Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2020, 22:45   #1261
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Any pointers? Will definitely be visiting Kia workshop tomorrow.
Try checking the owner's manual if you have it at the moment. It will surely help you out. Otherwise the service center will be the saviour!

Last edited by aah78 : 19th August 2020 at 08:07. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 14th August 2020, 09:49   #1262
BHPian

Tried connecting with the UVO app in the mobile to the car, connected after 2 tries.

Now the data from my trip, when the headunit shut down, is missing but the Headunit is working fine now.
Old 14th August 2020, 10:14   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
My Seltos' headunit has suddenly conked off. The touch buttons at the bottom are glowing and beeping upon touching them.However, there is no display and no sound.Any pointers? Will definitely be visiting Kia workshop tomorrow.
There's a small hole towards the bottom right of infotainment screen. Insert a pin to reset it. That may set things back in order. But if it's working only intermittently, it's better you take it up with ASS.
Old 15th August 2020, 19:40   #1264
BHPian

Is UVO down for anyone else?

It won't even log in, and says connection to server down. I have very strong and stable wifi at this point so the internet can't be the issue

Last edited by Stribog : 15th August 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Added details
Old 15th August 2020, 22:31   #1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

It won't even log in, and says connection to server down. I have very strong and stable wifi at this point so the internet can't be the issue
Works fine for me. Logged in 👍
Old 17th August 2020, 13:49   #1266
SS4
BHPian

Quote:

I faced the same log in issue today morning. UVO app displayed the message 'Connecting to server', making no progress.
On repeated attempts, the login screen was displayed.

Name:  IMG_0338.PNG
Views: 4926
Size:  9.4 KB

Earlier this month, I received a SMS from Kia India about resetting password if log in doesn't happen - which worked
The UVO app was already updated to the latest version in my case.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_0339.png
Old 18th August 2020, 13:46   #1267
BHPian

Is it possible to retrofit auto dimming IRVM's for HTK+ variant? Has anyone done it? I love this feature in my fathers Creta, it makes night driving so easy with less distractions.
Old 18th August 2020, 20:04   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 View Post
I faced the same log in issue today morning. UVO app displayed the message 'Connecting to server', making no progress.
On repeated attempts, the login screen was displayed.

Attachment 2043877
Seems to be working now. For you?

Also noticed something odd, on 3rd gear at 1k rpm car kept moving forward without acceleration inputs. This normal?
Old 18th August 2020, 20:26   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Is it possible to retrofit auto dimming IRVM's for HTK+ variant? Has anyone done it? I love this feature in my fathers Creta, it makes night driving so easy with less distractions.
Aftermarket auto-dim IRVMs can be installed in any car. They are available on Amazon.in & AliExpress. I have installed one in my Nexon (you'll find a DIY thread for that project on the forum) & its identical to the one that comes with the 2020 Harrier from factory. Its a simple process to install one & the benefits are huge. Do get it if you can.
Quote:
Also noticed something odd, on 3rd gear at 1k rpm car kept moving forward without acceleration inputs. This normal?
Generally its common in modern cars. Its just the ECU's anti-stall kicking in. Injecting fuel to keep the engine RPM maintained, resulting in the feeling of autonomous acceleration to some level.
Old 19th August 2020, 07:49   #1270
BHPian

Is it possible to install boot lamp without cutting wires in HTE variant? Also will it turn on automatically when we open boot?

Last edited by aah78 : 19th August 2020 at 08:07. Reason: Fixed.
Old 19th August 2020, 09:44   #1271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Is it possible to install boot lamp without cutting wires in HTE variant? Also will it turn on automatically when we open boot?
It shall be a costly affair, IMHO.

You'll need to replace the complete plastic panel that houses the boot lamp and also buy both the boot lamp and wiring harness.

I'll suggest you to try this: link to post. In that post, read through the second part where I've added a LED strip to the boot on the parcel tray.

You can also do the same by tapping the cabin light so the LED will switch ON everytime the doors/boot is opened. This should be easy and cheaper to do also.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 15:34   #1272
SS4
BHPian

Quote:
Seems to be working now. For you?
Yes, it’s all good after resetting the password.
Forgot the old one!
Old 20th August 2020, 15:52   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Aftermarket auto-dim IRVMs can be installed in any car. They are available on Amazon.in & AliExpress. I have installed one in my Nexon (you'll find a DIY thread for that project on the forum) & its identical to the one that comes with the 2020 Harrier from factory. Its a simple process to install one & the benefits are huge. Do get it if you can.

Generally its common in modern cars. Its just the ECU's anti-stall kicking in. Injecting fuel to keep the engine RPM maintained, resulting in the feeling of autonomous acceleration to some level.
Very interesting, thanks. Strange I didn't know about this till 7k kms
Old 21st August 2020, 10:25   #1274
BHPian

Google has updated Android 11 to enable Wireless Android Auto on any Android 11 phone.

Guess the HTK+ doesn't have inbuilt wifi 5ghz. Has anyone tried using a wifi adapter for this?

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...-phone-support
Old 21st August 2020, 12:10   #1275
Senior - BHPian

I took a test drive of the Kia Seltos GTX DCT a couple of days ago. Here is my experience.

Staff:
1) Courteous and attentive.
2) Test drive vehicle was readily available, albeit the GTX DCT variant. I was looking for the GTX plus, which wasn't on display.

Car External/Internal Impressions:
1) The car looks substantial in a closed ambience. On the road, different colours impart a different impact. The grey Seltos to me looks smaller than a white or black Seltos. On balance, I thought the White and Red Seltos looked better than others.
2) Car feels taut and well built.
3) Cabin of the GTX variants looks small, partly because of the all-black interior. The fit/finish is very good, better than my current Honda City.
4) Steering wheel feels a size smaller. But everything fits in well ergonomically.
5) I felt the boot seemed adequate in size.

Test Drive:
1) The car was sanitised only on my insistence after it had come back with another customer. This should have been done by default.
2) The car felt a bit jerky upon shifting from N to D. But once the pedal input was made, it was smooth.
3) The car definitely feels more powerful than say a Polo GT TSI or the Honda City, both of which I own.
4) The steering felt well weighted.
5) The suspension felt taut, rather than stiff. I felt the car to be a larger brother of the Polo TSI overall.
6) Didn't get a chance to exceed 80-90 kph, but the car seemed to be capable of doing high speeds in a jiffy.
7) The high set touchscreen and the information-intensive MID needs a bit of getting used to, especially after being used to MIDs like those of the City or the Polo. Not to mention the HUD, which seemed to be a bit of a distraction more than anything else.
8) Took the car to a short patch of a bad/ under developed road . Again, from a driver perspective, the car handled ok-not bone jarring as seems to be the perception. I also sat in the rear to experience what my parents might feel like- it wasn't plush, but it wasn't a deal-breaker.
9) The rear parcel shelf was rattling away over the bad road.

To sum up, the car feels well built, tech laden and fast.
I will take a TD of the Creta for comparison and then think of a future course of action.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 21st August 2020 at 12:16.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks