Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:05   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
It is the rear view camera which is above the number plate. I used DRVM for the first time while it is raining and I was surprised to see the droplets.
The DVRM is worthless during rains. Speaking from my experience, the way the camera gets soiled, you can't even use it for reversing too until you step out and clean the camera again. The video quality is also not so great during night time but does the job.

Rear wash wipe is a serious boon during monsoon and the highways. Being used to it in my previous car, it was the most important reason why I upgraded to HTK+.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd July 2020 at 20:09.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:02   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I am looking for a city runabout car. So, no to Harrier. As its too big. My other daily driver is a Fortuner auto.

T-ROC is seriously cramped. Brezza in comparison is spacious and comfortable.
Booking the Seltos HTX + diesel AT, tomorrow morning.
I think you should go with the GTX+ as with the revised price there is hardly any difference between the prices of the two around 85,000 but the feature differences are a lot:
  • 360 Degree Camera
  • HUD
  • 6 airbags vs. 2 Airbags in HTX+
  • ESC
  • HAC
  • Brake Assist
  • VSM
  • GT Line Rims if you prefer them
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Traction and Drive Modes

Even though you would have done your extensive research already its just a suggestion.

Last edited by sv97 : 23rd July 2020 at 21:10.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 09:11   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I have driven on highways extensively at night in the Seltos (1k total of the 5k done) and I very honestly found that it lit the road brilliantly. Haven't driven it on the highway, in rains, at night (only rains in the city) so can't really comment
Thanks Stribog. Will it be possible to share couple of pics, from the driver seat at night, for me to get a better idea.
Old 24th July 2020, 21:34   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Thanks Stribog. Will it be possible to share couple of pics, from the driver seat at night, for me to get a better idea.
Most definitely will. Have to identify some dark side street though as usually the roads near my place and my usual routes are well lit
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 21:49   #1205

Hey all!

So I recently picked up my 1st car, the Kia Seltos HTK+ Petrol MT in Steel Silver. Earlier family had a Maruti 800 and then in 2014 a Honda Amaze Diesel. It's been five days since I got the Seltos. The car is absolutely fantastic and I'm loving it. Will post a detailed review soon.

Post delivery I got a couple of things done in after market. A leather wrap for steering, door and bumper guards and a got a removable type steering lock. One more thing I got done was installing a GPS Tracker. The model is J3i Phoenix Security. It shows ignition ON/OFF and live location. No engine cut off option is there.

Installation was done by the company technician directly at the aftermarket shop. He seemed to be experienced at what he was doing. The power for the GPS was tapped by using a 'Scotch Lock' connecter. At the time of installation, I didn't know in detail about it and I only had a vague idea and knew it doesn't cut the wire but only splices it. Now out of curiosity, after googling about it and researching the forum, it's not clear if it will void the warranty or not.

Maruti had honoured the warranty when a fellow BHPian had installed an illuminated door plate in after market. The service people initially objected to it but apparently using scotch lock / T Tap is given in their own accessory installation manual and they accepted it. But elsewhere I find Team BHPians staying clear of such Scotch Lock connectors or T Taps.

Friends, I am really worried and anxious now. In case something happens, will this void my electrical warranty? And to what extent will my electrical warranty be void? Is there a way to reverse it? Please help! Cheers!
silver_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 13:02   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_rider View Post
Hey all!

Friends, I am really worried and anxious now. In case something happens, will this void my electrical warranty? And to what extent will my electrical warranty be void? Is there a way to reverse it? Please help! Cheers!

Congratulations on your new car. I have the same variant in the same colour. I love this car and happy to have picked it up.

To answer your your question. If you try to reverse it you would have to change the whole wiring assembly that has a splice. if the same can be done easily then ensure you get the part from KIA itself as quality of wiring is definitely not something to be ignored.

Splicing the cable most definitely will void your warranty but you would have to be extremely unlucky for the dealership discovering the same. If it is at a spot which cannot be easily identified then dont worry now that the deed has been done and hope for the best.

In case you do require electrical warranty related service in future I would suggest removing the GPS unit before you take it to the dealership as it would make the job of tracking the spliced portion easier for them.

I never tweak any of my cars but my father unknowingly got both our SX4's (now sold) headlamps upgraded before taking delivery and that involved splicing up cables. We drove both the cars extensively and regularly claimed warranty. We were lucky as even after we only lead our SA to discover the same he did not dishonour our subsequent warranty claims. Our claims were always genuine to start with. I highly doubt that in case of warranty claim the service center would track each and every cable. They do not have the time.

I am sure they would be able to guess that the cable has been spliced in case of headlamp upgrades or upgrades related to ICE but seltos being very well loaded already they wouldn't suspect a thing. just remove the gps unit in case you need to.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 10:05   #1207
BHPian

Booked a Seltos diesel Automatic GTX plus in Black color. Delhi registration, 10 year ban not withstanding.

Surprised to know that it has a waiting of about a month.

I know DCT is similarly priced but the unreliable gearbox reviews and insistence on buying a Diesel car by wife have made me book a diesel.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 11:21   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a Seltos diesel Automatic GTX plus in Black color. Delhi registration, 10 year ban not withstanding.

Surprised to know that it has a waiting of about a month.

I know DCT is similarly priced but the unreliable gearbox reviews and insistence on buying a Diesel car by wife have made me book a diesel.
Congratulations!!!

Great that you went for GTX+ as after the recent price hikes in the price of HTX+ and the lack of safety features makes it a no-brainer on stretching the budget and going for the GTX+.

Last edited by sv97 : 28th July 2020 at 11:23.
Old 30th July 2020, 12:04   #1209
BHPian

Ideas on how to black out the chrome in bonnet area. Ideally a fully reversible one in case it looks ugly
Old 30th July 2020, 17:35   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Hi folks,

I have a Kia seltos booking done with JSP KIA, Hosur road. But due to personal reasons no longer wanted to proceed with the purchase. I requested them to cancel the booking and refund the amount on 14-May and still waiting for the refund. None of my emails has been answered. Can anyone please help with KIA India customer service email where I can add to escalate.

Regards
SE
Normally Kia is very prompt in refunding the booking amount. I have also done cancellation a few months back and the amount was credited to my account within 3 days of submitting cancellation request.

Kia India Customer care is 1800 108 500. I got help from this number
Old 30th July 2020, 22:24   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Ideas on how to black out the chrome in bonnet area. Ideally a fully reversible one in case it looks ugly
Came across a fellow BHP-ians post on the same. Looks really neat. Planning to do the same on my soon to be purchased Seltos. I just can't stand the sight of chrome. The chrome in the rear especially looks very tacky in an otherwise good looking car.

Check it out.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-36.html (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

Last edited by The Riddler : 30th July 2020 at 22:26. Reason: Added a few thoughts
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 22:40   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I’ve never been a fan of too much chrome. So, today I got my GTX+ wrapped. Thought I’d share a few pictures here. Wrapped the following in gloss black:
1. Roof, roof rails, OVRM wrapped
2. Front grill chrome, door handle chrome, chrome side headings and chrome strip on the boot wrapped in gloss black
3. Added a subtle red strip to the OVRM on the detailer’s insistence, to match the other red accents
Let me know what you guys think.
Hey, looks stunning, could you share the costs?
Old 30th July 2020, 22:48   #1213
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, looks stunning, could you share the costs?
Thanks! I spent 12k to 14k for this. I didn’t go for the best quality of wrap available as in gloss black, couldn’t see much of a difference.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 11:08   #1214
BHPian

Guys, I am supposed to get delivery of my Seltos GTX+ diesel AT, next week. I am very keen for a tire upgrade as I absolutely didn't like the grip/ride quality of the original Goodyears.

I am interested in Michelin. However, I have 2 options, 235/55R17 or the O.E. size 215/60R17. The price difference between the 2 sizes , after trading in my brand new tires is about 30k, which is a lot, to say the least.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 1st August 2020 at 11:08. Reason: spellcheck
Old 1st August 2020, 12:08   #1215
BANNED

Quote:
I am interested in Michelin. However, I have 2 options, 235/55R17 or the O.E. size 215/60R17. The price difference between the 2 sizes, after trading in my brand new tires is about 30k, which is a lot, to say the least.
Get the OEM size i.e. 215/60 R17. 235-section is overkill IMHO. Michelin's are the best, get them. That ₹30,000 can be used elsewhere like in accessories or PPF etc.

I've done 81,500 kms so far on my 2017 Hyundai Creta SX(O) that came shod with Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport (215/60 R17) tyres and never have I felt that I would need to upsize. 215-section has sufficient grip be wet or dry.

Congratulations in advance for the Seltos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks