Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 22:44   #2716
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Mine is same form Aug 2023 - has these yellow graduations as you mentioned. The temp gauge shows usually in the middle only. Please get yours checked.
Then that's a cause for worry. But wonder why no alert whatsoever came up till now.
Old 30th December 2023, 12:45   #2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
This would be the cost of the year 2 service (4th service by Tata terms) right? Is this inclusive of the wheel balancing and labour? If so, it's really great to know that Tata cars derived from global platforms are still easy on the pocket.
Nope it's the third and last free service, so no labour charges and wheel balancing, alignment was charged although.

2021 Tata Safari Review-service-reord.jpg
2021 Tata Safari Review-sr2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
Your fuel efficiency figures are also excellent. Were you using cruise control on the 400 km trip? I've seen a lot of bad press on the harriers fuel efficiency on YouTube and I'd have assumed the Safari being heavier would further reduce the FE, till I read this.
Yes, I do use cruise control for more than 90% of the time and I set it at 90. I just love to cruise and drive with a light foot. Generally my figures have been good no matter the car. I don't know about the YouTube videos but my experience in real life is that, you can easily extract mileage of 14 and above easily from a 2 ton weighted Tata Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
Is there any term called "deacceleration" as found in the above attachments? Shouldn't it have been "deceleration"? Isn't it from the Tata's mobile app? I have googled and couldn't find the word "deacceleration". Why is it so?
I didn't notice it until you said it and yes it isn't a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Don't worry. You have the most stabilized pre facelift version. The BS6.2 model.
Yes, I do also feel it after seeing the reviews of the new version.
kartik_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 22:38   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I have the pre-facelift Safari. It has those circular gauges with 3 yellow stripes for fuel and temperature. (Honestly, I dislike those and have not yet got used to.)

I noticed, during normal driving the temperature gauge is on the "Hot" side
My mistake in observing... Since the fuel gauge has 3 stripes, I seemed to have got an impression that when 3rd stripe is highlighted it covers the full range. Later I noticed during engine start that there are many more levels, hence 3 stripes is mid-way and hence ok.

However, I did notice one thing. When after a long and normal run 3 stripes are highlighted, when I start reversing the car for parking the 4th stripe gets highlighted.

Is this normal and is there any technical reason for a car to heat up more in reverse gear?
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:43   #2719
BHPian

Just realised that a low battery on a Safari can generate so many warning and spoil your peace of mind.

On 01 Jan 24, I drove from Delhi to Kanpur and then due to official commitments car was lying idle till yesterday. Got some time in the morning and decided to clean the car interiors and some dashboard and interior detailing.

Stupid me worked for almost two hours with the car audio on and the IGN on. The results on the interiors were worth the effort. However, when the time came to park it back, I realised that the battery was low. Thought the lights, horn and infotainment worked, the car just wont crank. Displayed AVH system error, drivetrain fault and few other random warnings. Subsequently the infotainment refused to boot up. Tata Motors RSA was called without much hope of a quick resolution as I did not manage to get any jumper cables etc.

To my pleasant surprise, in less than 40 mins from my first call, the RSA guys were there and the car was jump started. Took the car for a spin, however, the warning for drive train status persisted thought the car was driving and feeling ok.

Was planning to get the car to the ASC but today morning all was well. Car is driving just fine with no warnings. This I was hoping for after having read a few hours on this august forum.

A few lessons learnt and peace of mind. Feeling happy that my stupidity didn’t turn out to be a major issue. Kudos to prompt RSA by Tata Motors.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:23   #2720
BHPian

Quick question folks.

I recently noticed that on my way to office (I recently started going) the wireless android drops only at a certain location. This has happened many times so I decided to consciously observe if this happens in same place today also - it did. Otherwise no disconnections elsewhere.

Have you observed anything like this in case you have wireless android in your Safari?

It'd be good to hear if someone can explain the mechanism it works on and what's getting disrupted?

Edit- Let me add for Pune folks, I am talking of Megapolis Circle in Hinjewadi Phase 3. Perhaps non safari owners may have observed same too.

Last edited by Rodie09 : 11th January 2024 at 15:24.
Old 11th January 2024, 15:36   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
It'd be good to hear if someone can explain the mechanism it works on and what's getting disrupted?
Hi, a similar problem occurring in Bangalore was discussed earlier in this thread.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:21   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Hi, a similar problem occurring in Bangalore was discussed earlier in this thread.
Thanks mate, that helps really!! Possible interference is the likely reason as I gathered on that thread. One post in that thread made a mention of metro construction in that area and that is the case my side too. Now I realize, the problem is frequent around metro construction. Very interesting indeed!
Old 13th January 2024, 23:53   #2723

2 days back in my Safari, I saw this notification that says “DEF SYSTEM FAULT” engine stops in 4094 Km. I’m just about 50 KM I see it changed to 400 KM. I am just wondering if anyone has any idea of this issue and what is is cause ?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_9470.jpeg  

Old 14th January 2024, 09:18   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestine View Post
2 days back in my Safari, I saw this notification that says “DEF SYSTEM FAULT” engine stops in 4094 Km. I’m just about 50 KM I see it changed to 400 KM. I am just wondering if anyone has any idea of this issue and what is is cause ?
Check your DEF level. If the DEF level is normal, visit the service centre. Though I do not think DEF level is the issue here. May be a new alert msg by Tata which actually means nothing.

Last edited by FLYBOYSID : 14th January 2024 at 09:21.
Old 14th January 2024, 10:35   #2725

DEF level is over 70%. I will be taking it to the service center this week. I hope the service center will share some insights.
Old 18th January 2024, 19:43   #2726

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestine View Post
2 days back in my Safari, I saw this notification that says “DEF SYSTEM FAULT” engine stops in 4094 Km.
I faced similar issue, and found stray dogs had bit the fuel and DEF line. Approx damage of 5K + fuel.

The wires and DEF tank pipe are easily accessible from back, and thus prone to such issues. Service engineer told me that another Safari came with same issue for the 3rd time.

Is there any way we can protect the under wire and pipes ?(especially fuel and DEF in Safari since these are 1st to be attacked by dog/cat bites)
Old 18th January 2024, 20:19   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidzPolo View Post
I faced similar issue, and found stray dogs had bit the fuel and DEF line. Approx damage of 5K + fuel.

The wires and DEF tank pipe are easily accessible from back, and thus prone to such issues. Service engineer told me that another Safari came with same issue for the 3rd time.

Is there any way we can protect the under wire and pipes ?(especially fuel and DEF in Safari since these are 1st to be attacked by dog/cat bites)
This is very concerning if true. So, is this significantly different in Safari than other cars? Never heard of the fuel lines damaged by strays just like that. Were these damages towards the rear or inside the engine bay?
Old 18th January 2024, 22:45   #2728

Quote:
Were these damages towards the rear or inside the engine bay?
To be precise, at 2 places. One on right hand side of 5th wheel (when looking at the car from behind), that's where is the DEF tank and 1st attack was on the DEF cables and pipe here. You can easily see the setup by just bending a little.

Second one was on the fuel pipe, right below the driver armrest area. The fuel line coming from below the 2nd row towards engine, and returns from gear area to 2nd row, in the centre and comes back towards the engine. Fuel line is a combination of aluminum pipe followed by rubber pipe. I don’t know why Tata has kept a combination of material and running up n down the vehicle length.

I wish I had taken pics to make it easy to understand.
SidzPolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:26   #2729
BHPian

I'm facing a peculiar issue with my Safari.

When the air blower control on the 3rd row is switched off, the A/C unit stops cooling. It seems the A/C cooling is somehow connected to the 3rd row blower controller!

I don't mind keeping it on, but when I keep it on, there is continuous buzz sound that comes from the speakers!

In my last service I had complained about this sound and the car came sound free. I didn't realise that the fix the ASC did was to rotate the knob off which just stops the cooling!
Old 21st January 2024, 09:58   #2730

The warning “DEF system fault “ engine stops at “4094”” was checked by the service center and I was told by the technician that they did some reprogramming and the fault message is off. They flushed the DEF tank and checked the system. They didn’t identify and any issue it seems. I am surprised about their response. However they said the warning will go away in 450 KM. I should check on it.

Does anyone else had this kind of issue properly diagnosed and sorted ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks