Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 14:57   #1786

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
1. I have put the side step . It’s useful for elderly definitely. However it does reduce the ground clearance, and you may end up scraping it in deep craters .

2. For manufacturing date , do follow the VIN decoding thread.
I’ll share Safari relevant info here.

Manufacturer: Tata Motors

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with MAT...)
From the VIN decoding method, I can see it's Jan 2022. Thank you.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2022 at 16:21. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 1st February 2022, 21:08   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
My Brother in law just took the delivery of the Tata Safari Dark edition XZA+. The car looks really good in this colour. Sharing some photos of the delivery today
Can you confirm if the #DARK edition XZA+ Safari does come with Wireless Charging or not? It seems that #DARK edition XZA+ misses out on Wireless Charging as per the variant comparison?

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2022, 21:11   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Can you confirm if the #DARK edition XZA+ Safari does come with Wireless Charging or not? It seems that #DARK edition XZA+ misses out on Wireless Charging as per the variant comparison?

Cheers!
Yes the variant misses out on wireless charging. Other feature like ventilated seats and wireless apple car play and android auto are present in the model now.

Last edited by AbhishekMushran : 1st February 2022 at 21:12.
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 02:36   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post

Cheers!
I can confirm it was missing on the showroom XZA+ dark model that I spent a while fiddling around with. Everything else from the gold edition is present though.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:46   #1790
BHPian

I recently got delivery of XZA and loving it to the core.

Though I am a bit disappointed as wireless charging is not consistent and my Apple 12 pro max is also not supporting car play (very strange). Wireless car play from Safari's point of view is seamless and other apple phones get connected.

Have also noticed slightly heavy steering in lower speeds as highlighted by fellow bhpians. I also noticed that on lower speeds the car is running on a smaller gear based on noise produced - will be further trying it in manual mode to check the behavior.

I am also bit confused about the Auto-Hold. Seems we have 3 levels:

1. No indicator - Auto-Hold is off
  2. White indicator - Auto-Hold is available
  3. Green indicator - Auto-Hold is engaged

Is it correct?

Thankfully wheel alignment is good and did not notice any left/ right movement on straight highway.

Now I am considering following accessories and would like to know if it is worth going for these based on utility/ looks:
  1. Scuff/ Sill plates - available for 800Rs. in Gurgaon
  2. Wind visor - got a quotation of 1400Rs. (Galio/ GFX)
  3. 7D mats - 5000Rs.
  4. Door edge protectors - 500Rs. (i-POP)
Old 2nd February 2022, 19:39   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post

I am also bit confused about the Auto-Hold. Seems we have 3 levels:

1. No indicator - Auto-Hold is off
  2. White indicator - Auto-Hold is available
  3. Green indicator - Auto-Hold is engaged

Is it correct?
Yes, this is correct about Auto Hold.
sixthsense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:15   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Yes, this is correct about Auto Hold.
Can someone explain how and where autohold helps
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:33   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
The EPB ( Electronic Parking Break ) is rendered almost useless due to the Auto Hold .

When AutoHold is enabled, you'll not need to engage the EPB when you stop your car at red light signals. In a case where you have brought your car to a full halt, the Autohold gets engaged and the car won't move forward. You've to just press the accelerator lightly to disengage it so the car moves forward.

Last edited by sixthsense : 2nd February 2022 at 22:35. Reason: Grammer
sixthsense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 01:18   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
If you turn on autohold mode via the button, then whenever you come to a complete stop, you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the car will still remain stationary. The main brakes will remain activated and the brake lights will stay on until you press the accelerator pedal. Its convenient for stop lights but annoying for stop and go traffic, hence why they have provided a switch for it.

Quote:
The EPB ( Electronic Parking Break ) is rendered almost useless due to the Auto Hold .

When AutoHold is enabled, you'll not need to engage the EPB when you stop your car at red light signals. In a case where you have brought your car to a full halt, the Autohold gets engaged and the car won't move forward. You've to just press the accelerator lightly to disengage it so the car moves forward.
EPB only brakes the rear wheels and will not disengage the clutch if in drive mode. Unless its in neutral, the car will constantly be trying to pull itself forward. If you press the accelerator, it will drag itself forward via the front wheels with the rear wheels locked. Its basically just a normal hand brake but with a switch instead of a the lever.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd February 2022 at 06:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:22   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
EPB only brakes the rear wheels and will not disengage the clutch if in drive mode. Unless its in neutral, the car will constantly be trying to pull itself forward. If you press the accelerator, it will drag itself forward via the front wheels with the rear wheels locked. Its basically just a normal hand brake but with a switch instead of a the lever.
If you press the accelerator with EPB engaged, the car will disengage the parking brakes. It will not drag the vehicle with rear wheels locked.
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:48   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
If you press the accelerator with EPB engaged, the car will disengage the parking brakes. It will not drag the vehicle with rear wheels locked.
I believe you are confusing Auto-hold with EPB. Auto-hold will disengage, but EPB will not. If Parking Brake is taken off automatically then it defeats the whole purpose of having one. I can confirm that on my Safari EPB doesn't disengage on pressing accelerator and has to be manually turned off to move the vehicle forward, which is as expected.
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:01   #1797

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
I believe you are confusing Auto-hold with EPB. Auto-hold will disengage, but EPB will not. If Parking Brake is taken off automatically then it defeats the whole purpose of having one. I can confirm that on my Safari EPB doesn't disengage on pressing accelerator and has to be manually turned off to move the vehicle forward, which is as expected.
EPB does disengage when there is accelerator input. This is a convenience frature. The only criteria is that the driver seat belt should be worn. If the driver seatbelt is open, then the EPB will not disengage on accelerator input. Similarly, the auto hold will not function if driver seat belt is not worn. When auto hold is active and engaged for a certain period of time, I beleive it's 3 mins, it switches to EPB.
ramprebagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:02   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
I'm not confusing the EPB with Auto Hold.

I'll let you read this and check your vehicle again. If it doesn't work accordingly then get your safari checked at the SC, might be some issue with yours.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20220203095913_office.jpg
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:11   #1799
BHPian

Quote:

I'll let you read this and check your vehicle again. If it doesn't work accordingly then get your safari checked at the SC, might be some issue with yours.

Attachment 2268121
Thanks for your concern sir, my vehicle is working perfectly well.
What you have shared is the starting procedure when you shift from Neutral to Drive/Reverse. I don't see how that is relevant in the discussion?
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:22   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

From my observation on the MT - It is a bit erratic, the reason is this.

The Auto-Hold will turn itself into Automatic parking brake after a few minutes, at this point it may or may not release on its own, in my experience you need to manually release it although it is supposed to release on its own.

This automatic release will only happen (sometimes) if it has set the parking brake on its own (Autohold >> Parking brake), if you as the driver has manually engaged it, it does not release on its own - or at least we have not had the heart to burn the clutch to find out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks