Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 18:37   #1966
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Its really an inconvenience to send the car in for checkup-service every 7k. Is this mandatory or can we stick to 15K or 1 year one?
It is inconvenient for owners but I think Tata's objective here is to minimise DPF issues for customers. By enforcing a 7500 km service schedule, DEF replenishment becomes mandatory.
Old 15th March 2022, 18:59   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Safari has all the basics under check, also has superb sound quality. Just the screen feels a bit dated and glitchy.
Congrats NotanF1driver on your Safari getting delivered tomorrow. Don't forget to share pictures.

I resonate your thoughts here, Safari is absolute pleasure to drive and safe vehicle. Infotainment is just perfect for the long rides.

I booked mine on 7th Mar and got an expected delivery date of April end.
Time had slowed down for me until my Blacky (Safari Dark) arrives.
ramjiramu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 20:49   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Update - I received my Dark Edition Safari on 4th February 2022. Got ceramic coating done on the weekend. Attaching couple of pictures of my new ride post ceramic coating.

Looks absolutely stunning!!! No ones gonna mess with you now

Wishing you many many happy miles
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 21:06   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
It is inconvenient for owners but I think Tata's objective here is to minimise DPF issues for customers. By enforcing a 7500 km service schedule, DEF replenishment becomes mandatory.
Doesnt Tata allow DEF to be replenished ourselves?
Old 15th March 2022, 21:27   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Doesnt Tata allow DEF to be replenished ourselves?
Well definitely everyone is free. Tata never makes a compulsion. But for rest 90% people, a 7500 km service allows us to be disciplined about it and not miss out . Because in Harrier around 7500 km def level almost becomes little less than half. So safe from that perspective
Old 17th March 2022, 10:14   #1971
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
To a large extent, it depends on the SA. 2 of my friends had a very good experience from Kropex Hosur Road and Kropex Koramangala (one took a Nexon from Kropex Hosur Road and the other took a Harrier from Kropex Koramangala), but my experience with both Kropex dealerships was kind of underwhelming.
You've gone into so much detail to answer my question! Deeply appreciate this, Friend. Thanks for the suggestions, too. Will do what you've suggested. Am at Bannerghatta. Wish I was closer to KHT Whitefield.. Wish you Happy times with your Harrier!

Last edited by Sheel : 17th March 2022 at 12:15. Reason: Mod note attached.
Sandytimes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 11:18   #1972
BHPian

Hi all,

Yesterday was supposed to be a happy day as I take delivery of my Safari. It all went well until I cranked up the car (after key handover) to notice check engine warning in the cluster. The sales representative immediately said that some software update needs to be done, and that it will be done at the service centre. I was shocked to see and hear this. The car runs okay, but is down on power as drive modes are disabled due to the check engine warning. I asked the representative why are these not checked before delivery - to which he said it’s not an error, but an update and takes 15 mins. I knew both these claims are wrong - I did not want to spoil the day and drove straight to a temple for pooja and then back home. I could not sleep yesterday night thinking about this!

On my very first day of ownership, I am working from a tata service centre. Waiting for more than an hour now. How the ownership experience is ruined!
NotanF1driver is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 11:23   #1973
BANNED

Quote:
Hi all,

Yesterday was supposed to be .........How the ownership experience is ruined!
My friend had the Hexa XTA Overheated on first day while driving back home from delivery. Same was case with him. Fortunately it has been +4 years now without any issue. The coupler of the radiator fan was loose in our case.

Hope your issue is resolved without any further feeling of "What have i done "!
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 14:21   #1974

Hi Everyone,

This thread has played a vital role towards the family finally zeroing in on the Tata Safari. Not to mention the horribly long wait for the XUV 700, which we have given up on because none of us at home feel its logical or justified to wait for a car for 7 months.

Booked and paid for the XZA+ Adventure variant. Hopeful that the car will be delivered sometime this month. My questions are two fold, one around tips for PDI checks and second, understanding accessories, upgrading tyres and extended warranty and AMC.

I apologise if these issues have been discussed earlier and this post is repetitive. My questions are below:
  1. What to keep in mind and/or check while conducting the PDI
  2. Is there a diagnostics that the dealership can run to ensure that everything looks ok or is this demand an overkill?

On accessories, after market products and extended warranty:
  1. I would like to swap the stock tyrees for A/T tyres. I will not be off roading with the vehicle but propose to use it in the hills every alternate month
  2. Read about the front sensors that Tata offers need to be manually turned on, but is it addition still worth it, convenience wise or are there any after market products available that work better
  3. 360 degree camera + changing the company fitted reverse camera: Is there any after market product for 360 degree camera? Can someone share their experience using this product? In addition, the reverse camera on the Safari is very average, can this be changed or upgraded?
  4. Luggage carrier/box: Read that Tata is offering one for the sunroof versions at 1.2 lakhs, not interested in spending that much are there any cheaper options available
  5. Extended warranty and Gold AMC package: Must haves/good to haves or passable?

Will look forward to inputs and guidance. Thanks.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th March 2022 at 14:28. Reason: Minor formatting
saurabh_tan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 15:01   #1975
BHPian

My current drive is 2012 Safari Dicor 2.2, due to ruling for Diesel engine cars to be used for 10 years only in NCR I had to change it this year. As the need was also for a proper 7 seater with new generation safety features the New Safari is perfect pick. I have booked Safari XZ (MT) 10 days ago and waiting for the delivery now.

Just want to know from BHPians who have recently booked Safari, what is the offered delivery period? To me the dealership executive initially said that delivery will be done in 4-6 weeks, however he said that they may deliver it within March itself but later communicated that it will be done in 6-8 weeks. Is it same for others as well who have booked Safari in March 2022?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_tan View Post
Booked and paid for the XZA+ Adventure variant. Hopeful that the car will be delivered sometime this month. My questions are two fold, one around tips for PDI checks and second, understanding accessories, upgrading tyres and extended warranty and AMC.
Congratulations! here is the link for PDI checklist: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

In my opinion taking extended warranty is must, specially when so many electronics gadgets are there in the vehicle. With extended warranty you get 5 years (2 + 3EW) of warranty on you car.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 16:28   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
How the ownership experience is ruined!
Sorry about your 1st day experience.

I wonder how this got slipped during dealer or your PDI?

Do let us know if the issue is resolved and what root cause was found.
Old 17th March 2022, 19:47   #1977
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Hi all,

Yesterday was supposed to be a happy day as I take delivery of my Safari. It all went well until I cranked up the car (after key handover) to notice check engine warning in the cluster. The sales representative immediately said that some software update needs to be done, and that it will be done at the service centre. I was shocked to see and hear this. The car runs okay, but is down on power as drive modes are disabled due to the check engine warning. I asked the representative why are these not checked before delivery - to which he said it’s not an error, but an update and takes 15 mins. I knew both these claims are wrong - I did not want to spoil the day and drove straight to a temple for pooja and then back home. I could not sleep yesterday night thinking about this!

On my very first day of ownership, I am working from a tata service centre. Waiting for more than an hour now. How the ownership experience is ruined!
Engine from FCA, gearbox from Hyundai, Chassis from JLR, Tasks done by tata : integration of bought items, plumbing, wiring => and they've been making passenger cars from late 90s. Still can't get it done proper. Pathetic. Really, pathetic. Atleast train dealership to deliver a new car without faults. Bare minimum.
venkyhere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 20:46   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Engine from FCA, gearbox from Hyundai, Chassis from JLR, Tasks done by tata : integration of bought items, plumbing, wiring
All brands source components from different vendors, FCA provides engine to Hyundai too. No one is a full stack manufacturer here.

Every manufacturer have their own share of quality issues reported in our forum and Tata is no different here.

I believe its important how promptly each manufacturer sorts issues to the satisfaction of the customer.

I just wish NoftanF1Driver that Safari engine warning issue is resolved quickly.
ramjiramu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 23:21   #1979
BHPian

Is the 2021 Safari FWD or RWD ?

There doesn't seem to be an authoritative source anywhere.

Thanks
Shyam
Old 18th March 2022, 01:08   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Is the 2021 Safari FWD or RWD ?

There doesn't seem to be an authoritative source anywhere.

Thanks
Shyam
It’s a FWD, same as the harrier. Old gen Safaris were RWD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks