Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2023, 12:03   #2716
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
In my case when I refused this so called card, they got agitated asking why would I refuse the card as it was specifically for my "4 wheeler". When I questioned them if they could tell me which vehicle I own, they said thank you and hung up.
These people think car buyers are ill-informed about how road side assistance works, that too our fellow Team BHPians .

They arent even convincing , this guy was promising me 10 years of road side assistance for absolutely zero cost & only card activation charge of 5k . Reported it to service provider & seeing options to open a ncr if this continues.
CosmicGeneral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 21:47   #2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I purchased by 1.4 Turbo 7DCT Seltos in Dec 2019. In early 2021 I had an issue with the gearbox, the car was jumping gears from 1 to 3/4. We were told it was a gearbox issue and it was fixed under the warranty.

Late last summer my from left suspension started making noises and we had to pay for the replacement. However the issue didn't go away for until another month or two even after sending the car multiple times to the service center when they kept saying the issue is resolved when it clearly wasn't. This January they've mentioned that the suspension that was changed had an issue with it, so the replaced the new suspension again.

Since the last 4 months I've noticed a slight jerk randomly when the gears are shifting. My driver who drives the car most of the time didn't notice but I could initially. During the suspension issue, even though I've complained on the gear jerk, they couldn't replicate it during the test drives. The issue has creeped in a lot more in late Feb and we've sent the car back to service center couple of weeks ago and I was told that there's an issue with the clutch plates which are worth around 1.4L (what I was told verbally) and they will be replaced under the warranty. The car has been sitting at the workshop for almost two weeks now and I'm expecting the car back this week.

Luckily I'm in the warranty period of the car as it's my 3rd year, I don't know if I can still get the extended warranty but I'm considering it now seeing all the issues I'm facing in the first couple of years.

I just want to give you all a heads up to the issues I've gone through and hopefully none of you will have to.

If it's a jerk could be related to mine but stiffness I don't know what you mean exactly.
Hello there sweetvar26,
This thread is a year old I know.
Please bare with me.

I own a 2020 Seltos GTX+ DCT.
I did not get the extended warranty, as it did not make sense to shell out the absurd premium that KIA India was asking for 2 more years.
As of now, my car has clocked 20,000 km on the odo.

I am facing some issues with my vehicle, and your thread was the one I could relate to the most.

My issues are as follow:

1. The suspension does not feel the same. Suspension components do wear out naturally, but when I compare it to other Seltos that have clocked significantly high mileage than mine it does not make any sense.

Observation: There is no noise - the ride feels stiffer than usual.

I went to my local dealership to inspect it, and they reported that the components are working as they should.
(I am a bit tensed as my warranty is coming to an end ~got a couple of months left)

2. During hard acceleration, there is a rapid tap-tap noise emanating from the engine bay. I am thinking it is a result of improper valve timing during WOT condition. And I intend to get the dealership to inspect it and sort it out.

3. DCT jerkiness, my car has always been jerky.
I have taken extreme care to preserve the gearbox.
But as of lately, when the vehicle is shifting between 1-2-3 gears there is a very minute but noticeable jerkiness.

I knew that Hyundai/Kia Dry DCT units are unreliable even before purchasing it. It was never intended to be the family car, it has been solely driven by me for my daily commute and few joy rides here and there - so it made sense then to splurge and get the DCT variant.

I avoid creeping in traffic, The gearbox is disengaged if a stop requires more than 10 second halt, Hills/Gradients are avoided as much as possible along with hill starts. I have always been paranoid about the DCT going bad, and as always when the warranty is nearing it’s end, issues start to creep up.

I have always been a passive Bhp-ian, this is my first quote. So kindly excuse any errors in the format I have written here, and do drop any suggestions.

I have raised an issue for the said complaints with my dealership.

I wanted to know if there are any updates to your situation, and what to expect going forward.

I hope to get the issues sorted, sell it off and get a 1.6 sx manual Verna. Sleeper build of course, can’t stand out from the ‘traffic’ in Kerala. So yeah.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2023 at 23:14. Reason: Removing some special characters/emojis from your post as they weren't displaying correctly.
Rudy123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 06:45   #2718
BHPian

Can the headlight highbeams of the of the Kia be adjusted independently of the low beams? There are no instructions in the Owners Manual. I find that the high beams are too high for my low beam settings. I asked the dealer to fix this at the first service, they say it has been adjusted as per manufacturer specs. Not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMORE7KRPM View Post
Yeah it was like that for me also, but if you change the settings as below, it will improve.

1. Go to settings
2 Go to advanced
3. Select Lounge instead of Natural
4. Problem solved

Now actually you will feel that overall sound in the car has double loudness and bass is much more punchy, even rear speakers feel like real speakers now.

but this works only when you are connected to Android auto audio.
NOMORE7KRM, Thanks for sharing this wonderful discovery! What you suggest works. So obviously the issue is with the default setting on Head unit which results in low rear speaker volume. Let me take this issue up with KIA and see how they respond.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2023 at 23:15. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use the EDIT function rather than posting again consecutively within 30 mins :)
bdman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 19:58   #2719
BHPian

I have recently taken delivery of my Seltos D GTX+ and, just like many folks here, I’m finding the suspension quite stiff. This is leading to many thumping sounds that quite frankly scares me to some extent. I have been seeing many posts where people are suggesting lowering tyre pressure to 32-33 psi. But will this not affect the FE? Also, I may be wrong, but can we use suspension spacers like Rogerab to improve the ride quality?
Old 5th May 2023, 20:09   #2720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
I have recently taken delivery of my Seltos D GTX+ and, just like many folks here, I’m finding the suspension quite stiff. This is leading to many thumping sounds that quite frankly scares me to some extent. I have been seeing many posts where people are suggesting lowering tyre pressure to 32-33 psi. But will this not affect the FE? Also, I may be wrong, but can we use suspension spacers like Rogerab to improve the ride quality?
This is a trade off that isn't so costly, diesel economy is not seriously affected, be sure to fill up when traveling with a full load. The tyre wear with under inflation can be high and carries a higher risk of tyre burst.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 20:29   #2721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suspension spacers can make the suspension harder and not otherwise. The suspension softens up after using it for 5k kms or so. Give it some time and meanwhile, you can maintain 32 psi on all the tyres for a better ride.

Last edited by ashis89 : 5th May 2023 at 20:30.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 20:37   #2722
BANNED

Quote:
The Seltos has a slightly hard suspension designed to give it a bit more sporty feel and handling. Lowering tyre pressure below the recommended is not advisable as it can lead to slightly risky situations including loss of traction, tyre cuts, loss of control during rain / wet roads and tyre bursts. Ideally this should have been checked during test drives. You will get used to the hard ride after a bit of use but going below recommended pressure can create more problems than solutions.
wheelnpaddock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 14:02   #2723
BHPian

Seltos facelift spied with panaromic sunroof.
Attaching below the video,
Although the title says creta but when you look closely it's a seltos.
First video showing the top view of seltos facelift.

P.S I don't own this video.
The reason for lot of people including me to buy creta over seltos was solely the panaromic sunroof.
New buyers would surely appreciate it.
Sanket299 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 10:05   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I may be wrong, but can we use suspension spacers like Rogerab to improve the ride quality?
Rogerab is used to make suspension Harder not softer. Typically used in previous generation Honda City like cars which had very soft suspension and used to bottom out on Humps.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 18:55   #2725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
Seltos facelift spied with panaromic sunroof.
Attaching below the video,
Although the title says creta but when you look closely it's a seltos.
First video showing the top view of seltos facelift.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=4IcCyp3sVvo?feature=share

P.S I don't own this video.
The reason for lot of people including me to buy creta over seltos was solely the panaromic sunroof.
New buyers would surely appreciate it.

Every time I read news about panaromic sunroof + Seltos, my eyes lit up
Hope it is true this time! This would a game changer and Creta killer!
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 12:02   #2726
BHPian

Can anyone please help and let me know from where I can get this roof rail cover/clip? I am not able to find this in any local shop nor at Kia ASC.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_0900.jpeg
Old 12th May 2023, 13:26   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Yes its always like that. We have a thread here on the upgrade
Not really, the rear speakers are normal in Android Auto Mode. Details have been posted here by NOMORE7KRPM. I have followed his instructions and found that he is correct. Please try it and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMORE7KRPM View Post
The rear speaker audio setting are for HTE, HTK versions only.. please check the images below, it works only when connected to android auto not in Radio mode
sorry.. I don;t seem to be able to link to the instructions by NOMORE7KRPM.

Last edited by bdman : 12th May 2023 at 13:30.
Old 12th May 2023, 14:24   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Not really, the rear speakers are normal in Android Auto Mode. Details have been posted here by NOMORE7KRPM. I have followed his instructions and found that he is correct. Please try it and report back.
The instructions are for HTK+ and the variants below. GTX and GTX+ comes with the Bose Audio System and the rear speakers are pathetic.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:41   #2729
BHPian

To Seltos owners who have *not* renewed Kia Connect subscription after 3 years, how does the ICE unit behave?
I have not used any of the connected car features or the mobile app anytime. So not so keen on renewing the subscription. I just use the media player to play from my collection in a USB. I expect the media player to continue to work. I also use the maps/navigation, but would fallback on phone if it gets disabled
Just wanted to check if it causes any other inconveniences.

Last edited by mankuthimma : 19th May 2023 at 09:43.
Old 25th May 2023, 16:18   #2730
ADM

Hi, I am owning Seltox HTX, Petrol IVT model since past 1.5 year. It has done ~10K KMs now. Offlet clattering sounds are coming from dashboard/steering area. Its like some plastic parts are rubbing against each other. Highlighted the issue to dealer during annual inspection. He claimed to lubricate the contact area, but sound returned in a months time. Its not very loud sound but sufficient enough to irritate you. Any DIY fix available? Have observed that if I forcefully push infotainment screen , sound vanishes for few mins but again it returns. Pls help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks