Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 17:43   #2341
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
i don't think so. SC just needs to initiate TPMS recalibration.
I did it in my last service and it automatically finds out the wheels and recalibrate the position correctly by its own without providing individual wheel details.
any how it's 10 minutes job and every wheel rotation, TPMS calibration is required to show the tyre pressure reading with right position in the cockpit.

You're right and from how I understand about these sensors, they're coded with what is inside the tyre and marked with the stickers for easy identification.

The software in the car / bcm will identify these basis how they've been coded to each side - FR, FL, and so on.

At the SC what could've happened is the SA may have marked the alloys accordingly to note this prior to the swap and made the changes at the software level.

If something goes awry here (user does the change her/him self, etc. or any other reasons where they weren't marked before). I really don't think the software is smart enough to identify location of the sensor.

I can be wrong too and to keep my life simple, I've made a note of the sensor codes assigned to each wheel for easy reference just in case the need arises to identify using the codes (very very limited chances and still...).

The other way is to increase/decrease the pressure and check the display... dont think this will take more than 10 minutes either!

Cheers!
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:57   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
1. DEF! This is a very inconvenient component. Even after making sure that I refill at the same authorised centre, they have managed to spill it around the intake and caused white marks.
2. Right around 4-5k kms, there was a weird sound coming in from the rear, almost like a big tank of water moving around every time the road surface changed. I took the car to the service centre to check and they replaced the back left suspension under warranty. Surprising that something failed in less than 6 months.
3. I had to claim insurance just in the month of May as I got into a minor accident with a biker at the round about who came from the wrong side. As the car was going in anyway, I asked if they could do the 12 month/15,000 kms service already. They didn’t seem to have an issue with it, odo read 13,6xx kms. When I went to collect my car, the bumper wasn’t aligned, the grey plastic cladding had some powder marks on it, as they hadn’t cleaned and polished it. The white seats were dirty even after me asking for plastic covers(which they charged me extra for). I was asked to wait as it was lunch time and a simple practice of collecting my car took 2 and a half hours purely because of negligence.
4. 10 days ago, I was on my way back from Mahabaleshwar where I crossed the 15k kms mark, the engine oil light started blinking. This was a little strange as the service was done, car showed no issues in the drive but a warning light was causing discomfort. Got the oil checked, levels were okay so continued with the drive. I had to visit the infamous service centre again. This time the SA responded like it was a common thing, mentioned something on the lines of degeneration needs to be done. Painful! Had to leave the car for an entire day as they didn’t have any laptop free.
5. I’m typing this while facing the current issue. As I left from the gym today, the drive was noisy! The most irritating screeching sounds from all wheels was making every single person on the road turn around. It kept varying in intensity but it’s there on all 4 tyres! And guess what, I have to visit the service centre again!!!
1. This is a common cause of inconvenience for all the cars and brands which uses DEF. Why blame only Safari/Tata for this?
2. Yes this is a quality issue, no second thought.
3. Except for the bumper alignment mismatch, unsatisfactory car after a service is again a common problem across the brands and cars. In fact, there is no service centre in India that can deliver a serviced car without any smudges and oil marks on the windscreen. This happens even with luxury brands. Again doesn't make sense to blame only Safari/Tata for this?
4. Again this light blinking is not due to any fault, but this is a service reminder indication for every major service. Generally, this indication is reset by the ASS when the car is serviced. But since you serviced your car before that exact 15K mark (which is not wrong), there is no way to reset the indication lamp by ASS since there is no warning at the first place. Again, you cannot blame Tata/Safari entirely since there is a ignorance part on your side as well.
5. The situation/issue has to be diagnosed before commenting about anything.

All I am saying is that we owners (of any car/brand) are equally responsible for knowing what is happening with our car. If something goes wrong or something unusual things happens, we cannot blame the car/brand straight away without understanding what the issue/situation is.

Finally, Safari/Harrier is far from perfect car. Being flagships of Tata, Harrier/Safari definitely are half-baked products from Tata especially in terms of reliability, ASS experience, fit and finish, etc. In fact, Infotainment is still far from even good (let alone the best). So all in all, Tata must still go a long way to make a customer happy, satisfied, and loyal, especially for a flagship product like Harrier/Safari.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 10:04   #2343
BHPian

3rd service update:

With 13,200 kms on the ODO it was time for the 3rd service. I was in two minds whether to give it now or do it post the 2000km drive later this week. However, I was apprehensive of the brake pads given there were reports of early wear off on Safaris manufactured in 2021. So chose to give it at Sree Gokulam Motors, Kattupakkam service centre last week.

Issue I had mentioned:
  • Check brake pads and see it there is excessive wear
  • The music system turns off suddenly while on the drive without any reason
  • Software update
  • Told them to be careful with DEF fill-up; not to spill

Service Experience:
The service advisor (Mr. Kannan) was courteous and behaved quite professionally. I was a bit surprised by his attitude as it was very different from my 2nd service experience but kept my expectations low anyways. I did mention it to him that I usually I wait and take my car back but as I had a busy day I would come later in the evening to collect the car.

The car was delivered the same day evening with a bill of Rs. 9188/- for oil & oil filter change, DEF top-up (5ltrs), wheel alignment and balancing and pollen filter change.

The work seemed well done. And the the attitude of the advisor was even better and he gave me a quick summary of what were done.
  • Brake pads had worn out and would last only another 4000kms. However, even before I asked he told me that he had raised a warranty claim and that it will be replaced free of cost. Order has been placed and will be replaced when they arrive.
  • The software was updated; need to observe if the entertainment system turns off while on the drive.
  • The DEF tank was half empty when I gave for service but he only charged for 5 ltrs. Last time I was charged for more quantity, disproportionate to the level.
  • Water wash was average

Service Advisor
I was quite happy with the way he explained the things to me and didnt try to sell anything unnecessary. It was a different experience so I just asked him if he had been with Tata for a while to which he said he had worked with Ford (Chennai Ford) for nearly 13+ years and just joined Tata. That rang a bell as the way in which he approached me was so familiar and lot better than how the earlier Tata service advisors had behaved. I was quite delighted and we had a good chat about the service of both my Ecosports at Chennai Ford and the service advisors I'ld always give my car to etc. He knew all of those guys I used to give my car for service and finally parted with a smile.

I have not driven the car much after the service but its so far so good. Will post an update after the replacement of the brake pads for which the orders have been placed now.

I plan to write a note to Tata motors to take these feedbacks and try to learn from these guys who have been trained by other companies on how to deal with the customers and how to do a good job. The experience was so good and very different from my earlier experiences with Tata folks. I am very happy now that I have a good advisor to take my car to for service. That was something I was terribly worried about after the excellent service interactions with the Ford guys for my Ecosport.

Last edited by Jude300 : 26th September 2022 at 10:07.
Jude300 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:25   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post

4. Again this light blinking is not due to any fault, but this is a service reminder indication for every major service. Generally, this indication is reset by the ASS when the car is serviced. But since you serviced your car before that exact 15K mark (which is not wrong), there is no way to reset the indication lamp by ASS since there is no warning at the first place. Again, you cannot blame Tata/Safari entirely since there is a ignorance part on your side as well.
That's not how it works.The service reminder light is different from oil pressure warning light. Service reminder light does not blink and can be reset yourself at any time, though it is ideally done by service center people after a service. An oil pressure warning light blinking can mean anything from a faulty oil pump, pickup tube, clogged oil filter or an internal oil leak. It could be a false alarm, caused by a bad oil pressure sensor or faulty wiring.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:58   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
That's not how it works.The service reminder light is different from oil pressure warning light. Service reminder light does not blink and can be reset yourself at any time, though it is ideally done by service center people after a service. An oil pressure warning light blinking can mean anything from a faulty oil pump, pickup tube, clogged oil filter or an internal oil leak. It could be a false alarm, caused by a bad oil pressure sensor or faulty wiring.
Please clarify the difference between a service reminder light and an oil pressure warning light. What do you mean by the service reminder light does not blink? Please explain the procedure to self-reset.
Old 26th September 2022, 19:12   #2346
BHPian

Looks like Tata has taken cues from the American manufacturers and is launching so many variants and versions of all their cars that each and every Indian feels like Tata is working exclusively for him/her and s/he should go with a Tata product!
bordeaux is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 00:00   #2347
BHPian

A 'silly' question - where to buy the car freshener which came with the Safari from the showroom?

The car came with a 'Tata' branded 'ocean blue' car perfume, which I really liked. I tried buying the same online - seems to be unavailable. Checked with some good car accessories shop here too, they didn't have the same (they had multiple other options, but not this one).

I checked with the Tata showroom, they said it is available for purchase. But when I went there, I was told an (apparently lame) excsluse that 'the concerned staff is on leave'.

If anyone has any idea whether the company provided car perfume can be sourced from somewhere, plz do share.
Thank you.
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 05:26   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
where to buy the car freshener which came with the Safari from the showroom?

The car came with a 'Tata' branded 'ocean blue' car perfume

If anyone has any idea whether the company provided car perfume can be sourced from somewhere, plz do share.
Thank you.
This is the one.
I am sorry the name mentioned in the earlier post was wrong.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20220927_052226.jpg  

Old 27th September 2022, 16:39   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Please clarify the difference between a service reminder light and an oil pressure warning light. What do you mean by the service reminder light does not blink? Please explain the procedure to self-reset.
Okay so first you need to start the car and turn the AC on. Now move to the front passenger's seat and open the glovebox. Ensure that the cabin light is turned on for better visibility. Reach inside the glovebox and you will find a thick book. Take this book out, recline the seat back and enjoy perusing this user manual at your leisure in your now comfortably chilled car. It should answer all your questions.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot-20220927-4.27.24-pm.png

Jokes aside, the yellow icon on middle bottom is the check engine light and the red light to the right is the oil pressure warning light.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:33   #2350
BHPian

The IRA App is activated at the Dealer or is it like Adrenox esim Activated while in transit and if so can we track our vehicle.
Old 28th September 2022, 09:02   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
The IRA App is activated at the Dealer or is it like Adrenox esim Activated while in transit and if so can we track our vehicle.
The app can be installed once you have the engine/chassis number.
But it needs to be activated by Tata for it to be active. That happens after the car is delivered (and a day or two later).

I installed the app on the day car was to be delivered and it was showing the car even before it was activated, but it was not tracking the Car (it was showing the car location as the stock yard, even after I brought the car home).

I don't think it is possible to track a car in transit to the dealer from the plant.
sparameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 09:08   #2352
BHPian

By the way, does anyone know where to buy this continental car tyre puncture sealant?

After using it, how to get the refill?

Seems unavailable on online platforms.
Even the UK sites are showing 450ml Refill (Safari needs 350ml, I believe) and that too is out of stock.

Are there any reasonable alternatives easily available in the market?

Another query - if you just want to fill air (no puncture), how to use this conti mobility kit which came with Safari? Or is it intended only for use in a tyre puncture scenario?

If the equipment is used without the sealant bottle attached, will it still fill air in the tyre?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20220927_215739.jpg  

sparameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:56   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, does anyone know where to buy this continental car tyre puncture sealant?

After using it, how to get the refill?

Seems unavailable on online platforms.
Even the UK sites are showing 450ml Refill (Safari needs 350ml, I believe) and that too is out of stock.

Are there any reasonable alternatives easily available in the market?

Another query - if you just want to fill air (no puncture), how to use this conti mobility kit which came with Safari? Or is it intended only for use in a tyre puncture scenario?

If the equipment is used without the sealant bottle attached, will it still fill air in the tyre?

Thanks in advance.
I also received this kit with my TATA Nexon.

- You can get the sealant refill from Continental Tyre Dealers. The dealer list is available on Continental website. (You will find all the details on Continental website).

- Regarding alternative, best way is to check with the Tyre Dealers when you visit them for the periodic wheel alignment.

- You can use the Tyre inflator supplied with your Safari to fill air in the Tyres in case you do not wish to wait at Fuel station. I have used this Tyre Inflator kit to fill air in my Nexon as well as bike. It is simple plug and play. No need to use the sealant while regular filling up the air in Tyres. (The sealant given to you is to be used during puncture scenario only).
Apex1815 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:43   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
The app can be installed once you have the engine/chassis number.
But it needs to be activated by Tata for it to be active. That happens after the car is delivered (and a day or two later).

I don't think it is possible to track a car in transit to the dealer from the plant.
So I got the Engine Number Chassis number but I guess they have not mapped the vehicle to me.

On punching the chassis number for registration it simply says Customer Information unavailable.
Old 29th September 2022, 04:32   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1815 View Post
- You can get the sealant refill from Continental Tyre Dealers. The dealer list is available on Continental website.

- Regarding alternative, best way is to check with the Tyre Dealers when you visit them for the periodic wheel alignment.
The Conti website do not list any dealer in Pondicherry

Asked Jeeva tyres (dealer for Michelin, Yokohama) where I have been getting wheel alignment done and was told it will be available only with Tata service centre and tyre dealers are generally not stocking it in Pondy. I was advised NOT to go for other locally available products because of quality issues. It seems the sealant do not spread evenly inside the tyre and may accumulate in some parts resulting in issues like tyre wobbling when driving fast.

Planning to try The Tata Service centre (didn't respond to my earlier request on WhatsApp) as well as with Conti dealers in Chennai, because it appears to be an effective solution in case of tyre puncture.

By the way, I had to use it because my Safari had its first puncture couple of days back (only 2000kms on ODO).
And this was the culprit
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20220929_042942.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-20220928_195047.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks