Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 10:08   #2731

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

The warning “DEF system fault “ engine stops at “4094”” was checked by the service center and I was told by the technician that they did some reprogramming and the fault message is off. They flushed the DEF tank and checked the system. They didn’t identify and any issue it seems. I am surprised about their response. However they said the warning will go away in 450 KM. I should check on it.

Does anyone else had this kind of issue properly diagnosed and sorted ?
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:55   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring View Post

I'm facing a peculiar issue with my Safari. When the air blower control on the 3rd row is switched off, the A/C unit stops cooling. It seems the A/C cooling is somehow connected to the 3rd row blower controller!
This doesn't sound good. A/C cooling has nothing to do with blower controls at the third row. Please get it checked.

Then the blower at the 3rd row is pretty noisy. Don't think the sound you get is coming from speakers of the audio system, its the noise of the blower most likely. But, still check it yourself once and then get it checked at the ASC if it persists.

Just to let you know, I checked my car for both of these two issues and I don't see them in my car.

Cheers
Pratim
pratim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 10:15   #2733
BHPian

Guys, my truck/elephant/(whatever names suits) is approaching a year and its time for 3rd and final free service.

So far, last one year has been quite uneventful, barring an "check engine" light turning on, on a morning while going to office, that too during pretty early days of my ownership that made me nervous. But, even in that instance, the vehicle performed like nothing happened, though I drove it very carefully. I took leave early from work and visited service station same day. I had a discussion with the folks of the service station before hand. The head of engine and drivetrain diagnostics of the service station took a look, did engine scan and the error vanished. He drove the vehicle with me on co-driver seat for some 15-20 minutes and found everything to be okay. I didn't notice anything abnormal either.

I would say that overall its a great ownership experience so far given the issues reported by other owners in this forum, barring few minor things door stoppers loose and such. I have been enjoying the vehicle thoroughly and it made me way more cautious driver than before, when I used to drive a sedan (Honda City Automatic).

For the one year service: Any suggestions? Anything specific that I should be notifying to the service folks?

Cheers
Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 24th January 2024 at 10:21.
pratim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:11   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Guys, my truck/elephant/(whatever names suits) is approaching a year and its time for 3rd and final free service.

I would say that overall its a great ownership experience so far given the issues reported by other owners in this forum, barring few minor things door stoppers loose and such. I have been enjoying the vehicle thoroughly and it made me way more cautious driver than before, when I used to drive a sedan (Honda City Automatic).

For the one year service: Any suggestions? Anything specific that I should be notifying to the service folks?

Cheers
Pratim
Nice to learn about your satisfying experience with Safari. I can totally relate to it as I am in similar boat - I complete 6 months soon and touch wood, things have been nice so far. For the advice around service, I'd really tell them -"Boss, I don't need any fixing, but please don't break anything for god sake". Honestly, that's my worst fear while giving the car for service next week.
Rodie09 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:48   #2735
BHPian

Quote:
For the one-year service: Any suggestions? Anything specific that I should be notifying the service folks about?

Cheers
Pratim
Make sure they comply with the SOP as per the service manual and tell NO to all value-added services they try to incorporate in the bill. Earlier it was better to do wheel balancing and alignment from service centre rather than outside. Also tell them to check the brake pads and if your infotainment software is working fine, better stick to the current version.

Last edited by greyhound82 : 24th January 2024 at 12:51.
Old 26th January 2024, 10:09   #2736
BHPian

In Safari when we use the turn indicators, it switches the center console to lane change camera mode. Is there a way to turn this off? I usually project the maps and on difficult junctions it's confusing when the maps is turned off and the lane change camera comes on.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 21:58   #2737
BHPian

Guys,
We all know that the headlights are on the weaker side for the Safari. Are there replacement LED bulbs available with better light output and throw without adding a relay or cutting wires for the long beam, short beam and the front fog lights?

Cheers
Pratim
Old 27th January 2024, 22:40   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
In Safari when we use the turn indicators, it switches the center console to lane change camera mode. Is there a way to turn this off? I usually project the maps and on difficult junctions it's confusing when the maps is turned off and the lane change camera comes on.
Not sure if you can turn this off but I think there is one X button on right top of screen using which you can kill the view and see the maps. I can totally relate to your problem here and honestly I am not a fan of checking sides on screen - I still prefer mirrors but these can be a boon in night time.
Old 28th January 2024, 18:22   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
We all know that the headlights are on the weaker side for the Safari. Are there replacement LED bulbs available with better light output and throw without adding a relay or cutting wires for the long beam, short beam and the front fog lights?

Cheers
Pratim
Tata has official accessories, that includes LEDs for the high & low beams. I got mine upgraded at the Tata showroom. I have the contact info of the concerned person at Key Motors, Bannerghatta Road. If that centre is not too far, and if you are interested, I can PM you the contact information.
Old 28th January 2024, 20:06   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Tata has official accessories, that includes LEDs for the high & low beams. I got mine upgraded at the Tata showroom. I have the contact info of the concerned person at Key Motors, Bannerghatta Road. If that centre is not too far, and if you are interested, I can PM you the contact information.
Please send me the contact details.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 28th January 2024, 21:25   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Would you mind sharing the cost. I would really consider upgrading the high beam as the factory setup is quite inadequate for night drives and doesn't bring confidence.
Can you also please share the change you felt and if it was worth the money?
Old 29th January 2024, 01:32   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Would you mind sharing the cost. I would really consider upgrading the high beam as the factory setup is quite inadequate for night drives and doesn't bring confidence.
Can you also please share the change you felt and if it was worth the money?
I had upgraded both my low & high beams. The quote for them was as follows: 6693 for the high beams, and 8999 for the low beams (please note that this quote was around 6 months back, when I had upgraded). I mostly use the low beams itself and it made a huge difference in terms of visibility.

However, the LEDs are 6000K, which can be a problem in foggy and rainy conditions. So, I am in the process of changing my low beams to 4300K LEDs.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 12:49   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
However, the LEDs are 6000K, which can be a problem in foggy and rainy conditions. So, I am in the process of changing my low beams to 4300K LEDs.
I suppose, 4300K is what is known as neutral daylight in the context of home lighting? Yeah, this will have better visibility in fog and rain.

Could you please share the model/make of 4300K LED bulbs for low beams? Also, please do share the model/make for the high beam also.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 29th January 2024, 15:22   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
I had upgraded both my low & high beams. The quote for them was as follows: 6693 for the high beams, and 8999 for the low beams (please note that this quote was around 6 months back, when I had upgraded). I mostly use the low beams itself and it made a huge difference in terms of visibility.

Thanks mate!

I would only be looking for high beam upgrade. How's the performance improvement been on those?
Old 30th January 2024, 11:55   #2745
BHPian

I talked to KHT service centre at Whitefield Bangalore on this headlight upgrades. I have an appointment tomorrow for 3rd free service, on completion of 1 year.

They have stocks for high beam. It's a Blaupunkt Velocity Power 12v, 55w H7 lamp with 5500 lumens and 6000k colour temperature. A pair of these lamps costs Rs 6700/-.

@Aiel, is this the lamp/bulb you have used?

Is it okay to for a white LED light for the high beam? My main complaint is for the low beam actually. I seldom use high beams.

Cheers
Pratim

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks