Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 17:16   #1636
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

If you sold Thar to buy a bigger SUV then that means you bought Thar as it appealed to your heart and you were ready to overlook the fact it has limited space. So why sell it later on? Or buyers remose? Or Gold was irresistible?

Out of cursorily what kind of hit you took in resale?
Old 12th January 2022, 19:47   #1637
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari 2021 White Gold that Glitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloTraveller View Post
Congrats Mukesh, new Safari Gold looks beautiful in white.

May I ask what were the main reasons for replacing the Thar?

Personally, I feel practicality is an issue in terms of luggage space, ingress/egress for elderly, and also fuel economy for Petrol.
It feels like driving an electric car, range anxiety is always there for long rides in remote areas.
Thanks, I was not comfortable with THAR's ride quality, it was very good on Highways with good roads but personally i was not happy on bad roads, luggage space was not a big issue for me., this is the Diesel AT and no range anxiety.

I liked Safari's ride quality hence picked it.
mukeshannamalai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 20:15   #1638

Safari has a consistent pull to the left. Wheel alignment has not helped. I see this is a bit of a common issue amongst a few owners. Could fellow owners please confirm in case the pull to left is omnipresent despite 33psi in all tyres. Some statistical analysis would help. TIA
Old 12th January 2022, 22:44   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPC7955 View Post
Safari has a consistent pull to the left. Wheel alignment has not helped. TIA
I have recently came back from a long trip and also felt the same. Pull towards left is evident and at high speeds if you steer left skightly, movement is noticable. I was surfing youtube and found this. Not sure about the authenticity but fellow bhpians can comment if this is something that can be true

Old 12th January 2022, 23:27   #1640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Safari has a consistent pull to the left. Wheel alignment has not helped. I see this is a bit of a common issue amongst a few owners. Could fellow owners please confirm in case the pull to left is omnipresent despite 33psi in all tyres. Some statistical analysis would help. TIA
A common problem , now regardless of the cause of this let's be clear about one thing - as a driver you know that a vehicle should track straight on a level road when you take your hands off the steering wheel. If this does not happen, the alignment is wrong and needs to be corrected.

Please do not let the ASC touch the wheel alignment, they will mess it up, get this done outside.
Old 12th January 2022, 23:44   #1641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A common problem , now regardless of the cause of this let's be clear about one thing - as a driver you know that a vehicle should track straight on a level road when you take your hands off the steering wheel. If this does not happen, the alignment is wrong and needs to be corrected.

Please do not let the ASC touch the wheel alignment, they will mess it up, get this done outside.
Agree in totality. The last video was heard through and through. Pull to left cannot be by design. I have availed wheel alignment outside, but the pull is as it was. One needs to exert pressure on the steering wheel, what is called carry the wheel, else the car drifts left. Is there anything in particular to be demanded from the shop whilst aligning? The lad at the alignment shop adjusted the opposite steering rods. I also had a look at him doing it from the pit under the car. Any guidance to specifically follow how to resolve the issue would be welcome.
UPC7955 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 00:18   #1642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree in totality. The last video was heard through and through. Pull to left cannot be by design. I have availed wheel alignment outside, but the pull is as it was. One needs to exert pressure on the steering wheel, what is called carry the wheel, else the car drifts left. Is there anything in particular to be demanded from the shop whilst aligning? The lad at the alignment shop adjusted the opposite steering rods. I also had a look at him doing it from the pit under the car. Any guidance to specifically follow how to resolve the issue would be welcome.
If possible find out from commercial vehicle drivers (self owned cabs, Traveler etc) if there is a reputed alignment shop around, it's likely that they will know a good place in your city. The technician should be test driving your vehicle a few times to make sure everything is in order. That should take care of it, please do keep us posted. In Bangalore I rely on fellows who dont use a computer at all and they do a fantastic job.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 00:41   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
If possible find out from commercial vehicle drivers (self owned cabs, Traveler etc) if there is a reputed alignment shop around, it's likely that they will know a good place in your city. The technician should be test driving your vehicle a few times to make sure everything is in order. That should take care of it, please do keep us posted. In Bangalore I rely on fellows who dont use a computer at all and they do a fantastic job.
Interesting, I've always relied on Madhus for wheel alignment and balancing in Bangalore. What's your pick, can you recommend a place in Bangalore? Would like to try it next time.
Old 13th January 2022, 09:35   #1644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Interesting, I've always relied on Madhus for wheel alignment and balancing in Bangalore. What's your pick, can you recommend a place in Bangalore? Would like to try it next time.
The older well established places like Madhus will have good technicians who can diagnose and fix problems with wheel alignment.

I personally use Vijay Wheel alignment (JP Nagar) , it is a standalone shop that way, not much in terms of tyre sales, technician's name is Vinod. There are shops started by ex-Vijay/Basha technicians that are very good as well, one of them is Royal , it's near Jakkur. I have not seen such a thorough wheel balancer , ever, takes a long time but the results are excellent. You can see locals bring their tractors for wheel alignment here
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:19   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata will be launching the Dark Edition of the Safari by this month end. Tata will likely hold a media launch event next week and cars will start to arrive at the dealerships across India soon afterwards.
ram87pune is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:35   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata will be launching the Dark Edition of the Safari by this month end. Tata will likely hold a media launch event next week and cars will start to arrive at the dealerships across India soon afterwards.
Dear Brother,

It will be of immense pleasure if any news of the current Safari being launched in AWD/4WD is shared.

There is a huge gap between the Gurkha's 4WD and the Compass/Tucson's AWD, and TATA needs to capitalize on it.

Regards,
Old 13th January 2022, 13:15   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Safari has a consistent pull to the left. Wheel alignment has not helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
I have recently came back from a long trip and also felt the same. Pull towards left is evident and at high speeds if you steer left slightly, movement is noticable.
People,
I don't own a Safari to concretely express my views. However, reading your posts reminded me of the below,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Maintenance costs: The car had a left pulling issue and I noticed it within a week of delivery. I raised a complaint and they sorted it by replacing the right side front knuckle under warranty. They picked and dropped the car which was convenient and I didn't have to spend time visiting service centers. I am happy that it got resolved, but it was a nightmarish first month of ownership as I was anxious about getting this resolved and I was reading some posts which mention that this is unresolvable. I will update this thread later on the details of how this was fixed.
Note: The fellow BHPian owns a Nissan KICKS.

Hope this helps!
eccentric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 13:27   #1648

Quote:
I will do that. Get in touch with commercial drivers especially self owned cab drivers. This computer thing has not worked out yet. Thanks.
Old 13th January 2022, 14:52   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Safari #Dark Edition soon!

I was visiting one of my vendors today for some work, they do a lot of plating and custom finished parts for various automobile giants.
Saw them working on the front grill tri-arrows for the Safari #Dark edition (confirmed with the vendor). I think it should be out sometime in January or February. Worth the wait for folks who love the Harrier #Dark but need 7 seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Looks like I wasn't wrong after all
Good to hear! Should once again generate some interest in the Safari for a few months until Tata figures out which color to launch next
chaksjr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 18:45   #1650

While doing some mild off-roading (read as kachha / dirt roads within Farms), driver side front OEM tyre (Bridgestone) burst on the side wall. It didnt hit anything sharp, I had maintained the suggested tyre pressure of 33 PSI, there were 5 on board, no luggage.

While I was surprised that the tyre burst, I thought it may be of something I might have hit before. While browsing few groups in Facebook, there are many such cases of side wall cracking in Safaris. I went to the Tata Service center to claim warranty, it was rejected stating it is not a manufacturing defect. I pushed the service center to get this sorted, they came back stating that they can waive off 30% of the cost of a new Bridgestone tyre. It costs 17k for a new one. I paid the rest and now I am waiting for the new tyre to arrive.

Interestingly, I saw a post on FB for another safari owner, 30% was waived off, so looks like the issue is known issue to Tata. I am beginning to think if these OEM tyres are good for the size and weight of Safari

Three Questions
1. Have anyone else faced this issue?
2. If I need to upgrade my tyres (confidence on the OEM tyres are low), which one do you suggest?
3. All Terrain tyres, is it worth it? Would they hold well if I do these mild off-roading?

Most Viewed