Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 19:22   #2251
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Give it a good tug and see if that fixes the problem. A car wash guy fixed it for us when the Tata ASC could not.
Thanks Kosfactor. I think my issue is a bit different. The cable is not connected to the flip switch and has come off. This means that the swich moves very freely and does not toggle the flip mechanism.
Old 28th July 2022, 22:24   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
Thanks guys. Would check about the tyres. I just did about 500+ over the last weekend and tyres were not having a grip even on slightest of road edges. As I said even my "non-SUV" fiesta fared much better on such scales.
There is no wireless auto enabled for my XTA+. Need to check with service center. Regarding V Storm, don't own one. May be you have mistaken me for someone else.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th July 2022 at 14:46. Reason: Quote content trimmed
vegitakarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:19   #2253

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegitakarthik View Post
There is no wireless auto enabled for my XTA+. Need to check with service center. Regarding V Storm, don't own one. May be you have mistaken me for someone else.
Thanks for confirming about wireless android auto. It seems XTA+ has to wait longer. Not sure why TATA is sleeping about it.

Regarding V Storm, weird thing.. i didnt write this line but it is showing up and rest of my post above is coming under the name of int3. Looks like my post got mixed up with int3 and it became a potpourri..
safari1808 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 23:04   #2254

Hi all, I am a proud owner of Royal Blue Safari 2021 - rather I will be completing 1 yr in another two days. i have planned a trip which will have all 7 seats occupied. I am looking for suggestions on:
1. Roof bag vs roof box
2. Where to buy an economical roof rack in Delhi NCR

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 1st August 2022, 14:08   #2255

I am a happy owner of a May 2021 purchased SAFARI XZA and have done close to 19,000 kms till date. 6-9 months after the purchase, the vehicles infotainment was updated with the latest version of software and from then on i have been using wireless Android. Is the update only limited to Wireless android or is there a subsequent update which will enable air purifier also. Members kindly clarify in this regard
Old 4th August 2022, 07:32   #2256
BHPian

Hi. I am new to this thread as I am just considering the SAFARI.
I had almost confirmed the purchase. Something made me go to the showroom again and ask to drive a new safari. I had earlier only driven the much abused test car.
I had driven the test car only on the highway (as my house is next to a highway)

The new car I drove in the city.

This experience made me rethink about my decision, as I felt the Safari could cause fatigue during long drives due to the heavy steering.
Since I drive a MG HECTOR DCT, which is a super comfortable car this contrast was even more obvious.

While the safari ticks all the boxes I am a bit wary of the fatigue aspect, as I do atleast 3000km a month (90% highways)

Do Hydraulic Steering get easier as the car breaks in?
If so, I would still go ahead.

On the way back from the the TATA showroom I also dropped in to Mahindra and test drove the XUV700 petrol AT.
That seemed to be the closest to the HECTOR, while offering better performance.

Would appreciate some insights on this.
Old 4th August 2022, 08:15   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
This experience made me rethink about my decision, as I felt the Safari could cause fatigue during long drives due to the heavy steering.
Since I drive a MG HECTOR DCT, which is a super comfortable car this contrast was even more obvious.

While the safari ticks all the boxes I am a bit wary of the fatigue aspect, as I do atleast 3000km a month (90% highways)

Do Hydraulic Steering get easier as the car breaks in?
If so, I would still go ahead
I was graduated from Fiat Linea to Safari and never ever I felt fatigue in long drives. Even I had a direct drive to Bhubaneshwar from Chennai 1470 in 20 hours with some breaks.
Hydraulic steering is pleasant to drive in highway and Ghats. yes. some people are complaining about city and slow speed drives. but for me, it's way comfortable and more than 50% lighter than Linea steering. it depends on what car you are driving right now. but you used to it in a matter of time.
It's a fantastic car and you can try another TD with different dealer.
BTW, I am having Tata Safari XZA+ adventure Persona and almost 15K kms driven.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 4th August 2022 at 08:17.
aks_karthik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 08:31   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I was graduated from Fiat Linea to Safari and never ever I felt fatigue in long drives. Even I had a direct drive to Bhubaneshwar from Chennai 1470 in 20 hours with some breaks.
Hydraulic steering is pleasant to drive in highway and Ghats. yes. some people are complaining about city and slow speed drives. but for me, it's way comfortable and more than 50% lighter than Linea steering. it depends on what car you are driving right now. but you used to it in a matter of time.
It's a fantastic car and you can try another TD with different dealer.
BTW, I am having Tata Safari XZA+ adventure Persona and almost 15K kms driven.
Thanks so much. This is good to know. Will give it another shot.
Old 5th August 2022, 16:37   #2259

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Hi. I am new to this thread as I am just considering the SAFARI.
======
Would appreciate some insights on this.
1) I am a proud owner of TATA Safari XZA purchased in June 2021. I have merrily driven about 19,000 Kms till date. For your information i drive one handed even in City many times.

2) The drives included a 660 Kms almost non-stop drive from Kanyakumari to Bengaluru. Absolutely no fatique whatsoever.

3) On the flip side the steering gives you lot of confidence and gives a very good connect to the road. For such a heavy SUV steering with reasonable weight makes you feel confident instead of lifeless and light steering wheel.

4) As far as the comfort for passengers my father who is 80 years old and my mother just walked out of the Safari after such long drives without any struggle or back/leg pain.

5) Till now touchwood there are no niggles no squeaks and the vehicle is doing fine.

6) The mechanicals are well sorted out as the platform is tried and tested (coming from the discovery sport), engine is also the seasoned FIAT engine which is well tuned by TAMO and finally you have the Auto gearbox sourced from Hyundai which is such a pleasure.

7) Featurewise it has all the features that XUV 700 has except ADAS. Morever it has the more usable Ventilated seats, IRVM and looks a million bucks in the latest dark edition almost resembling Range rover/discovery sport. In contrast the XUV 700 looks like a overgrown Hatchback IMHO.
cavenkat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 22:00   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavenkat View Post
2) The drives included a 660 Kms almost non-stop drive from Kanyakumari to Bengaluru. Absolutely no fatique whatsoever.

4) As far as the comfort for passengers my father who is 80 years old and my mother just walked out of the Safari after such long drives without any struggle or back/leg pain.
Thank you, this is very heartening as a prospective buyer. Do you own a 6-seater or a 7-seater? And if there was anyone sitting in the 3rd row during these journeys, how was their comfort level? Thank you so much!
Old 7th August 2022, 22:48   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegitakarthik View Post
Hi everyone, Good day. Finally got my Team-BHP membership after being an avid follower for 10+ years.
Got my Royal Blue Tata Safari XTA+ 2022 delivered recently. I will write an extensive ownership review once I get the permission for the same.
Replying to @safari1808 "So I am bit surprised about the quality of tires of Safari." yes stock tires are not good. Bridgestone ep 850 are hard low rolling resistance budget grade tires. Recently did 1000+ drive with Safari and found these tires hard affecting both the handling and ride comfort. Swapped them for Continental sport contact 5 tires. Initial thoughts based on short a ride- difference is night and day. I will be doing another 1000+ journey in 3 weeks. Will update the tire review here after that drive.
Completed with the drive. ODO is 3k now. Coming to the difference after swapping Bridgestone Ecopia's for Continental Sport contact 5, please find the observations below:
1. Smoother ride: Before with Ecopia's every undulation on the road was felt and ride felt hard. Now ride has improved a lot and feels supple. (Note: Safari's ride still has the underlying firmness. May be swapping to a 17 incher will make the ride much better with tires like Yoko Geolander AT)
2. Better road grip Grips the road much better. Especially in those long sweeping turns in highway. Its a vast improvement over Ecopia's.

PS : Both the drives were on same route. Trichy to Nagerkoil(NH 44). While swapping the tires, I did wheel balancing with alignment at Lal Tyres. Before swap there was steering vibration at 100 kph. Now its completely gone. Not sure what kind of balancing/Alignment was done at Tata.

Also can some one tell me the service interval for Tata Safari 2021. Is it every 15000 km after first 3 free services. Thats what my RM informed me during purchase.
vegitakarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:19   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I was graduated from Fiat Linea to Safari and never ever I felt fatigue in long drives.
Same experience with me, was driving Punto 1.2 petrol earlier with hydraulic steering. Safari steering is better in terms of comfort and never felt fatigued on highway drives. I have driven Pune Bengaluru non stop and no fatigue post drive, even Safari handles really well in ghat section too (with Hair pin curves).

Only issue I am facing issue with steering is like slight metal cracking noise occasionally (without turning completely), not sure if its due to water reaching steering assembly during heavy rain drive. If anyone faced similar situation?
Old 8th August 2022, 13:44   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Only issue I am facing issue with steering is like slight metal cracking noise occasionally (without turning completely), not sure if its due to water reaching steering assembly during heavy rain drive. If anyone faced similar situation?
It's an usual issue in Fiat cars. it could be the possibilities of mud/sand in shocks coil springs, which makes grinding sound. if it's the issue, it could be cleared off by jet water wash easily.
you could visit service centre. i haven't observed any such issue in my car. but need to start observing it closely
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 22:55   #2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Persona View Post
Thank you, this is very heartening as a prospective buyer. Do you own a 6-seater or a 7-seater? And if there was anyone sitting in the 3rd row during these journeys, how was their comfort level? Thank you so much!
1) I choose a 7 seater

2) Ours is a family of 6 and my son (12th class) who is well built occupies the third row split seat (50%) and the folded (50%) seat is used to pack the luggage. We use small suitcases, duffle bags and soft bags and are able to manage the luggage without having felt the need to install a luggage rack.

3) Third row comfort in Safari is next only to Innova. Most importantly the second row in Safari slides which is not the case in XUV 700 and the new Scorpio. Sliding second row provides lot of flexibility to make the overall seating very comfortable.
cavenkat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 20:29   #2265
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Just an update on the fuel average of my Safari XZA+ Dark with recent long run.

I got below fuel average of 15.3kmpl for a Pune to Hyderabad trip of 550kms.
I drove mostly between 80-110 speeds (as per each state speed limits) with AC on for ~9 hours with 2 bio breaks.

Also, the FE (fuel economy) had been increasing slowly with more usage of the car.
Typically, I don't drive keeping FE in mind. This is a surprise to me.
Need to double check tank to tank method soon.

So far, the ride and handling is simply awesome.
The last steering sound issue fix (2021 Tata Safari Review)gave an additional bonus of smooth steering now.

Also, attaching some beautiful pictures enroute Pune to Solapur where my wife captured double rainbows.

Name:  Mileage.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  64.5 KB

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220805165145_original.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220805170512_original.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220805171109_original.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220805171139_original.jpg
ramjiramu is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks