Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 22:30   #2386
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I regularly get "Take a break" message on the console. Is DDU anything different?
The 'take a break' message is merely based on the time that the vehicle has been driven, and not any other factors.

Whereas DDU monitors the driver for signs of tiredness, by monitoring factors such as, whether the vehicle is staying in its lane, steering inputs, the face of the driver to check whether his eyes are closing etc. (Some more info here).
Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 09:06   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
The 'take a break' message is merely based on the time that the vehicle has been driven, and not any other factors.

Whereas DDU monitors the driver for signs of tiredness, by monitoring factors such as, whether the vehicle is staying in its lane, steering inputs, the face of the driver to check whether his eyes are closing etc. (Some more info here).
Don't think "Take a Break" comes only at specified time intervals! I have had the message pop up at various internals which vary on time of the day etc. Sometimes i got the message once in a 250km drive. And on other times, i have had this message come up multiple times on the same stretch when heavy traffic was there that drive was late night.
Old 9th November 2022, 17:32   #2388

A friend who recently booked Tata Safari had been told production of all variants had been paused briefly for adding new features. (Could be DDS as in Jet edition however unverified at this point though).

"Take a break" is mostly software based notification that accounts for continuous vehicle run and time of the day, to the best of my understanding DDS system has to take account of real-time driver's condition using facial scanning among other factors such as lane departure, steering inputs etc. It cannot be software driven alone. Not sure, if Tata is adding sensors for driver's facial scanning though.

It's great feature, would be really happy if they decide to update earlier delivered vehicles as well via opt-in installation of required hardware and software.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th November 2022 at 18:54. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
satyapj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 19:12   #2389
BHPian

Long Back when I was planning to buy there was a Question of FE of Safari which I came across the forum.
Now proud owner of Tata Safari XZA+ Dark AT driven 1K kms.
I can add my 2Cents and let the Pic do the Talking.
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20221111190649464_com.tatamotors.pvcvp.jpg
iskandariya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 22:21   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Long Back when I was planning to buy there was a Question of FE of Safari which I came across the forum.
Attachment 2378317
I am not getting the fuel efficiency details in my IRA APP in this screen. I am having Androipd app. Can you let me know what version of App do you have?
Old 13th November 2022, 00:49   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I am not getting the fuel efficiency details in my IRA APP in this screen. I am having Androipd app. Can you let me know what version of App do you have?
IRA Android 1.35

Goto your Trips screen unplanned Trips
Old 13th November 2022, 01:21   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
IRA Android 1.35

This is what I see in my app.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20221113012025816edit_com.tatamotors.pvcvp.jpg  

msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 08:13   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
IRA Android 1.35
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
This is what I see in my app.
I am also seeing the same information (and format) as shared by msk_kapoor.

App version is Android 1.35

How come it is different for different people/phones?
Old 13th November 2022, 08:22   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is also XZA+ (KZR) and I've crossed 4000kms now. The maximum mileage on highways I have got with cruise control and Eco mode (as shown on MID) is 14.5!

Mileage is not the main concern for me, but I am curious about such widely different mileages being reported on the same car/AT.

My drives were on the highways of TN. Cruising at 100kmph mostly. Frequent barriers (for breaking speed) on the highways of TN results in going off cruise control often. Still, should the mileage be so different?

What could be the possible reason(s) for this difference?
Old 13th November 2022, 08:57   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
My drives were on the highways of TN. Cruising at 100kmph mostly. Frequent barriers (for breaking speed) on the highways of TN results in going off cruise control often. Still, should the mileage be so different?

What could be the possible reason(s) for this difference?
I kept my Cruise on 80% of Journey at 80kmph and 10% of Journey at 90kmph. 10% Journey was without Cruise Control due to Heavy Fog low visibility Stretch.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 18:23   #2396

Awful purchase experience from Kropex Tata Koramangala

I recently purchased my Tata safari XZA+ from Kropex Tata Koramangala Bangalore branch. The sales experience was one of the worst I ever experienced.

It all started with the booking process. I paid 30k via UPI and asked for a booking receipt and a test drive. My sales advisor promised me free mud flaps, scuff plates and basic floor mats. They told me it would take 3-4 weeks for the delivery.

To my surprise I did not receive a booking receipt. I was ok with it as I had the transaction screenshot with me.

I checked with my advisor regarding test drive (My wife is pregnant and she wanted to check the oyster white interiors of the car). He gave some lame excuse and test drive never happened.

After 2 weeks I get a call saying the car is allotted and I need to pay them the invoice amount so I disbursed my loan. Again I did not receive any receipt or invoice. I had to go to the showroom the next day and ask for it.

My advisor never used to provide me updates on the car status. I had to keep checking with him about everything. Finally vehicle has arrived at their yard and I asked for a PDI. I reached their yard on time with team-bhp checklist and asked for the car keys, to my surprise he told me that I can only check the exterior of the car due to some rules they have etc. I was already frustrated but I wanted the car early so I checked the exteriors of the car and did the final payment.

He told me that they will start the registration process and other formalities.
I asked for the delivery on 3rd-4th of November as I was travelling for 10 days after that. He agreed to it.

They started the registration process on 2nd November(one day before the supposed delivery) and told me that only after I receive a message from Vahan portal they can do the delivery.

I did not receive any message on 3rd and 4th. So I went to the RTO office to check the process. The officer at electronic city RTO started laughing and informed me that registration process is online and the dealer gets the registration number immediately after tax payment is done.
He spoke to the kropex registration team on phone and confirmed that my registration was already done on 3rd and dealer has my car number.

I lost whatever patience I had by now and went to the showroom to ask them what is happening and whey are they lying to my face. Well apparently most of the people i.e my advisor, branch manager were on leave. So I have firmly told them on phone that I want the delivery on 5th and I won't entertain any more delays.

My advisor confirmed that I can take the delivery on 5th Morning 11am sharp and he will take care of everything.

I wasn't buying his nonsense this time so went to the showroom on 4th evening to check the status of the delivery. As expected they did not start the delivery process. So CRM head tells me 11am delivery is not possible and asked me to come in the afternoon.

I went to the showroom at around 2pm on 5th and the vehicle wasn't there. I just kept quiet and waited for another hour or so.

Finally vehicle arrived at the showroom and we were happy that we can just take the delivery and leave everything behind.

Well I went down to their basement to check if accessories were installed and see if everything is normal. Then comes another shocker. Engine check light was on, scuff plates weren't installed and my advisor was trying to give some excuse again.

By now I had completely lost it and went directly to the branch manager cabin and started yelling at everyone.

I knew engine check light was a DPF issue as my friend owns a harrier. But the way these people dealt with everything, I was furious and asked them to resolve the issue and deliver the vehicle to my home.

So finally at around 8:30pm I got my vehicle and I was very disappointed with how things turned out.

As I was travelling out of Banglore on 6th morning. I went to the nearby petrol station filled her up, took a small drive, came back and parked the car.

I was back in Banglore on 13th. I get a feedback call from Kropex backend team. As expected I gave 0 on 10.

Well in 10mins I get a call from my advisor saying whatever I did is not correct and I shouldn't have given him 0 on 10. I gave my reasons and asked him to never call me again. Spoke to Kropex customer team and complained about his behaviour.

Current Status:
I still have to get my scuff plates and number plate.
I am happy with the car. I gave it for Ceramaic coating.
Sorry for not uploading any photos. I will do it in my next post.

Thanks for reading my rant. I hope Tata improves their sales & service experience and stop behaving like a government company.
mywayishighway is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 13:20   #2397

Earlier this week equipped with Team-BHP's PDI Checklist went to stockyard of Sai Baba Autowheels, Pune for PDI of Tata Safari XZ+ (Royale Blue) for a friend. Team-BHP checklist and sales guy from dealership had been very helpful and entire process went very smoothly and two days later he took the delivery of his vehicle.

A few new additions to the Safari, top-line at least, that I could notice included:
  • Three new safety features (Driver Doze off Alert, After Impact Braking, Panic Brake Alert) added to ESP
  • Middle row headrests now get winged head restraints
  • Addition of type-C USB port along type-A

Attaching a few snaps from PDI

Name:  IMG_20221116_162903.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20221116_163509.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20221116_163742.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  48.5 KB

And this one post delivery

Name:  IMG_20221118_223829.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  57.0 KB

New Driver Attention Assist

Name:  IMG_20221118_225425.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  21.8 KB

New Winged Head Restraints

Name:  IMG_20221118_225441.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  38.7 KB

And a niggle that is yet to be fixed, we have been told this is known common issue and Tata Motors is working with vendors to fix this.

Notice this one from the newest Nov, 2022 manufactured vehicle.

Name:  IMG_20221116_164612.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  32.8 KB

And this one of Jan, 2022 manufactured my Tata Safari #Dark

Name:  IMG_20221116_173249.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  69.6 KB
Old 19th November 2022, 22:49   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
New Winged Head Restraints

Attachment 2381210

Is the Dark variant also getting Winged headrest; I have ordered Jet variant Headrest to be dyed in Black.
Old 21st November 2022, 09:24   #2399

Quote:
Is the Dark variant also getting Winged headrest; I have ordered Jet variant Headrest to be dyed in Black.

What we had been told by dealership is that prices for all variants (top-trim) had been upped by roughly 20k and all these will get updated features including Winged headrest.
Old 21st November 2022, 11:03   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
What we had been told by dealership is that prices for all variants (top-trim) had been upped by roughly 20k and all these will get updated features including Winged headrest.
Interesting lets see if my Dealership hasn't ordered Jet Headrest will ask for Dark Winged Headrest.

ESP update should be done at service center, right will ask at my first service. Driver Drowsiness will need to be seen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks