill hold. While the former two are manageable, if given a choice, I would go for the latter one 10/10.
GKR9900 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 17:50   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
As for hill hold assist, even if it might sound like something which you can live without, once you've experienced it, there's no going back...trust me!.
Completely agree. I always thought that features like Hill Hold Assist, were only for automatics.

But once I experienced auto hill hold in my pre-worshipped VW Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, I realised that for cars with manual gearboxes, it is a real boon !

My OHC didnt have one, so for me this is a great feature to have.

The new 5th Gen Honda City is offering it even in the V Manual variant and I fully applaud this decision for a car that will cost Rs 13.42L OTR in BLR
Old 15th July 2020, 18:24   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
The new 5th Gen Honda City is offering it even in the V Manual variant and I fully applaud this decision for a car that will cost Rs 13.42L OTR in BLR
The 2018 version City CVT has this feature, but its not very consistent or maybe we are not sure how it works. It holds on smaller inclines, but the likes of office underground parking ramps, it slows down the descend backwards but wont hold the vehicle in place.
Old 15th July 2020, 21:32   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Hello 7,
Allow me to add to the confusion.
In my opinion, one should never compromise on safety. So the simplest advise is - Go for GTX+
The increase in price is around 3-3.5L. In emi terms, that's around 5k a month. Now you're a better judge if 5k a month is too high a price to pay for for life!

Will you need it?! No one knows,not even you. Its like health insurance. You pay it, but hope you never ever get to use it.

The other option, think if you need actually need the GC of the Seltos. You'll be surprised to know, you may not need it. In that case, go if for a sedan with all the safety you need.

Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:06   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Now I'm driving an XUV5OO AT with hill hold. It's just too damn convenient.Upon reaching a hairpin, all the trucks slow down. It could take a while for all the trucks to make the turn. You may have to wait your turn and each time the trucks slow down, you may have to halt. Now I have done these roads in a manual, an auto without hill hold assist and an auto with hill hold. While the former two are manageable, if given a choice, I would go for the latter one 10/10.
Yes Hill Hold is a handy feature. I just found this in Seltos' manual - see that Warning Note. They say Hill Hold is not a replacement for braking per se on a steep incline. Not sure how's it with XUV 500. They must be referring to full load condition on a steep incline.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200715220520_whatsapp.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks