Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2020, 22:55   #1411

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Can anyone let me know the current waiting period for the Seltos?

I've booked an HTX in aurora black 45 days ago and the showroom still seems clueless about allotment. Saying that they have no update from the company. I understand that it might be a niche colour but no delivery date after 45 days of booking is a bit too much.

Any idea how I can escalate this? The Kia CC email only gives a standard reply. Anyone in Pune who has got Thiers delivered recently?
We got delivery of our HTX IVT in 3 weeks. Also got a discount and some freebies! 45 days seems very high, even the Sonet is being delivered in about a month and it’s a new launch
manu220194 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 01:21   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu220194 View Post
We got delivery of our HTX IVT in 3 weeks. Also got a discount and some freebies! 45 days seems very high, even the Sonet is being delivered in about a month and it’s a new launch

Wow you got discount? . No dealer is offering discounts as of now. Which dealer did you get it from? Maybe I can use that as leverage for accesories .
Old 26th October 2020, 07:24   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Wow you got discount? . No dealer is offering discounts as of now. Which dealer did you get it from? Maybe I can use that as leverage for accesories .
It was a dealer in Mumbai region, offered ~10K (small discount after lot of negotiation). Also threw in free antirust coating. The dealer in question has requested me to not share the name as they went out of the way to facilitate the discount. One tip will be to talk to multiple dealers - some are relatively more flexible than others, atleast in Mumbai.
manu220194 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:04   #1414
BHPian

I am planning to buy Seltos HTX+ diesel variant, should I wait for 2021 model? Would there be any changes like how they added a few features when they launched 2020 model.

Vijay
Old 27th October 2020, 14:30   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu220194 View Post

After raising an complaint with Kia customer care the showroom has sent me an email with Nov 20th as a tentative date. Which would make it a two month waiting period. Quite disappointing.
Old 27th October 2020, 22:55   #1416
BHPian

I booked Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT last week. I have been said the waiting period is 45 days.
For Black which is a niche color the company gives less priority as compared to White, Silver and Red.

And yes no discounts at any dealership as of now. Not even a single penny.

With huge bookings, i doubt any early delivery is possible
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 08:20   #1417

Is there an expected price change in January 2021?

Last year, the prices were increased from 1st January 2020. If the same happens this year as well, I don't think it would be worth waiting till 2021.
Old 28th October 2020, 08:22   #1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
I am planning to buy Seltos HTX+ diesel variant, should I wait for 2021 model? Would there be any changes like how they added a few features when they launched 2020 model.

Vijay

Last year, the prices were increased from 1st January 2020. If the same happens this year as well, I don't think it would be worth waiting till 2021.
Old 28th October 2020, 09:43   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaxander View Post

Last year few features were added and the prices were increased, if they do the same for 2021 model then surely the prices will increase. International model of Seltos comes with Panoramic Sun Roof, so thinking if they would introduce the same in India....
Old 28th October 2020, 13:31   #1420
BHPian

A question to Seltos owners - is there any official confirmation from Kia regarding extension of 3rd free service date? I purchased my Seltos in November 2019. For my second free service, I had got an extension from Kia and had got the same done by end of June, 2020. Do I have time till Dec end to get the 3rd free service done or should it be done within 1 year of the car's purchase date? It is only 4 months since the second free service and I would prefer getting it done in December. But I'm not sure if this is going to void the warranty as I have seen a clause which says warranty is valid if service is done as prescribed in the owner's manual.
Old 28th October 2020, 18:24   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Last year few features were added and the prices were increased, if they do the same for 2021 model then surely the prices will increase. International model of Seltos comes with Panoramic Sun Roof, so thinking if they would introduce the same in India....
This year there were 2 price revisions. One was from Jan 2020 onwards wherein they increased the prices by removing the introductory prices since Aug 2019 and later the prices were increased for certain models by adding a few extra features. But again that was mainly for the interim models to compete with Creta models and the prices of the top-spec models remained the same since Jan 2020 after the initial revision. Considering this there might not be any significant increase in price from Jan onwards. But if they are planning for any additional features, that might take time for sure.
aswinpattath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 19:19   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
I think last year nominal features were added and the prices were increased by 10-30k for every model.

Regarding Panaromic sunroof , I don't think it'll come to Seltos anytime soon. Right now the main distinguishing factor between Creta and Seltos in terms of features is Panaromic sunroof vs 360° Degree, I feel that they have an agreement to keep the features in check , I doubt they'll change the same.
Gallardo_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 19:29   #1423
BHPian

I drove my 1.4 T-GDI from Hyderabad to Chennai via Vijayawada. I did swap the tires to Michelin right at the time of the purchase, so can't comment on how the default Seltos is. I do have to agree with ride quality a little harsh than the usual but that's fine for me at the moment. I blame Hyderabad roads more than the car .

Really like this car on the highway, very composed, pleasant to drive, extremely comfortable and does have enough juice if you want to hit the pedal.

This photo is taken after reaching Vijayawada from Chennai, about 450kms. I was doing around 100-110 and surprised at the efficiency of this petrol engine. Not bad at all.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-photo_20201028_190841.jpg

If I have to comment on the car though, it would be the TMPS triggering every time the pressure goes to 31/30. I usually maintain about 32-33 and going 30 or under triggers the alarm and it's constantly there. Unfortunately, you can't reset it within the car and you'll have to send it to the service. I am not sure if we can change the default values to 32-33 so that this doesn't happen often.

Anyway just hit the 10000 kms mark and it will be going to service next week once I head back to Hyderabad. I bought this car last December and it's been a very happy experience with it so far except for the TPMS and the speed alarm at 80 which I still say it does more damage than good. The blue color still looks just as good since I've bought and glad I picked this color, especially when there are so many of these out there but not in bright blue.

Happy and safe driving.
sweetvar26 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 10:52   #1424
BHPian

Hi all,

I’m planning to upgrade my Punto 90 HP to a Seltos GTX+. I have not decided if its going to be Petrol or Diesel. But it has to be an automatic. My running will be a minimum of 1000kms/month- might go up to 2000kms in some months (80% highways + 20% city)

I have booked a test drive in the coming weeks for both 1.5 D AT and 1.4 T-GDi. I’ve always driven turbo diesels and absolutely love the torque available. What fuel type makes more sense for my kind of running?

If at all I decide on a petrol, it is going to be my first petrol car.

Advise
Old 29th October 2020, 11:03   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hi all,

I’m planning to upgrade my Punto 90 HP to a Seltos GTX+. I have not decided if its going to be Petrol or Diesel. But it has to be an automatic. My running will be a minimum of 1000kms/month- might go up to 2000kms in some months (80% highways + 20% city)

I have booked a test drive in the coming weeks for both 1.5 D AT and 1.4 T-GDi. I’ve always driven turbo diesels and absolutely love the torque available. What fuel type makes more sense for my kind of running?

Go for a Diesel AT, 1000+ kms per month will be 12K kms per year, so Diesel would be a wise choice, it will give you good fuel efficiency as well.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed