Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 10:20   #661
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Tata never needed the Hexa or the Harrier or this new Safari.

All it need to do was to give the Safari Storme front facing rear seats, 10 speaker JBL audio, 6 air bags and the 6 speed superb auto gear box in the Hexa. It would have done what Seltos did to the market and saved them crores of investment into this new R&D.

But hey, who can blame them, Tata was just being Tata.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 11:21   #662
BHPian

Tata Safari 2021 XM walk around , looks good at 16.00 Lakhs

*Fog lamps
*7" touchscreen with 6 speakers
*Height adjustable driver seat
*Rear wash wiper
*Tilt & telescopic steering
*Electronic rear view mirrors
*Foldable key fob
*Drive modes

And all standard long list of safety features.

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 26th March 2021 at 11:25.
TorqueIndia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 12:15   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Tata Safari 2021 XM walk around , looks good at 16.00 Lakhs.
A comfortable 7 seater with a rugged build compared to what's available at its price point. These 2 colours look premium even with those steel wheels. Automatic at 17.25 lakhs is quite a tempting package.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_202103261207392.png  

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_202103261208072.png  

Last edited by damodar : 26th March 2021 at 12:20.
damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 12:16   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post

If the Hexa came wrapped in a shell anything like the Safari Storme, it would've plundered the market, despite weight, mileage or any other secondary parameter.

The Safari'21 is a good MPV that looks like an SUV.
The Hexa was a good SUV which looked like an MPV.
Since we are going back into history I think a lot of this has to do with the market perception. Back in the day when Tata took a decision of neglecting the SUV lineage(SAFARI) and built and marketed a crossover(Aria) believing it had better potential it was a big mistake. The pricing too was added recipe for disaster. Mahindra learned from it marketed their crossover(Xover Utility Vehicle) an SUV, got their pricing spot on.

Tata then after much delays went back to building the Storme which in spite of being built on the same Aria platform retained the overall looks of the Safari but the design was called "dated" and while I have loved all previous iterations of the Safari with that unappealing grille the Storme was "too little too late" in spite of having overcome a lot of the DICOR complaints.

The Hexa though a very valiant effort was a move that I felt had a better chance if they used to further evolve the Storme would have given better results as the Aria's proportions would never be able to translate to the public image of an SUV while the Storme always had that potential and given both were on the same platform the efforts would not have been different. If they had plonked in the same automatic mated to the same engine and added some of the refinement and given the same treatment on the looks.

Fast forwarding to the 2021 Safari I think they went overboard on the Land Rover lineage but sticking the Safari moniker made all the difference. I wish they had learnt some of the other things that worked for the Hexa too. In my opinion what they missed was:-
  • Stretching the platform to its ful 4.8 m length and adding a bit more height which would still not affect the looks but would improve space and luxury
  • An independent rear suspension improving the ride to Hexa standards
  • A proper 4x4 to improve the SUV credentials

Above all with the slew of new launches they have they also need to address viability of these cars especially in context of existing owners because the Toyota brand was built on service and resale and looking at their ambition of premium cars I think they need to learn sustainability and resale is also a big part of premium experience at least in the India context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post

All it need to do was to give the Safari Storme front facing rear seats, 10 speaker JBL audio, 6 air bags and the 6 speed superb auto gear box in the Hexa. It would have done what Seltos did to the market and saved them crores of investment into this new R&D.

Actually they did not need the Aria. The above Safari Storme would have been successful in 2010 not in 2021.

I think the Hexa is a crossover trying to lean towards being an SUV. The Safari 2021 is an SUV that left out some key credentials mostly for cost reasons.

What Tata should learn from history is that:-
  • The market loves an SUV with the Safari lineage their biggest marketing opportunity.
  • They should also remember while the Hexa and Aria did not set sales charts on fire they did set the benchmark for luxury and refinement which is an opportunity to help elevate their entire SUV offering especially the Safari
  • The current Safari got a good market response but to sustain it needs to improve the SUV fundamentals which can affect perception and positioning
  • The Safari while space might not be addressable the refinement and ride are definitely good targets

Last edited by nainan : 26th March 2021 at 12:35.
nainan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 13:38   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post

As I know Tata had difficulty(or needed significant investment) in meeting upcoming crash test/emission norms for Hexa. So same would apply to Storme as well. Storme has been through long life cycle, did not make much sense when they already have newer platform/engine in hand. This was one of the reason why Tata lost the plot between 2005-2016. They kept on updating existing products instead of brining all new product.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 14:02   #666
BHPian

How much is the reserve fuel in Safari/Harrier? I mean once the low fuel sign comes up on the MID, how much is left of the 50 litres? My guess would be 5 litres. But would like to know from the owners.
CarGuy_DM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:06   #667

I have booked the XZ+ Adventure Persona here in Bangalore and am expecting the delivery by Wednesday (March 31, 2021). But the dealership still has no update on the accessories for the Safari. I checked about the 3D Mats, Puddle Lamps, Cycle Carrier, and other accessories (especially the "comfort" and "safety" packs) that are listed in the official Safari accessories marketing brochure, but the SA has no idea about when they will be available. Is this something that usually happens with new launches?

Also, is it only in Bangalore that this is happening, or is it happening in other cities too? Wanted to check with other TBHPians who have either got the delivery already, or are going to get in the next week or so, whether their dealerships have any information on the official accessories.

They do not even have an update on the extended warranty charges!
bluestreaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:58   #668
BHPian

[quote=bluestreaks;5031626
Also, is it only in Bangalore that this is happening, or is it happening in other cities too? Wanted to check with other TBHPians who have either got the delivery already, or are going to get in the next week or so, whether their dealerships have any information on the official accessories.

They do not even have an update on the extended warranty charges![/QUOTE]

I am facing a similar situation with my dealer here in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. The SA has no clue about the Extended Warranty. I had to tell him that the EW charges are Rs. 33900 as shared by the other members on the team-BHP forum. He has not confirmed the amount from his end yet.

For the accessories I told him about the ones I want, he has shared a price list and informed me that he has billed those as well but no timeline for delivery. I hope that these will be delivered soon enough. Sharing the Price List.

For the vehicle itself I am told that it should arrive next week by Tuesday and delivery by Friday after a 48hour PDI.

[ATTACH=Image.jpeg]2021 Tata Safari Review-image-1.jpeg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-image.jpeg  

ashish2135 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 18:58   #669
BHPian

Went to take a look at the Safari at the Himayathnagar showroom in Hyderabad. There were at least 4 sales guys present and only one other prrospect.I was there for a good 20 mins.and not one of the sales guys enquired.Got frustrated and walked out.

While moving out told them about their lackadaisical attitude and they were like big deal.Except a young executive who apologized,the rest including their senior was like buy it if you like, else Tata.We care a damn

My experience at their Begumpet showroom (near CMs office) was pleasant though.

Compare this to the Toyota response when I visited their showroom .Their executive was behind me from the time I stepped in...told me about the prices,features and took me to their stockyard to show the different colours .The ambience of Hyundai showroom was a class apart👌

Its clear that Tata has produced good products but it unfortunately may not help because the customer touchpoint remains more or less as bad as it was earlier.If I'm plonking 2.5 mn on their product,I expect atleast ' decent' service if not something premium.

Last edited by Ram78 : 27th March 2021 at 19:08.
Old 27th March 2021, 21:45   #670
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

A :
"The car is whats really important, bad customer interfacing is a hiccup I've to put up with. It's silly if my decision to buy or not is influenced by the human who is asked to deal with me for a few hours, instead of the merit of the product"

B :
"The only touch point of the customer with the brand name , is the customer interfacing at the dealership, screw this simple aspect & suffer sales decline, rendering the huge R&D investment and effort useless, irrespective of how good the product is"

The problem is , those (customers) who need to think A , think B ; and those (dealerships, and company executives in charge of dealerships) who need to think B, think A
venkyhere is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 08:37   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreaks View Post
It has been 2 months since I got my Harrier but some of the accessories I wanted are still not available (some of them I have paid for at the time of purchase are still pending). Looks like there is a serious issue with availability of Tata accessories and SA gives me new excuses and new ETA each time I check.
Old 28th March 2021, 09:05   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
It has been 2 months since I got my Harrier but some of the accessories I wanted are still not available (some of them I have paid for at the time of purchase are still pending). Looks like there is a serious issue with availability of Tata accessories and SA gives me new excuses and new ETA each time I check.
There is a delay, even floormats are not there yet. I looked at the accessories list that my BIL has received, as usual most of them are avoidable except the side step and floormats.
Old 28th March 2021, 09:25   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
There is a delay, even floormats are not there yet. I looked at the accessories list that my BIL has received, as usual most of them are avoidable except the side step and floormats.
Agree! The SA pushed me to buy "3D" floor mats (I wanted to buy Kagu floor mats) but the quality is not great and the driver side floor mat moves around a lot.

The only official accessories that really make sense are side step, mudflaps and boot mat (not floor mats).

That said, I have not seen an official brochure for Harrier accessories (unlike Safari though many would be common) and SA don't seem to be too interested in pushing any accessories during sale except for floor mats and mudflaps.
Old 28th March 2021, 09:28   #674
BHPian

My Safari XZA+ 7 seater adventure edition has reached the dealer stockyard where I visited the the place on friday for PDI. All looks good so far

I have completed the full payment yesterday and now awaiting the RTO registration, which as per SA, takes 7 to 8 working days. Considering some bank holidays in coming week, I expect the delivery by 7th or 8th April. Fingers crossed! I could have taken the delivery with temporary registration however avoided that as I felt risky. So I shall wait for permanent number plate to arrive.

I have opted for EW for 3 years Unlimited KM and the price is 33k. Also managed to negotiate insurance amount to match the outside quotations.

Regarding accessories, the dealer has limited information as Tata has not supplied most of them. As such I am not in a hurry and looking only for front parking sensors and sun blinds. I shall purchase floor mats mostly from outside.

I shall update once I get the vehicle in hand.
varman742 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 18:50   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
Agree! The SA pushed me to buy "3D" floor mats (I wanted to buy Kagu floor mats) but the quality is not great and the driver side floor mat moves around a lot.
I called hottracks in bangalore but even the 3D Kagu mats are not available for the Safari . He said it might take more than a month to get them for the Safari. I guess I will have to take delivery without the mats on Wednesday. Planning to buy something temporary until the Kagu are available, since looks like the Tata ones are also not good enough!
bluestreaks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks