Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:28   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

A query to the owners of the GTX turbo petrol variants....
  • Does KIA specify any injector cleaner and a cleaning interval for the GDI engine?
  • What are the spark plugs used? Are they iridium or do they use the regular plugs?

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 23rd January 2020, 19:06   #347
BHPian

I checked my rear vents AC. There was cool air being blowed out just like the one from the dashboard. May be few seltos' have a fault. Get it checked.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 20:44   #348
BHPian

I will be taking delivery of my Seltos GTX+ DCT 1.4 T Petrol this coming Tuesday from VST Central dealership in Palace Road. I was allowed the stockyard PDI today and managed to note down the VIN# - MZBET811VLN066046. Can somebody decode it for me please. I tried registering at the hyundai link and i was supposed to get an email before it lets me in, but that never made it to my inbox. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd January 2020, 22:40   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
VIN# - MZBET811VLN066046. Can somebody decode it for me please.
MODEL YEAR: 2020 MODEL YEAR
Production Date: 2019-12-31
Engine No.: G4LDKD191555
Exterior Color: ABP
TRANSMISSION: 7DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I checked my rear vents AC. There was cool air being blowed out just like the one from the dashboard. May be few seltos' have a fault. Get it checked.
Did you check this at different temperature settings? It is pronounced when the temperature level is kept high (cool air at the front) but goes unnoticed when the temp is low(cold air at the front). The SAs have admitted it is a known issue with no known solution yet!

Just to clarify, the there's a difference in temperature of the air coming out from the front and rear vents. Maybe someone can test it with a thermometer.

The difference in temperature differs from time to time. Earlier today, I could feel the air in the rear vents to be slightly warmer than the front ones but on one occasion in the past, it was uncomfortably warmer. Since someone has mentioned that the AC plumbing is going over the exhaust pipes, I believe it is linked to the exhaust gas temperatures. Should be more pronounced during DPF regeneration on a diesel.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd January 2020 at 22:41.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 23:53   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Kia Seltos is on sale in India at a price of between Rs. 9.69 - 16.99 lakhs.

What you'll like:

Top-notch review, Kudos.

I have one feedback. In the review the absence of ESP on diesel models is not mentioned anywhere. (Hope, I did not miss it somehow).

I feel Kia should have offered ESP at least in Diesel top models. This is an important safety feature that is made mandatory in EU. This is one of the important reasons why I chose Nissan Kicks instead of Seltos as I wanted a diesel car with ESP. Even a sub 10 lakh ford freestyle gets this safety feature.

My observations on Seltos
  • Lower variants are poorly equipped
  • Poor ride quality, Venue was better.
  • Boot space smaller in reality
  • Top variants are not value for money
  • Steering feel and feedback is average

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th January 2020 at 11:06. Reason: please do not quote full message
Godzilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 00:23   #351
BHPian

On my HTK, I want to replace the rear seat backrest with that from HTX/HTX+. Then, the plan is to get the covers changed to a uniform leatherette on all seats because the seat upholstery is different on these two variants. As an end result, the following features should be added to the HTK:

> Rear armrest
> Rear adjustable headrests
> 60:40 split seats
> ISOFIX attachments
> 2-step inclination

From this:

Kia Seltos : Official Review-imarkup_20200124_000608.jpg

To this:

Kia Seltos : Official Review-imarkup_20200124_000644.jpg

I checked with 2 dealers - one said they wouldn't be able to source the parts citing various reasons. The other checked the feasibility on my car half-heartedly and said it might need the whole back seat to be replaced. Both of them recommended to go after-market, but confirmed none of the features can be added except for 2 adjustable headrests. I'm inclined to only go either OEM or none at all.

What I already know is that a metal frame support is fitted at the point of the 60:40 split on the HTX/HTX+ and the holes to accept that part already exist on the HTK. I also have replaced the inner side panels during the parcel tray installation and have observed that they can perfectly accept the HTX backrest. With the assumption that the seat boundary dimensions to be same for these variants I'm 90% sure that what I'm trying to do can be achieved. I'm going to check with more dealers in the coming days.

Has somebody replaced their seats with OEM parts in any of your cars in the past? Either same or from a different variant? Any tips? Guidance on costs? Basically I want to know if the parts are sold as cushions, frames and fabric/leather separately or as ready-to-fit final pieces.

Last edited by dksv : 24th January 2020 at 00:26.
dksv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 11:04   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Today while coming to office I also tried to check a couple of times in Seltos, with 25oC , and both front and rear AC vents were blowing cool air only ( may be there is a difference in temp but the air is cool ) so this may be a isolated issue? or it happens certain scenarios only?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th January 2020 at 11:06. Reason: line spacing
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:28   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Has somebody replaced their seats with OEM parts in any of your cars in the past? Either same or from a different variant? Any tips? Guidance on costs? Basically I want to know if the parts are sold as cushions, frames and fabric/leather separately or as ready-to-fit final pieces.

Hi,
I was in a similar situation with my TUV 300. I have the earlier model (2015) one while the later models(post 2017) had much better second row seats with ample under thigh support. For almost a year I was trying through different MnM dealers to source the newer model's seats and like you faced, the replies ranged from cannot be done sir to will try to order and give you a call sir, but nothing worked out. Finally, I took the car to an after market company called Koyas in Coimbatore (apparently, they are the ones who prepare Election Campaign vehicles for the political leaders), they ripped out the OEM seat cushions and worked on the OEM frame itself and added adequate under thigh support and lateral support. The seating comfort transformation is pretty good considering the original OEM seat's comfort level. The cost was also reasonable considering the OEM seat's cost. The seat refit (including the seat covers) cost me around 12K while the OEM's cost was 22K. The only negative aspect of of this re-fit was the seat belt's lower buckle is a bit harder ( the buckle harness's length is not able to accommodate the increased seat thickness) to reach now and my family members find it bit annoying, otherwise it is amazing VFM.
While at the company the supervisor also mentioned they are capable of making an entirely new seat frame with better under thigh, arm rest(I only vaguely remember this point so don't cite me later ), higher seat back and middle seat head rest provided we give them 3-4 days time. If CBE is in your near future trip plans do try them.

Last edited by sathyasuri : 24th January 2020 at 15:32. Reason: Edited to help better understanding.
sathyasuri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 17:29   #354
BANNED

Quote:
As an end result, the following features should be added to the HTK:

> Rear armrest
> Rear adjustable headrests
> 60:40 split seats
> ISOFIX attachments
> 2-step inclination
Features addition is good. But one thing I'll point out is in future, the feature highlighted in BOLD shall be a point of rattling in the cabin. Keep that in mind.

Quote:
Has somebody replaced their seats with OEM parts in any of your cars in the past? Either same or from a different variant? Any tips? Guidance on costs? Basically, I want to know if the parts are sold as cushions, frames and fabric/leather separately or as ready-to-fit final pieces.
I check Boodmo parts break-up for the Creta as it is similar and can be used as a reference for costs - here is the link.

Whole seat assembly is around ~ 13,765 + 21,564 that should be "remove & replace" type work.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th January 2020 at 17:31.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:35   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
While at the company the supervisor also mentioned they are capable of making an entirely new seat frame with better under thigh, arm rest(I only vaguely remember this point so don't cite me later ), higher seat back and middle seat head rest provided we give them 3-4 days time. If CBE is in your near future trip plans do try them.
Thank you. This is interesting. I'll check if any after-market shops in Bangalore have such capabilities, if I change my mind to go non-OEM. I'll also bear in mind about the seat belt integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
the feature highlighted in BOLD shall be a point of rattling in the cabin. Keep that in mind.
This may become bothersome but I'll bear that in mind.

Quote:
I check Boodmo parts break-up for the Creta as it is similar and can be used as a reference for costs - here is the link.

Whole seat assembly is around ~ 13,765 + 21,564 that should be "remove & replace" type work.
Thanks a ton for this. I hope the costs will be in a similar range for Seltos as well. Its around 35k for 5 additional features (mostly comfort & safety). I don't know if it makes sense but when I think it as 7k per feature it sounds reasonable to me.

Of course I'll have to add the seat cover replacement cost to this, but that will be done anyway.

Now, equipped with all this information I'll try my best to source them. Let me see how this goes.

Cheers.

Last edited by dksv : 24th January 2020 at 19:50.
Old 24th January 2020, 21:24   #356
BHPian

Any pointers from folks who have taken delivery on dos/dont's on accessories for the Seltos? My GTX+ D AT appears to be in transit to Bangalore and i intend to do a PDI at the stock yard once the car reaches. Also want to finalize on accessories; the dealer shared a basic accessory pack of which I dont need 80% of the items (eg. tissue box, car cover, neck rests etc). As mine is a GTX+, I dont need many additional accessories as the car is well loaded. Also pointers on the best floor mats for the Seltos would be much appreciated !

While I will be going with the TBHP PDI checklist, any specific pointers from Seltos owners on aspects to look out for?

Last edited by aroonanand : 24th January 2020 at 21:24. Reason: Added one line
Old 24th January 2020, 22:41   #357
Senior - BHPian

Made a small video of Kia Seltos Walk-Through during my visit to showroom for finance-related paperwork. Thought of sharing it here

bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 23:16   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Also want to finalize on accessories; the dealer shared a basic accessory pack of which I dont need 80% of the items (eg. tissue box, car cover, neck rests etc). As mine is a GTX+, I dont need many additional accessories as the car is well loaded. Also pointers on the best floor mats for the Seltos would be much appreciated
You are right, since it's a GTX+ you don't need much accessories. What i bought from the dealer during delivery are the 7D mats, the boot mat and an idol. The mats as per the kia accessories catalogue are called the premium dual layer mats .
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 23:20   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Today while coming to office I also tried to check a couple of times in Seltos, with 25oC , and both front and rear AC vents were blowing cool air only ( may be there is a difference in temp but the air is cool ) so this may be a isolated issue? or it happens certain scenarios only?
@Salnv, this issue I have noticed generally happens mostly when the car is driven for a long time. Specially in Bangalore it is not much evident in the morning time, but if the car is driven for a long time or in the evening, then you can notice it is blowing hot air. I will try checking with a thermometer next time.
ThatCarGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 10:43   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Any pointers from folks who have taken delivery on dos/dont's on accessories for the Seltos? My GTX+ D AT appears to be in transit to Bangalore and i intend to do a PDI at the stock yard once the car reaches. Also want to finalize on accessories; the dealer shared a basic accessory pack of which I dont need 80% of the items (eg. tissue box, car cover, neck rests etc). As mine is a GTX+, I dont need many additional accessories as the car is well loaded. Also pointers on the best floor mats for the Seltos would be much appreciated !
I have the GTX+ and did not need many accessories as you pointed out. I took the PVC floor mats, door edge guard, bumper corner protector and the tyre inflator. I also got the nano ceramic coating done as it has a 2 year scratch repair guarantee. The fixing of the bumper corner protector was not upto the mark. One of the protectors fell off after 3-4 days, and upon informing the SA, he said it was due to the nano ceramic coating. I told him it should not happen as the coating is recommended by the company itself and the accessories should be compatible. He sent the accessory person to my office and got it re-fixed. It has been a month now and I haven't faced any issue yet.

I am into the construction industry, and hence my shoes are muddy most of the times and extremely wet during the monsoons as most of my work is outdoors. Due to this, I went for the PVC floor mats as they are very easy to clean. They are black and also have a hook on the floor which prevent them from moving around.

Overall, apart from the issue with the bumper protectors, haven't faced any issue with the accessories.
sohanangal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks