Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 11:42   #541
ADB
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Is it gravity grey? How much did this cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
The car looks brilliant. Can you give an idea of how much this cost? And I assume since all of this is exterior work, it won’t have any impact on the warranty.
Yes, this is gravity grey. No, it wouldn’t impact the warranty. Only things opened were door handles (easy to do with loosening one nut for each) and roof rails (5 nuts on each). The total cost was around 14k. You can even go higher depending on the quality of vinyl used. If in Gurgaon, you can search for IDE Autoworks and speak to the team there.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 15:51   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Yes, this is gravity grey. No, it wouldn’t impact the warranty. Only things opened were door handles (easy to do with loosening one nut for each) and roof rails (5 nuts on each). The total cost was around 14k. You can even go higher depending on the quality of vinyl used. If in Gurgaon, you can search for IDE Autoworks and speak to the team there.
Thanks ADB, was thinking about Vinyl, and now am convinced. How is it when you wash the roof, does it get soggy or something? I do have self healing PPF on the rest of the car, and wanted something on the roof also for all that bird poo - my gym parking is under some trees and I think there is some sauchaly for crows and pigeons as my car is blasted with that infernal and acidic bird poop.
Old 25th February 2020, 17:05   #543
BHPian

Had checked the prices for the spares of Seltos and Compass and there is a huge delta between the two. Example the bumper of Compass is almost 2x the price of Seltos GT D and similar is the case for some other plastic "Will bash up sooner or later" bits.
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 17:33   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
This sounds good. I live in Pune and will hunt for someone who does the job. My car is only 2 months old, so won't be making any changes so soon. I'll enjoy the chrome for now, and have the feel of a brand new vehicle a few months down the line probably.
Old 25th February 2020, 21:02   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
Had checked the prices for the spares of Seltos and Compass and there is a huge delta between the two. Example the bumper of Compass is almost 2x the price of Seltos GT D and similar is the case for some other plastic "Will bash up sooner or later" bits.
Interesting I would say that the Compass is better build but 2x I dont think maybe 1.5x. Seriously speaking the Compass does have heavy plastic/metal parts that's for sure.

I too am in the market for a car and want to buy a "BS6 only" car. With the price list released its soon going to be decision time.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:49   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Performance of Seltos 1.5L D HTX+ (Acceleration,Braking & Engine Sound)

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 14:28   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGP View Post
Hi,

Is anyone facing an issue re accessories not being provided by the Dealer in Mumbai?

Took delivery of a GTX+ DCT in end January and had opted for 3D floor mats, boot mat, etc.. However, at the time of delivery, I was informed that the accessories were out of stock and would be provided in a few days. It's been close to a month and the Dealer it yet to provide the accessories citing that Kia has not sent the accessories to them. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?
Have you received the accessories from the dealer since its more than a month now you posted this.
Old 27th February 2020, 07:42   #548
BHPian

I have an urgent question regarding engine number.

The invoice that i received for my seltos has the engine number as G4FALL but the Hyundai website shows G4FLL, there is an extra A in the dealer's invoice that is not present during VIN check on Hyundai website. Can someone urgently cross check the engine number on their invoice and Hyundai Global to check if it matches? I am confused whether there might be a different standard internally. Dealer took one extra day for invoicing stating that it is a very detailed process.

My registration is supposed to be today. I want to stop them from entering wrong details during the registration process. Thankfully unless I buy insurance they cannot proceed with the registration so I have some control.

Last edited by psbali : 27th February 2020 at 07:50. Reason: added more detail
Old 27th February 2020, 07:50   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
The invoice that i received for my seltos has the engine number as G4FALL but the Hyundai website shows G4FLL, there is an extra A in the dealer's invoice that is not present during VIN check on Hyundai website. Can someone urgently cross check the engine number on their invoice and Hyundai Global to check if it matches?
What does the actual VIN stamps and window sticker say? That is the ultimate reference point in all this. Any observant RTO official will not register the vehicle if there is such a basic mismatch.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:13   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What does the actual VIN stamps and window sticker say? That is the ultimate reference point in all this. Any observant RTO official will not register the vehicle if there is such a basic mismatch.
VIN matches but the engine number has one extra A in the invoice. Engine number is not mentioned on the vin stamp or window sticker.
Old 27th February 2020, 09:20   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
Actually, in today's world that price does not matter. Since you are buying such an expensive car, you will surely end up with a zero dep, comprehensive RTI insurance, which will cover all damages all the time in full amount apart from the compulsory deduction (around 2000 for all insurers).

So, it is of no use to check the price of plastic bits that will be mashed sooner or later.

Example: The 40,000 rupee headlights of my Crysta were broken twice and I did not skip a beat since each time I had to shell out only 2000 rupees from my pocket.

The price which matters is the actual service cost of the vehicle which includes parts like oil filter and air filter etc.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th February 2020 at 22:50. Reason: Typo. compulsory not cumpulsory. Thanks.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:29   #552
BANNED

Quote:
The invoice that i received for my seltos has the engine number as G4FALL but the Hyundai website shows G4FLL, there is an extra A in the dealer's invoice that is not present during VIN check on Hyundai website.

My registration is supposed to be today. I want to stop them from entering wrong details during the registration process. Thankfully unless I buy insurance they cannot proceed with the registration so I have some control.
Have you brought this point to their notice (read as SA/dealership)?

Why not get the invoice and other related papers corrected first and then proceed to get the insurance and finally with the registration?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:35   #553
BHPian

Quote:
I have an urgent question regarding engine number.

The invoice that i received for my seltos has the engine number as G4FALL but the Hyundai website shows G4FLL, there is an extra A in the dealer's invoice that is not present during VIN check on Hyundai website. Can someone urgently cross check the engine number on their invoice and Hyundai Global to check if it matches? I am confused whether there might be a different standard internally. Dealer took one extra day for invoicing stating that it is a very detailed process.
Just checked -
Same Engine Number ( G4FLLXXXX) In
1.Hyundai Global
2.Pre Invoice that was generated before giving the final downpayment.(No Delay)
3. Final Invoice
4. Vehicle Sticker
5. Digital RC in DigiLocker

Before registration won’t you do a PDI or take a quick look? If you go there you can also take a look/picture of VIN of TD/ display vehicle and check that VIN as well.

You can check the vehicle sticker if its same as invoice , I don’t think there is anything to worry, Can’t say for sure though.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:43   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have you brought this point to their notice (read as SA/dealership)?

Why not get the invoice and other related papers corrected first and then proceed to get the insurance and finally with the registration?!
yes did that first thing in the morning. Also insurance papers have the correct information. looks like the accounts people entered wrong detail while creating invoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Just checked -
Before registration won’t you do a PDI or take a quick look? If you go there you can also take a look/picture of VIN of TD/ display vehicle and check that VIN as well.

You can check the vehicle sticker if its same as invoice , I don’t think there is anything to worry, Can’t say for sure though.
I did a PDI and made my downpayment from the yard itself after checking the car felt badass doing that.

But i couldn't find the engine number anywhere. Cross checked the vin on the sticker and underneath the driver's seat and that matches with the invoice.
Old 27th February 2020, 10:09   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
VIN matches but the engine number has one extra A in the invoice. Engine number is not mentioned on the vin stamp or window sticker.
Definitely a clerical error then. As you are anyway planning to, get it corrected immediately. Once sold, the same Dr. Jekyll will turn into Mr. Hyde. I suffered that fate with my Creta 1.6 E+ which turned into a 1.6 SX on the RC. I had to run around for 3 months to get it fixed through Lakshmi Hyundai.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks