Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:25   #1291
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Marked the two couplers of the ECU in yellow
Attachment 2046241

Clean the engine bay carefully, excercise caution near ECU, alternator and injectors area.
Thanks bro, definitely take care of it
Old 27th August 2020, 03:21   #1292
BANNED

Hi all

Found this video on You tube of a customer with serious issue with his Seltos Diesel Auto not sure to what extent this is true.
Mods please remove if this looks inappropriate.

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 27th August 2020 at 03:34.
Old 28th August 2020, 13:34   #1293
Senior - BHPian

The US-spec Kia Seltos has been crash-tested by the IIHS and received an overall good safety evaluation barring headlight performance, which was found to be inadequate around corners. Hence, it fell short of a Top Safety Pick award. This rating might not be applicable to the India-spec Seltos due to differences in standard safety equipment.

[Link to rating page]
Old 4th September 2020, 13:08   #1294
BHPian

Hi all,

I have two queries, someone please guide me.

1. I have been residing at a place where we are not allowed to go outside (Since the Corona outbreak). Before that I drove my Seltos around 1600 kms and first service was done in time. Since then I drove only 20-30 kms, that too 1-2km in a week to keep the batteries and tyres in shape. Second service was done with a delay of 2 months and for that I had to opt for pick and drop services as I was not allowed to go outside.
Now my concern is that 3rd service would be due in december and if the gates are not opened in next couple of months, it would be only 1700 kms on the odo. Will it be fine or should I delay 3rd service and try to run it for atleast 1000 more kms before the service.

2. Mine is HTK+, i wanted to know if its possible to get the 360° camera fitted, from kia or aftermarket. Did someone do this or have seen somewhere. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th September 2020 at 19:12. Reason: Typos.
Old 5th September 2020, 00:09   #1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Hi all,

I have two queries, someone please guide me.

1. I have been residing at a place where we are not allowed to go outside (Since the Corona outbreak). Before that I drove my Seltos around 1600 kms and first service was done in time. Since then I drove only 20-30 kms, that too 1-2km in a week to keep the batteries and tyres in shape. Second service was done with a delay of 2 months and for that I had to opt for pick and drop services as I was not allowed to go outside.
Now my concern is that 3rd service would be due in december and if the gates are not opened in next couple of months, it would be only 1700 kms on the odo. Will it be fine or should I delay 3rd service and try to run it for atleast 1000 more kms before the service.

2. Mine is HTK+, i wanted to know if its possible to get the 360° camera fitted, from kia or aftermarket. Did someone do this or have seen somewhere. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
The service interval for cars is usually mentioned as "Whichever is earlier" for distance driven on period since last service. The duration is also important as engine oil tends to deteriorate over time as well. The modern synthetic oils should hold better than mineral oils. But it is recommended that you maintain the appropriate maintenance schedule. That said, if you have any planned long distance trip close to the 1 year mark, it may not harm you to use the car for your trip and then get it serviced.

I have not seen any HTK+ Seltos with a 360 degree camera fitted even on the online channels. HTK+ uses a different head unit compared to the HTX and other models which have the same head unit as GTX+. So this might be possible in the HTX series.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th September 2020 at 19:13. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
Chab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 01:21   #1296
Senior - BHPian

So I am not sure if this has been discussed in this thread before but is anybody here experiencing tyre defects with company fitted Goodyear tyres? A large chunk of owners are reporting holes in sidewalls, tread area etc after a few hundred or thousand kms on it. This was mass reported by owners after the Seltos test drive tyre blast issue was reported. Is there a recall due?
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 02:02   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chab View Post
I have not seen any HTK+ Seltos with a 360 degree camera fitted even on the online channels. HTK+ uses a different head unit compared to the HTX and other models which have the same head unit as GTX+. So this might be possible in the HTX series.
Surprisingly not even a single HTX has this fitted. Not sure if it’s some change in the mechanical or wiring, but yeah a really nice feature to have.

Saw a few videos with creta having 360 camera but for that HU was also changed. For seltos if it could be fitted in HTX because of same HU then it will be a great plus for many.
Old 5th September 2020, 11:53   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chab View Post
Even I searched the google for the same and found no info about this. But there are several videos on youtube where guys have fitted birds eye view cameras themselves, bought online, that provide almost similar experience. I understand that controlling the camera from the HU is not possible in our installed displays as these are not really meant for the purpose, but these cameras come with controller swith or even a remote and we can feed the existing display with the output of the cameras.

After success of seltos, many of us, owning lower variants miss this feature. May be in couple of years when more and more cars are launched with this camera, aftermarket will have this in their list too.

Here I am sharing youtube link for one of the videoes. If someone has a contact with some good technician please have his views about this and share with us.

gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 17:32   #1299
BHPian

Does anyone know whether the Seltos 1.4 turbo petrol is equipped with GPF(Gasoline Particulate Filter)?
Old 8th September 2020, 22:12   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Does anyone know whether the Seltos 1.4 turbo petrol is equipped with GPF(Gasoline Particulate Filter)?
Yes, petrol Seltos has GPF.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 09:13   #1301
BHPian

Hi Bhpians, has anyone put seat covers for GTX+ variant which has front ventilated seats. Since the seat colour being bright colour I see it getting dirty day by day.
Old 11th September 2020, 09:27   #1302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Hi Bhpians, has anyone put seat covers for GTX+ variant which has front ventilated seats. Since the seat colour being a bright colour I see it getting dirty day by day.
Doesn't the GTX+ come equipped with 6 airbags that include two of them in each of the front seats?!

Please don't add seat covers to seats that have an airbag in them. Defeats the purpose of paying the premium and not having it available to be of help whenever in need. I think the tag mentions no seat covers too or it is written in the owner's manual.

I agree with you on the maintenance of that beige colour but look around elsewhere for keeping it clean rather than having put seat covers on it.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 09:27   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Hi Bhpians, has anyone put seat covers for GTX+ variant which has front ventilated seats. Since the seat colour being bright colour I see it getting dirty day by day.
Forget about the ventilation & colour of the seat. The GTX+ has 6 airbags including those in the seat. Please do not install seat covers - its a big NO NO.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 12:08   #1304

Hi BHPians! First post here after years of passive reading.

I usually don't pich in considering we already have a lot of experienced automotive enthusiasts here in the forum. But after going through a specific thread yesterday, I had to ask a question.

The thread I'm referring to is https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-response.html (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!)
See, just for some background, I'm in the hunt for a compact to mid size SUV with a budget of around 15 to 16 lac. After going through a lot of reviews and almost reading every kia seltos thread here, I had shortlisted Kia Seltos. But now I'm curious whether that selection is even appropriate, given such miniscule recalls from Hyundai(even after the issue is a glaring life hazard).

Even if I try to look elsewhere, closest competition to Seltos is the Creta, again Hyundai. Now I'm really perplexed and scratching my head as to whether a fully loaded Ecosport/XUV 300 be a better choice, than say, mid variant of Seltos/Creta.
v_square is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 23:54   #1305
BHPian

Hi,

I got Seltos HTK+ petrol and the car is equipped with Kumho tyres. I read in few Seltos groups that the Goodyear tyres have few defects. I would like to know if I can continue with Kumho tyres or need to upgrade. I'm a sedate driver and happy with tyre as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks