Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2020, 13:08   #1126
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

The Distance To Empty (DTE) calculation from the training manual, as received from an SA :

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200704125853.png
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 16:16   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
Hi guys
1. No front parking sensor (important)
6. Last and very important I hate the looks of the new Creta.
New Creta as a overall package is better however since you have mentioned the looks to be 'very important', you can go ahead with Seltos. I personally just love Seltos's looks as well. Assuming that you would be owning this car for at least 4-5 years (or more), the looks do become important.

Please do let us know what you decide.
Old 4th July 2020, 16:26   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
13. Paddle shifter enchances your automatic vehicle experience and auto hold and e park brake adds more convience. Makes seltos looks outdated.
This one point makes it worth to go for Creta. Since, the major components are similar in both the Cars, the choice would be about the features. So, my advice for anyone confused between Seltos and Creta would be as follows:-

Manual transmission - Go for Seltos
Automatic transmission - Go for Creta.

You may either use or never use some of the features, but paddle shifters are confidence boosters for someone, who has upgraded from Manual to Automatic. They are not cosmetic, but very handy in City as well as in highways.

Seltos is better in all other aspects, as it pleases driving enthusiasts.

Last edited by jaaz : 4th July 2020 at 16:27.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 13:42   #1129
BHPian

Hello BHPian

Finally! I am eligible to contribute something in team-BHP after being an read only user for so many years now. I am glad and happy for my FIRST post. Eventually, this is the same time where I am going to get my Badass. Yeah, I will be driving my SELTOS GTX+ DCT home next week.

Thanks to all BHPians for helping me to choose my car and variant.

My story starts way back in 2009 when I bought my first car Swift VDI with my own earnings. Eventually I paid 60% of my salary to EMI. Crazy period.

After 10 Years of driving, I wanted to get a new car and started my search last year same month. I started with Harrier and almost finalized it untill I took a test drive which made my to change my mind. Then moved to Jeep Compass but out of my budget. Then Creta but everyone said wait for facelift. Moved to MG Hector and almost booked it before I took a test drive of Seltos.

This time, I didn’t turn around. I paid the booking amount as soon as I visited showroom in Sept 2019 and had to wait till now for owning it (because of personal and COVID).

After paying booking amount, choosing the variant was hell. Eventually read all the threads on BHP day and night. Saw all the reviews in various languages. It was a crazy period.

And now, after all my hurdles I am hoping to drive my GTX+ DCT by next week. It is again a time where I feel an hour like day and day like week. Thanks to my company leasing policy. I will share my experience with Dealers (in Bangalore) / Booking / Delivery / Leasing shortly in my next post.

I would like to end with thanking this thread and reviews which was of great help to me.
temala is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 23:13   #1130
BHPian

Could anyone help me with an off topic query, my cousin's parked GTX was vandalised and the left wing mirror with it's camera were found in smithereens on the roadside.
Although he has zero dep insurance, we are wondering if the part is available anywhere aftermarket or online to do a DIY repair job? Also, does KIA allow over the counter sales of its OEM spares for private installation?
Anyone been in a similar situation, thanks in advance!
Old 6th July 2020, 00:54   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
my cousin's parked GTX was vandalised and the left wing mirror with it's camera were found in smithereens on the roadside.
Although he has zero dep insurance,
Sorry to hear about that.
IMHO the ORVM housing and mirror with camera is going to be expensive.
Since you mentioned that the car is covered under zero depreciation policy, I think it’s best to get it replaced under insurance.

KIA does sell the accessories over the counter but I don’t think that’s true for spare parts.
As far as DIY is concerned, the car is still under warranty, it’s best to not fiddle with it.
Old 6th July 2020, 06:36   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Could anyone help me with an off topic query, my cousin's parked GTX was vandalised and the left wing mirror with it's camera were found in smithereens on the roadside.
Although he has zero dep insurance, we are wondering if the part is available anywhere aftermarket or online to do a DIY repair job? Also, does KIA allow over the counter sales of its OEM spares for private installation?
Anyone been in a similar situation, thanks in advance!
You can always claim your insurance. The left mirror will be an expensive affairs as it contains auto fold function (with lock and unlock), LED turn indicators, Camera that is connected to 360 degree view screen and blind spot monitor. They will paint it according to the color of the car.

The car being new won't be available online or have a aftermarket solution neither will Kia sell spares for private installation. Their main priority is the Kia service station (they have spare part problem and it's no lie due to the lockdown in Chennai) I recently had a lot of part changes in cars and it took 45 days to arrive (items like Bose speaker, ventilated seats, brake vacuum that were damaged)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th July 2020 at 08:14. Reason: typo edited
Old 6th July 2020, 09:56   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
Yeah, I will be driving my SELTOS GTX+ DCT home next week.

After 10 Years of driving, I wanted to get a new car and started my search last year same month. I started with Harrier and almost finalized it untill I took a test drive which made my to change my mind. Then moved to Jeep Compass but out of my budget. Then Creta but everyone said wait for facelift. Moved to MG Hector and almost booked it before I took a test drive of Seltos.

And now, after all my hurdles I am hoping to drive my GTX+ DCT by next week.
Congratulations on the Seltos pick, wish you many happy miles !

I have a few questions on your choice... (I tried to DM but private message isn't allowed for you)
1. Did you test drive the 2020 Harrier automatic and then rejected? What was bad?
2. On the Compass, if budget wasn't the issue, would you have bought it? Does it deserve the premium pricing and worth it?
3. GTX+ DCT, why... anything specific behind the decision?
Old 6th July 2020, 11:20   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Congratulations on the Seltos pick, wish you many happy miles !

I have a few questions on your choice... (I tried to DM but private message isn't allowed for you)
1. Did you test drive the 2020 Harrier automatic and then rejected? What was bad?
Automatic was not available when I took test drive last year. I loved the design but felt driving Harrier in city would be nightmare. Haven't tried automatic version.

Quote:
2. On the Compass, if budget wasn't the issue, would you have bought it? Does it deserve the premium pricing and worth it?
I still feel it is a little overpriced.

Quote:
3. GTX+ DCT, why... anything specific behind the decision?
Frankly, I drove diesel for all these years and wanted to move to petrol. My family had requirements each which fits only with this version. I had to cover all of them and ended with GTX+ DCT.
temala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 23:51   #1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
As I understand from my SA, Seltos still has long delivery backlog and they are still maintaining good rate of conversion of enquiries to sales. Hence discounts/offers are hard to come by, either on the car price or the accessories. The only options to save some money are
- dont opt for the default accessories kit, choose only the important ones
- dont opt for unlimited km warranty, instead choose the other option
- insurance is one area which is entirely in the hands of the dealer. Get a quote from outside and negotiate with the dealer or go with outside insurance, although take a call based on the feature comparison between Kia insurance and the outside one
- also make sure that TCS is charged at 0.75% and not 1%. Now the rates have been reduced by the govt

All these cumulatively will result in significant savings off the final price
Hey thanks a lot for the Input mankuthimma. I did the same thing & got a quotation from a marketing company Addis . They gave me a better quotation, I negotiated with Kia dealer & told him that I want to cancel the booking as I am getting a better deal from outside where they are giving accessories like “matting , anti rust coating & taflone “ for free & reduced insurance price . So not they have offered me the similar quotation 😁(taflone coating not included)
insane11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:35   #1136
BHPian

Can T10 LED bulbs be used anywhere on the Seltos HTK ?

I have a pair of T10's with me "Unused for a year" and my cousin just got a Seltos HTK which could do with a little white light. I know that for positioning lights it uses a 1157 and even for brake lights its the same but I could not figure out where to put the T10's.

Any help will be great.
Old 7th July 2020, 11:08   #1137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
Can T10 LED bulbs be used anywhere on the Seltos HTK ?
Check the registration number plate and the HMSL too could be T10.
Old 7th July 2020, 11:30   #1138
BHPian

Hi did anyone installed a roof mount cross bars and Bike carrier for your seltos ? If so kindly share the pics and source.

I am preferably looking for roof mount and not Trunk or Hitch
Old 7th July 2020, 15:51   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi did anyone installed a roof mount cross bars and Bike carrier for your seltos ? If so kindly share the pics and source.

I am preferably looking for roof mount and not Trunk or Hitch
As far as I know there are no screw holes for serious type of roof rack or rails at least not in my HTE. The dealership also told me that the roof rails in the higher models were non-functional.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 18:05   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
Hey thanks a lot for the Input mankuthimma.
Glad to know that you were able to snatch a good deal

Another thing which I forgot to mention was NCB certificate. If you have sold your old car, make sure to get the NCB certificate from the previous insurance provider and produce it to the new insurance provider. Since first year insurance cost is at the highest, a good amount from OD component can be saved this way based on the current NCB percentage level. There are detailed posts in this forum on how this often ignored aspect can be taken advantage for saving insurance cost.

I was not successful in getting the NCB certificate, was made to run pillar to post between Maruti Insurance and New India Assurance, got fed up and gave up the hopes of getting the NCB certificate. May be I need to try again since the certificate is valid for 3 years.

Another update:
Today my car went for its first service, it was exactly one month up, but mileage had hardly touched 500 km. Service wise, it was just a general inspection and a dry wash. But I must applaud the Kia Service teams's SOP for COVID-19 safety.

Since covid-19 situation is getting worsened day by day in BLR, I didn't want to go out, hence was weighing the risks of going personally, drop the car, wait for service and pickup or opt for pickup/drop facility. Even though was not keen on letting someone else drive the car, thought that opting for pickup/drop was relatively less risky in the current situation. Kia Service was kind enough to understand my concerns and offered it as complimentary, even though initially they insisted it was chargeable.

The person who came for pickup took all the due care - initially disinfected the common touch points, both outside and inside, using a 3M disinfectant. Then he covered the steering wheel, gear lever and seat with what looked like a white plastic sheet before he got in. I was told that the car will be again disinfected before and after the service. All the discussions happened over the phone and was able to track the progress online. On dropping the car, the same person came, directly parked it in my parking slot and removed all the protective sheets laid out inside the car.

Overall an impressive experience with Kia Service !

I am not planning to touch the car for another 2-3 days and will disinfect the common touch points myself again before using the car.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2020 at 19:03. Reason: Paragraph spacing added; extra smileys deleted
mankuthimma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks