Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 20:13   #646
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I'm surprised to hear than IVT variant is not available for test drive. When the car was first launched, Chennai dealers offered IVT variant for test drive after about a couple of weeks after the launch. But not sure how it is now. Maybe there isn't much demand for this variant given that there are no options like sunroof & Bose speakers

Last edited by akrish01 : 15th March 2020 at 20:13. Reason: Correction
Old 15th March 2020, 21:43   #647
Senior - BHPian

Heard that many fuel outlets like Reliance have started to dispense BS6 fuels.Just wondering if it's ok to refill with BS6 fuel to a fuel tank half filled with BS4 fuel ? i've a diesel Seltos which is anyways BS6 compliant but little apprehensive about mixing both fuels.

i've been refuelling from Shell outlets in Bangalore who have not yet started getting BS6 supplies (basis my query with couple of Shell bunk managers ).Has anyone filled BS6 fuel in their Seltos and notice any difference?

For records, i've twice got engine warning light owing to the O2 sensor block in DPF.So keenly waiting for BS6.
Old 16th March 2020, 11:36   #648
BHPian

An autocar article tries to pick the best buy from the 18 variants of Kia seltos & they list the IVT as the best buy......This was my opinion too (best value for money automatic variant) but given that how obsessed people are with diesels, these aren't really selling like hot cakes

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-to-buy-416333
Old 16th March 2020, 11:59   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
An autocar article tries to pick the best buy from the 18 variants of Kia seltos & they list the IVT as the best buy......This was my opinion too (best value for money automatic variant) but given that how obsessed people are with diesels, these aren't really selling like hot cakes
Heck, this one would be my pick, too. Since I don't trust DCT and TC is not available on petrol variant, this one would be my pick, too. Thanks to everyone rushing towards DCT and making it more expensive, now I can get CVT at a lesser price. For the first time in my life, what I want is cheaper than what I do not want. But, unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a new car. If I were, this one would be it.
Old 16th March 2020, 22:15   #650
BHPian

I drive the Diesel GTX + AT (GT Line), and felt that the rear seat is a bit stiff. Especially, when the car goes over bad roads the vibrations are felt quite a bit in the rear seat. So I reduced the air pressure to 32 PSI on all four tires. After this its better but still persists. When I enquired with the dealership, they clarified front suspension are McPherson Strut but rear is a single coil beam type suspension. Thus, the slight discomfort and rigid feeling while sitting in the back. Sometimes, even the mobile phone jumps out of the slot its kept in.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Can something be done to dampen the suspension in the rear without affecting warranty, etc.

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th March 2020 at 04:27. Reason: typo
Old 16th March 2020, 23:46   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
I drive the Diesel GTX + AT (GT Line), and felt that the rear seat is a bit stiff. Especially, when the car goes over bad roads the vibrations are felt quite a bit in the rear seat. So I reduced the air pressure to 32 PSI on all four tires. After this its better but still persists. When I enquired with the dealership, they clarified front tires are McPherson Strut but rear is a single coil beam type suspension. Thus, the slight discomfort and rigid feeling while sitting in the back. Sometimes, even the mobile phone jumps out of the slot its kept in.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Can something be done to dampen the suspension in the rear without affecting warranty, etc.
Yes it's not an independent suspension at the rear. Seltos with 17 inch wheels have a little harsher ride as against 16" ones.Before playing around with the suspension set ups, you can look at upgrading the tyres in case you haven't done it or even downgrading to 16" if you're still unhappy.Guess you're on the stock Good year tyres.

Tweaking suspension of a car is a highly skilled job.Please note the OEM would've spent umpteen hours to fine tune the suspension after many trials and errors. It's not an easy affair.That should be the last resort you should think of.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 09:11   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An autocar article tries to pick the best buy from the 18 variants of Kia seltos & they list the IVT as the best buy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Heck, this one would be my pick, too. Since I don't trust DCT and TC is not available on petrol variant, this one would be my pick, too.
The Creta Launch shows that Hyundai has realized this as well and on the Creta the IVT is available at a higher variants/prices with all the bells and whistles as well.
Old 17th March 2020, 09:58   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Creta Launch shows that Hyundai has realized this as well and on the Creta the IVT is available at a higher variants/prices with all the bells and whistles as well.
Yes i had mentioned that in one of my earlier posts.

One of my friends knows a sales manager in Kia, bangalore & I had asked him at the time i booked the HTX IVT, if there would be a HTX+ variant in IVT anytime soon. I was prepared to wait for it as I thought it would be worth it. But the reply was negative. So i went ahead with the HTX IVT. Now that Hundai has introduced a top end in IVT, Kia might jump in as well
Old 17th March 2020, 11:22   #654
Senior - BHPian

I compared HTK variant of Seltos with equivalent S variant of Creta (with most features available in both) and found Creta S to be expensive by 1.43 Lacs (Ex-Showroom, on-road difference will be even higher).

Why anyone would choose Creta S over Seltos HTK with this kind of price difference?
Old 17th March 2020, 11:57   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I compared HTK variant of Seltos with equivalent S variant of Creta (with most features available in both) and found Creta S to be expensive by 1.43 Lacs (Ex-Showroom, on-road difference will be even higher).

Why anyone would choose Creta S over Seltos HTK with this kind of price difference?
Even the HTK+ MT variant of Kia Seltos is cheaper than the Creta S MT by 30K (On road pricing comparison in Navi Mumbai through Carwale)
And this is the introductory pricing for Creta
Old 17th March 2020, 12:14   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai had built a hype that they will have a competitive pricing to take the market by storm. But this pricing is almost at par with the Seltos (give or take a few thousands across variants) and not exactly a surprise.

The lower/mid variants of Seltos were VFM compared to lower/mid variants of out-going Creta. The new Creta fixes this issue and increases options for the consumer. I read this as a collaboration between Seltos and Creta (and not a competition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

If you compare the features closely, for Seltos HTK, the comparable variant is Creta EX. Between the HTK and EX, Seltos is expensive by 30k. Similarly, the S variant is more expensive than the HTK+ by ~30k.

These would be a fair comparison between variants would be:
HTE -> E
HTK -> EX
HTK+-> S
HTX -> SX
HTX+-> SX(o)

Check out the following post. It has few errors though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Detailed Price comparison between Seltos and Creta

Attachment 1980645

Source - WhatsApp

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th March 2020 at 12:15.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 13:17   #657
BHPian

I have filled 2 tankfull with Shell V Power and instantly I have had the yellow DPF light on and my advisor says that it is the sulphur content (not sure if this is legit).

From 0-4,000 kms it was run on a BPCL COCO regular diesel and never had this issue.

I use 2 tankfulls from Shell (V Power) and in 300 kms have this issue.

Is there a possible co-relation?
Old 17th March 2020, 13:31   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I have filled 2 tankfull with Shell V Power and instantly I have had the yellow DPF light on and my advisor says that it is the sulphur content (not sure if this is legit).

From 0-4,000 kms it was run on a BPCL COCO regular diesel and never had this issue.

I use 2 tankfulls from Shell (V Power) and in 300 kms have this issue.

Is there a possible co-relation?
IMO, I would like to blame the premium fuel here but it could be mere coincidence too. I am not an expert but have reasons to believe that premium fuel is not right for Seltos D.

I have not faced this issue till date but have interacted with several owners (on WA and FB groups) who got check engine light on their diesel Seltos. Each of them confirmed they were using premium diesel and most popular brand among them was Shell V-Power. I had shared my observation in the following posts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Having interacted with few owners who faced Check Engine light issue, I could also see a common trait - refueling with premium fuel such as VPower, Extrapower and refueling in remote areas. It could be a mere coincidence and I could be wrong here. I haven't tried any premium fuel in my car till date.
Quote:
I tried to find a pattern and have concluded this so far - avoid premium diesel fuels and avoid refilling at pumps in small towns. I read few articles which report that BS6 fuel is being supplied to major metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad (can anyone confirm this?). If this is true, then its better to stick to fuel bunks in these major cities to avoid DPF issues.
As for me, I have never tried any premium fuel till date. However, I have used normal diesel from different bunks and brands - IOC, HP, Essar, Reliance and Shell.

On a related note, can you confirm if have driven the last ~500+ kms strictly in conditions when the DPF regeneration couldn't have been possible (engine RPM was never above 2k RPM consistently for more than 20-30 mins)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I have a Seltos GTX+ D AT and the dealer Epitome Kia in Bangalore clearly asked me to fill only normal diesel and not fall for Shell V Power. The dealer is located 200 metres from Shell and hence all customers head straight to Shell to top up the tank after purchase. the 1st 5 liter coupon is also of Shell. And each time I go to Shell, thier staff try to sell V-Power for superior performance. None of them are aware of the BS 4 Vs 6 issue and each time I tell them to stick to normal diesel. Touchwood, so far, have not seen this issue in my car.
Thanks! Your post reinforces my belief to continue to with normal diesel.
And yes, Shell guys try their best to sell you their premium fuel only, be it petrol or diesel.

Edit: I remember reading in the manual where it recommends using fuel without additives. Will try to find it and post here.

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th March 2020 at 13:51.
Old 17th March 2020, 13:43   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that Hundai has introduced a top end in IVT, Kia might jump in as well
Not until the facelift which would be 2.5 years away. As called out by ashis89, Hyundai and Kia are working in a cooperation mode and not competitive mode.

Quote:
And not exactly a surprise. I read this as a collaboration between Seltos and Creta (and not a competition)
That is correct - its a model of cooperation and not competition.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 13:46   #660
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, I would like to blame the premium fuel here but it could be mere coincidence too. I am not an expert but have reasons to believe that premium fuel is not right for Seltos D.

Each of them confirmed they were using premium diesel and most popular brand among them was Shell V-Power.
I have a Seltos GTX+ D AT and the dealer Epitome Kia in Bangalore clearly asked me to fill only normal diesel and not fall for Shell V Power. The dealer is located 200 metres from Shell and hence all customers head straight to Shell to top up the tank after purchase. the 1st 5 liter coupon is also of Shell. And each time I go to Shell, thier staff try to sell V-Power for superior performance. None of them are aware of the BS 4 Vs 6 issue and each time I tell them to stick to normal diesel. Touchwood, so far, have not seen this issue in my car.
aroonanand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks