Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2021, 19:01   #841
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

After having booked Safari on 12th Feb and waiting endlessly, I am leaning towards cancelling the booking. I don't have heart to follow-up with the dealer, with so much going around. The communication from dealer before 2nd wave was meh.

Reasons for cancellation :

I want to wait for XUV 700 and then take a plunge (hoping FY22 means July - Sept 2021). Alcazar is not on the list.

The bootspace in Safari is paltry 73 L and XUV seems to offer a tad more.

I am hopeful that XUV will launch with safety ratings.Safari was a leap of faith bcoz its siblings have good ratings.

Am I thinking this through correctly? Help a newbie out.
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:19   #842
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

5 days into the delivery of our Safari, I decided to check out the android auto feature. I first connected my dad's phone (An android version 9 phone) and found the android auto to not be working. To be precise, the phone showed "connected to the car" but the display didn't sight any connection. How do I rectify this?

Just to check if the issue is with the display or the android version of the phone, I connected my phone (An android version 11 phone) which had connected to the touchscreen but showed this message in it's backdrop saying-"PRE-PRODUCTION HARDWARE NOT FOR RESALE". Is it an error that has to be rectified? If so please guide me.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20210502_180839.jpg  

@og_adi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 21:26   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post

I want to wait for XUV 700 and then take a plunge (hoping FY22 means July - Sept 2021).
If you are having two minds now, it's better to follow your intuition and make a decision. Car is something you keep for over 5 years minimum. So waiting for few months is actually a good idea if you dont have a pressing requirement. I had nightmare with Tata dealers 3 years ago, dont expect anything to change. If you want prompt response, try involving the area manager for prompt follow up by the dealer.

Since XUV700 is already on your mind, why not wait for few more months and choose what is best for you. Even if you get your steed now, the XUV bug will always be there and you won't enjoy the ownership experience.

Do update on this thread about your decision so it could help those with similar situation to make a better choice. This is my humble opinion.

Last edited by doxinboy : 2nd May 2021 at 21:27.
doxinboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 21:26   #844
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After having booked Safari on 12th Feb and waiting endlessly, I am leaning towards cancelling the booking.

I want to wait for XUV 700 and then take a plunge (hoping FY22 means July - Sept 2021). Alcazar is not on the list.

I am hopeful that XUV will launch with safety ratings.Safari was a leap of faith bcoz its siblings have good ratings.

As long as you are fine with the wait, have a car at home and are not really swept off your feet by the Safari(which you are clearly not), it is always better to wait, compare and decide.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:11   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
If you are having two minds now, it's better to follow your intuition and make a decision. Car is something you keep for over 5 years minimum. So waiting for few months is actually a good idea if you dont have a pressing requirement. I had nightmare with Tata dealers 3 years ago, dont expect anything to change. If you want prompt response, try involving the area manager for prompt follow up by the dealer.

Since XUV700 is already on your mind, why not wait for few more months and choose what is best for you. Even if you get your steed now, the XUV bug will always be there and you won't enjoy the ownership experience.

Do update on this thread about your decision so it could help those with similar situation to make a better choice. This is my humble opinion.
How do you reach to area manager? Do you go via contacts or work through the social media?
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:34   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
How do you reach to area manager? Do you go via contacts or work through the social media?
While I was at it, the dealer declined to share VIN and dispatch details with me, so I made noise on Twitter and here on the thread. Tata reads these thread and take them seriously. And promptly I got my issue resolved and for the inconvenience caused to me by dealer end, I got some freebies as well.
doxinboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:45   #847
rpm
BHPian

Quote:

At the very least, this seems like a fair conclusion. Mahindra advertised a crash dummy in their XUV 700 teaser(?), so it seems reasonable to assume that they will use the crash rating to their advantage.

Tata, who prides itself on the safety of their vehicles vis-à-vis the competition, has suspiciously kept quiet on the crash ratings of their flagship Harrier twins. Assuming a good rating means taking a leap of faith. It would be wise to let them blow their own trumpet, instead of doing the favour for them. They aren't the type to keep quiet. If they can sponsor the Altroz for a crash test by themselves, they can certainly do so for their flagship too. Nothing's stopping them, except, they themselves.

If crash rating is your criteria, it definitely makes sense to wait. You don't want to be kicking yourself later, like a handful of Seltos owners, who valued crash ratings, yet, took a leap of faith, and ended up face planting straight into the offset deformable barrier. Their feeling is best described by the quote below:

"Ouch! That must've hurt" —Richie Benaud
rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 00:06   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
Anyone has an idea about the horn blowing for 6 to 7 times when key is not in the car but the engine is on?

Is there a way to switch that off?
Because the key is usually in the pocket and at times I do get down while the engine is on(eg: to open the gate)

The blowing horn has been putting me in embarrassing situations.
It cannot be turned off, the only solution in this scenario is to not fully close the driver side door; Just make sure that the door is not shut completely, only the latch is engaged.
Old 3rd May 2021, 00:08   #849
BHPian

Hello Friends, just got my membership approved on this genuine platform for auto enthusiasts. Looking forward.
Just sharing briefly about my booking experience of Tata Safari.

I was initially planning to book Harrier Automatic. Took TD, twice for the same and almost finalised the booking in March 2020. But a nationwide lockdown followed and had to put car booking on hold .
Circa February 2021. Again took fresh TD of Harrier . But decided to check the newly launched Tata Safari before finalising. We are a family of five , including a kid and parents. Hence a five seater automatic diesel perfectly fit the Bill for me.
However once we saw Tata Safari, the temptation of additional third row, rear disc brakes , EPS- all three tilted my decision in favour of the new Tata Safari.
I booked Dark blue colour on 23 February 2021. However my better half was really impressed with Adventure persona variant. So without hesitation, on the next day , we informed the SA that we want Tropical Mist Adventure with seven seater option.
After much deliberation, I convinced the SA at Puneet Motors , Prabhadevi , that I will get my own insurance.

Since then, it’s been a long and frustrating wait for me. The car is not yet billed , forget any timeline for delivery. One day prior to Gudi Padwa, the SA called me , saying that I’m first in the waiting for the adventure persona version and I should pay the remaining amount, so as to hurry up the billing process. I paid extra 4.5 lakh over the booking amount and shared the loan Sanction letter from my bank for the balance amount.
In a couple of days, statewide lockdown was announced in Maharashtra. The SA simply told they are not going to be sure when will I get the car billed or allotted the chassis no.
When I contacted the CRM of Puneet Motors, she was absolutely non commital about the delivery date.
I’m myself a doctor and completely aware of the pandemic situation. Hence I’m not pushing too much. But the whole episode and unreliable experience has left me with second thoughts. I just love Tata Safari and not considering any other car for my budget. But I have only solace that some other Fellow Team bhpians also had similar experience.
My only query is - Not opting for dealers Insurance ( which was at least 40k more) made me a scapegoat.
Sorry for the long post as a beginner.
NitSat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 00:32   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
...To be precise, the phone showed "connected to the car" but the display didn't sight any connection. How do I rectify this?
...I connected my phone (An android version 11 phone) which had connected to the touchscreen but showed this message in it's backdrop saying-"PRE-PRODUCTION HARDWARE NOT FOR RESALE". Is it an error that has to be rectified? If so please guide me.
On the first phone not getting connected - was Bluetooth paired with the HU before you tried Android Auto? See if you have the latest updates from Google Play, try again maybe with a different cable.

For the second phone showing pre-production message - this shows two things, that Android Auto in your HU is working fine, and the error is probably because you're running a beta Androi6 version. Unless this is affecting functionality, you can ignore this.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 03:21   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
I just love Tata Safari and not considering any other car for my budget.
Welcome to the family NitSat and congratulations for your booking. Since you love the car so much, hold your horses and be patient. Cant expect much from the dealer end as the situation is quiet grim due to the pandemic. However, ask them to update you about any progress regarding the allotment. Apart from the phonecall, an email tagging TaMo requesting more information, might help speed the process. Congrats again to you!
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 06:03   #852
BHPian

Quote:
After having booked Safari on 12th Feb and waiting endlessly, I am leaning towards cancelling the booking. I don't have heart to follow-up with the dealer, with so much going around. The communication from dealer before 2nd wave was meh.

Yes, you are thinking it through, more than the money it is your peace of mind that will be a bigger investment. Because then this notion will always be in your mind - I wish if I had waited a bit longer.

Moreover how long you'll have to wait now is also not known. You probably booked the Safari following your heart and now your mind is knocking on the door of your heart to this this twice. So if you have other ways or a Car to commute around, then I would suggest you to wait. XUV 700 might be launched around the Q3 or I am hoping around Diwali which is just like 5 to 6 months away.
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:46   #853
BHPian

Quote:
After having booked Safari on 12th Feb and waiting endlessly, I am leaning towards cancelling the booking.
I am quite surprised you have not received your vehicle yet, I would suggest you escalate within the dealership and even get Tata Motors CRM team involved to notify them of the delay before you decide to cancel your booking. The XUV700 no doubt will be more than a worthy competitor to the Safari but if you're looking at it from the perspective of a niggle free experience, I am not sure you will get that with Mahindra either, please read through the existing niggles on the xuv500 and thar threads. Unsure if Mahindra has fixed the boat-like ride experience from the current-gen xuv500 too, no doubt it'll score a 4-5 star rating at launch but are you going to base your purchase decision on that factor alone? What about the ride quality and seating comfort for all passengers? The xuv700 may also be positioned above the safari in terms of price. I would say, cancel your booking for now (not before you make a hue and cry about the delay in the first place), wait for the Xuv700 to launch, compare both the cars in person before putting down money on one of them so your mind is at peace. I do not think you can go wrong with either of the choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
Just to check if the issue is with the display or the android version of the phone, I connected my phone (An android version 11 phone) which had connected to the touchscreen but showed this message in it's backdrop saying-"PRE-PRODUCTION HARDWARE NOT FOR RESALE". Is it an error that has to be rectified? If so please guide me.
Congratulations on the vehicle! Wishing you many kms of happy motoring on the safari! There is a thread on reddit on this exact issue, seems like a license issue with android auto, you should ideally escalate this back to Tata Motors and get this fixed at the ASC. (link to the reddit thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
After much deliberation, I convinced the SA at Puneet Motors , Prabhadevi , that I will get my own insurance.
Hello and welcome to TBHP! Thank you for everything you and the medical fraternity are doing in current times, massive respect! It is very unfortunate to hear about the delay you're experiencing, I would suggest you escalate it back with Tata Motors. You are in no obligation to go with dealer insurance, infact I mentioned this to my SA very clearly before putting down the booking amount and he was absolutely fine with me not taking insurance from them. Please pen down your experience so far with the dealership to Tata Motors CRM and I am hopeful they act on it, get involved to sort out the delays and get your vehicle allotted and delivered soon.

Last edited by raamki : 3rd May 2021 at 12:59. Reason: fixing typos
raamki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 14:21   #854
BHPian

Having booked my car on 5th April, I am also facing the same issue as no update from the SA side regarding the delivery. I have also dropped my query on Twitter and TATA Motors asked for my number so that they can contact me but have not received any call yet. On the other hand, I am actually fine if I do not receive delivery in May due to a couple of reasons, first I live in Delhi and have booked my car from Himachal and if I have to take delivery, will have to travel to Himachal at this time which is not advisable and second, the current situation in Delhi is pretty bad so even if I get the vehicle, there is no way I can take it out for Spin. So fine if I get the delivery in June.
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:10   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I am quite surprised you have not received your vehicle yet, I would suggest you escalate within the dealership and even get Tata Motors CRM team involved to notify them of the delay before you decide to cancel your booking. The XUV700 no doubt will be more than a worthy competitor to the Safari but if you're looking at it from the perspective of a niggle free experience, I am not sure you will get that with Mahindra either, please read through the existing niggles on the xuv500 and thar threads. Unsure if Mahindra has fixed the boat-like ride experience from the current-gen xuv500 too, no doubt it'll score a 4-5 star rating at launch but are you going to base your purchase decision on that factor alone? What about the ride quality and seating comfort for all passengers? The xuv700 may also be positioned above the safari in terms of price. I would say, cancel your booking for now (not before you make a hue and cry about the delay in the first place), wait for the Xuv700 to launch, compare both the cars in person before putting down money on one of them so your mind is at peace. I do not think you can go wrong with either of the choices!

Congratulations on the vehicle! Wishing you many kms of happy motoring on the safari! There is a thread on reddit on this exact issue, seems like a license issue with android auto, you should ideally escalate this back to Tata Motors and get this fixed at the ASC. (link to the reddit thread)

Hello and welcome to TBHP! Thank you for everything you and the medical fraternity are doing in current times, massive respect! It is very unfortunate to hear about the delay you're experiencing, I would suggest you escalate it back with Tata Motors. You are in no obligation to go with dealer insurance, infact I mentioned this to my SA very clearly before putting down the booking amount and he was absolutely fine with me not taking insurance from them. Please pen down your experience so far with the dealership to Tata Motors CRM and I am hopeful they act on it, get involved to sort out the delays and get your vehicle allotted and delivered soon.
Thanks a Lot for the kind words and for the info. I have just dropped a mail to TML about the dealer details. Waiting for their response. 🤞

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks