Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2020, 06:04   #586
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Seltos IVT 1.5 L is an N.A. engine. No turbo. DCT has 1.4 turbo. DCT's better acceleration is due, in large part, to the turbo engine with higher BHP/torque than 1.5 NA engine. The only way to find out which transmission is better is to fit both ATs to same engine and test.
Though I have driven more than 10 different cars in the past all have been NA engines. This is the first time I am driving a turbo boost engine vehicle, the GTX Plus DCT. I must say the acceleration and power output when a quick overtake is required is impressive, really impressive. It's even better than my 3500 cc NA Toyota Tarago.
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:04   #587
Senior - BHPian

How beneficial are these wheel nut locks for Kia Seltos? Are these only for alloy wheels or applicable to steel wheels as well ?

https://www.amazon.in/Gorilla-Automo...motive&sr=1-26

If they are worth, then what is the correct size as per product description?

Kia Seltos : Official Review-lock-nuts.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd March 2020 at 10:07.
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:39   #588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
How beneficial are these wheel nut locks for Kia Seltos? Are these only for alloy wheels or applicable to steel wheels as well ?
This is basically an anti-theft mechanism; for eg. the EcoSport comes with one (out of four) wheel nut lock on the spare tyre. Gives some peace of mind since the spare tyre is exposed and can be an easy steal if all it took was a simple unscrewing.

I believe the nuts are different for steel/alloy wheels.
Old 3rd March 2020, 17:05   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Seltos IVT 1.5 L is an N.A. engine. No turbo. DCT has 1.4 turbo. DCT's better acceleration is due, in large part, to the turbo engine with higher BHP/torque than 1.5 NA engine. The only way to find out which transmission is better is to fit both ATs to same engine and test.
My mistake. I was referring to my Ertiga diesel manual with Turbo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth2510 View Post
Though based on feedback I gather that Seltos IVT performs lot better than the "on paper" rated max torque output of 144 NM. Believe they have tuned IVT well so that it remains in the higher RPM range = relatively higher power mode at all speeds inspite of the lower torque.

Do you switch to the manual mode often? Or the IVT does the task just all right on the highways.
I think after about a week or two the car seemed to listen and respond to you a lot better. Not sure if the EC got auto-tuned.

I did shift to manual mode on a trip recently to see how it works. It definitely helped in overtaking some faster moving vehicles on the highway. Those cruising above 70+. Otherwise i don't need to shift.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd March 2020 at 17:47. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 5th March 2020, 11:52   #590
BHPian

I just figured out (by accident) that when you are using the OEM map, you get driving directions on the MID (this is the HTX+ diesel manual, so no HUD), sort of like a HuD effect.

Quite useful if you don't want to take your eyes off the road.

Only issue is the map is horrible, and 'live' traffic updates are definitely not as live as Google maps.
Old 5th March 2020, 12:30   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I just figured out (by accident) that when you are using the OEM map, you get driving directions on the MID (this is the HTX+ diesel manual, so no HUD), sort of like a HuD effect.

Quite useful if you don't want to take your eyes off the road.

Only issue is the map is horrible, and 'live' traffic updates are definitely not as live as Google maps.
I own a GTX+ D AT and dont use the HUD at all as that is a distraction and the angle isnt convenient either.. I also saw these directions pop up on the MID, and when used in conjunction with voice commands, you dont have to take the eyes off.

However, I found the live traffic on the maps quite accurate (a tad more conservative than Google - always shows 5-10 mins more than GMaps) but the maps does sometimes take random routes. I use the ORR in Bangalore and at several places, the OEM Maps (which I think is HereMaps) asks me to take service lane and go under the flyovers, even when there is no jam/block on top !
Old 5th March 2020, 12:33   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I own a GTX+ D AT and dont use the HUD at all as that is a distraction and the angle isnt convenient either.. I also saw these directions pop up on the MID, and when used in conjunction with voice commands, you dont have to take the eyes off.

However, I found the live traffic on the maps quite accurate (a tad more conservative than Google - always shows 5-10 mins more than GMaps) but the maps does sometimes take random routes. I use the ORR in Bangalore and at several places, the OEM Maps (which I think is HereMaps) asks me to take service lane and go under the flyovers, even when there is no jam/block on top !
What voice commands? Are you referring to Google voice? And I was taken down a few roads that didn't exist, and one dead end (this was in Chennai itself) and since then I don't trust these maps. My personal experience, am sure it varies person to person.
Old 5th March 2020, 12:45   #593
BHPian

Quote:
What voice commands? Are you referring to Google voice? And I was taken down a few roads that didn't exist, and one dead end (this was in Chennai itself) and since then I don't trust these maps. My personal experience, am sure it varies person to person.
Wow, certainly doesnt sound like a good experience in chennai ! I was referring to voice commands from the OEM Maps, which alerts you of upcoming turns, so you dont need to look at the screen
Old 5th March 2020, 17:59   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Wow, certainly doesnt sound like a good experience in chennai ! I was referring to voice commands from the OEM Maps, which alerts you of upcoming turns, so you dont need to look at the screen
Am not kidding - this was from Anna Nagar to Porur, now I know the route but thought will test the maps (OEM) and I usually use maps in peak time to avoid traffic jams as much as I can.

For anyone familiar with Anna Nagar / Chennai, it took me in some road next to VR Mall, it progressively kept getting narrower, but it showed a connection to the main highway that connects to Porur. My wife / Son though just asked me to ditch the map, but I have full faith in tech....and followed it.

Landed in an absolute dead end - sure the other side, across a sewage river (Cooum I think) was the highway but unless I was driving the Tumbler and it had the ability to fly, no way I was going to make it.

Then I had to spend 5 mins in a 30 point reverse move, and then again made my way back out.

Haven't had the guts to follow this map anymore.
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 22:00   #595
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile:

1 Kia Seltos Being Sold Every 4 Minutes - URL
Old 5th March 2020, 22:55   #596
BHPian

Quote:
it progressively kept getting narrower
BTW, Google maps also does this and it can take you through really narrow paths still suggesting it as main road, perhaps the probability of getting into this situation may be lesser with google maps compared to inbuilt/offline ones but you can’t rule out this scenario even with google I guess
Old 5th March 2020, 22:59   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
BTW, Google maps also does this and it can take you through really narrow paths still suggesting it as main road, perhaps the probability of getting into this situation may be lesser with google maps compared to inbuilt/offline ones but you can’t rule out this scenario even with google I guess
Oh Absolutely but in my idk 100's of hours of using gmaps this might have happened a few times. Given the sheer numbers using gmaps, I think it just creates better data
Old 6th March 2020, 10:52   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Absolutely but in my idk 100's of hours of using gmaps this might have happened a few times. Given the sheer numbers using gmaps, I think it just creates better data
Happened to me a few times when google maps took me down narrow roads.

BTW does android auto work for you? In my IVT it works for about 10 mins & then shuts off. My handset is Vivo Z1 pro (android pie OS)
Old 6th March 2020, 10:57   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post

BTW does android auto work for you? In my IVT it works for about 10 mins & then shuts off. My handset is Vivo Z1 pro (android pie OS)
I used to have issues but a couple of things helped fix it,

1) phone has to be unlocked when you connect to Android auto

2) don't connect and straight up back the car out, reverse camera takes precedence and it causes AA to glitch out

3) use a high quality cable, and keep your phone stable. I used to put my phone in the cubicle below the HU but it caused frequent disconnects. I purchased a good quality cable from Amazon and a phone mount on my windshield.

After these fixes I haven't faced any issue with AA. Also if after all this it still glitches out, then there is a firmware update.

I know it's a silly way to figure out about an update... But what can I say.
Old 6th March 2020, 16:26   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Happened to me a few times when google maps took me down narrow roads.

Akrish, what is the 0 to 100 acceleration timing of Seltos IVT? Our official review has not conducted review of IVT variant. May be IVT was not made available to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks