Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 14:06   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

If you compare the features closely, for Seltos HTK, the comparable variant is Creta EX. Between the HTK and EX, Seltos is expensive by 30k. Similarly, the S variant is more expensive than the HTK+ by ~30k.

Creta EX doesn't have rear camera with Rear Camera with steering adaptive parking guidelines display, front fog lamps, follow me headlamp, etc.

Even if you compare it with Creta EX (Which I still won't), Seltos is not expensive by 30k considering missing features that I listed above.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 16:16   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Ignore my above post. All my doubts cleared. Thanks.
Would you answer your own question for other's benefits please?
vtvineeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 17:53   #663

Got my Seltos black (GTX+ DCT variant) on February 1 after a prolonged wait . So far it has been a pleasant ownership experience. Completed first service last week and yesterday I got to really open it up for the first time after the run-in of 1000+ km. I didn't really go beyond 4000 rpm still (except during some hasty overtakes) . Was able to cruise at 119(that beep sound after 120kph is irritating) . Some things that I noticed certain things from a driver's POV during the drive from Trivandrum to Bangalore:

1) The shift to manual mode turns the dial from D1,D2,... To S1,S2.. but it's not sports mode .Once you engage sports mode in manual everything firms up and we feel that there's a lot of power on tap

2) The manual mode , once you start switching gears manually will be shown as simply 1,2,3 instead of S1,S2 .. The manual mode was very handy when overtaking some trucks moving at snail's pace in the ghat sections.

3) The headlamps were pretty good and the throw was excellent. Although a little bit more intensity would be much appreciated.

Overall, according to UVO app, we completed the 719km journey in 11hrs15 min with 3 breaks (total 1 hr) . Very happy with the ride and handling at high speeds .

Attaching a pic taken after first service with the colours I love being highlighted

:Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200316_13091703.jpg

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2020 at 17:55. Reason: Adding paragraph breaks for easy reading. Thanks.
Ram.tvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 19:58   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
The dealer is located 200 metres from Shell and hence all customers head straight to Shell to top up the tank after purchase. the 1st 5 liter coupon is also of Shell.
Thanks for this update.

Also, not just for you to respond but for all in the know, are fuel coupons the norm with Seltos or recent premium car purchases? My last car purchase was 10+ years ago.

PS: Have been allocated a steel silver HTK+ and hope to take delivery in 6-7 days (fingers crossed), once the car reaches Chennai, regn. is done and loan details closed.
Old 17th March 2020, 20:08   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheory View Post
Also, not just for you to respond but for all in the know, are fuel coupons the norm with Seltos or recent premium car purchases?
I got a 5-litre coupon during the delivery of my Creta 1.6L. I think it is given for most cars during the time of delivery.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 20:25   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this update.

Also, not just for you to respond but for all in the know, are fuel coupons the norm with Seltos or recent premium car purchases? My last car purchase was 10+ years ago.

PS: Have been allocated a steel silver HTK+ and hope to take delivery in 6-7 days (fingers crossed), once the car reaches Chennai, regn. is done and loan details closed.
Congratulations for your new car! I own a similar variant in the same color.

During my purchase, I got a 10L diesel voucher to refuel after delivery.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 00:52   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this update.

Congrats on the car; got the fuel coupon on my Seltos, but did not get any when I purchased my Sunny/i10 in 2012/2013 respectively !
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 01:05   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are fuel coupons the norm with Seltos or recent premium car purchases?
I got it even for my Eon. So this is not something to do with premium cars only.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 04:44   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I have filled 2 tankfull with Shell V Power and instantly I have had the yellow DPF light on and my advisor says that it is the sulphur content (not sure if this is legit).

From 0-4,000 kms it was run on a BPCL COCO regular diesel and never had this issue.

I use 2 tankfulls from Shell (V Power) and in 300 kms have this issue.

Is there a possible co-relation?
I just want to recheck if the engine warning light is on or it's the DPF warning light.Engine warning light glows up in Seltos normally when the O2 sensor in the DPF is blocked.This happens to cars that are used in city for prolonged periods without highway runs.My guess is even without filling Shell V Power you would've still ended up with this warning assuming the car was running in city limits for some time now. I've a friend whose seltos diesel had even shown up engine warning light in two weeks and roughly 200 kms in city( it's not quite the kms that matters, instead the number of hours that the car runs in city conditions ).He had an engine warning light prior to that where the active regeneration was done at the service centre.

In case it's the DPF warning light that's on , the manual suggests to drive the car above 2000 rpm continuously for 25 minutes or so to burn off the soot that has accumulated in your car's DPF. If it's the engine warning light that's on , then you will have to take the car to service centre where they'll carry out the active regeneration besides cleaning the O2 sensor.

I too drive a diesel auto Seltos and i've had this warning light on once and on another occasion on a pro active check i've found that the 02 sensor was clogged at 80%( which means the engine warning light was around the corner). I too fill Shell fuel always but not Shell V power.Shell says V power diesel has a higher cetane rating and hence produce less soot during combustion.Most of the T-bhpians though suggest to fill normal diesel in our modern day cars.

On a side note , even if the car was used on highways, there's little chance(under normal circumstances)that one could drive the car above 2000 rpm continuously for 25 minutes for the passive regeneration to take place unless one consciously drives in manual mode and in lower gear (>2000 rpm ) for 25 minutes.

This clogging of DPF or the O2 sensor in it takes place primarily because of the high sulphur content ( 50 parts per million)that's present in BS 4 diesel.We'll have to live with this predicament till April 1st after which we will start to get BS 6 fuel (the sulphur content is very less at 10 ppm) and hence this issue wouldn't arise as much. Once we're on BS 6 , the cleaning of O2 sensor or DPF active regeneration (if needed) during the scheduled service of the car should suffice is my guess

I'm just attaching the following images for reference

1. an 02 sensor that was 80% blocked.
2. DPF warning light symbol and the instructions from manual
3. The screen grab of active regeneration in progress, also note the indicated 80% block in 02 sensor ( highlighted with a red circle)
4.The engine warning light symbol

Also find this Overdrive link on DPF and it's workings

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/f...ines-answered/

NOTE : there's an error in that article.Under Active Regeneration Header, please read as "This happens when passive regeneration isn't enough to get rid of all the soot.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20200302_103126.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200318034736_whatsapp.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200318034709_whatsapp.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20200318_042759.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 18th March 2020 at 05:02.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 14:18   #670
BHPian

Thx @a4anurag, @ashis89, @aroonanand, @self_driven for your replies.

Interestingly, I hear from the Capital Kia Chennai folks as well as Kun Kia in Annanagar Chennai that the Seltos's cost will increase in April (either the product itself or the insurance, they don't seem to know).
Old 18th March 2020, 14:32   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this update.

I didn't get any fuel coupon with my HTX IVT in Dec 2019
akrish01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:30   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I didn't get any fuel coupon with my HTX IVT in Dec 2019

I didn't get any petrol coupons either
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 21:40   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this update.

I got a 5lt fuel coupon when we bought my mothers Dzire a couple of years ago. I guess it's a dealer thing not a company one. Probably increases the feel good factor as you aren't driving home on an unknown quantity of fuel
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 21:58   #674
BHPian

I didnt get any petrol coupon either. But at least the dealership did not charge me any handling fees. I saw a delhi price list in this thread that had handing fees in the chart. That is not the standard practice in Pune.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 09:44   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
He had an engine warning light prior to that where the active regeneration was done at the service centre.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
How much do the Service Center charge for the O2 sensor cleaning and the active regeneration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks