Old 12th March 2021, 09:24   #586
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
The "Safari" continues it legacy. CISF.
Source
Finally media cars being used/abused for a good cause. Good thinking on the part of someone important at Tata Motors for proactively providing media cars to CISF. This ensures free publicity in the eyes of the general public as well as the top government honchos who are present at such events. This will help the Safari's cause when it is later listed on GeM (Government e-Marketplace) as more departments/organizations will be inclined to purchase it for their top bosses.

However, the lack of familiarity of the CISF personnel with the Safari was quite evident and hence the demonstration lacked the erstwhile fluidity that has become the hallmark of CISF demonstrations. I would wager that the CISF did not have more than 2-4 days practice with the Safari.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 09:47   #587
BHPian

Sharing the link to the parade video:

Dear mods, please attach this to my previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210312094429729_com.google.android.youtube.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210312094423339_com.google.android.youtube.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210312094418927_com.google.android.youtube.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 11:44   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post

I am in market without any research as my Innova Crysta got stolen (CCTV Footage: My Innova Crysta ZX AT got stolen in Delhi) few days back. Any insight in maintenance issues I might face in future will be highly helpful. I have had made up mind but many close one warns me that I might have horrid maintenance issue with Tata.
I suppose you are bored of the Innova's monotony and looking for a change. Plus the 4 lacs difference, invested for four/five years will make a considerable deposit towards the next car purchase.

One benefit vis a vis the usual M&M or Tata launch cars, is that the Safari has already completed its Beta testing phase. All the running gear has gone through more than 2 years of feedback and fixes in the Harrier, which uses the exact same running gear.

So while the Safari is brand new into the market the Omega Arc/2.0 multijet combo has been tried and tested for sometime now. As you already know the Safari will not match Toyota's reputation for reliability, but at the same time you will also not suffer similar challenges as the current Thar either.
shortbread is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 01:34   #589
BHPian

Test drove the safari. XZA+ with Panoramic sunroof. Here are my observations (owned indica DLG, Turbo, indigo, manza and now Nexon AMT for the last 10 -12 years or so)

Heavy steering at Parking speeds, disproportionately weighted for no reason.
Light steering above 40-50 kmph but dangerously sensitive at high speeds. My manza, Indigo and Indica never had such problems. My Nexon in comparison a gem.
Spacious interiors. Felt airy and bright.
My left knee hit the bottom of steering column while getting out. It was also constantly fouling with the center console. Keeping the left leg on the dead pedal was the solution.
Good music system.
Third row was comfortable.
Felt premium while watching the vehicle arrive and depart.
Well controlled engine sound outside the car other than the AC unit.
Easy to slide in and slide out of the car.
Not much boot space but can fold down one third row seat to liberate some room.
Good pickup, decent auto gearbox with fussfree shifts.
Price of 25.74lakhs on road Chennai
I was told 5 years warranty (3+2)+ unlimited kms

Also testdrove the Innova Crysta ZXAT to compare .
The innova felt cheap inside. Cheap and hard plastics on dashboard, doors etc .
When I shifted the box to D the whole car shook. I have not seen that happen anywhere else. I drove 2006 odyssey for 2 years and it never occurred in that too. Same story with P and R gears as well.
Felt car like to drive. Torquey motor.
Innova was more noisy outside and inside the vehicle.
30.xx onroad Chennai .
I think the same 5 years warranty but some limited kms if am not wrong.

Last edited by TorqMaster : 13th March 2021 at 01:43. Reason: Multiple additions
TorqMaster is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 17:58   #590
BHPian

Name:  Screenshot_202103131733422.png
Views: 5960
Size:  595.3 KB

A bit off topic but somebody has played the uno reverse card and installed the safari grill on the harrier.
To each his own I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMW643UA...=1r4iymux1qcir
aansh singhania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 09:03   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
Attachment 2132220

A bit off topic but somebody has played the uno reverse card and installed the safari grill on the harrier.
To each his own I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMW643UA...=1r4iymux1qcir
This was bound to happen. I'm sure they would start fitting the Safari accessories also.

I reckon we will see an Adventure persona on the Harrier some time.
Old 14th March 2021, 09:52   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
To each his own I guess.
So, now we know why Tata went with the chrome grill, don't we? In India, a big SUV has to have lot of chrome, no two way about it. What else to do with all that surface area that a big cars brings then? It is quite common in my place to see people installing those chrome thingy around tail lamps.
Old 14th March 2021, 13:51   #593
BHPian

The 2021 Safari is just not well thought of I guess. Having white upholstery in an adventure oriented SUV is just not done and the macho looks of Safari are all gone with this version.
Instead the Adventure Persona is much better. Better interiors, more macho looks with black elements etc.

All these could have been a part of the regular variants.

shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 13:58   #594

I had booked XT variant considering price and features almost 3 weeks back in pune.

Safari fulfilled the needs of 7 seater. Very good package from TATA.

Does anyone know it deliveries have started in pune?

Looks like deliveries are slow.
Old 14th March 2021, 14:58   #595
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that the bookings for the Safari have already crossed the 5000 mark and are still growing everyday. So the naming saga of the new Safari seems to be working for Tata Motors atleast as of now.

The Pimpri plant is running at full capacity in 2 shifts churning out the Altroz,Harrier and the Safari at full swing. All these 3 cars are witnessing unprecedented demand and the production,quality etc departments are completely stressed out. Even the Nexon which is built at the Ranjangaon plant has a waiting period of more than 2.5 months. So basically all these 4 cars are straightaway going to the dealerships as soon as they complete all the quality checks in the plant with zero cars lying idle. The monthly sales figures that we are seeing are basically limited only by Tata's ability to produce cars on a daily basis and nothing else.

All the best to Tata Motors and hope they are able to keep this momentum in the long run.
ram87pune is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 15:32   #596
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone here have any idea if any of the dealerships in Bangalore has the Adventure persona edition or even the regular Tropical mist colour on display in the showrooms?

Looking at the umpteen number of Youtube videos showing the adventure persona in showrooms, I was very curious to have a look at the car in person and even contacted a few dealers and no one has this version on display.

But since it looked quite attractive in comparison to the other colours and didn't want to wait, we have gone ahead and booked the XZA+ Adventure Persona edition with 7 seats with Adishakti cars in Bangalore. But still dealer has no clue when it will be on display. Any information on this is much appreciated.
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 17:09   #597
Senior - BHPian

Key Motors on Kanakpura Road had it on display. Plz call to check, since I saw the same car getting dressed up at Service (maybe for delivery)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Does anyone here have any idea if any of the dealerships in Bangalore has the Adventure persona edition
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 17:53   #598
BHPian

I have been following this thread for a long time now and now its time to Jump in. I had submitted my interest online on TML website for Safari Purchase. Got redirected to KHT Showroom due to location proximity.

The SA called yesterday promptly and I mentioned I will come down today - Sunday at 11:00 am. Reached there by 11:30 and I was surprised - Tata Showroom full of people - 3 Cars getting delivered and 4 People in queue for the test ride. We informed the service desk and they sent a another lady SA shortly after a while. I informed about my requirements and She mentioned that I can get the TD today after 20 mins wait or I can get the car sent to my place for TD on any weekday as per my choice. I opted for a weekday TD and left after a while ogling on the Adventure Persona standing in the showroom. All the black bits look awesome. However both me and family didn’t like the car colour so much.
My Ideal combination would be White or Red Safari with Full Black bits like the current Adventure Persona with Black Interiors.
I will purchase Safari, I will wait for some more colour combinations to come up.

So all in all the Showroom experience was not the horror stories that you will usually hear with TML. All good and professional.

Coming to the car itself
1. As soon as we sat inside, wife and son both commented that it feels narrower than our Hexa.
2. Second row seats had captain chair but the armrests were already soiled.
3. Last row headrest was almost touching the Hatch door, there was almost no room for luggage with all 3 rows up.
4. Driver and Co Passenger had great seats, feeling and view.
5. Sat in the last row, I am 5.5 so it was ok for me however there is a big floor hump from the second row middle area all the way to the third rows. It was a bit cumbersome to get to the third row.

Went to Toyota straight from there. I will be waiting for the TD of both Safari and Crysta Back to Back to share more feedback and final call.
Current waiting periods for Safari and Crysta are both 45 days it seems but anyways I am not in a hurry.

Small mental Note to my self at the end of the day - Hexa was a very good choice when I had brought it 3.5 years ago. It offers money's worth and now I feel I am unnecessarily upgrading to something which is a bit of a compromise of a 7 seater (Safari) or at par (Crysta) spending more than what I paid for my Hexa.
No offence to existing owners of either of the two cars, just pouring my heart out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Does anyone here have any idea if any of the dealerships in Bangalore has the Adventure persona edition or even the regular Tropical mist colour on display in the showrooms?
Dear Sridhar, KHT Brookfield has both the Adventure Persona and a regular Safari (Blue colour) on Display to check and compare in the Showroom.
swarnava.ch is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 18:29   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Small mental Note to my self at the end of the day - Hexa was a very good choice when I had brought it 3.5 years ago. It offers money's worth and now I feel I am unnecessarily upgrading to something which is a bit of a compromise of a 7 seater (Safari) or at par (Crysta) spending more than what I paid for my Hexa.
No offence to existing owners of either of the two cars, just pouring my heart out.
I am also going through the same throught process. Neither Safari nor Crysta is a true upgrade from Hexa. I made up my mind to go for Crysta ZX, went to their site and found ZX is only available in 6 seater configuration. With a baby seat always strapped in, a six seater config is a strict no for me. Safari somehow felt like a downgrade other than for the Sunroof. It is quicker than Hexa though. Fortuner and Endeavour are the only true upgrades from Hexa as of now. For now, I have decided to wait out for a preowned Fortuner in the config I want or buy a new one after a year.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 14th March 2021 at 18:33.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 01:55   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

The monthly sales figures that we are seeing are basically limited only by Tata's ability to produce cars on a daily basis and nothing else.

All the best to Tata Motors and hope they are able to keep this momentum in the long run.
As per my understanding the Pune plants capacity is 1000 cars per day on a double shift.

https://www.tatamotors.com/about-us/facilities/pune/

This translates to 20000 cars a month considering 20 days of operations. However given that last month the numbers were Altroz - 6832, Harrier - 2020, Safari - 1707 totaling 10569 they should be at 50% capacity thereabouts.

Unless they have double the sales this month which may be true for the Safari = 5000 - 1707 = 3293 they will need to have 20000- 10569 = 9431 more sales out of which if we subtract the Safari numbers =9431-3293 = 6138 of Altroz+Harrier which looks like a tall order to me given these are not new cars.

Tata Motors Model Wise Sales Feb 2021 – Nexon, Altroz, Tiago, Harrier, Safari

Could this be the result of semiconductor shortages which is limiting the plant capacity. If yes I assume the departments should not be very stressed. Anyways kudos to TML they have really upped their game.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks