Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 20:08   #811
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
Have a query for the experts who have insights into the booking and delivery process. My dealer says the vehicle is allotted and needs part pre-payment today for the vehicle to be billed and claims remaining has to be paid in next 3-5 days else it might be allotted to someone else.

I think he is lying through the teeth, but I calmly said as far as I know thats not how it works. Then he started requesting some pre-payment in next few days.

Can someone chime in on the process?

My other worry is I don't have any clue if the vehicle is really allotted as Tata Motors doesn't communicate with us directly. Is there a way to check if the vehicle is even allotted for my booking?

My dealer in Mangalore told me the same during the allocation of my Harrier XZA+. He told me that they do not have any Harrier's lying in the stockyard (which is true as I went there to check) and they only place an order for confirmed bookings. But I clearly told them that I will only do a part payment (1 lakh~) and also that the complete amount would be released only after I do a detailed PDI at their stockyard. They agreed and also let me use my previous car which was supposed to be exchanged till the day my Harrier was delivered.

PS: If the vehicle is being financed, let your bank know not to release the payment to the dealer till you've done your PDI and you are satisfied about the car.

If the dealer is still adamant, tweet to Tata Motors (twitter handle) - things will smoothen out - Happened in my case

Last edited by The Riddler : 22nd April 2021 at 20:22. Reason: Additional info added
The Riddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 07:07   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Tata should have kept the Gravitas name as it was. It could have launched a new Safari altogether with proper 4x4 and off roading capabilities or it could have launched the Sierra.

The present Safari doesn't seem to have the character of the old one!
Look at it from a marketing perspective:
1. They have excellent brand pull for Safari now
2. Its selling, getting good coverage, IPL CenterStage everywhere
3. As it stands, TML didn’t have a real BOF 4*4 in the pipeline immediately. They can milk this SAFARI till the fun lasts. Hexa was there but it was not pulling in crowds so they gave up on it.
4. In future if they do come out with other "Real SUV"s, they have other options - did some one say - Sierra

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 23rd April 2021 at 07:08. Reason: typo
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:53   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
Isn't it bad for the Torque Converter transmission to leave it in D mode while stopped? Wouldn't the clutch be engaged for the whole duration of stop in this case?

In a Torque converter automatic, the 'torque converter' unit is the clutch. Isn't it always "engaged" no matter which mode you are in?

That is the reason why a Torque Converter automatic car moves as soon as the brake pedal is released.
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:18   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
3. As it stands, TML didn’t have a real BOF 4*4 in the pipeline immediately.
4. In future if they do come out with other "Real SUV"s, they have other options - did some one say - Sierra
TML has the option of adding a 4x4 in the current Safari and they have gone on record that they will do it if there is enough demand. Apart from that they plan to standardize on ALPHA and OMEGA both unibody architectures so there is very little chance of a BOF SUV in the foreseeable future unless they bring back the Hexa in any form. The Sierra concept too was built on OMEGA. Now that even the Defender, Discovery 5(last BOF models in the Land Rover range) and Pajero are unibody its no longer taboo for a "Real SUV" to be unibody.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 22:26   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
By any chance, has anyone seen the Safari in Daytona Grey in real life or in the reviews? Almost all of the reviews were with the Royal Blue and Orcus White.

Just wanted some idea about it... because, yes, I am thinking of booking it tomorrow!
Hi! I booked the same colour in XT+. Do let us know how the experience was. Looking forward to it. Cheers
Old 27th April 2021, 22:45   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohooper View Post
Hi! I booked the same colour in XT+. Do let us know how the experience was. Looking forward to it. Cheers
Here is a video on the same variant XT+ with same colour -

Another one too, but looks like top variant-

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 27th April 2021 at 22:59.
TorqueIndia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 17:40   #817
BHPian

Hello Everyone, Just got my membership approved. Have been following this thread and learning new things about the safari from various owners. I have booked Safari Adventure Persona AT 7 seater on 4th April in Himachal Pradesh and now eagerly waiting for the delivery. I am upgrading from Ford Ecosport. Will share more update as and when I have more information from the showroom.
Abhi1990 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 10:27   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
Hello Everyone, Just got my membership approved. Have been following this thread and learning new things about the safari from various owners. I have booked Safari Adventure Persona AT 7 seater on 4th April in Himachal Pradesh and now eagerly waiting for the delivery. I am upgrading from Ford Ecosport. Will share more update as and when I have more information from the showroom.
Congratulations !! Do post pictures when you get it !
Varunmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 14:00   #819
BHPian

Thank you and definitely. However, with the ongoing Covid situation and lockdown in Maharashtra till April 30th, I am assuming deliveries will be delayed. My SA told me that it might get delivered in Mid May but he was not confident. Let's hope for the best
Old 29th April 2021, 18:38   #820

I had booked the XZA+ Adventure Persona in the first week of March at a dealer in Pondicherry with a committed delivery by first week of April . However they were unable to get the vehicle by then nor do they have any idea when they would be able to deliver the vehicle . The update I got from the dealer today is that they are expecting the vehicle to be allotted this week and that there is an issue with the infotainment system in the Adventure Persona variant which is causing the delay . Not sure how far this is true .
ramprebagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 21:21   #821
JJo

I too have booked XZA (RB color) on 6-Mar in Hyd and yet to get concrete update on the delivery date. Today when I followed up with SA, I was informed that production is going to stop for a week due to covid and delivery will be further delayed. I don't know how far this news is true but overall experience so far has left a bad taste as there is no transparency & following up with TML has become a routine (there is absolutely no proactive status update from TML or SA)
I was particularly told that the delay is due to the variant & color I have booked, again I don't believe TML & SA on the reasoning. Since I have already signed agreement with the bank and paid the stamp duty for loan, I am kind off stuck - If I have to chose another variant or another car altogether, then bank wants me to pay stamp duty again (~11K)
Old 29th April 2021, 21:41   #822
BHPian

I am one of those people who tested positive a day after taking the delivery.

It felt terrible to just keep it parked without even touching it for about 20 days since I was quarantining.

But now I have tested negative a week ago and am driving it around. Not much but few kms a day.

All I want to convey is DO NOT be disappointed with the delay in deliveries. It is absolutely okay to get it a little later.
Stay safe and stay happy. With the pandemic on, it is a privilege to stay alive and to drive around.
Let us all fight it, come over it and have a safer time to rev our engines.
db DrivE is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 00:27   #823
BHPian

I was told the plant is operating at a reduced capacity currently that could push allotment and deliveries by a few weeks. I booked the adventure persona xza+ on April 2nd and still waiting on an allotment, this also seems to be the variant with the maximum waiting period according to my SA. Now, with the lockdown in effect across Karnataka and the showrooms closed, I do not expect anything to happen until the second week of may. Hopeful of getting it by June, my SA seems optimistic. �� stay safe everyone!
Old 30th April 2021, 10:20   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJo View Post
I too have booked XZA (RB color) on 6-Mar in Hyd and yet to get concrete update on the delivery date.
My experience has been a little better that way. I booked XZA+ in White color on 17 March in Gurgaon. After constantly following up with the dealer, I got the delivery on 21st April.

At times I had to follow up with the sales manager because the SA was not aware of current status. I called once a week initially and every 2-3 days after 2 weeks to check whether a vehicle has been allotted against my number and when would the dealer receive that vehicle.

On the day of delivery, I was able to get the PDI done in the morning and a temporary registration during the afternoon. The SA was running to get the job done and though it was longer wait than what I expected, but I was still happy that things moved. Also I could get 10% discount on accessories from them.

Possibly after reading all the reviews here on this thread, my expectations were a little low but the experience was pretty okay. The dealership was crowded as it was the Ram Navmi and lot of deliveries were scheduled for that day, but we were given due attention.
Varunmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 10:53   #825
Senior - BHPian

To existing owners and people who have had TD of the Safari.

I remember seeing one of the reviewers on Youtube mentioning that the Ambient lights go off, once you start driving. Isn't it weird? I have a Ford Ecosport S, and these stay ON, untill I turn them off from the ICE.

Can someone please confirm if that's the case with the Safari?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks