Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2020, 16:22   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Kia Seltos Waiting Period Reduces To Just 15 Days In India
Kia Seltos’ waiting period has significantly reduced recently as the GTX 1.4 turbo petrol trims command only 15 days
Read more at: Link

Quote:
The single HTE 1.5-litre diesel trim asks for two months, while the HTK and HTX variants have the lesser waiting period of a month each. The HTK Plus and HTX Plus grades demand 1.5 months and two months waiting period and it increases to three months for the GTX Plus AT 1.5 diesel.
Smart move from Kia folks, they seem to have prioritized on the higher end GTX 1.4 Turbo Petrol models and made them available with the lowest waiting period of 15 days!

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 16th February 2020 at 16:28.
Old 16th February 2020, 16:58   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Kia Seltos Waiting Period Reduces To Just 15 Days In India!
Have booked a HTX 1.5D and the dealer still says min 2 months waiting.
Old 16th February 2020, 20:26   #498
BHPian

I didn't see the 1.5 Petrol Auto being covered in the review, that's the one I'm interested in...am I missing something here, can someone point me the right way?
Old 16th February 2020, 20:48   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
I didn't see the 1.5 Petrol Auto being covered in the review, that's the one I'm interested in...am I missing something here, can someone point me the right way?
The 1.5 CVT has not been covered. Seems as if Kia isn't interested in selling it at all TBH. No media cars either.

Hoping some IVT owners do post an ownership review. The chain driven CVT sounds promising.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 20:51   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Kia somehow does not want to give TD's for the 1.5P but you can read this review. Its great and covers the 1.5P very well but after saying that I would recommend the 1.5D & 1.4P over this.
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:02   #501
BHPian

After waiting for 4+ months for my RC smart card, today I decided to check what happened to it. I first visited the post office, they said they don't have any failed delivery of speed posts from RTO to my locality in the recent past. They asked me to get the tracking number from the RTO so that they can verify. Then I visited the RTO and it was displeasing to see a box full of cards with them. They have not cared to post those cards at all!! They fished out my card and handed it to me.

Guys, those who are registered at KA05 and are waiting for your RC from 2+ months just visit the RTO with an ID proof between 10:30AM -01:30PM and collect it yourself. There are high chances it will never arrive at your doorstep.

Now some numbers from the RCs -

The following are the unladen weights of some of the variants. I've also picked from posts by AGwagon, rahul_goyal and ashis89 based on their respective RCs.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-unladen-weight.jpg
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:48   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Can any Seltos owner guide me please? A relative urgently wants to know the width of a Seltos including the folded ORVMs. I have the 'normal' width of 1800 mm from the brochures etc, but is that the widest point of a Seltos, i.e. factoring in the folded ORVMs?

I understand his parking slot is ultra-narrow, and he will ask for a TD vehicle over the weekend anyway. Just asking for now.
Old 17th February 2020, 14:05   #503
FGP

Hi,

Is anyone facing an issue re accessories not being provided by the Dealer in Mumbai?

Took delivery of a GTX+ DCT in end January and had opted for 3D floor mats, boot mat, etc.. However, at the time of delivery, I was informed that the accessories were out of stock and would be provided in a few days. It's been close to a month and the Dealer it yet to provide the accessories citing that Kia has not sent the accessories to them. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?
Old 17th February 2020, 19:29   #504
BHPian

Hi. I have been alloted a HTK Petrol. Went for a PDI but as the showroom people didnt get their own PDI done first they refused to open the car. On surface things dont look alright.

I got this VIN number. Some help with the decoding?

MZBEP812LLN0XXX33

Waiting for Loan and Registration process now.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th February 2020 at 20:41. Reason: As requested.
Old 17th February 2020, 20:23   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post

I got this VIN number. Some help with the decoding?

MZBEP812LLN0XXX33

Waiting for Loan and Registration process now.
MODEL YEAR- 2020 MODEL YEAR
Production Date- 2020-02-05
Exterior Color - KDG
Engine Type - 15 GAMMA2

You can see this info & more after creating an account here -
Hyundai Global

Last edited by Sheel : 17th February 2020 at 20:42. Reason: Above post edited on request.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 21:23   #506
BHPian

Hi , I got the delivery of Seltos 1.5P HTX IVT today evening.
I’ll post a review in some days.

I have a few queries-
1. The tpms was showing tyre pressure as 41psi, when I drove out. Went to nearest pump and got the fuel and asked for filling air at 35psi. After that the tpms didn’t update for whole 7 kms drive to my home.
Don’t know if the air pump was not proper or there is an issue with tpms. I’ll get nitrogen filled tomorrow and check.
Any guidance would be helpful!

2. Is it mandatory to get free services done at the dealer owned workshop from which one has purchased the vehicle. When I checked the service booklet all 3 coupons were stamped with the dealer workshop name. There workshop is a bit far and the road leading to the workshop is very bad so I had already planned to get service done at a different workshop. The SA said its mandatory although I highly doubt it. I haven’t seen such policy with any manufacturer.
I can push for a way out if I know for sure.

3. There was a fancy delivery checklist which included service book etc. and battery manufacturers warranty card but it was not provided and no one had any clue about it. So I wrote not received. Have anyone of you got it?

Thanks

Last edited by k2max6 : 17th February 2020 at 21:24.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 21:48   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Hi , I got the delivery of Seltos 1.5P HTX IVT today evening.

2. Is it mandatory to get free services done at the dealer owned workshop from which one has purchased the vehicle. When I checked the service booklet all 3 coupons were stamped with the dealer workshop name. There workshop is a bit far and the road leading to the workshop is very bad so I had already planned to get service done at a different workshop. The SA said its mandatory although I highly doubt it. I haven’t seen such policy with any manufacturer.
I can push for a way out if I know for sure.

3. There was a fancy delivery checklist which included service book.

Thanks
No problem if you do your 1st service at any center you prefer. They will just check the levels anyway. Switching between service centers will also give you an idea about what to expect. I am buying from a dealership that is at the other end of my city while there is another dealership so close to my place that I can see the building from my balcony. I can't visit to the place I am going to purchase from at all.

Regarding Point 3

No car manufacturer gives battery booklet as the batteries are bound to fail within 2 years or 2 1/2 years if you are lucky. It is covered under ltd warranty of 6 months/ 1 year or so and that too only in case of clear manufacturing defect.
Old 17th February 2020, 22:02   #508
BHPian

Quote:

No car manufacturer gives battery booklet as the batteries are bound to fail within 2 years or 2 1/2 years if you are lucky. It is covered under ltd warranty of 6 months/ 1 year or so and that too only in case of clear manufacturing defect.
Thats why I had doubt because I never received a battery warranty card with any car. Neither saw a policy to get serviced at the workshop of the showroom the vehicle is purchased from.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th February 2020 at 23:28. Reason: Trimmed quote. Please quote only relevant bits of posts while responding.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:02   #509
BHPian

The cnet Roadshow has a review of Kia Seltos vide
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/review...t-awd-preview/
The review has good words for the style,roominess and interior quality.
Old 18th February 2020, 12:33   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra gave me a battery warranty pack/booklet back in 2018. You get a pro-rata warranty for batteries beyond the initial replacement period, to avail which the date when the battery was bought is essential. The battery warranty booklet usually has a "date purchased" stamped on it.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks