Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 13:11   #1426
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post

I have booked a test drive in the coming weeks for both 1.5 D AT and 1.4 T-GDi. I’ve always driven turbo diesels and absolutely love the torque available. What fuel type makes more sense for my kind of running?

Advise
DCT will be the more ‘fun to drive’ car, but considering your usage D AT makes more sense as it drives well due to its torque convertor gearbox and gives better fuel efficiency as well.
aswinpattath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 13:19   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Go for a Diesel AT, 1000+ kms per month will be 12K kms per year, so Diesel would be a wise choice, it will give you good fuel efficiency as well.
Thanks WhiteSierra. I love turbo diesels and I'm kinda leaning on buying the 1.5 D AT especially for the number of kms I would do annually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
DCT will be the more ‘fun to drive’ car, but considering your usage D AT makes more sense as it drives well due to its torque convertor gearbox and gives better fuel efficiency as well.
Yes. From what I've seen/read- DCT is the more 'fun to drive' car. Since Kia has priced the petrol and diesel top end variants so close to each other, makes it even more confusing to decide.
I'm going to test drive both the variants. Heart wants the DCT for the driving experience and DCT, Head wants the 1.5 D AT for the mileage and TC gearbox.
The Riddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 18:07   #1428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Can anyone let me know the current waiting period for the Seltos?
Came here to check on this. I booked a GTX+ diesel AT on 24th Sep. Delivery date promised was 30-45 days but SA seemed confident he could deliver within 30 (Dassera day). Didn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
After raising an complaint with Kia customer care the showroom has sent me an email with Nov 20th as a tentative date. Which would make it a two month waiting period. Quite disappointing.
I just raised a complaint with customer care today on their website. But there was no acknowledgement either by email or SMS so am wondering if it even got registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post
I booked Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT last week. I have been said the waiting period is 45 days.
For Black which is a niche color the company gives less priority as compared to White, Silver and Red.
My preferred colour is Black as well. But they haven't even reached out and offered any alternatives (like VW had 10 years ago when I bought the Vento). Dealer insists it's a Kia problem and keeps fobbing me off to "next week". Disappointing experience.
Old 29th October 2020, 18:32   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

I just raised a complaint with customer care today on their website. But there was no acknowledgement either by email or SMS so am wondering if it even got registered.
My email/website complaint got no response. I called on thier customer care number and lodged a complaint with thier sales department. Got a call from the dealer the following day and I requested them to send me an email marking Kia as well.

They seem more interested in selling the Sonet now.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 19:13   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came here to check on this. I booked a GTX+ diesel AT on 24th Sep. Delivery date promised was 30-45 days but SA seemed confident he could deliver within 30 (Dassera day). Didn't happen.

I am not surprised. I was finalising between the Creta Diesel and Seltos Diesel and finally fixed the Creta, but I didn't receive a single call from the Kia dealer about my plans. As mentioned, they have a huge backlog of Sonets and (perhaps) Seltoses.
You can look at the Creta if that's available and you are up to it. I got my SXO Diesel AT in 15 days.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 19:41   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Try calling up on their customer care no. They seem to be quite responsive over the call atleast. They assured me a call from the dealer within 48 hrs to address my issue, but I got one within 6 hrs!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 10:17   #1432

Is there an expected introduction of the iMT in Seltos?

The cost to convenience ratio comes out to be the best, as in case of the Sonet, it offers almost all the convenience of the DCT but at a much lower cost.

I, for one, would prefer to go for an automatic, but can't justify the excessive cost, the iMT offers a sweet middle-ground.

iMT: intelligent manual transmission - essentially a manual transmission sans clutch
Old 30th October 2020, 11:02   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
SA seemed confident he could deliver within 30 (Dassera day). Didn't happen.

My preferred colour is Black as well. But they haven't even reached out and offered any alternatives (like VW had 10 years ago when I bought the Vento). Dealer insists it's a Kia problem and keeps fobbing me off to "next week". Disappointing experience.
Dealer says some delay in production and nationwide delay in receiving promised vehicle lots. Company isn't responding to dealers as well. Hyderabad flooding also accounted.
Some external factors leading to delay in dispatching vehicles to dealerships.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 12:00   #1434

We got our Seltos HTK+ Diesel Auto in August and it has been a good 3 months with the car. Its mostly been city usage with one long highway drive from Ahmedabad to Mumbai and back. I have found the car extremely comfortable and never felt it out of power during overtaking.

For Diwali, I am planning to drive from Ahmedabad to Jabalpur with my wife and 6 yr old daughter. Since its a long drive (~20 hrs), we will be doing it over 2 days with a night stop at Indore.

Has anyone tried pushing the seats down of Seltos and make it a flat bed for the kids and adults to use it? I was thinking of make it flat and use matting so that the kid is comfortable lying down or sleeping on the way. I checked the back of the seat by putting it down and its not completely flat also I felt that the back has some metal reinforcements running intermittently which could be an issue on bad roads.

Any feedback / usage comments would be really helpful.
Carate_Kid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 13:07   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Today I faced the issue of UVO frozen all of a sudden while driving.

No apple carplay or andriod auto were connected. Just the USB was connected for playing music and inbuilt navigation was on.

Once it froze, none of the on screen buttons at the bottom were responding, but rest of the screen responded, menu items at the top, on screen music controls responded, but were useless since no volume, no navigation voice guidance, steering mounted controls on LHS were not responding.

There was no reverse camera or 360 degree camera feed too. Surely missed them when it was most needed since had to do few tight parking and U turns on narrow hill roads, Worse part is display was always on! switching on /off the car didnt help, potentially it could have drained the whole battery if parked overnight !!
Too much electronics in something as critical to life and limb as an automobile is worrying. All these fancy features like connected vehicles, 360 deg cameras are fine when they work properly. Otherwise they can become hassles when they fail, and cause other issues due to the integrated hardware in the car.
Old 30th October 2020, 14:37   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hi all,

I’m planning to upgrade my Punto 90 HP to a Seltos GTX+. I have not decided if its going to be Petrol or Diesel. But it has to be an automatic. My running will be a minimum of 1000kms/month- might go up to 2000kms in some months (80% highways + 20% city)

I have booked a test drive in the coming weeks for both 1.5 D AT and 1.4 T-GDi. I’ve always driven turbo diesels and absolutely love the torque available. What fuel type makes more sense for my kind of running?

If at all I decide on a petrol, it is going to be my first petrol car.

Advise
Well coming from the same stable, I too am upgrading from my Punto Evo 90HP to a GTX+ Diesel AT (though yet to be delivered).
I think whatever be the variant diesel will always have running costs lower if you are driving daily. Petrol pinches due to low efficiency or else Petrol makes a lot of sense if your running is low and once or twice a year highway runs.
Old 30th October 2020, 15:37   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carate_Kid View Post
Has anyone tried pushing the seats down of Seltos and make it a flat bed for the kids and adults to use it? I was thinking of make it flat and use matting so that the kid is comfortable lying down or sleeping on the way. I checked the back of the seat by putting it down and its not completely flat also I felt that the back has some metal reinforcements running intermittently which could be an issue on bad roads.

Any feedback / usage comments would be really helpful.
As per the pics from official review, rear seats cannot be completely flat when folded down.
Old 30th October 2020, 15:52   #1438

Hi, I have checked that its not completely flat. However, its not very steep as well and wanted to know if someone has used it like a bed for kids / adults with some matting / mattresses. Any insight would be really helpful.
Old 30th October 2020, 20:37   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carate_Kid View Post
Hi, I have checked that its not completely flat. However, its not very steep as well and wanted to know if someone has used it like a bed for kids / adults with some matting / mattresses. Any insight would be really helpful.
Have you checked inflatable car beds like the following?
https://www.amazon.in/LEOPAX-Inflata...s%2C352&sr=8-5
Old 30th October 2020, 23:35   #1440
BHPian

I have a doubt regarding Seltos HTX manual. Can we turn on the A/C through Uvo App in the manual Variant? I know this function is available in HTX for the automatic but I want to know if it is available for the manual as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks