Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 12:51   #2296
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

I just finished 2nd service with 6500 ODO. I could have waited till 7K but somehow thought it was 6k-7k service due. No major complains but I had a suspension noise coming out of right front wheel occasionally. SA said its a common issue due to power steering and said is fixed.

I got under chaarsie coating done just for self satisfaction. As part of service, they refilled DEF, greased the sun roof and updated the seat control switch.

I also noticed that my middle row seat cover back side was looking worn out for no reason. The 60% split side of the seat backside had different texture compared to the rest of it. I asked the SA to replace it, I checked with other cars from the display( I have the dark edition XZA+), and found the seat was completely different than what I had but other models texture was better and it seemed I had a faulty one. So asked SA to report it and get it replaced under warranty. Please note seat cover is under warranty. I'm waiting for him to get back.

I am sharing the pic if any one else also has a similar issue with seat cover.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_3358.jpeg
abacusv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 23:22   #2297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negi15 View Post
Hi Kosfactor, How is the experience with side-steps on safari? Is ground clearance manageable with full occupancy? I am thinking to get them for same reasons on my Wanderer XZA+. Will be better to get them after market or Tata one's are good quality? Sorry for so many questions.
Yes to side step, it has already sacrificed itself once while taking a u-turn. The official accessory is not that durable, it has plastic on the outer edge that did not survive for long, recommend to get an aftermarket one where atleast the outer edges of it are all metal.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 13:53   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochinist View Post
Meanwhile, Changed the Wheels to MOMO 17" in Safari and the tyres to GoodYear AT.
Upgraded from the 16" Standard.
Any difference in ride quality post change? How much did alloys cost? I also have XMA which comes with steel wheels and planning to upgrade post burning the current set of rubbers.
Old 29th August 2022, 14:19   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Any difference in ride quality post change? How much did alloys cost? I also have XMA which comes with steel wheels and planning to upgrade post burning the current set of rubbers.

I took AT tyre as choice, Differences are

Cons:-
1. Tyre Noice : Increased tyre noice on Highways
2. Little Sketchy handling during lane change.
3. High speed comfort is less
4. Small dip in mileage as well.

Pros :-
Since you own an XMA , you will know the worst part of a SAFARI XMA, the wheel spin on muddy roads and slight incline.
Since my car is driven routinely in high range kerala where rain and mud is common, i had to opt for an AT ( All Terrain ) Tyre.
1. Increased grip in wet and small inclination, wont get stuck like before.
2. Looks!! look great

I decided to shift to AT 17" tyre only after getting stuck in a small muddy wet inclination ( a route that was possible by MS Ciaz ).

I do not remember the correct price to be honest.

My Advice :
16" Standard tyres on Safari gives you the best highway manners and road comfort ( better than the 18" on top spec).
Change the tyre only if you have a necessity like me. It is perfect as it is.
cochinist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:00   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
I took AT tyre as choice, Differences are

My Advice :
16" Standard tyres on Safari gives you the best highway manners and road comfort ( better than the 18" on top spec).
Change the tyre only if you have a necessity like me. It is perfect as it is.
Thank you for quick review, will stick with 16 inch only may be upgrade to better tyres from yoko or Conti for better grip. Currently it comes with Apollo Apterra HP tyres which are fine for day to day use. I agree with respect to wheel spin which I faced in ghat sections but overall quite happy with way vehicle holds on curves.
Advantage of 16 inchers is there is significant price difference, currently for 235/70 profile tyres costs in 7-9k range whereas in 17/18 inch it jumps to 12-15k.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:05   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Thank you for quick review, will stick with 16 inch only may be upgrade to better tyres from yoko or Conti for better grip. Currently it comes with Apollo Apterra HP tyres which are fine for day to day use. I agree with respect to wheel spin which I faced in ghat sections but overall quite happy with way vehicle holds on curves.
Advantage of 16 inchers is there is significant price difference, currently for 235/70 profile tyres costs in 7-9k range whereas in 17/18 inch it jumps to 12-15k.
True that, the lack of grip and wheelspin is seldom highlighted in any reviews.
Maybe this is only with the XMA mid variant since the Higher Spec XT,XZ etc has terrain modes.

Also, wrt Infotainment system, any updates on XM variants? XZ and XTs seems to be flooded with updates.
Old 29th August 2022, 16:02   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Also, wrt Infotainment system, any updates on XM variants? XZ and XTs seems to be flooded with updates.
I have finished only 1st Service (car purchased in June 22) at that time no updates were available for XM variant. I guess for higher variants the updates are mainly for Android Auto / Apple Car Play compatibility. But as of now i have not faced any infotainment issues so kind of fine with package.
Old 4th September 2022, 09:36   #2303
Distinguished - BHPian

Tamilnadu Commercial Taxes department seems to have procured Tata Safaris for their flying squad.

I just saw 3 brand new, base model Tata Safaris with the department name on the sides, parked in court complex, Trichy.

2021 Tata Safari Review-20220904_080025.jpg
PrasannaDhana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 09:20   #2304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I decided to upgrade my audio system with enhanced speakers,.
Hi Neil, I thought the stock audio system with the stock speakers in the Safari is good. Any reason to change the speakers ? What difference do you find now ?

Has anyone else found the need to replace the speakers, and what's the difference after the change ?

Last edited by condor : 7th September 2022 at 09:22.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 19:35   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
I also noticed that my middle row seat cover back side was looking worn out for no reason. The 60% split side of the seat backside had different texture compared to the rest of it. I asked the SA to replace it, I checked with other cars from the display( I have the dark edition XZA+), and found the seat was completely different than what I had but other models texture was better and it seemed I had a faulty one. So asked SA to report it and get it replaced under warranty. Please note seat cover is under warranty. I'm waiting for him to get back.

I am sharing the pic if any one else also has a similar issue with seat cover.

Attachment 2351719
Hi abacusv,
Did you get the issue resolved? What is the solution offered? I don't have such issue at 2K ODO, but second row seat cover back side bottom seems to be going towards condition shown in your snap. It seems back seat cover area which frequently comes in contact of luggage or persons starts becoming rough. May be better approach would be if it could be laminated. Tata has cut some cost there. They could have given it leatherette finishing similar to first row seat back cover as 3rd row is pretty much usable in safari.
Old 9th September 2022, 00:48   #2306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
At 20k mark I went for wheel balancing, alignment and tyre rotation. The SA told me that the front brake pads are at the end of their life. This is too early in my opinion and I am a sedate driver...
A close friend has the Persona edition and he has done about 13,000 kms. His service centre informed that the front brake pads are due for a replacement. He doesn't push hard and wants to check what's the usual life of brake pads in the Harrier / Safari?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 09:56   #2307
Distinguished - BHPian

Few pics shared by him.
2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220909wa0008.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220909wa0006.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220909wa0007.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220909wa0009.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 10:39   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
=He doesn't push hard and wants to check what's the usual life of brake pads in the Harrier / Safari?
I don't know what is the usual life but this is too early for pads to wear. My friend's Harrier has done 25k kms and his pads are fine.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 10:51   #2309
BHPian

Regarding DEF use in the Safari, can someone please help me with the following information:

1. What is the average consumption rate of DEF in Safari? I read somewhere it is 1 litre for 50 litre diesel consumed. Is this correct? Is your vehicle consuming DEF at this rate?

2. What is the price for DEF at your Tata Dealer? Price per litre or for a 5L can? Asking this because I believe the price in the market is only 60% of what the service centre is quoting.

3. Is it possible to fill DEF from outside Tata authorised service centres? If so, is it expected to affect the warranty? What is the customer supposed to do if the nearest service centre is far away?

Last edited by sparameswaran : 10th September 2022 at 10:53.
Old 10th September 2022, 14:02   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
True that, the lack of grip and wheelspin is seldom highlighted in any reviews.
Maybe this is only with the XMA mid variant since the Higher Spec XT,XZ etc has terrain modes.
The wheelspin is mainly because Safari is an FWD vehicle. The same will be the case with XUV. Electronics, better tyres, and suspension setup can help to some extent. But being a FWD, front gets lighter on inclines as the weight is shifted to the rear. Add to this muddy terrain and the vehicle will find it difficult to find traction and lay down the power which makes the wheels spin.

The below video from ZigWheels illustrates this. You may skip to 11-minute mark for the hill climb.

Last edited by Meph1st0 : 10th September 2022 at 14:07.
Meph1st0 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks