Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2021, 19:44   #886
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
You cannot rather shouldn't fit a roof carrier on models with a sun roof (i.e., variants with the + suffix) as the roof loses the structural rigidity to hold the additional weight. But for variants without the sun roof, there is even an OE accessory and plenty options after market.
I would think that this is not true. A factory fitted pano roof is not just a cut and paste job. First of all, the roof rail should be fixed on to the top frame of the car and not on the roof itself. So the strength of the sheet on the roof should not matter much. And then, when a manufacturer factory fits a pano roof, the frame and the roof itself will have additional reinforcements to make up for the lost sheet metal. Saying this because I have seen a lot of SUVs in the US with pano roofs running with a lot of load on the roof rail. My own car has pano and it can easily take bike racks and roof boxes. No problems at all.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 14th May 2021 at 20:01.
Old 14th May 2021, 22:56   #887
BHPian

Is there any update about the NCAP ratings for Safari? Seems rather uncharacteristic that Tata Motors, the flag bearer of safe cars in B segment, is not making any effort to volunteer the flagship Safari for NCAP.

Also read a post by Ram87pune on the Harrier thread which cast some serious doubt about Harrier's safety rating. If I recall correctly, it was related to inadequate protection / issues in firewall causing injuries to the driver's legs in case of a crash. Any news if Tata Motors has managed to fix this for the Safari?
Old 15th May 2021, 12:30   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
Thank you for point numbet 1 as this is what i was looking for, some ownership review. for point number 2, i actually read in this thread only but not able to validate it through any medium.

Thank you for the wishes
Congratulations on the new car. If you are referring to my post from earlier on the wireless Android Auto/Carplay, I'll reiterate that it's from people on the WhatsApp owner's group who have reported seeing this on their March manufactured cars. The official response to any query has been ambiguous asking people to wait for an official announcement around August. I personally haven't seen the option on my car so I'll take this with a pinch of salt until there is something official as it's not sure if existing cars will get it or only the one released after certain date. If this is a requirement for you then best option would be check with dealerships or TATA customer support.
On a side note, there are also rumors of the 4x4 version releasing later with additional features like wireless Android Auto/Carplay, ventilated seats etc. but again pls take these with the said pinch of salt.
Old 15th May 2021, 13:44   #889
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Is there any update about the NCAP ratings for Safari?................ Also read a post by Ram87pune on the Harrier thread which cast some serious doubt about Harrier's safety rating............ Any news if Tata Motors has managed to fix this for the Safari?
Is this (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review) the update you were looking for?
rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:59   #890
BHPian

Any scoop on more Safari colors coming out? Mostly around XUV 700 release I reckon.

The dark Harrier is most stunning and won't mind waiting for another few months if Safari comes out in that avatar. I have already booked the Adv persona but will switch to dark one in a blink, even if it means waiting for 6 more months.
Old 15th May 2021, 14:52   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I would think that this is not true. A factory fitted pano roof is not just a cut and paste job. First of all, the roof rail should be fixed on to the top frame of the car and not on the roof itself. So the strength of the sheet on the roof should not matter much. And then, when a manufacturer factory fits a pano roof, the frame and the roof itself will have additional reinforcements to make up for the lost sheet metal. Saying this because I have seen a lot of SUVs in the US with pano roofs running with a lot of load on the roof rail. My own car has pano and it can easily take bike racks and roof boxes. No problems at all.
This issue is specific to the Safari where there is a difference in the way the roof has been designed between the models with and without sunroof. TATA doesn't recommend fitting a roof carrier on the model with sunroof.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 15:20   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Is this (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review) the update you were looking for?
I was actually asking if there's an update beyond this. Ram87pune mentioned in the post that Tata Motors are working to make the new Safari safer. So I was asking if there have been any updates on that front.
Old 15th May 2021, 15:57   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Congratulations on the new car. If you are referring to my post from earlier on the wireless Android Auto/Carplay, I'll reiterate that it's from people on the WhatsApp owner's group who have reported seeing this on their March manufactured cars. The official response to any query has been ambiguous asking people to wait for an official announcement around August. I personally haven't seen the option on my car so I'll take this with a pinch of salt until there is something official as it's not sure if existing cars will get it or only the one released after certain date. If this is a requirement for you then best option would be check with dealerships or TATA customer support.
On a side note, there are also rumors of the 4x4 version releasing later with additional features like wireless Android Auto/Carplay, ventilated seats etc. but again pls take these with the said pinch of salt.
Thanks for the clarity and wishes . I personally feel car coming in this segment should definitely have this option,but will not change my decision if it is not there. But let's hope Tata do think about it and give us this update.
Old 15th May 2021, 16:03   #894
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
I was actually asking if there's an update beyond this. Ram87pune mentioned in the post that Tata Motors are working to make the new Safari safer. So I was asking if there have been any updates on that front.
ram87pune said in a recent post that Tata is planning to launch the turbo petrol on the Harrier twins in 2023. I think it might possibly be related to the resolution of the issue at hand. Though, that also means that the fix will only be applicable to the petrol variants.

In such a scenario, Tata Motors may get the fixed petrol variants crash tested, and advertise it as the crash rating of the Harrier twins, even though it may not apply to the diesel variants. (This is just pure speculation for now, until the Diesel Harrier/Safari gets crash tested.)

I'm positive ram87pune will post an update, if and when he gets one.

Last edited by rpm : 15th May 2021 at 16:10.
rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 22:25   #895
BHPian

Hi Safari owners,

Can someone please tell me how many keys did we get with the new safari. I was just given one PEPS key and 2 mechanical keys. As I understand, the mechanical keys are to be used only in emergency. Which just leaves one key in my hand to be used always.

Is it consistent with all that TATA only provides one PEPS key with the car?

Thanks
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 07:39   #896
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

MOD NOTE : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post

Can someone please tell me how many keys did we get with the new safari.

Received 2 keys. No manual keys received.
Seems like a cost cutting measure incase it is happening with the newer cars.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2021 at 20:48. Reason: Mod note attached.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 19:33   #897
BHPian

MOD NOTE - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Can someone please tell me how many keys did we get with the new safari. I was just given one PEPS key and 2 mechanical keys. As I understand, the mechanical keys are to be used only in emergency. Which just leaves one key in my hand to be used always.
Make no sense from the TATA side, as seen in videos that TATA gives 2 Remote keys. Also, we recently bought Nexon, and there as well, we received two remote keys and no mechanical keys. Please call the TATA helpdesk and verify the same.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2021 at 20:49. Reason: Mod note attached.
Abhi1990 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 09:57   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please tell me how many keys did we get with the new safari
I got two PEPS keys (Passive Entry Passive Start) with mechanical key embedded inside along with my XZA+ Adventure, your dealer is acting fishy, escalate to TATA directly ASAP!

Last edited by AirWind : 17th May 2021 at 10:02.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 10:09   #899
BHPian

Hi All,

I believe the dealer is not giving correct information. I have got feedback from TATA motors that, due to semi conductor shortage, ideally the cars comes with two Keys. However to cater more customers with cars, they are sending one keys so that they can cater two customers. the second key will comes once lockdown eases and no shortage of semiconductor.

So send an email to TATA motors. they will clarify this decision. Still waiting for my harrier delivery but looks like it will be extended due to this lockdown.
Endofdayz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:15   #900
BHPian

The first service of my vehicle is due by the end of this month. I'm stuck in my hometown Mysore. With the ongoing lockdown in Karnataka, I'm guessing all the service centers would be non operational in Bangalore or Mysore. Any idea on how this is dealt at the company level. Will getting the first free service/inspection beyond the 2 month period affect my warranty in any way ? Ideally it shouldn't because of the lockdown situation outside.

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors...ry/438818.html

This article in business today says that there is an extension for free service/inspection provided without affecting the warranty as mentioned by Dimple Mehta, Head of Customer Care TATA Motors.
I talked to my SA and he hadn't heard anything about it. I did not receive any communication from Tata either expect for a service reminder.

Wanted to check if any of the members have been in a similar situation with TATA motors and how it was handled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks