Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 11:05   #1921
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Hi all!

With lots of new variants being introduced and feature revision I got into a confusion and need your help.
Does Safari XZA+ now get ventilated seats?
Or it will get them later??

I remember reading about it somewhere on this forum only.
Old 8th March 2022, 11:16   #1922
Senior - BHPian

^^ @DriveOnveMore

Yes XZA+ gets ventilated front seats on 7 seated version. On 6-seater version, it’s available for 2nd row too. I believe when compared to twin Gold Editions wireless charging or WiFi Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay are significant differences. Yes the useful features difference has much narrowed down.

Still, I may not be 100% updated as it’s been a while since I discussed variant & features with SA.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 11:40   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
^^ @DriveOnveMore

Yes XZA+ gets ventilated front seats on 7 seated version. On 6-seater version, it’s available for 2nd row too. I believe when compared to twin Gold Editions wireless charging or WiFi Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay are significant differences. Yes the useful features difference has much narrowed down.

Still, I may not be 100% updated as it’s been a while since I discussed variant & features with SA.
XZA+ also gets wireless charger(except dark edition) and wireless android auto car play.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 11:54   #1924
BHPian

Dear All,

I am very happy to share that I will be joining the Safarian's club soon as I had made a booking for Dark XZA+ 7STR AT. This decision came after sitting over the fence for nearly 6 months divided between XUV700, Compass, Alcazar and many more other such suv's.

I will share my decision criteria's and reason to take the giant leap of faith on Tata soon.

I need some help with Safari's recent buyers whether they got any discounts or goodies other than dealers matching outside insurance amount? Also, what kind of waiting period are dealers giving now. I got a 45days waiting period so far!
ramjiramu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:08   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Projector swap takes around 12 hours atleast as bumper and headlights need to be opened.
How this mod will be affecting the warranty ?
Will the electrical warranty will be void or is it just about the headlights ?
Old 8th March 2022, 19:06   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
How this mod will be affecting the warranty ?
Will the electrical warranty will be void or is it just about the headlights ?

Since there is no split of wires how would the warranty be void. The mod was done to the headlights only , headlights were opened and projectors were swapped.

So basically i cannot claim warranty for fused HID or bulb for the headlight mod i have done.

I was running the HID setup in my hyundai verna before i bought safari and i never faced issue with warranty.

These HID's are very common since company is also offering the same HID's wondering why there would be an issue. Btw its your take end of the day whether you want to take this route or not.

I just wanted to clarify that upgrading the HID bulb on OEM projector would not help.

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 8th March 2022 at 19:09.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 00:11   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiramu View Post
Dear All,
I need some help with Safari's recent buyers whether they got any discounts or goodies other than dealers matching outside insurance amount? Also, what kind of waiting period are dealers giving now. I got a 45days waiting period so far!
I got 20k discount from dealer on 2022 model even though I bought it through company lease. Also got mud flaps and basic mats for my XZA.

Waiting period within Delhi NCR while booking was in range of 4-6 weeks for any variant. I got my car in 6 weeks as plant got closed during year end and xza is not a hot selling variant.
vikas2211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 11:44   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
I got 20k discount from dealer on 2022 model, mud flaps and basic mats for my XZA.
Thanks vikas2211
I checked with dealers in Pune & Hyderabad and none are budging even a bit on discounts if insurance is matched with outside. I could get the insurance amount down to 66K from 1.33L with a Pune dealer. I believe I have to settle down with this deal alone.
Old 9th March 2022, 13:34   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vikas2211
I checked with dealers in Pune & Hyderabad and none are budging even a bit on discounts if insurance is matched with outside. I could get the insurance amount down to 66K from 1.33L with a Pune dealer. I believe I have to settle down with this deal alone.
Insurance of 66K is normal thats what i got as well along with 50K discount for Nov 2021 model ( ZXA plus Fest edition ). I got the delivery of vehicle in Dec itself. Normal 20K discount is being offered by dealership these days so try negotiating.

This Fest edition means - Wireless Charger , Air Filter ( Features ).
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 15:27   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vikas2211
Hello @ramjiramu

If not in cash, ask for some complementary accessories. I checked with my sales rep and seems dealership here is offering 25K cash discount and 5K worth of accessories on Safari Dark edition.

#dark edition is normally in demand and all dealers may not offer any discount. Just check if they have any discount on regular variants. I guess, this varies a lot from city to city and dealer's approach to engage new customers.

At the end it is OK to settle down with best deal available and not overthink about it.

All the best and let us know your experience.
vikas2211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:48   #1931
BHPian

Thanks for excellent inputs @vikas2211 & @Safari_Beast.

Today spoke to couple of sales leads from different dealers and a source in Tata and got to know some interesting views on discounts in present market.

In short, chip shortage is at its peaks and hence most of the orders are on long waiting queue.
So, net realization of money for dealers is getting delayed and is becoming hard for them to sustain.
Some dealers are offering discounts taking a cut from their ~4% margin purely for survival.

Not my logic, but what I heard is that the Harrier and Safari are being prioritized for production by Tata considering their high margins and low volume of sale (less chips needed). Hence the wait times are less for them.
Also, mobile's and TV are given high priority by semi conductor manufacturers as the order volume is very high with short payout times.
This is where auto sector is taking a hit where the payout times are much longer.
Please feel free to add your views here.

Finally, I am moving ahead with what's on offer and wish our old auto sector is back in shape soon where customer is king and our silly demands for discounts and freebies are met
ramjiramu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 08:48   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I am very happy to share that I will be joining the Safarian's club soon as I had made a booking for Dark XZA+ 7STR AT. This decision came after sitting over the fence for nearly 6 months divided between XUV700, Compass, Alcazar and many more other such suv's.

I will share my decision criteria's and reason to take the giant leap of faith on Tata soon.

I took delivery of my XZA+ Dark edition in Feb end and the car is on my company lease. Below is the deal i got:

- 26K cash discount
- Free mud flaps (MRP around 800)
- Free 3D TATA OEM mats(MRP-Around 5K).

Last edited by revved_up : 10th March 2022 at 08:57.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 14:59   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I am very happy to share that I will be joining the Safarian's club soon as I had made a booking for Dark XZA+ 7STR AT.

I took delivery of Safari Dark edition 7 str XZA+ and got the following

a) 15K cash discount
b) Insurance matched to 72K
c) mud flaps, mats and divinity
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 09:54   #1934
BHPian

Every time I restart the car, the infotainment input resets to FM. Is there a way to set it to stay on bluetooth or something?
Hate the no signal sound on FM as soon as I start the car in the basement.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 09:56   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Every time I restart the car, the infotainment input resets to FM. Is there a way to set it to stay on bluetooth or something?
Hate the no signal sound on FM as soon as I start the car in the basement.
I have the same issue with my XUV300. Any solution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks