Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 19:27   #2596
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Good Update there Kartik!!

I have exactly same car, took delivery 5 days back. Good to know you are enjoying your ride to fullest.

As I said, I'd be posting my doubts, queries and experiences frequently here. Just 4-5 days of ownership and about 200+ kms only so far. Looking forward to longer drives on highway in coming days. I have note yet figured out all features and functions - didn't get time to explore much.

First Week Ownership: Early observations

1.Quite a looker, massive street presence. People around me loved the overall look and interiors too.
2. Vehicle does feel premium unless one has a very keen eye for fit finish.
Trouble free so far except for turn indicator camera glitch which just auto resolved.
3. Steering is heavy for sure, but I kind of like it. With the commanding seating and the solid steering, you get a very butch SUV feel while driving. I realized only today that tire pressure was set at 37 instead of 33. Need to check the steering after deflating to 33.
4. However, what I didn't like was a bit too much feedback coming from the road. Specially on broken roads and slow speed, the steering gets thrown away by the feedback - uptil your palm and wrist. Some dampening could have helped.
5. First gear in auto tranny feels taller. I'd have preferred to shift earlier to 2nd gear. Thereon its smooth. But it does take time to build up speed once slowed by a bump.
6. Solid build, no two things about it.
7. Very smooth and impressive infotainment overall.
8. Some engine noise creep into the cabin but it isnt a lot. I haven't got a chance yet to go even at 100. I will stick to max 80-90 during run in.
9. I didnt find it difficult to maneuver coming from a Fluidic Verna. Took 2-3 drives for me to adapt to this beast.

Will keep adding more a I drive more.
Wanted to add a picture of my stead, sharing now! To me Safari looks stunning from all angles, black white combo in Adventure edition just make it even better.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-safari.jpg  

Rodie09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 09:23   #2597
BHPian

Did spend some more time with the Safari since last post. Another observation that I wanted to cross check with fellow owners here:

Do you get this slight feedback on the accelerator pedal intermittently? Initially I thought it to be coming on rough patches only and the feel is similar to what you get on ABS kick in, albeit on the accelerator pedal instead of brake, and of much less magnitude.

Yesterday I was feeling it at times on a highway as well, again intermittently and when 'd open the throttle a bit more.

Anyone having similar observation or can shed some light if that's normal?

Thanks in advance.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 14:12   #2598
BHPian

Based on my aggregations done over various past monthly Indian Car sales thread posts, The new 2021 TATA Safari has crossed 50K units ( Actuals at ~51K units) as of July 2023.

No press release or promotional posts on social media. Harrier had some posts when it crossed the 1 Lakh milestone, though.

Together, the Harrier/Safari twins might touch the 2 Lakh milestone if the facelifts really help boost the sales numbers. It's going to be a tough challenge.
r24x7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 16:36   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Did spend some more time with the Safari since last post. Another observation that I wanted to cross check with fellow owners here:

Do you get this slight feedback on the accelerator pedal intermittently? Initially I thought it to be coming on rough patches only and the feel is similar to what you get on ABS kick in, albeit on the accelerator pedal instead of brake, and of much less magnitude.

Yesterday I was feeling it at times on a highway as well, again intermittently and when 'd open the throttle a bit more.

Anyone having similar observation or can shed some light if that's normal?

Thanks in advance.
it feels like some vibration on the accelerator pedal right..especially on low speeds and when turning the steering. Its coming from the Power Steering Pump. I have been told its normal. Checked another harrier that was there for service and it had the same vibration type feeling too.
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 10:07   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
it feels like some vibration on the accelerator pedal right..especially on low speeds and when turning the steering. Its coming from the Power Steering Pump. I have been told its normal. Checked another harrier that was there for service and it had the same vibration type feeling too.
Yes, it is definitely vibration. Coming from a petrol sedan I do not know if that's normal in a diesel car but I'd definitely call it something that impacts the overall NVH factor of the car. Of course this is a small one compared to some other big ones that I am now getting used to. The vibrations on steering or in general are pretty much there on idle and you cant really ignore them, and perhaps this is still very refined for car and engine this size. One can learn to live with these.
Old 24th August 2023, 10:12   #2601
BHPian

Back to back posts for different topics

Left side DRL and tail lamp not coming up: Safari XZA+ Adventure (Jul-23)

Today I spent some time understanding various lights configurations including the ambient lighting. I was able to find the setting to keep the ambient light turned on even in drive mode if your headlights are turned on. Default setting was that as soon as one puts the car in D mode, ambient lighting went off. So, this put a smile on my face.

In the process I realized for some reason only my right DRL and right tail lamp are turning on in the park light mode. However, when I switched to Auto mode, both came up. So nothing wrong with the fittings themselves, but something is off here.
Anyone else ever experienced this?
Old 24th August 2023, 18:09   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Back to back posts for different topics

Left side DRL and tail lamp not coming up: Safari XZA+ Adventure (Jul-23)

Today I spent some time understanding various lights configurations including the ambient lighting. I was able to find the setting to keep the ambient light turned on even in drive mode if your headlights are turned on. Default setting was that as soon as one puts the car in D mode, ambient lighting went off. So, this put a smile on my face.

In the process I realized for some reason only my right DRL and right tail lamp are turning on in the park light mode. However, when I switched to Auto mode, both came up. So nothing wrong with the fittings themselves, but something is off here.
Anyone else ever experienced this?
Nopes the second part is weird but first part about the ambient light is interesting..can you share the steps to do that with ambient light
Old 24th August 2023, 18:19   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Nopes the second part is weird but first part about the ambient light is interesting..can you share the steps to do that with ambient light
Happy to share, and please note my experience is from Jul 2023 car with new 10 inch system. I hope it is same for you and even if it is older, it works on that as well.

Go to in the infotainment screen - Settings> Vehicle > Lights

You get options for DRL and Ambient. Choose Ambient, there is a toggle which may be disabled by default. I think one needs to switch on the lights manually from the lights stalk, or turn on the engine - one of the two should do the trick. The toggle will now be enabled. Switch it on.

Test it out by moving into drive mode - ensure you have lights on as it expects that you are using ambient light in night only, which makes sense.

Good luck and do share if that worked.
Old 24th August 2023, 18:27   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to share, and please note my experience is from Jul 2023 car with new 10 inch system. I hope it is same for you and even if it is older, it works on that as well.

Go to in the infotainment screen - Settings> Vehicle > Lights

You get options for DRL and Ambient. Choose Ambient, there is a toggle which may be disabled by default. I think one needs to switch on the lights manually from the lights stalk, or turn on the engine - one of the two should do the trick. The toggle will now be enabled. Switch it on.

Test it out by moving into drive mode - ensure you have lights on as it expects that you are using ambient light in night only, which makes sense.

Good luck and do share if that worked.
That's the regular thing. The ambient light will still work only when the lights are in park (parking bulb on). Mine is red dark and the ambient light comes as default On..but works only on door open and when park light is on.
Old 24th August 2023, 19:47   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
That's the regular thing. The ambient light will still work only when the lights are in park (parking bulb on). Mine is red dark and the ambient light comes as default On..but works only on door open and when park light is on.
Not sure if you missed the point or I am missing it .

But I tested it today while driving. That's the difference I highlighted which can be enabled from the toggle on that screen.
Old 25th August 2023, 22:09   #2606
BHPian

TPMS - Does it show temperature also?

I am sure I saw a post on this thread where someone mentioned that they can see both pressure and temperature on the TPMS.

As far as I have understood and seen on my XZA+, the TPMS shows only pressure.

Has Tata deleted this in the latest version?
Edit- found the pic from page 1 of the review here
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_2023082522145794_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Last edited by Rodie09 : 25th August 2023 at 22:17.
Old 26th August 2023, 08:27   #2607
BHPian

Quote:

As far as I have understood and seen on my XZA+, the TPMS shows only pressure.

Has Tata deleted this in the latest version?
Seems they have deleted the Temp feature, since my 2023 Safari only shows Tire Pressure and not any Temperature
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 21:42   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
I had checked with service advisor and was told that TPMS temperature feature was removed since it was not accurate. I think the hardware is still present and they have just disabled it from display.
IAmGroot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 23:06   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I was charged for the belt. Auto tensioner was replaced under warranty. They don't return warranty parts. Was given back the belt only. Total cost of repairs was around 6k and I paid around 2.1k.
I visited the SVC after a long delay due to tight schedule. The auto tensioner only was adjusted as part of the recall. They said prolonged usage would start impacting belt due to the misalignment in the auto tensioner.

No parts were changed and no invoice was given to me. Job finished in 2 hours.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 00:26   #2610
BHPian

Was auto tensioner part of a recall? Nobody from Tata has informed me about the same. Then they should have replaced the belt for free. Pathetic after sales service by Tata. By the way, parts that have been changed in my car till now
1. Brake pads at 20K
2. Driver side window motor.
3. Auto tensioner with belt for hydraulic pump for power steering
4. Driver side rear ambient lighting.
5. Battery at 2yrs.
5. Glow plug for cylinder number 3.
This is a long list considering the age of the vehicle. I hope this is the end

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 27th August 2023 at 00:28.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks