Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2023, 13:10   #2701
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Don't worry. You have the most stabilized pre facelift version. The BS6.2 model.

These vehicles had unannounced improvements over the BS6 Ph1 vehicles in their NVH and HPS steering system tuning. Not forgetting the infotainment system upgrade.

Apart from the EPS, it isn't behind much when compared to the facelift version.
I completely agree with you. I feel that lot of pre face lift BS 6.2 features and updates were not known to many. The 2023 facelift reviews (many of them) are comparing against the original 2021 version perhaps. Some are even calling out features as part of facelift which have already been there in the pre facelift BS 6.2.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 14:12   #2702
BHPian

Query on Electronic Parking Brake (EPB)

Hey friends,

Observed something around the EPB on my XZA+ yesterday and wanted to clear my doubt.

So far I had been using below method when starting to move from standstill:
1- Brake pedal pressed, start the engine.
2- Move Auto lever to D or R
3- Release EPB. All this while I have the brake pedal pressed

Yesterday I somehow did a different thing unknowingly
1- Brake pedal pressed, start the engine.
2- Move Auto lever to D or R.
3- Move my foot from brake pedal and press accelerator. EPB disengages on its own and car moves.

Question here is that is this how it should function? I would expect EPB to remain engaged until disengaged by me. Otherwise there is a chance of accidentally moving the car if accelerator pressed.

The usual manual parking brake would not let you override it by trying to accelerate. That is a safety feature and that is how it should be, No?

Anyone else feels or noticed the same?

Note - This is my first auto car and first tryst with EPB also.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 14th December 2023, 14:45   #2703
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on Electronic Parking Brake (EPB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Question here is that is this how it should function? I would expect EPB to remain engaged until disengaged by me. Otherwise there is a chance of accidentally moving the car if accelerator pressed.
This is the default behavior of automatic cars with EPB. Even my car behaves the same. Having said that, if you are not wearing your seatbelt then the car does not move forward and the EPB would be engaged until and unless you release it manually. The vehicle starts moving only if you are wearing the seatbelt, which means you are all ready & set to move forward.

It was the same behavior in a BMW I have driven back in the US. So you are good and no issues with your car.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:39   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
This is the default behavior of automatic cars with EPB.......

It was the same behavior in a BMW I have driven back in the US. So you are good and no issues with your car.
Thanks for the clarification there @fusionbang!

On a different note I recently got rid of the 'Vocal for Local' sticker from the rear windshield as I don't like any unnecessary stickers or badging on the car.

I found it stupid of Tata Motors to stick this sticker on inside over the rear defogger heating element lines. I was ultra cautious and careful in peeling the sticker off but still got a very light impression of the lines on sticker and slight fading of same on windshield. It's not broken anywhere but just a shade or two lighter than elsewhere. I am worried now if this has caused any damage to defogger elements. How do I test this until its really foggy? I am 99% sure only a slight impression came off with sticker and element is undamaged.

I wonder why Tata folks had to put a sticker right on those element lines?
Old 20th December 2023, 12:23   #2705
BHPian

Hey Friends,

Have been wanting to write a proper ownership review of my Safari XZA+ Adventure in Orcus white. However, just not getting the bandwidth to do that. In my earlier posts I did mention about some initial issues I felt (not niggles) around the stiffer ride, steering left pull and a couple of software bugs. I had also become apprehensive about my liking towards the car but I feel now it was only a matter of adapting, coming from super smooth Hyundai Verna petrol.
But Safari has so many things that I am in love with:

Amazing Street presence and looks - Adventure edition with blackened trims takes it to another level. Still an eye turner I'd say.
Lots of torque and power at tap - never feels underpowered even in City mode
Nice interiors and features
Huge panoramic sunroof
Superb ICE set up
Space management except the boot
2nd and 3rd row seats with stadium seating. Family just loves it
Ventilated seats - my favorite and 'always on' no matter what the weather is like

Dislikes - Few. But I'll keep them for another day.

In summary the beast is growing on me and I now look out at every opportunity to take it out on the roads. Gotten used to all its quirks - there are not many. And boy o boy, it's a hoot to drive on the open roads and highways. Solidly planted and I actually love the feedback from the Hydraulic steering.

Yes, I am in love with the car and no major issues so far, not many niggles either. Experience has been smooth for the last 4 months. And I do turn back at her every time I park her in the parking:

I'll write more some day in detail, but for now to mark my 4k kms with this beauty, here is a casual pic from this morning.

PS: There are no tints on glasses although it appears so in pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-safarisideways.jpg  

Rodie09 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 14:05   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Hey friends,

This is by design for EPB in auto mode - parking brakes gets disengaged automatically when you press accelerator with driver door closed + seat belts on, it gets auto applied as well in certain scenarios like vehicle stopped for x mins (seen this in my NexonEV), driver door opened, seat belts off, car stopped and slotting into P etc. as per the manufacturer's configuration.

In 700 that I own there is an option to disable this auto mode by performing a sequence of steps and put EPB in manual mode where you will have to engage and disengage it manually every time, check your manual and see if Tata has this option too.
Sandegov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 16:16   #2707
BHPian

In a less than three months old car I am facing following two issues all of a sudden:

1. None of the camera views is working. (Neither on switching on side indicator, nor on pressing 360 degree view button, nor on engaging in reverse gear).

2. I connect mobile over USB for map navigation and the audio instructions from the google maps app used to be heard. Not anymore, they have just stopped, though audio in general is working.

If anyone has faced these please advise if there is any quick fix such as factory reset etc. (Problems persist after a normal power cycle of completely switching off everything and back on.)
Old 22nd December 2023, 16:24   #2708
BHPian

@mayuresh, if not already then just try to reset the system by 15 second mute button press followed by 15 second source button pressed on steering. It should most likely fix all this.
I may be bit off on the trick, check out exact way of resetting on some YouTube videos.
Old 22nd December 2023, 17:18   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
@mayuresh, if not already then just try to reset the system by 15 second mute button press followed by 15 second source button pressed on steering. It should most likely fix all this.
I may be bit off on the trick, check out exact way of resetting on some YouTube videos.
Thanks, I did not know this trick. Will try it nex time around. Through some navigations I reached "System Reset" and that solved at least the first problem of camera. I am yet to check the second, most likely it would be solved as well.
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 17:48   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
In a less than three months old car I am facing following two issues all of a sudden:

1. None of the camera views is working. (Neither on switching on side indicator, nor on pressing 360 degree view button, nor on engaging in reverse gear).

2. I connect mobile over USB for map navigation and the audio instructions from the google maps app used to be heard. Not anymore, they have just stopped, though audio in general is working.

If anyone has faced these please advise if there is any quick fix such as factory reset etc. (Problems persist after a normal power cycle of completely switching off everything and back on.)
A quick reset from the settings menu would in all probability address all the issues you mentioned in your post. The button press combination works too, but that would be more apt if you lose the display. Reset through the menu saves time. The tricks are listed in the manual too IIRC.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 17:57   #2711
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I did not know this trick. Will try it nex time around. Through some navigations I reached "System Reset" and that solved at least the first problem of camera. I am yet to check the second, most likely it would be solved as well.
Cool! The 15 sec reset trick from steering controls comes handy when you have a frozen screen
Old 29th December 2023, 10:54   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik_2502 View Post

Updates after 16k kms!

The service was billed at 14,400 rupees which included 18 liters of DEF! Had a fantastic service experience, be it with the service process, staff behavior etc.
Adding the stats for November, the fuel economy shown is quite accurate, I did compare it with tank to tank method. Also a 400 km return journey stats in pictures.
This would be the cost of the year 2 service (4th service by Tata terms) right? Is this inclusive of the wheel balancing and labour? If so, it's really great to know that Tata cars derived from global platforms are still easy on the pocket.

Your fuel efficiency figures are also excellent. Were you using cruise control on the 400 km trip? I've seen a lot of bad press on the harriers fuel efficiency on YouTube and I'd have assumed the Safari being heavier would further reduce the FE, till I read this.

Wishing you many more happy miles with it!
Auto_guy_101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 17:01   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik_2502 View Post

Updates after 16k kms!

The service was billed at 14,400 rupees which included 18 liters of DEF! Had a fantastic service experience, be it with the service process, staff behavior etc.
Adding the stats for November, the fuel economy shown is quite accurate, I did compare it with tank to tank method. Also a 400 km return journey stats in pictures.

Attachment 2541080

Attachment 2541081
Is there any term called "deacceleration" as found in the above attachments? Shouldn't it have been "deceleration"? Isn't it from the Tata's mobile app? I have googled and couldn't find the word "deacceleration". Why is it so?

Last edited by Fastdriver : 29th December 2023 at 17:03.
Old 29th December 2023, 21:09   #2714
BHPian

I have the pre-facelift Safari. It has those circular gauges with 3 yellow stripes for fuel and temperature. (Honestly, I dislike those and have not yet got used to.)

I noticed, during normal driving the temperature gauge is on the "Hot" side (The yellow stripe on H side highlighted). Not sure if this indicates temperature higher than normal. The manual says it should be in the center. Can someone confirm what the gauge normally indicates in your vehicle?
Old 29th December 2023, 22:24   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
I have the pre-facelift Safari. It has those circular gauges with 3 yellow stripes for fuel and temperature. (Honestly, I dislike those and have not yet got used to.)

I noticed, during normal driving the temperature gauge is on the "Hot" side (The yellow stripe on H side highlighted). Not sure if this indicates temperature higher than normal. The manual says it should be in the center. Can someone confirm what the gauge normally indicates in your vehicle?
Mine is same form Aug 2023 - has these yellow graduations as you mentioned. The temp gauge shows usually in the middle only. Please get yours checked.

On a different note I hate the Safari cluster and color scheme. Why could they not give something stylish? - this one looks kiddish. Specially how can one have a Tacho only to show rpm in multiple of 1000 only? So stupid. I love the old school needles any day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks